Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
How about a planet where the species of the most ruthless, cruel and sadistic creatures in the galaxy live

The planets name is Earth!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prince Reggie K
Feb 12, 2007

I've been denied all the best Ultra-Sex.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZP7K9SycELA
Meat Planet

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

buckets of buckets posted:

How about a planet where the species of the most ruthless, cruel and sadistic creatures in the galaxy live

The planets name is Earth!!!

I hope that's true.
The rest of the galaxy is gonna be a pushover once we finally get our poo poo together.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A planet where girls are boys and boys are girls, and it really blows your square little mind that they could even live like this!

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Planet Party, the party planet.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
East Side planet. Locked in eternal war with West Side planet.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Earth 2

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

A planet where every thing you thought was true is now false and vice versa but the things you weren't sure about vis a vis truth/falsehood are still relatively ambiguous

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010
A planet of humanoids thousands of years more technologically advanced than us but they all wear tunics

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
On this planet, the flora provide free internet. The indigenous civilization has devised an aerial mode of transportation that can fry eggs on the surface as it flies. Little do they know, the spiteful insect colonies are plotting to overthrow them and seize all they have created. Finally, the whole thing is covered in a fine mesh.

It's a LAN Plant Pan Plane Ant Plan Net Planet

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A planet with blue Native Americans that have sex using their hair.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
That but the planet is also known as the "all-anal" planet

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
semen planet

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
a planet where, for once, love prevails

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A planet where the animated series Slayers takes place

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
Ressurect dead on planet jupiter

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Tiny Planet is a passive item.

Effects[edit | edit source]
Range greatly increased.
+7 Shot Height, allowing tears to fly over all obstacles.
Tears now revolve around Isaac at a fixed distance until they hit the ground.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Tears will not hit directly in front of Isaac; aiming directly away from enemies is often effective.

A Lump Of Coal - This item drastically increases the screen time of tears because it makes them orbit around Isaac for a few seconds. A Lump Of Coal adds a lot of damage to tears in "outer orbit".
Anti-Gravity - Tears remain stationary until released, then snap back into orbit.
Azazel Brimstone - Increases Azazel's range with Brimstone, and warps the beam around the character.
Bob's Rotten Head - The thrown bomb orbits Isaac, making it hard to predict where it will land.
Brimstone - The beam will wrap around the character and shoot straight forward.
Dr. Fetus - Tears turns to bomb that orbit very fast around Isaac and explode after a short time.
Hook Worm - Has no effect.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
I can't stand it. I know you planet.

hey welcome to the show! posted:

Also welcome all to the planet thread.

Thank you, it is good to be ehre.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=429ok-D8JwM

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Planet that is pyramids but also underwater.

Planet that has many smaller planets inside like a Russian nesting doll.

Planet where everything looks cell shaded.

Applewhite posted:

Fast aging planet where the people are born, live their lives and die in the space of a single day.

Ray Bradbury has a short story with a planet like that where they live 3 or 4 days. It's real good.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 2, 2016

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
You guys aren't even following the instructions, you're all loose cannons.

1) The planet has an earthlike atmosphere which is purple. Noble gases are about twice as common in this atmosphere compared to earth.

2) The climate on the planet is arctic all over.

3) There are no seasons on the planet.

4) The planet has two large continents which are connected by the mostly perpetually frozen oceans. The only vegetation is made up of schools of floating fungal blobs which never touch the surface of the planet.

5) There are no distinct landmarks on the planet.

6) There are no natural resources worth speaking of on the planet other than seemingly inexhaustible quantities of jellyfish and floating mushroom things.

7) There are no cities on the planet, only the dwellings of tribal communities which are dug into the permafrost.

8)

-

1) The planet is inhabited by Goobersnacks, of which there are roughly six million in total. They are mostly humanoid but have a strange skin color and some sort of strange facial feature that sets them apart from humans but not so much that one couldn't make a human look like them with cosmetic prosthetics.

2) I already said there are only jellyfish and flying mushroom things (which look a lot like sky jellyfish)

3) Goobersnacks are sapient but have no long term memory, which is presumably necessary trait considering how poo poo this planet is. They have no history that they or anyone can recall.

4) Goobersnacks use no technology, they hunt by chucking chunks of ice.

-

1) There is no magic on this planet.

2) The planet is a frozen hellhole. The spores of the flaoting mushroom blobs are toxic. The jellyfish are under the ice, out of reach.

3) The planet is the only planet in its system.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

A planet with a sentient race of reptilians that appear to have descended directly from Earth's hadrosaurs who follow a strict religion which has decided that the "distant origins" theory is heresy despite the mounting evidence that their species was transplanted across the galaxy at some point.

flick my Mr. Bean fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Oct 3, 2016

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

how me a frog posted:

[planet discriptions]

I tried to put this into wordeye and this is what it spit out.

They still need to work on that thang.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Earth 1, Earth 2, and Earth 4.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

how me a frog posted:

You guys aren't even following the instructions, you're all loose cannons.

A planet that doesn't tie down its cannons because it doesn't believe in restricting a gun's freedom.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

I tried to put this into wordeye and this is what it spit out.

They still need to work on that thang.

I dunno, if you made the top half purple you'd pretty much be looking at what a Goobersnack sees every moment of its mercifully short waking life.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Planet Jollygood.

It's like Planet Hollywood, but British.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

how me a frog posted:

I dunno, if you made the top half purple..

I tried!! Oh God how I tried!!! Maybe there's a planet out there, wheere my best efforts are good enough. :qq:

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
Planet Yoghurt, where everything is yoghurt.
Can't stay for long though, it really gets to you.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Ork of Fiction posted:

I tried!! Oh God how I tried!!! Maybe there's a planet out there, wheere my best efforts are good enough. :qq:

You're gonna have to make it yourself cause I'm not going through fifteen loving steps (with pictures) again.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:
Safe Place Planet

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Planet exactly like our own in every way.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

sebmojo posted:

Nuke 'em before they nuke us.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

sebmojo posted:

i hate them!

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
It's exactly like our Earth except web forums are more popular than social media

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Beehive planet. One of those big cartoon beehives but the size of a planet. All the bees are normal sized though.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

The planet is mostly dry and desolate save for a handful of lush valleys.

The planet has a weak atmosphere, constantly leeching particles out into space, losing them forever.

The planet has a source of water, deep in its core.

The core water constantly evaporates and escapes out of deep valleys in the crust. These areas are damp and wet from the water escaping.

There is a massive amount of lush vegetation that subsists on the constantly leaking moisture. Much of the moisture is trapped and caught by the vegetation.

Small ice comets strike the planet on a regular basis. These chunks melt and flow into the valleys, replenishing the water in the planet's core.

An intelligent species has built a network of underground tunnels between the valleys, which are hundreds of miles apart.

Travel between the safety of the valleys overland is treacherous as the oxygen content is similar to Everest's death zone. Nothing grows on the overland. Cosmic radiation enters this area freely, unhindered by an atmosphere or any vegetation.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
A planet where it was Adam and Steve and not Adam and Eve.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

A planet where meat is a more energy efficient food source than plants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
a whole planet made out of poo besides a constant ever lasting piss storm that terorrises the fecal seas. heh. i wonder what they would call it?

• Locked thread