Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PyPy
Sep 13, 2004

by vyelkin
I have the HTC One with Beats audio and its a good phone, but it has become pretty slow at basic functions. I am going to factory reset it and hope it is fast again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just found out my dad ordered an iPhone 7 but its back ordered to November haha owned dad u got owned

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

ethanol posted:

I just found out my dad ordered an iPhone 7 but its back ordered to November haha owned dad u got owned

Apple is printing headphone jack templates and inserting them in all current stock so DIY phone owners can ruin their phone and buy more lovely iPhones access the headphone jack.

Woden
May 6, 2006

theperminator posted:

Because we have NVMe flash in phones which is way faster, sdcards are loving slow and people will just buy the worst Chinese ripoff sdcards money can buy then complain that their phone is lovely and laggy

Ok, why doesn't the google phone have an NVMe slot or even an M.2 slot then?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Woden posted:

Ok, why doesn't the google phone have an NVMe slot or even an M.2 slot then?

Because the popularity of Apple has made it acceptable to gently caress over the customer

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Because the popularity of Apple has made it acceptable to gently caress over the customer

Are you ripping your clothes off your body as you scream this

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Keg posted:

Turns out the Nexus 6p isn't a very good phone either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTIaUH6PIvo

You do know that this test is a load of bullshit, right?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Are you ripping your clothes off your body as you scream this

No?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I live in 2016 and I still preorder cell phones because I'm a loving idiot who has no ability to wait for it to come out and find out why it sucks before purchasing. I am the 35%.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Seriously what is the point of preordering if there's no discount or anything

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Smashing all the products in your local Apple store with a rock as you're posting this?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

we are the Funyuns posted:

Smashing all the products in your local Apple store with a rock as you're posting this?

Sounds fun, brb

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Infidel Castro posted:

You do know that this test is a load of bullshit, right?

Well duh

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Quick Draw McGraw posted:

Seriously what is the point of preordering if there's no discount or anything

There's a deal where you get the vr headset free with a preorder. That's $80 right there.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I pre-ordered the Pixel XL. Upgrading from a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Sprint. Excited to ditch both finally.

Dial-a-Dog posted:

How come the pixel doesn't let you use an SD card, I always heard the reason it wasn't a feature on the Nexus was to cut the price but now it costs as much as an iPhone or a Galaxy (which does use SD cards)?

It works out as being alright in the end because the Galaxy has always been a garbage phone, and the iPhone is garbage now too.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Oct 10, 2016

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Are cell carrier clerks still like used car salesmen where they have a pretty large amount of leeway to futz with prices or give you deals if they think it'll close a sale? I tried to do this when I moved to T-Mobile and they wouldn't really budge, so I'm wondering if it's kind of the end of an era. (Basically if a Verizon guy would give me a solid deal I would switch in a heartbeat and get a Pixel)

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Brosnan posted:

Are cell carrier clerks still like used car salesmen where they have a pretty large amount of leeway to futz with prices or give you deals if they think it'll close a sale? I tried to do this when I moved to T-Mobile and they wouldn't really budge, so I'm wondering if it's kind of the end of an era. (Basically if a Verizon guy would give me a solid deal I would switch in a heartbeat and get a Pixel)

No not at all.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
If it's near the end of the month and the rep is really desperate to reach his quota you might be able to talk him into throwing in a gram.

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Tiny Lowtax posted:

No not at all.

this depends entirely on the store. corporate stores arent going to mess around with phone pricing (they cant) but depending on the location, third party stores certainly can. whether or not they WILL is a different story entirely.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I miss tmobile giving upgrade discounts

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
FWIW I meant a good deal on plans, not the phone itself. (I assume they can't do poo poo about the price of a Pixel but I would like to not pay $120 a month or whatever to make it work)

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Brosnan posted:

FWIW I meant a good deal on plans, not the phone itself. (I assume they can't do poo poo about the price of a Pixel but I would like to not pay $120 a month or whatever to make it work)

presumably you can just buy the phone outright and then throw it on any prepaid service for like $40/mo

i mean, no matter what you're going to be buying a phone outright. its very rare that you'll have a cell phone store of any type offer a subsidized phone now. there are SOME phones where a 3rd party vendor ends up getting paid better on a subsidized plan but those are rare and v situational

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
It's here! Freaking 'pic

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs
I'm using a 6p on THE Google Fi network right now. How will this improve my pre-order experience?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
ok google

lick my butt

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's here! Freaking 'pic

lol where'd they get that aesthetic from

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I think it's funny the commercials call it

pixel

phone by google

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
When I play Kings of Tokyo I call the little pieces of currency pixels.

WHere's my goddamned money google?

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Welcome Pixel friend, please join us in the legitimate Pixel thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793768 if you would be so kind as to close this one to minimize confusion in the community.

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Welcome Pixel friend, please join us in the legitimate Pixel thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793768 if you would be so kind as to close this one to minimize confusion in the community.

You should close your thread, you know, so no one's confused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

FedEx Mercury posted:

It's here! Freaking 'pic

Even their packaging wants to be Apple so bad

• Locked thread