Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Stupid strategy. Should have boxed with him instead of trying to stand there and slug it out. Let him gas.

Also JDS was doing that same weird skipping backwards away thing like he did with Lewis. And leading in with your head up....bahh

Why am I disappointed by the guy who got knocked out by Overeem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
francis is a cool story but he's also a cheat code personified

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Lid posted:

yeah but its heavyweight nothing ever makes sense there

Francis just needs to win the title, then defend it against powerlifter physique Jon Jones, then lose it to Struve, then trade wins against Mark Hunt, fight till he's 45, pop for steroids, and then he will have a genuine heavyweight career.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

junior's in a hard spot now, he beats most top ten heavyweights fairly handily but this is the fifth time he's been bounced out of title contention and hasn't been on top for like seven years

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

CarlCX posted:

I love how every one of Ngannou's wins are loving incredible and simultaneously do nothing to answer if he's improved from his losses

That's the same showing he's had against everyone though, so might as well do it against the champ. I think it was a decent showing though- those low leg kicks were new and Francis jumped at JDS when he did his dumb habit of backing up against the cage, so I assumed he did a bit of preparation.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Phobeste posted:

That fight might have kept going if it was anybody other than jds but I think herb acted on all our instincts and hell, i'm glad of it

It seemed like Herb stepped in the minute Junior's lights went out

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

CarlCX posted:

junior's in a hard spot now, he beats most top ten heavyweights fairly handily but this is the fifth time he's been bounced out of title contention and hasn't been on top for like seven years

i'd match him against blaydes

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

There was a time JDS was getting better and better every fight and he looked invincible. One day, he just stopped improving. Then his soul was taken from him twice in brutal 25 minute forbidden fist rituals. Now he is trapped in the land of the half living heavyweights, doomed to repeat the same gameplan until he turns 50 in some weird Japanese league that only exists for money laundering purposes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Best Friends posted:

There was a time JDS was getting better and better every fight and he looked invincible. One day, he just stopped improving. Then his soul was taken from him twice in brutal 25 minute forbidden fist rituals. Now he is trapped in the land of the half living heavyweights, doomed to repeat the same gameplan until he turns 50 in some weird Japanese league that only exists for money laundering purposes

I think it's also that, while he always left openings, he was fast enough for that not to matter. Look at the Werdum and Cain knockouts: he flies across the octagon like he's Dudley from street fighter.

Also, Ngannous is one of the few guys who could plant his feet and trade when JDS lunges at him and stand a decent chance of doing enough damage for the risk to be worth it.