Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

if listening to people yammer on for hours on end instead of suffering the silence of my own thoughts makes me a liberal then i am a proud cuck

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
I like the History of Byzantium podcast bc i like history and byzantium and pleasantly smooth english accents and when im ironing or doing other chores im like oooh the opsikion's rebelling again :nono: someone gonna be tied backwards on a mule to his execution for this :allears:

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich

whoflungpoop posted:

I like the History of Byzantium podcast bc i like history and byzantium and pleasantly smooth english accents and when im ironing or doing other chores im like oooh the opsikion's rebelling again :nono: someone gonna be tied backwards on a mule to his execution for this :allears:

Is it getting super LIBERAL?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
i wish ira glass would get super liberal with my d + balls

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

Is it getting super LIBERAL?

Some of the emperors are. Like a few of them wont even execute the leader of the mutiny, they just have their noses cut off and send them to a monastery instead so that the traitors can live long enough to repent their crimes and save their souls, typical pussy lib poo poo

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Watch as I demonstrate how not low my T is by complaining about those super liberal podcasts.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
My Ts hang low from the pot it gives u tits

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
whats the name for podcasts that predates the "lets pretend apple invented everything" phase?
anyway gently caress you BBC journalist Ben Hammersley you dickmouth

gary oldmans diary fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Dec 6, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

gary oldmans diary posted:

whats the name for podcasts that predates the "lets pretend apple invented everything" phase?
anyway gently caress you BBC journalist Ben Hammersley you dickmouth

Radio show

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im gonna go with stream

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
the podcasts

they aere lieberal

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

whoflungpoop posted:

What is Byzantium?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
im not going to read thread but i really hope the majority of posts are making fun of the op

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

The Dennis System posted:

What is Byzantium?

The Roman Empire split into two halves, east and west, in its later stages. The west was centered on Rome and the east on the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, today Istanbul, Turkey. The Eastern Roman Empire persisted after the West collapsed in the 5th century AD, and continued to style itself as the Roman Empire pretty much til they got conquered by the Ottomans in 1453. They called themselves the Roman Empire. It was the center of Eastern Orthodox Christianity for a while. They were heavily influenced by Greek culture.

skeevy achievements
Feb 25, 2008

by merry exmarx

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

What is Byzantium?

a miserable little pile of secrets

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

SHISHKABOB posted:

The Roman Empire split into two halves, east and west, in its later stages. The west was centered on Rome and the east on the city of Byzantium, or Constantinople, today Istanbul, Turkey. The Eastern Roman Empire persisted after the West collapsed in the 5th century AD, and continued to style itself as the Roman Empire pretty much til they got conquered by the Ottomans in 1453. They called themselves the Roman Empire. It was the center of Eastern Orthodox Christianity for a while. They were heavily influenced by Greek culture.

they reconquered most of the western provinces in the 6th century, including the city of Rome itself. they were defiantly real Romans :colbert:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Byzantine / Late Antiquity thread when?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rutibex posted:

they reconquered most of the western provinces in the 6th century, including the city of Rome itself. they were defiantly real Romans :colbert:

Yeah then lost it again right quick lol

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Frosted Flake posted:

Byzantine / Late Antiquity thread when?

post it my man, ill be there with the freshest empress Theodora memes

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

SHISHKABOB posted:

The Roman Empire split into two halves, east and west
sokolov had been developing a new kind of weapon. a "swinging" catapult with accurate rock-strike capability of hundreds of yards

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
the byzantines are calling it "wooden gear"

wooden gear?

yes. snake we need you to destroy the wooden gear and extract sokolov

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Travel downriver, scale the aqueduct and get to that research facility, Snake.

The aqueduct?

Yes snake, it's an intricate stone structure used to distribute water throughout the city. It'll be perfect for accessing the Inquisitorium where, according to our contact, Sokolov is being held.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Arrhythmia posted:

i wish ira glass would get super liberal with my d + balls

same but Kai Ryssdal.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What is Byzantium?

It's the metal they made Wolverines skeleton out of.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

I actually stopped listening Greg Proops podcast in the months leading up to the election because he was being a dick about supporting Hillary instead of Sanders on the grounds that he felt all Sanders supporters were misogynists. So, uh, yeah that's a pretty liberal thing to do- infight needlessly over matters of party/ideological purity.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
I was listening to this podcast and out of nowhere it was like "seize the means of production" and I did a double take and tried to rewind it so I could verify I heard such unsolicited liberality but I couldn't find it. Liberal conspiracy?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
all the brainwash podcasts i have posted that are just liberal propaganda backwards have very few listens :confused:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

Happy Xmas season, fellow Goons, and Hail Satan! Just a quick question:

Lately I have been thinking that the best Xmas present I could give my friends and family this year is a little "detox" of all that Christianity that has crept into their systems over the years. Here's what I am thinking:

I have this podcast I'm gonna share on their Facebooks, it's pretty unbiased so I think it can draw some people in, it's about the historicity of Yeshua ben Yosef (aka "Jesus Christ") and what I want to do is put a bunch of Satanist verses in there, but subaudible. Does anybody know how to go about doing this? I have Garageband but I don't know much about it.

Thanks for any help. Spread the "good word" this holiday season! Mwah ha ha ha ha...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Man I really want an ancient rome metal gear solid now, drat.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

call up the gusy who make asasin's creed and metal gear tel them to hack something together easy peezy

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Guy Goodbody posted:

I listen to a medical history podcast and the episode that came after the election they were like, "sorry this is late, but everything is terrible and we can't make jokes" and I was like, you guys do a podcast about people eating mummies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnDlKn3XJNo

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Try My Favorite Murder, it's the least liberal podcast. Liberals support woman rights and that show all they talk about is murdering women.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Podcast? More like cast... the pod.... of liberal lies into the trash!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i like to listen to conservative podcasts and drink whiskey. my way of life is blowing away with the wind

just kidding youtube exists, loving mongoloids

• Locked thread