Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

She briefly but intently considers the glass of beer. As someone who shoots at people for a living, Full Stop is keenly aware that guns and alcohol don’t mix – but on the other hand, her immediate future no longer looks like it’ll involve any gunfire, and surely a troll won’t be adversely affected by a little beer? It’s on account of these considerations that she decides to have both a seat and the drink after all. (Plus the locals would no doubt disapprove were she to spurn the freely offered beer, and while she still isn’t completely sure what to think of them, there is really no need to be getting off on the wrong foot with them either.)

And so Veronika finds herself sitting at the bar, not ungrateful for a few minutes of downtime. Casually examining the interior of the roadhouse as she sips her beer, her eyes soon light on a poster on the wall. Or, rather, an ignoramus would consider it merely a poster. To a connoisseur like herself, though, it’s closer to a sign, an omen, an almost religious artefact, a…

Well, it intrigues the heck out of her, mildly put. Which is why Full Stop, when there’s a lull in the conversation between Johnno and her companions, slides a little closer and does her best to get his attention. “Um. Ah. Excuse me?” she says, appearing only a little awkward for a troll armed and armoured to the gills. “That, um, the Miley Kinogre poster there. When did you put it up? It looks new to me.” A pause. “Which is to say, not literally new, but I haven’t seen that particular poster before.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The atmosphere, though still undeniably rough and rowdy as drat near everything in Australia tends to be, was clearly trending towards friendly. Beer is flowing freely, weapons are not being fired at anybody, and laughs are being had.

The Australian roughnecks are loving the story as Monster tells it. "He didn't even bribe the bloody border!?" Johnno laughs, slapping his knee. "What was that oval office expectin'! Bloody hell, he was fair dinkum set on screwin' you lot. I don't even wanna know how uses fell over the state line!" His laughter turns into small coughing fit, his set of dust and sand riddled lungs not up to the task. "If you get t'see him again, give him a kickin' from us, yeah?" Johnno courteously requests, to a round of cheers and here here-ing from his mates around the roadhouse.

A round of drinks later…

"That one?" Johnno nods towards the said poster, umming and ahhing for a little bit to himself. Buying time while he tried to remember, or genuinely just a bit too drunk to really place a date to a face. "Crikey, when was that? Couple weeks, hey?" He turns and puts to his trusted consigliere; that dwarf what drove the truck away before. The drinking had been going on for more than long enough for the dwarf to have made his way back in.

"Hmm." He studies the poster for a good long while himself. "Yeah. Dunno exactly. Not too long, but." He insists. "Any poo poo on the walls too long gets covered with beer an' blood and soaked through. You can still see what's on that one. Must be fairly new." A simple self-satisfied nod concludes his investigation.

A pint glass goes flying through the air and smashes into one of the posters on the wall. "Miley bloody Kinogre!" A boorish ork with what looked like half a face missing bellows from somewhere deep within the peanut gallery. "Too big for her bloody boots, her!" Another voice cries out. "Yeah! And she's got bloody big feet to start with!" A third yells, causing a round of laughs from the crowd. No doubt the locals disapproved of how Kinogre went off and toured the world as soon as she got big enough to break into global Trid Entertainment biz. It was an argument Veronika had read over and over again online. Ozzies were a fiercely parochial bunch.

Many rounds of drinks later…

One of Johnno's mates, a very fat elf with a mullet, laughs when Monster asks about who has the spare vehicles around this part of town. "People who don't have cars out here are already bloody dead, mate!" He fills Monster in, chuckling and dribbling spit down his chin all the while. "If they're not sunstroke'd then the fucken snakes eat 'em alive before long." Nobody even ventures to correct the elf. So yes, there were snakes big enough to eat whole people just out in the sands here.

"Nah, nah, nah." Johnno waves emphatically, beer sloshing all over. "Youse have all been stuffed around enough already, no way can I jus' send you lot out to grab some cunts car." He insists. "Sure I got work and engines and poo poo out me arse, but nah. Nah!" He insists, the local rules of hospitality being no small thing to ignore. "Tell you what."

The man in charge points out the front door. "Gimmie those drones that sheila's been cleaning up out in the car park, and I'll toss you the keys t' one of me motors. Won't stiff ya or nothing, fair dinkum XB soft-top with a V8 dropped in the bonnet." Johnno offers, spouting off some local pigdin that was hard to follow. While there was only the one other truck out the front, who know what this local man of importance had around the back. It was space enough to comfortably take the truck and cows, at the least. "Hell! I'll even give ya some cash too. Owe you anyways for finally gettin' me cows back."

From how much of a rundown shithouse down to earth and authentic place the roadhouse seemed to be, there was no telling exactly how much 'some cash' might even be.

give up drones for car and cash? or do a job that'll almost certainly leave you covered in blood!

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Jinx
Edge: 2/2 PP: 3/3+1

Jinx doesn't venture an opinion on the offer - they're not her drones to sell, even if someone did recklessly endanger the entire team to acquire them - but she doesn't make any dumb faces when the offer comes up.

I am pro-selling the drones.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster
EDG: 2/3 PP: 2/5

Monster has to set her glass down with both hands to prevent spilling it. Her head lulls as she looks at Johnno. "Ffffffffuck those drones, take 'em. Show me what you got out there first, actually, and - " The moment she hops down out of her barstool, Monster falls over. Alcohol tolerance only gets you so far when the average patron has four times the body mass on you. She springs back up to her feet. "gently caress it, I can probably fix it if there's a problem. Let's take a look."

Gonna sell the drones unless someone stops me.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“We will be having a nice little chat with that man for sure if we ever see him again,” she readily agrees. It had been one thing for the ork to ogle her – they are not a very subtle people here in Australia, is the impression she has been getting – but this whole business with the explosive cow and everything? One has to draw the line somewhere, and being made the unknowing transporters of a drat bomb is a very good place for drawing it indeed.

The locals’ opinion of Miley is…well, it’s not a surprise as such. Goodness knows Veronika got into more than one argument about it on-line in the past, though she always came down firmly on the “more exposure is a good thing” side of the debate. Misguided localism aside, after all, what use is it to try to claim an artist for yourself? Does not an interconnected world like this one virtually require such cultural goods to be shared by all? Still, Veronika knows better than to raise that point right now. It’s hardly the time and place to be getting into a discussion like that, especially with such outspoken locals. And as they say back home: Andere Länder, andere Sitten.*

The troll listens with a polite expression in spite of having a hard time following Johnno’s thick Australian slang. She has been doing her best not to put away too many beers, attempting to strike that fine balance between being personable and not turning down too many drinks, but even so she does feel a bit of a buzz coming on – hopefully there won’t be any firefights in the immediate future. Still, her mental faculties remain more than functional enough to think about the offer made and offer her considered opinion on it. “Sounds good,” Full Stop says. “I am not very sure what we would do with the drones otherwise, anyway, and we do need a car.” She thoughtfully sips her beer, then gives Johnno a shrewd look. “Throw in that poster,” she tells him, nodding at the new and relatively unblemished one, “and we have a deal.”

* “Different countries [have] different customs.”

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
pretty hard bargaining so far! But does say, Jo have anything to say about her drones here????

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

It's been a good time out in the parking lot, working drones. Good times being relative to ones tastes - Joanna, for instance, has a taste for it. It's not so much that she's a tech-head as it is that she likes having new toys, and these drones are absolutely new toys. She's been cleaning them, tearing into the internals of one, getting a a good look at what might be in them. They're not precisely the kind of thing she'd use in her work, but enough creativity can find the use for anything.

It's a disheveled, sweaty Joanna who ambles into the bar sometime later, making for a beer. She passes her crew and casts them a look, then returns more quickly, holding a ridiculously huge beer mug.

"Sell the drones?" she asks, locking eyes with Johnno. She gulp s at her drink, almost losing her face in it. "Gonna want to see that V8 first."

Ugggggggh life. I live! Mostly!

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
While waiting for Axe-Man to register a post, let us assume that in good faith Johnno has one of his blokes bring the car out front for you guys to take a look at.

It's legit, not a lemon as far as any checks can tell. Solid engine, all analog, enough seats to squeeze everybody in, no boot space, and built to survive anything the desert can throw at it. Licenses are all scrubbed clean and good to go, not wanted or poorly made forgeries or nothing.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx appraises the car, to the best of her ability, which isn't much.

"It's a...hmm. Sorry. I'm not very good at Australian, but I'm sure there's some kind of term involving gentials or critters that means 'this is a good car.'"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

If there was any response to Jinx's query, it's drowned out by the roaring of the car's engine. A faint cry of joy can be heard from Monster, whose head barely peeks up out of the open windows. She proceeds to do donuts in the abandoned dusty field beside the station.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

Veronika makes sure to stand well back while Monster takes their new car for a (literal) spin. Or two. She both understands the appeal behind it and doesn’t – the troll is a gearhead in the most general sense, but cars and other vehicles never really caught her interest. So, making it go noisily in circles? Eh. Different strokes for different folks, she supposes. Of course, if the car were a firearm or even some sort of unusual explosive she’d be all over it. Taking a few potshots at some targets no one would miss, probably.

But it’s not, so she can’t. “At least somebody is having fun,” Full Stop instead remarks to Jinx, watching Monster’s vehicular shenanigans with crossed arms and a slightly bored expression on her face.

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

Joanna knows a few things about cars, and circles it, literally kicking the tires a couple times, and rapping on the rear quarter-panel with her knuckles. "Monster likes it," she says, and shrugs faintly. "It'll be cramped, but......"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
"It's the fuckin' guts." A helpful local volunteers, assisting Jinx with the terminology. As much as it seemed like a playful prank a local would pull on an unknowing visitor, telling them a silly word that didn't actually mean what they said it did, none of the assembled Australians react at all. It was just some colourful local slang, the kind of stuff that no outsiders like them will ever actually learn or fully understand. No doubt it would come in ultra handy later on.

With everybody agreed that it was a good car and a good enough trade given the circumstances, the foreigners all pile into the local automotive monstrosity even though there is little room to move after all their bulk plus equipment is jammed in. The extra weight puts some strain on the suspension, but it doesn't seem to phase the engine as much. It roars into life sounding not dissimilar to a badly tuned jet engine, and leaves a terrible plume of exhaust and gravel behind as the tyres struggle to put the enormous torque onto the road.

And in just a couple hours, the shining cityscape of metropolitan Perth shows itself. While not as dense, built up, smog choked or neon as some more familiar cities back home it is undeniably more modern than the whole rest of the country so far. It bodes well for things like buying supplies, getting more work, logging on to the matrix, hiding out in a place with a population density worth mentioning.

Being the generous kinda guy he was, Johnno even dipped into his considerable network of ne'er-do-well's to hook his new foreign friends up with an out of the way garage to stay in for a little while. It was in some degree of industrial area that was a little less bright and shiny than the the rest of the city, but still miles more civilised than the desert. Fully furnished with at least one couch and a fridge, of course half full of beer, it was perfect for the outlanders to gather their thoughts and plan whats next. If they wanted to get some local work, it could be somewhere to work out of in the short term. If they wanted to drive back across the entire country to murder some cow pranking piece of poo poo then it would serve them well for that too. And all possibilities in-between!

Sorry for the huge delay. I got no real excuse, had migraines and pretty bad nausea/vomiting and other health stuff in the way but really it boiled down to not giving the game the attention it really needs. My bad on that, totally.

Time to party hard and get your arses to Perth! Population is not too dense but moreso than the bush. For an idea on the general Perth cityscape look/feel, think these https://www.theguardian.com/cities/gallery/2018/jul/13/toward-a-concrete-utopia-yugoslavian-architecture-in-pictures

On the way, it's also end of mission level up reward time! Upgrade and plan stuff to do, or I can drop stuff on you it's all good.

You get karma for completing the cow contract! It might not have been completed for the original guy, but it was completed for somebody! Take 15 karma for all of that!

You get karma from the GM for posting! Everybody still active and posting as a reward gets 7 extra added on to that!

Use them karmas and upgrade your shits! Absolutely nothing is off limits. If it requires a local fixer or gun merchant to get you restricted equipment or similar then we can work that out too.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

Settling onto the sofa in the group’s new centre of operations, Full Stop pops open a can of beer and leans lazily back. She’s glad simply to have some space again; the vehicle Johnno so kindly furnished them with seems to run well enough, but the ride from the roadhouse to Perth was cramped as hell all the same with so many people crammed into it, and two of them of larger-than-usual stature no less.

She sits in silence for a while, sipping her beer, before clearing her throat and addressing the metaphorical elephant in the room. “So. What do we do next?” the troll asks as she looks at the others. “I will admit I would not mind giving the fellow who set us up with the bomb a stern talking-to. But perhaps after the business at the checkpoint, we should not be headed back that way for a while.” She thoughtfully studies the can of beer in her hand. “We all have certain skills. There is probably something we could find to do here in Perth. Something that pays. Yes?”

Uhh yeah, I’ll have to look into what to spend all that karma on at some point!

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

On the other side of the couch, Monster finishes her first beer and tosses the empty can over her shoulder. She sinks further into the cushions, continuing to admire the big beautiful vehicle parked in front of them in the open garage.

"Oh, I'm sure there's something. I just wouldn't know where to look. I mean, I don't think this place is that wild that we can just go coldcalling people about who they need shot." She makes a pitiful grabbing gesture in the direction of the fridge, but gives up when considering the long trek away from the comfy couch. "They have poachers and stuff here, right? Or scrappers? We could try calling about semi-legit security work. I doubt there's a big company here like KE here to do that stuff. What do you think about that?"

I also don't even know how to spend karma here so I'll get back to you on those upgrades.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx picks up Monster's can and drops it into a recycling bin, which is already perilously full of empties. She stands next to the couch as a courtesy, as she cools back down from a workout.

"They've gotta have some kind of high society here," she says, dabbing at her face with a towel. "Let's steal something from rich people."

I did my upgrades, and they're in my sheet in my first post. It's pretty much just skill upgrades.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"Yeah, sure. That's fine. Where do we start?" Monster closes her eyes, falling prey to the cozy couch. "Find some club of people we really hate? Pretend we're fighting for the environment or something?"

---
ok karma spent as follows:
Custom Gun Drone 1 -> 3 (2k)
New Amp: Fly Spies (2 drones) (Amp Level 3) (3k)

Sorcery 2 -> 4 (7k)
Piloting (Ground) 2 -> 3 (3k)
Vehicle Weapons 1 -> 3 (5k)

pocketing 2 karma

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

Jinx considers this question for a few moments. She goes to a window facing the street and leans out. A local child is crouching near the road, and appears to be eating what is either a large crustacean or an insect completely raw.

"Excuse me," she shouts. "Who's the richest person in Perth?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
The kid looks up at Jinx, large pincers limply flopping from his mouth. "Ooh! Owwh! I kwnow!" He spits out, the sea insect mushing in his mouth and drool dripping all over the footpath. "Ginia Rinehart! Did I get it right!?"

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster
EDG: 3/3 PP: 5/5

"Yeah, you got it right." She hucks a can of beer out to the kid. "Here's your prize."

She turns around, immediately starting a matrix search on the woman. "And what, we just smash and grab some of her stuff? Where can we even fence things here?"

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Like a professional, the kid grab the thrown tinny with one hand. "Wow! Fanks mister!" The kid shouts back, quickly scurrying away across the road.

The matrix search dumps mostly news articles on Monster. This Rinehart is something of a high flying socialite, splashing money all over town and for various charities and causes. Save the kangaroo. Save the platypus. Save the quokka. Regular donations to the border force helps keep Perth at the cutting edge and the rest of the country at bay. Several municipal buildings have her name on it, and most of the city council are 'good friends' with her.

In slightly less glowing reports, she has a great deal of family drama that has spilt out into the gossip rags. Brothers and sisters suing for money. Parents dying in a freak accident. Several of her mining interests being months behind schedule due to 'unforeseen reptilian activity' around them. The fact one of her more recent acquisitions was the county's largest insurance and emergency medical corps purely to provide support to her workforce in said mines.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

"Thank you! Be careful around traffic, now!"

Jinx draws herself back into the hideout and starts shoulder-surfing Monster.

"You should really rob more rich people. A lot of them keep local storage-only copies of their financials, so they don't get hacked, so you can dump their accounts and portfolios. Even if you can't jack that, or you can't grab anything you can fence, you can always pawn something expensive off on their insurers and say you were hired to steal whatever it was for a cut of the payout - most of them do whistleblower rewards plus amnesty. Plain ol' blackmail works, too."

She reaches out and taps the screen, indicating the part of Rinehart's mine holdings. "Plus, the rich tend to be awful people, so it all works out nicely."

The elf flops down onto the couch, which only does not rocket into the air because of Full Stop acting as a counterweight.

"Or we can set up a protection racket mercenary company, your idea is good too. I'm up for, y'know, whatever."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Pictured: two hardened criminals gathering intelligence for their next felonious act.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Fantastic! loving love it

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

Monster lingers on the details of the mines and the conspiracy theories in the comments. "Ugh." She crosses her arms, parking herself in front of her two significantly larger compatriots. "I don't feel like stealing. I don't think we're really well equipped for that sort of thing, and our ride - " A wave to their rally car monstrosity. " - isn't really made for that either. Maybe if we..."

"Wait, why am I making the decisions? I don't want that! Full Stop, you pick what we're doing."

Monster looks like the grinch, it's :perfect:

Atlatl fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 23, 2018

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna
EDG: ??? PP: ???

Ugh, that ride into Perth was *cramped*. Joanna worried she'd knock herself out with her own knee when they went over bumps. As soon as they got to the safe house, Joanna bolted to the bathroom, now finally emerging with damp hair and wearing a fluffy, comfortable-looking (if somewhat stained) bathrobe she found. She heads straight for the fridge and pulls out a beer.

"Eh, no rush to go skip the country," she says, plopping on the couch between Monster and Full Stop. She takes a long drag from her beer, then snorts and half-chokes at Monster's suggestion. "Semi-legit? Might as well go into cold storage," she says, shaking her head. A grin and a finger-point to Jinx. "That's more my style. Anything that lets me climb through ducts or wear a sweet sweet gown. Preferably both!" she declares. By now she's already finished her beer, and pops from the couch to head back to the kitchenette.

The bottle gets dropped in the trash, then she crouches down and starts searching through cabinets for something. As she discussion goes on, Jinx gets a raised fist and a declaration of "EAT THE RICH!" from Jo.

"drat it," she says when she straightens up. "Who doesn't keep metal polish in the house?" A deep sigh. "So, what have you learned, Monster? We going to do the long-lost cousin bit on this Rinehart lady?"

Welcome back, Robo! Need to figure out what to spend Karma on, unless you want to surprise me.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"We're not doing long-lost cousin!" She stomps her foot. "Usual bougie gently caress. Owns mines, killed her parents, grinds her workers into dust, got a good PR campaign. Nothing too weird except for the lizard attacks at the mines."

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“As you’re asking me my opinion,” Full Stop says, “I think we should learn the lay of the land a little better before we start outright stealing from people and what not. There are any number of ways things can go sideways if we don’t really know who is who.” She lets out a measured, indeed downright dainty belch. “What was that about unforeseen reptilian activity again? I like the sound of that. It is the sound of things in need of shooting,” she says, and adds wistfully, “I haven’t gotten to shoot anything here yet.”

It’s me, I’m the party pooper.

Edit: karma stuff!

Athletics 0 -> 1 (cost 2)
Demolitions 3 -> 4 (cost 4)
Engineering 3 -> 4 (cost 4)
Willpower 5 -> 6 (cost 12)

MMAgCh fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Aug 27, 2018

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"Fine! We just go seek legitimate employment as giant venomous whatever Aussie lizard exterminators and keep our options open for turning into insider threats when the opportunity opens up. Or they don't hire us and we at least scouted the company out. Bonus points because the only thing Joanna can steal at a mine is dirt. Easy."

She nods satisfactorily, then suddenly throws her hat to the ground. "Wait, why am I making the decision! I don't want to make the decisions!"

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Full Stop
1 Edg, 3 PP

“Let’s vote on it. Everybody in favour of doing all of that, raise your hand,” Veronika announces, and raises her hand.

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

Monster crosses her arms, spitefully refusing to vote for her own idea. It's difficult to determine whether she's pouting or frowning.

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
As she sulks, Monster gets a spiky tingle on the back of her neck. Or maybe in the back of her head. Somewhere around there. It was a feeling she knew well. The sense that her mentor spirit was keeping on eye on her. Snakes were perhaps the main predator of the quokka, so it clearly approved of the plan to impersonate lizard exterminators. But throwing this temper tantrum like a tiny child? Caring so much over something silly like this? That wasn't like the Quokka at all.

Abstentions are for the weak! Couple more votes needed here I think! And also, PS, gimmie your karma buy updates and stuff!

Prompted by another thread a bit, but would there be any major objections if we kinda sorta did away with the Shadowrun Anarchy 'every player narrates in turn' system and pivot around to a more conventional 'play as if this is around a table talk and action at will' style? Mechanically I don't foresee this affecting much, but I'm totally open to suggestions and discussion if anybody them.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

"Well, if we're not going to actively steal from someone who can afford it, I'm up for the big game hunting idea," Jinx says. "Provided I get to fist-fight something dangerous."

I approve of disposing of the turns. But I do protest your ruthless, unjustified railroading of our game, you unconscionable monster. :v:

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

Feeling the disapproving gaze of Quokka, Monster looks over her shoulder and sighs. "Alright, alright," she says, raising her hand with Full Stop. "We can do my thing. Just make sure you tell me what you're fist fighting, because last time I checked, flamethrowers and fists are normally mutually exclusive ways of doing violence."

down with turns, no gods no masters

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

Joanna presses her lips together and leans forward, pondering that. "Hey, works for me too," she says, and then adds, half under her breath, "I just like gowns."

"I guess, sure," Joanna agrees, along with Monster. "Let's pick up some quick jobs, scope things out, get the angles on stuff and then we'll go for the fun."

I just used No Gods No Masters in a whole separate realm. Get out of my head!

Karma 22, spending all 22
Athletics 2 -> 4, Cost 7
Con 1 -> 3, Cost 5
Hacking 1 -> 3, Cost 5
Stealth 4 -> 5, Cost 5

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Sep 11, 2018

Robodog
Oct 22, 2004

...how does that work?
Under the watchful, approving eye of the Quokka, the decision on the con is made. Johnno assured the group that the safe house wouldn't be in use for a couple weeks, so they had time to pop out to the middle of the desert to steal rocks and fight massive reptiles without anybody moving into their crib in the meanwhile. After fuelling up the car with one of the jerry cans strewn about the place, and getting a few bits from around town, everybody gears up and piles in and hits the road.

Being massively well know, famous or infamous, means that the way to the mine site is well signposted. Beyond that it even has its own dedicated highway, though most of the time along it is spent weaving between massive roadtrains hauling dirt out and machines in. Joanna is strapped down securely to prevent her from trying to steal any of them. Or any of the dirt for good measure. Along with the roadtrains were many, many armed guards and official looking Perth police. Every one to an ork looked jumpy as hell.

If you need equipment or anything, assume you got it on the way out and just mark it down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Professional big game hunters from out of town?"

The mine site guard doesn't look impressed by the cover story, even though all the forged documentation was on point. He peers down at Monster, disbelieving that such a munchkin was capable of inflicting any damage at all against the monsters of nature Oz regularly threw at everybody. But then his eyes wander past the tiny Halloweener and drift towards Jinx and Full Stop. Both who seem built enough to wrangle MegaCrocs with one arm tied behind their backs, before even taking their weapons into the equation. That seems to sway the man.

"Okay, okay." He sighs, mashing a button that lift up the gate arm. "Make sure you get your clearance pass stamped by head office before you leave, or else you can't get poo poo for bounty." He explains, putting a hand up before the tiny critter or literal giants could complain. "Site rules, no use bitching to me 'bout it. Gotta have that plus the heads as proof or else you get sweet gently caress all."

The guard waves somewhere behind him. "Seismic monitoring say something's getting riled up by the new pit dig on the north side of the site. Go set up shop there, I reckon. Probably just giant earthworms again, but." He guess and shrugs, waking past the 'hunters' in their car to go onto the massive truck just starting to pull in behind them.

You're all there! If anybody got rolls they wanna make or poo poo, time's now.

Robodog fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 23, 2018

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

Monster examines the pass in her hand, briefly wondering how she would bring in a giant earthworm head, or even which part really qualified as the head. Couldn't be too careful around these corporate types. Good thing she had the monofilament chainsaw with her, too. "Sounds good," she says, waving to the guy before turning to her fellow bounty hunters. "I vote we go get our passes stamped first, just so they can't pretend to lock up on us or something. Or if they do, at least we haven't wasted any bullets and fuel yet."

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Jinx

"You gotta follow site rules or you don't get paid," Jinx says. She's actually frowning at a team mate, which is weird. "Union regs and insurance. And you need a hardhat, unless you got bone lacing while I wasn't looking."

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Joanna

"Hey, next time buy me a drink first, okay," Joanna says, squirming against her bindings.

"Worms?" Joanna says with a tone of disappointment. They likely won't have anything cool to take once their dead. "Bleck." With enough time, she finally wiggles free herself, leaning forward. "Think they have heavy equipment we can borrow? I've never gotten to kill something with a back hoe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlatl
Jan 2, 2008

Art thou doubting
your best bro?
Monster

"I'm sure there's something, though I imagine most of it's limited to rigger controls." She starts driving down the dusty road, following AR signage towards the drive-through style front office constructed from recycled shipping containers. Most of the gear they pass shows considerable rust and wear, as well as traditional control cabins occupied by various dirty-looking people. "Orrrr maybe not. Might be too cheap for that. Here's to hoping, though."

She pulls up to the window after the driver in the forklift ahead of them departs, but unfortunately the bulletproof glass and tray sit high above the low-slung rally car. Monster reaches up but gives up immediately, instead opting to hand her pass to one of the larger occupants who might have a better vantage point.

"Hey, can we get these stamped?" She shouts up to the window. "We're here to pull site security. Hey! Can you hear me?" She taps Jinx's leg. "One of you bigs talk to them."