Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

terminal chillness
Oct 16, 2008

This baby is off the charts

evilmiera posted:

It isn't often one sees an uncle this dumb in both halves of their brain.

Cool. My uncle works for Nintendo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Atopian posted:

I'm unironically betting they add something about a virus to the show within a year of this whole thing being resolved.

A foaming wave with the face of Marx crashes into another foaming wave with corona chan on it, and they make out briefly

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You must defeat Shen Yun to stand a chance.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Chinese food, like authentic stuff, is absolutely loving disgusting inedible trash. When i went to China I was hyped for the street food but it was all just like bones with a tiny amount of gristle on them.

So what I’m saying is Shen Yun is lame and Falun Gong sucks poo poo too

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
shen yun is some pinko commie bullshit designed to hypnotize you into voting for socialized healthcare and bread lines dont do it OP

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
its like the chinese circus in that they establish zero connection with the crowd and simply show off their artistic skills, which makes them look like, uh, trained puppies or something with zero emotional skills. basically the opposite of american entertainment in a bad way

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

At least the Moonies got those chromed out assault rifles like they saw a master p video one time and got stuck like that guy who took too much lsd and thought he was orange juice permanently.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
“Made in USA. Free of Communism.”

“See what 1.4 billion in China can’t see.”

My least favourite thing about it is how preachy and political it is, even in the advertising. I have zero vested interest in Chinese domestic politics just as I would hope someone in China has no interest in affecting ours.

The Karl Marx Tsunami sounds loving incredible though tbqh

5er
Jun 1, 2000

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

“Made in USA. Free of Communism.”

“See what 1.4 billion in China can’t see.”

My least favourite thing about it is how preachy and political it is, even in the advertising. I have zero vested interest in Chinese domestic politics just as I would hope someone in China has no interest in affecting ours.

The Karl Marx Tsunami sounds loving incredible though tbqh

It's cult propaganda from another cult trying to be a big-boy religion; of course it's going to be preachy and political.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Toxic Mental posted:

Chinese food, like authentic stuff, is absolutely loving disgusting inedible trash. When i went to China I was hyped for the street food but it was all just like bones with a tiny amount of gristle on them.

This take is wrong and bad.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Falun Gong does suck poo poo though idk about Chinese food :shrug:

I have more respect for the Scientologists lol at least they believe that they are space aliens and aren't afraid to infiltrate the gubmint.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Went out to eat tonight and there were Shen Yun promotional booklets up at the front of the restaurant. I grabbed one thanks to being informed about it by this thread, but haven't had a chance to give it a good looking over yet.

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Colonel Cancer posted:

Falun Gong does suck poo poo though idk about Chinese food :shrug:

Sorry, to clarify, the take on Chinese food was bad.
FG / ShenYun are just Scientology made in China.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You're a very dangerous man, Shen Yun!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

gently caress what a terrible time to have named my newborn son Shen Yun Kevin James.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

went to the wrong part of china probably idiot

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.
It came form China. Why would you expect it to be any good? China is now the opposite of Old Greg's place: it has no things that are good.

Defenistrator
Mar 27, 2007
Ask me about my burritos
Man, I gotta start a religion, the money's good

Lok these Falun data guys seem to be loaded with all the advertising they do.

Also, both sides of this debate are not perfect, no matter which side wins the results won't be what you want.

BattleSausage
Aug 14, 2003

I'm butter side up, baby.

Taco Defender
I wanted to have a nice treat with culture and stuff so I bought expensive box tickets, $250 each, me and my girl at the Kennedy Center in DC.

The seats were in an over-stuffed box seat with an occluded view. We had chairs stuck against the wall and couldn't see poo poo because of a stupid pillar in the way. The box area was designed for maybe 10 people but they had like 40 so it was awful. Also the music sucked and gave me a headache.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

But was the roaring tsunami with face of Karl Marx any good?

baalaagaa
Apr 9, 2004

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Went out to eat tonight and there were Shen Yun promotional booklets up at the front of the restaurant. I grabbed one thanks to being informed about it by this thread, but haven't had a chance to give it a good looking over yet.

You should, it will teach you how to meditate yourself to godhood so you can survive the coming apocalypse & stop ghost aliens from taking over your body.
Also you will learn how evil homosexuality is & how gay sex will generate negative karma.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I think my mom's still planning on going to see it with a friend. They're both Filipino and my mom's a bit of a Sinophile (but anti-Communist). She's also easily taken and influenced politically.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

BattleSausage posted:

I wanted to have a nice treat with culture and stuff so I bought expensive box tickets, $250 each, me and my girl at the Kennedy Center in DC.

The seats were in an over-stuffed box seat with an occluded view. We had chairs stuck against the wall and couldn't see poo poo because of a stupid pillar in the way. The box area was designed for maybe 10 people but they had like 40 so it was awful. Also the music sucked and gave me a headache.

Colonel Cancer posted:

But was the roaring tsunami with face of Karl Marx any good?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

baalaagaa posted:

You should, it will teach you how to meditate yourself to godhood so you can survive the coming apocalypse & stop ghost aliens from taking over your body.
Also you will learn how evil homosexuality is & how gay sex will generate negative karma.

Look, I'm as concerned about ghost aliens as the next guy, but it sounds like their take on sexuality is a bit too Catholic for my tastes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I posted this earlier but i wanted to use that meme but i couldn't find the generator.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

its like the chinese circus in that they establish zero connection with the crowd and simply show off their artistic skills, which makes them look like, uh, trained puppies or something with zero emotional skills. basically the opposite of american entertainment in a bad way

I remember seeing a dance troop years ago and it was less a show and more a showcase of skill with nothing else going on.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
did it the old fashioned way

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I posted this earlier but i wanted to use that meme but i couldn't find the generator.

https://deathgenerator.com/#sf2

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
thats pretty good

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BattleSausage posted:

Also the music sucked and gave me a headache.

Was it that awful chinese opera singing where the women are imitating men imitating women? For a while women weren't allowed to sing chinese opera, so they had men take the women's parts in a falsetto... and then when they brought the women back they imitated that. It's unlistenably bad. Just high pitched and warbly.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Was it that awful chinese opera singing where the women are imitating men imitating women? For a while women weren't allowed to sing chinese opera, so they had men take the women's parts in a falsetto... and then when they brought the women back they imitated that. It's unlistenably bad. Just high pitched and warbly.

Thats basically just Chinese Opera, since the specific style that does that, Peking/Beijing Opera is the dominant style of Chinese Opera. I do not care who is upset by this, all the great classics of Chinese Opera sound ear splittingly bad because of it and ruin what are otherwise good works of art.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Barudak posted:

Thats basically just Chinese Opera, since the specific style that does that, Peking/Beijing Opera is the dominant style of Chinese Opera. I do not care who is upset by this, all the great classics of Chinese Opera sound ear splittingly bad because of it and ruin what are otherwise good works of art.

It’s the kind of stuff professional torturers would decry as inhumane. I don’t understand how anyone could even begin to tolerate it, let alone like it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

:lmao:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Thanks!

We get signal
What?
Main screen turn on
How are you gentlemen?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Is Shen Yun that old Dreamcast game where you can play slots as a broke asian kid?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
It's still weird to me that Shen Yun isn't just some wordless Chinese ballet show with instrumental music & pretty costumes/backdrops. Like, drat.

akma
Jan 30, 2016

I simply lack the motivation to write anything here.

So, Assembled in the US, from Chinese parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Isn't Shen Yun one of the gangs that have that big fight early in "Big Trouble in Little China"? Or am I mixing it up with one of those little, yappy dog breeds?