Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

The Thing except with women and it's a comedy.

Do it low budget in a chic metropolitan loft and it's a metaphor for having a period.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

Sheen Sheen posted:

No, I didn't see it either, and I, along with the rest of the world, forgot about it til you started crying about it

you seem really upset are you going to be ok

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The Stuff, only it's all women and the titular Stuff is semen.

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002

A Sobbing Dipshit posted:

No :qq:
No :qq:

You're the :qq:

I'm more concerned about you, friendo

Please, the fact that no one liked Ghostbusters 2016 is no reason to kill yourself

You have so much to live forpffffffhahahahahahaha

naem
May 29, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

Spy movies died the same death as westerns. They are played the gently caress out.

Speaking of westerns, remember when they decided to remake The Lone Ranger and instead of doing the smart thing and casting a black dude to play the lone ranger (since the actual dude that the character was based on was a for real black fella,) they decided to make the movie all about Johnny Depp playing Tonto in his normal fuckwit fashion. How much money did that one lose again?

They could have made a really clever movie where the hero is a native guy who has to put up with a bumbling small town sheriff to save the day, told from his perspective.

Instead we got fat Johnny depp with a bird on his head

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Sheen Sheen posted:

I'm more concerned about you, friendo

Please, the fact that no one liked Ghostbusters 2016 is no reason to kill yourself

You have so much to live forpffffffhahahahahahaha

:eyepop: nice meltdown

Sheen Sheen
Nov 18, 2002
As an aside from the above crybaby threadshitter, is there an all-girl version of Lord of the Flies (not technically a movie, I know)? I feel like that might be interesting

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

A misanthrope posted:

if you care what gender or race a fictional character is you should probably throw yourself off a building imo

edit: I, a misanthrope, think tenspott should kill himself ASAP. bring on the probation.

nice meltdown :eyepop: :eyepop: :eyepop:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Sheen Sheen posted:

As an aside from the above crybaby threadshitter, is there an all-girl version of Lord of the Flies (not technically a movie, I know)? I feel like that might be interesting

Most reality shows involving women.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Face/Off: Lena Headey, Gillian Anderson and/or Michelle Yeoh.

Make it all three. Michelle Yeoh is a Chinese agent trying to take down a European terrorist (Anderson) who succeeds in changing identities with them, only to have Headey come in with the same plan and steal Anderson's face from Yeoh.

JediTalentAgent fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 5, 2017

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

if wanting people to kill themselves is a meltdown tgen i am chernobyl

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

A misanthrope posted:

i dont care. i didnt even see it. i just think its funny you got mad about it.

You got bullied in high school by the anime club didn't you

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Nigmaetcetera posted:

The Stuff, only it's all women and the titular Stuff is semen.

The Good Stuff :smugdog:

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

NutritiousSnack posted:

You got bullied in high school by the anime club didn't you

no did you

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

A misanthrope posted:

if wanting people to kill themselves is a meltdown tgen i am chernobyl

Don't waorry man, high school seems like forever I know

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

All your posts here are literally about being mad at internet nerds.

Also obviously all gender remakes are dumb, as it's already taking a gimmick and making it more tired (though in and of itself either or in a blue moon can be fine), a mostly genderflipped version of Citizen Kane or film about powerful, great men imploding to megalomania would be great and relevant now.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Don't be mean to :catdrugs:

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
poo poo's poppin' off in here.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

myDad posted:

Don't be mean to :catdrugs:

:hfive: thnks buddy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

what is good stuff to read with the female version of conan, red sonja?

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015
You're so desperate for this to turn into a misogny mock thread and it's clearly not that. You look stupid as gently caress.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

NutritiousSnack posted:

All your posts here are literally about being mad at internet nerds.

Also obviously all gender remakes are dumb, as it's already taking a gimmick and making it more tired (though in and of itself either or in a blue moon can be fine), a mostly genderflipped version of Citizen Kane or film about powerful, great men imploding to megalomania would be great and relevant now.

"I don't care I'm not mad!"

* Every other post in this thread is a misanthrope post, each slightly more serious and closer to meltdown than the last*

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Y'all stop fighting & think of more funny remakes

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

myDad posted:

Y'all stop fighting & think of more funny remakes

A misanthrope posts, but done by a non meltdown-y poster?

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

SpaghetioSexNoises posted:

You're so desperate for this to turn into a misogny mock thread and it's clearly not that. You look stupid as gently caress.

you sure are reading a lot into my posts. what is bothering you friend

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

wow i mention Ghostbusters and a bunch of goons start melting down. makes me think im on to something. why dont you guys tell me more about those mean ol sjws

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

A misanthrope posted:

wow i mention Ghostbusters and a bunch of goons start melting down. makes me think im on to something. why dont you guys tell me more about those mean ol sjws

The only one melting down is you, man.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
A Serious Woman featuring Rashida Jones as an English professor

breaklaw
May 12, 2008

A misanthrope posted:

lol we must fight meltdowns with meltdowns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
BSG but baltar is the hot woman and the seducing cylon specter is baltar

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
gender swapped Seven Psychopaths

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
How about Reservoir Dogs? Which actress would play Mr. Blonde?

GuitarJunkie
Sep 8, 2004

"Boy, have we got a vacation for you."

Bogus Adventure posted:

How about Reservoir Dogs? Which actress would play Mr. Blonde?

It's gotta have Charlize Theron as Mr Blonde and Kaitlin Olson as Mr Pink

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What if you did an all female cast, but you made them up to still play the male characters as males?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What if you did an all female cast, but you made them up to still play the male characters as males?

i gender bend roles a lot in order to get more hot girls around. hth OP and its an easy way to give female characters some agency. simple.

SpaghetioSexNoises
Aug 16, 2015

Smythe posted:

i gender bend roles a lot in order to get more hot girls around. hth OP and its an easy way to give female characters some agency. simple.

Haha producers want to bang hot women and put out mediocre entertainment, Hollywood is so cool.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
If you find yourself defending the Ghostbusters reboot for any reason whatsoever you really need to see a therapist.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
There was a Japanese movie that had a hook of something like that. Let me try to dig up the title...

Summer Vacation 1999.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Vacation_1999
The film had female actresses playing the roles of gay male teenagers and then they dubbed over their voices with male actors.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Freddi Got Fingered

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

I would watch the hell out of a fe-make of No Holds Barred, just as long as Kurt Fuller reprises his role.

• Locked thread