Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Fried Watermelon posted:

London airports have been terrible for me since the brexit poo poo has the border guards scrutinize me for having a Canadian passport.

Twice in Gatwick I was detained because they didn't believe I had money to provide for myself, even though I specifically got a 6 month visa that they approved before traveling.

Then once I came back to London via London Southend the border guard said Canadians don't even need a visa or get their passports stamped anymore.

Gatwick also has huge gently caress off eye of sauron style cameras at the visa control area which is hosed up if you even think about it for 5 seconds. Why so hostile?

yeah i travel a lot and the UK border control people are more intense than just about anywhere. been that way since well before Brexit too, though that certainly didnt help

but then Im an American so i dont know what kind of a grilling non-Americans get when they come in to the US, i would not be surprised it if was worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
Compare that to my experience entering the Netherlands at Schipol where I walked around the baggage claim area trying to find customs, and come to find out that there are just two super-chill people who looked at my paper, stamped my passport, and just waved me through. I was concerned for the rest of the day that I had just illegally entered the Netherlands, and I had to keep looking at my passport to make sure that they had really authorized my entry.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Sex Skeleton posted:

Compare that to my experience entering the Netherlands at Schipol where I walked around the baggage claim area trying to find customs, and come to find out that there are just two super-chill people who looked at my paper, stamped my passport, and just waved me through. I was concerned for the rest of the day that I had just illegally entered the Netherlands, and I had to keep looking at my passport to make sure that they had really authorized my entry.

Schipol is easy to fly into, but on the way out they consistently make me take out every single piece of gear, down to every individual loving wire, cable, adapter etc in my backpack and run them all separately through their xray

Madrid does this too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Eikre posted:

Houston international airport has this wierd, tiny subway linking up the baggage claim areas. Little automated four-person trams running next to center walkways in this soft, sound-dampened corridor under everything else, and it seems like nobody is ever down there. Absolutely surreal. Best option by far is to drink a bottle of DXM cough syrup before your flight to Texas and then go for a spin when you're teetering on the edge of a k-hole. Life changing.

Here's a video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2a9Yvo2Yyg&t=431s

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Earwicker posted:

Schipol is easy to fly into, but on the way out they consistently make me take out every single piece of gear, down to every individual loving wire, cable, adapter etc in my backpack and run them all separately through their xray

Madrid does this too

Why is this?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Earwicker posted:

yeah i travel a lot and the UK border control people are more intense than just about anywhere. been that way since well before Brexit too, though that certainly didnt help

but then Im an American so i dont know what kind of a grilling non-Americans get when they come in to the US, i would not be surprised it if was worse

Well now we (Americans) don’t even have to talk to them anymore. We can use the electronic kiosk and go right through. Just did that in Gatwick last month.

Also did the OP ever say why he was traveling with his cat? I’m genuinely curious.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

MarcusSA posted:

Well now we (Americans) don’t even have to talk to them anymore. We can use the electronic kiosk and go right through. Just did that in Gatwick last month.

Also did the OP ever say why he was traveling with his cat? I’m genuinely curious.

You know you can see all the guy's posts in this thread by clicking on the ? under his name, right? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3898833&userid=126953

Unfinish3d posted:

I had a shittyand booze filled year. Currently flung to stay with some family in the Midwest so I can sort some poo poo out

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

I am almost always travelling on an artist visa (if you perform in the UK without one, even for free, even at a house show, they can deport you and ban you for years) which means I always have to talk to them and wait around while they go figure out what do do with it

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

I get stuck on red eyes out of SFO all the time, sleeping in an airport is the worst.

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009
I don't fly very often, but last time I flew (out of JFK in New York) they had these trash cans in the restrooms. Idiocracy is real.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Your cat doing ok, OP?

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Black88GTA posted:

Idiocracy is real.

Is using that panel meant to bring the fullness of the can to the cleaning staff's attention, or to notify the emergency medical staff of my impending/ongoing heart attack? Either way Id be mashing the red button

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Sharik posted:

Is using that panel meant to bring the fullness of the can to the cleaning staff's attention, or to notify the emergency medical staff of my impending/ongoing heart attack? Either way Id be mashing the red button

Oh I definitely mashed the red button. Not sure what it did. I wasn't sure exactly what it was for either, other than "I am happy about thing" "I'm indifferent about thing" "I am not happy about thing"
Do pres butan when trash full? Or contains unsavory items, like dead baby or large quantity of vomit? Or can you use it for non-trash related bathroom problems, like hand dryer broken? or shitter full? Poo on floor? Any of the above? All of the above? :iiam:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The guy in the next stall is not keen on the bathroom scene

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Black88GTA posted:

Oh I definitely mashed the red button. Not sure what it did.

they have these kinds of things in airports and other facilities all over the world and im pretty sure they do absolutely nothing. just some buttons you can press that make you think you had some kind of input being counted somewhere but really its just a button connected to nothing

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Earwicker posted:

they have these kinds of things in airports and other facilities all over the world and im pretty sure they do absolutely nothing. just some buttons you can press that make you think you had some kind of input being counted somewhere but really its just a button connected to nothing

And touch poo poo from the guy that didn’t wash his hands and touched the door as well

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my favorite part of flying into Heathrow is that i can finally take a poo poo in a public bathroom in complete privacy.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Stuck in the airport
Still in the airport
Forever the airport

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

GBS: dead gay and still in airport with cat. cat fine.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chinatown posted:

my favorite part of flying into Heathrow is that i can finally take a poo poo in a public bathroom in complete privacy.

The whole country tbh.

But yes this.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Chinatown posted:

Whut?

Do you live in a country where the public bathroom is a large field?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

Whut?

Do you live in a country where the public bathroom is a large field?

Lol you clearly haven’t been to american restrooms

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

MarcusSA posted:

Did you remove all the doors to make sure 'transexuals' weren't in the 'wrong' restroom?

E: Added the extra quote marks so you know exactly who I am mocking in this scenario. (Hint for the tired: it's not the poor dudes/dudettes who just want to live their life in peace)

Shut up Meg fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 18, 2019

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

Shut up Meg posted:

Did you remove all the doors to make sure transexuals weren't in the 'wrong' restroom?

Transgender. Shitbag.

Sorry middle of the night post not sure if sarcastic.

E: not really sorry. if you gotta pee or drop a stanky deuce, do it. Whichever bathroom or right in mitch's mouth.

Vanadium Dame fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Sep 18, 2019

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

im american and i have no idea what you are talking about. the stalls in british public restrooms arent any more or less private that the stalls in american public restrooms :confused:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Earwicker posted:

im american and i have no idea what you are talking about. the stalls in british public restrooms arent any more or less private that the stalls in american public restrooms :confused:

Most American stalls have gaps in the doors and the walls start about 8 inches above the ground

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Most American stalls have gaps in the doors and the walls start about 8 inches above the ground

If they went all the way down, how do you tap shoes?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Burt Sexual posted:

If they went all the way down, how do you tap shoes?

I forgot to mention that while European style does have walls that go all the way down to the floor, the glory hole is preinstalled and even has a nice buffed edge.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

yeah i guess but i dont really see how that makes much of a practical differnece as far as privacy is concerned, ive lived in america most of my life and never had anyone looking under the stall doors or whatever, and while the british stalls go lower its still a pretty public place. people can defintely still hear and smell you making GBS threads if thats what you are worried about

also, both countries have many public restrooms that are small rooms meant for one person at a time which is as private as you can get

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

If they can see my shoes they can point me out later and make fun of me for pooping then everyone will know I pooped.

hahayup
Sep 14, 2007

thick lush back hair. someone get me a pony.

Chief McHeath posted:

If they can see my shoes they can point me out later and make fun of me for pooping then everyone will know I pooped.

That's why I always go barefoot in public washrooms

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I just press my dick against the gap in the door so they know the stall is occupied

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
airport bathrooms are almost as bad as the las vegas convention centers bathrooms

the combination of travel, unhealthy food, caffiene, and related stress makes for a chaotic and disgusting bathroom experience

a symphony of groans, farts, sharts, plops, and whooshes.

truly a full sensory experience

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I always bring a travel pack of baby wipes in my briefcase in case I need to just destroy one of those toilets.

My b hole is worth it

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Chinatown posted:

airport bathrooms are almost as bad as the las vegas convention centers bathrooms

the combination of travel, unhealthy food, caffiene, and related stress makes for a chaotic and disgusting bathroom experience

a symphony of groans, farts, sharts, plops, and whooshes.

truly a full sensory experience

I enter the bathroom, close my eyes, and pretend to conduct an intricate and beautiful concerto

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

a peck of pickled peckers posted:

I enter the bathroom, close my eyes, and pretend to conduct an intricate and beautiful concerto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIjOifRG-u8&t=42s

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i usually skip the nearest bathroom to the gate i just landed at because its being mobbed by people who just got off the flight there is almost always a much less crowded/gross bathroom in the baggage claim area

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

it sucks when you have had one too many brewskis and you really have to PISS but the plane is takings its sweet loving time getting to the jetway

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

numberoneposter posted:

it sucks when you have had one too many brewskis and you really have to PISS but the plane is takings its sweet loving time getting to the jetway

I'm trying to keep off the booze these days but I make an exception for airplanes. Last time flying from NYC sober almost had a panic-seizure (my brain not work so good). The airport bar experience is amazing, everyone drinking vastly overpriced lovely drinks and either trying to avoid eye-contact or being overly friendly. I've sipped a lovely merlot with a 80s-style businessman, a middle-age mom, and wide-eyed 20-somethings. Airport bars are the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i dont generally drink on airplanes because its dehydrating enough as it is. edibles on the other hand are wonderful