Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

EimiYoshikawa posted:

The interesting thing is that while their primary hunting methodology is ambush hunting, luring prey in (or waiting for it pass by), then striking with blinding speed and power (and it's just the alligator snappers that have the wiggly-worm-mimicking tongues they use to lure prey in, non-alligator snappers don't), they also go out and seek immobile prey like plants, snails, clams and freshwater sponges. So it's not just motion-based like some animals do, and, obviously, they aren't even pure carnivores, they're technically omnivores, they just like meat a lot more.

As horrible as they are, they're also pretty fascinating, too, obviously, even to non-psychopaths (I think...).

oh yeah, reptiles are fascinating. my gf got me into them, plus they are pretty easy pets. i am probably gonna try to buy a snake(probably a kenyan sand boa) and or a bearded dragon after a graduate. plus they have weird little personalities(sorta)

Flyball posted:

Psychopathy. I'll bet he's done much worse in private.

he is probably a voraphile or some hosed up poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wit
Jul 26, 2011
In fairness have you any idea how LONG the taxpayer would be paying to imprison a turtle for life?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blast of Confetti posted:

do you guys not know how we deal with invasive species in the us because we don't ship the animal off to where it's supposed to be

the turtle eating a dog didn't have anything to do with this lol

the us has a cubic shitload of invasive species and there's no good way of getting rid of most of them. recently i learned that florida has a friggin' boa constrictor infestation.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the us has a cubic shitload of invasive species and there's no good way of getting rid of most of them. recently i learned that florida has a friggin' boa constrictor infestation.

You boa con-strictin’ me!

AKZ
Nov 5, 2009

Snapping turtles are metal as gently caress. I used to live next to the Mississippi and every once in a while we would have to herd one off the road so it wouldn't get hit by a car.

Those things get big, too. The biggest one I saw had a shell the size of a manhole cover and could strike halfway back along is shell. Mean rear end dino turtles ain't nothing to gently caress with.

That science teacher sounds like a dick, though.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan
I think I would have fed the teacher to the turtle first.

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Nature isn't humane why should science be?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

Kazak posted:

Nature isn't humane why should science be?

Killing things for no reason isn't science, it's sociopathy (or psychopathy, I guess).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

BLARGHLE posted:

Killing things for no reason isn't science, it's sociopathy (or psychopathy, I guess).

How about to feed a pet. And dispose of a deformed animal that will die soon?

naem
May 29, 2011

Bombadilillo posted:

How about to feed a pet. And dispose of a deformed animal that will die soon?

You've convinced me

Turtle pits for everyone

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

naem posted:

You've convinced me

Turtle pits for everyone

Or just lame meat

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Or ya know, if you are dead set on feeding a goddamn puppy to a turtle (because that’s super normal to begin with) how about killing it humanely and throwing the body in there, instead of making sure an animal that already drew a short straw in life gets the most brutal death imaginable? And maybe don’t do it in front of a group of kids.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

veni veni veni posted:

Or ya know, if you are dead set on feeding a goddamn puppy to a turtle (because that’s super normal to begin with) how about killing it humanely and throwing the body in there, instead of making sure an animal that already drew a short straw in life gets the most brutal death imaginable? And maybe don’t do it in front of a group of kids.

This is the answer. Kill the poor thing humanely first. Don't feed it to another animal live, for crying out loud. It is going to die anyway, but why should it have to suffer?

I'm far from being an animal rights activist, but we should have compassion for other creatures and take reasonable steps to reduce their pain, not delight in it - particularly domestic animals which are under our care.

This guy is a sicko and I guarantee he would delight in human suffering as well. I hope they find something really incriminating because animal cruelty laws may not be strong enough to keep him off the streets.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dapper_Swindler posted:

oh yeah, reptiles are fascinating. my gf got me into them, plus they are pretty easy pets. i am probably gonna try to buy a snake(probably a kenyan sand boa) and or a bearded dragon after a graduate. plus they have weird little personalities(sorta)

lol start of loving darkness right here

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
this is the most hosed up thing ive ever read

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
literally shaking right now

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I will teach a snapping turtle to suck my dick. There will be an academy-award winning film based on my story, starring Chris Hemsworth.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
isnt idaho a loving nazi infested shithole? pretty tho...

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

mike12345 posted:

I will teach a snapping turtle to suck my dick. There will be an academy-award winning film based on my story, starring Chris Hemsworth.

RIP
mike12345's dick
"Apparently delicious."

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

mike12345 posted:

Just find a gay mohel

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Turtle did nothing wrong

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

he's gonna bite off your dick

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mike12345 posted:

yeah I'm thinking, if you strap someone down, and put a turtle in front of his nutsack, it's like the ultimate slow torture method

how is that slow a snapping turtle would snip your nuts off immediately because they're mindless monsters that love to eat flesh

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Aesop Poprock posted:

how is that slow a snapping turtle would snip your nuts off immediately because they're mindless monsters that love to eat flesh

Yeah, but consider 1) the dread of anticipation and 2) the aftermath.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
In all honesty I'm just pissed because a sweaty, desperate and nude man writhing balls first in front of a freshly unleashed turtle is my Ultimate Fetish and I was gonna make some sweet bank off the idea before you morons ruined it

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
I raised a snapping turtle as a pet from the size of a quarter to the size of a shoebox.

It's the most vicious, murderous animal I've ever owned. I never fed it anything living except cigar minnows and earthworms, and it did such a savage number on them with its claws and beak I shudder to think of what this poor puppy endured before death.

Last time I was at the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans they had an alligator snapper the size of a small ottoman, I think a perfect punishment would be to strip the teacher naked and just throw him in its tank after it hasn't been fed for a week or two and hit RECORD.

imandyyo
Mar 19, 2012
Not sure if the comments about breeders were based in fact, but Jesus thinking that a person who keeps dogs and breeds them would be ok sending one off to be eaten alive (no matter how hosed up it is) is messed up.

naem
May 29, 2011

imandyyo posted:

Not sure if the comments about breeders were based in fact, but Jesus thinking that a person who keeps dogs and breeds them would be ok sending one off to be eaten alive (no matter how hosed up it is) is messed up.

No no it's the most logical solution

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

imandyyo posted:

obviously you have never seen a dog breeding operation

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

naem posted:

No no it's the most logical solution

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
i saw a snapping turtle once when hiking with my dad and wated it pet it, he grabbed this thick rear end brach and was like "imagine this is your hand" and held it out and that fukin' turtle snapped that poo poo in two

rip turtle buddy, you're just doing what you were made to: destroying anything placed in front of you :smith:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Blast of Confetti posted:

lol start of loving darkness right here

don't mock it till you try it, frogs and herps are good pets. the one falls asleep on my hand sometimes or eats its skin there.

green chicken feet posted:

This is the answer. Kill the poor thing humanely first. Don't feed it to another animal live, for crying out loud. It is going to die anyway, but why should it have to suffer?

I'm far from being an animal rights activist, but we should have compassion for other creatures and take reasonable steps to reduce their pain, not delight in it - particularly domestic animals which are under our care.

This guy is a sicko and I guarantee he would delight in human suffering as well. I hope they find something really incriminating because animal cruelty laws may not be strong enough to keep him off the streets.

this. just use pre killed food. you keep it in the fridge and then thaw it out and throw it in. you don't have to dumb some mongo puppy in alive so you can jerk off to its death in front of the class.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

So was the dude fired at least?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
An Idaho judge ruled that the only fair punishment was for him to be fed to an alligator snapping turtle. Oddly, the judge also ruled that the students must watch this feeding too. That's Idaho for you I guess.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygU0gLko39U

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

JonathonSpectre posted:

Last time I was at the Audobon Zoo in New Orleans they had an alligator snapper the size of a small ottoman, I think a perfect punishment would be to strip the teacher naked and just throw him in its tank after it hasn't been fed for a week or two and hit RECORD.

The Ottoman empire is over dude, they're just regular old turks now.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Syncopated posted:

The Ottoman empire is over dude, they're just regular old turks now.

I think that's racist?

Not sure.

Regardless that big old alligator snapper at the Audobon Zoo is/was big enough that it could absolutely consume a human being given a day or two. That teacher is obviously a malformed runt. The solution is obvious.

Vato
Jan 14, 2018

The more I read about this, the weirder it gets, really. It's fascinating...much the way watching a snapping turtle eat a puppy must be.

Also, apparently the puppy drowned after being thrown into the tank and THEN the turtle ate it. But there are some conflicting stories there, too. Like the puppy was not only deformed and rejected by its mother and unable to eat but it also maybe had a communicable disease. I know when I have an animal that has something contagious, the first thing I do is feed it to another animal.

I liked this quote from a former student:
“It’s really hard on a small community, like Preston, to watch them tear apart somebody that everybody loves.”

Little worried about Idaho.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
What the gently caress

• Locked thread