Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Julias get in the robot beneath the hunger games island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Julias will save our district

cryptoclastic
Jul 3, 2003

The Jesus
Let’s go Safety Biscuits!

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
all will be crushed under the might of the TVIV

anime will be crushed

the printed word will be crushed

vanity will be crushed

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Quick question now that I'm thinking of it - will there be another round of this with different mods? I'd love to see this continue!

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely rooting for Shine

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

I guess I'm aboard the OldSenileGuy train now that Relax or Die went out like the bitch they are. :colbert:

Choo choo!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
i don't know any of these people so i'm rooting for the guy who got a quintuple kill

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

TVIV will reign supreme! Go OldSenileGuy!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Adus posted:

i don't know any of these people so i'm rooting for the guy who got a quintuple kill

Since the only mods I know are VideoGames and Barudak and they both died like chumps, I feel the same way. The multikill was loving hardcore.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

...! posted:

...VideoGames... died like chumps

This is how it would be in real life I am sure.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

This is how it would be in real life I am sure.

Your avatar raises much confusion in me

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Spiritual support from beyond the veil for my fellow mod!

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
three nerds and a guy who works out....hrmmm who's gonna win...

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

I’m here for the anime mod now I guess

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

Your avatar raises much confusion in me

I saw it somewhere and thought it was one of the most awesome looking, 80s feeling, fabulous strutting, kirby avs I had ever seen :D

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
TV

IV

TV

IV

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Hipster Occultist posted:

I guess I'm aboard the OldSenileGuy train now that Relax or Die went out like the bitch they are. :colbert:

Choo choo!

I'm gonna haunt the poo poo outta you

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NIGHT SEVEN

Our final approach to the end. This penultimate night is a tension filled one. Nobody making any moves, just preparing for this final day that lay ahead of them. OldSenileGuy scored a kill yesterday, but likely at great cost to his own well being. We see him tending to wounds this late. On top of being Old and Senile, being injured makes for a dangerous cocktail in the bar of survival.

Julias tends to Safety Biscuits. It's important to both of them that their District comes out on top. But only one will win. What may be an alliance for now...the longer it goes, the more difficult it shall be to end things. There will be no Katniss and Peeta ending here, there is only *one* Champion.

Shine gets some late support from his YLLS District. It cannot be overstated how valuable assistance like this, even this late, is helpful toward survival and victory. Our Tributes rest easy into the night. We head in to our Final Day.

DAY EIGHT

OldSenileGuy:rip:. What a tremendous run you have had. You were clearly the villain of these Hunger Games, with treacherous gameplay from the onset, to stalking and playing mind games with the other tributes all throughout, scoring one last kill the prior day. But injuries have caught up with you, old friend, and you can take solace that no one man took you down, but Nature itself, as life would intend.

BETRAYAL. UNBELIEVABLE. Wanting the glory all to themselves, Julias has turned on his District partner Safety Biscuits:rip:, siding with the YLLS enemy! Why would they do this? Was it inspiration from Jojo's to work with the fit folk? Was it a hatred and pure unadulterated disgust to read from left to right? What motivation would lead you to do something like this? Oh Safety Biscuits, you had SUCH a tremendous late game, and your momentum is brought to a crashing halt thanks to a TRAITOR in your District, and worse yet, with this elimination, Shine inches toward tying your record!

End of Day Eight

Safety Biscuits:rip:
OldSenileGuy :rip:

And now...We are at our Final Two.

JULIAS.

SHINE.

ONLY ONE WILL BE LEFT STANDING. WHICH DISTRICT IS THE ULTIMATE DISTRICT? YOU LOOK LIKE poo poo? ANIMATED DRAWINGS TO REPLACE WOMEN? WHO WILL BE LEFT STANDING?

WE HEAD INTO NIGHT EIGHT. THE WINNER, OF THE 2020 SOMETHING AWFUL HUNGER GAMES IS...

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

ANIME IS WEAK AND DEFEATED! SHINE SNATCHES, CLEANS, AND JERKS HIS WAY TO VICTORY AND IMMORTALITY! SHINE IS YOUR CHAMPION, AND DISTRICT SIX: YOU LOOK LIKE poo poo IS YOUR ULTIMATE DISTRICT!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Holy poo poo. Anime really is blood

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Turns out eating lean and getting swole does pay off! :monocle:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Final Standings

District Wise, District 11 had the most action, with eight confirmed kills.
District 3: D&D was our worst performing district, scoring zero kills. The district that had the best performing solo artist (only person in the district to score) was District 12: A/T & QCS with Admin Athanatos scoring three kills, which score wise puts their district above five other districts.

Game Summary

quote:

Day 1
Genesplicer begs for twoday to kill him. He reluctantly obliges, killing Genesplicer.
Smythe repeatedly stabs I eat baby skin to death with sais.
Athanatos severely injures Hieronymous Alloy and leaves him to die.
OldSenileGuy convinces Hand Knit to not kill him, only to kill him instead.

Night 1
Ardennes and david carmichael fight Relax or DIE and Infinitum. Relax or DIE and Infinitum survive.
DJ Fuckboy Supreme, muscles like this!, Athanatos, HugeGrossBurrito , and Shine track down and kill Jaded Burnout.
Smythe, SoundMonkey, and esperterra start fighting, but SoundMonkey runs away as Smythe kills esperterra.
Fluffdaddy, iospace, and Cyrano4747 get into a fight. Cyrano4747 triumphantly kills them both.

Day 2
Captain Foo bleeds out due to untreated injuries.
Cyrano4747, graph, and VideoGames get into a fight. graph triumphantly kills them both.

Night 2
OldSenileGuy shoots an arrow into DrAlexanderTobacco 's head.
Ensign Expendable dies from thirst.

Day 3
Smythe, twoday, and Shine get into a fight. Shine triumphantly kills them both.
Infinitum dies trying to escape the arena.

Night 3
Barudak poisons A.s.P.'s drink, but mistakes it for his own and dies.

Day 4
Oddium cannot handle the circumstances and commits suicide.
flightless greeb attempts to climb a tree, but falls to her death.
Wark Say falls into a frozen lake and drowns.
HugeGrossBurrito is unable to convince Jerusalem to not kill him.
Safety Biscuits bashes Junpei Hyde's head against a rock several times.

Night 4
Rah! pushes fool of sound off a cliff during a knife fight.
Dum Cumpster ambushes movax and kills him.
Squizzle accidently detonates a land mine while trying to arm it.

Day 5
Rah! catches Grand Fromage off guard and kills him.
Pmush Perfect attempts to climb a tree, but falls to her death.
Safety Biscuits and Athanatos track down and kill graph.
A.s.P. strangles GreyjoyBastard after engaging in a fist fight.

Night 5
Rah! kills Jose as he tries to run.
Safety Biscuits sets an explosive off, killing muscles like this!, Franchescanado, DJ Fuckboy Supreme and Athanatos.

The Feast
Jerusalem and Dum Cumpster threaten a double suicide. It fails and they die.
Julias sets A.s.P. on fire with a molotov.

Day 6
Rah! is unable to convince Relax or DIE to not kill him.

Night 6
Relax or DIE dies from an infection.
SoundMonkey dies from thirst.

Day 7
OldSenileGuy kills Anidav with his own weapon.

Night 7
No deaths occurred.

Day 8
Julias and Shine work together to drown Safety Biscuits.
OldSenileGuy falls into a frozen lake and drowns.

Night 8
Shine catches Julias off guard and kills him.
The winner is Shine from District 6!

I hope all of you had a lot of fun following along, it was a blast to run, and a big thank you to our Tributes for showing up and showing a desire and drive to win :)

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Figures the mod who actually exercises wins lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I should have placed higher considering how long I survived while being a pacifist

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
hahaha this was great, thanks John cena!

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

So if the double suicide event triggers with the actual last two people, are there two winners or no winners?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Oh Anidav...

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Congrats to Shine and this is incredible!! I loved this thread!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

purple death ray posted:

Holy poo poo. Anime really is blood

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

PetraCore posted:

So if the double suicide event triggers with the actual last two people, are there two winners or no winners?

So this was the second simulation I attempted (the first one became corrupted when I tried to save it). After recording the entirity of the simulation, I ran it 10 more times just for fun stats. Not once did a Double Suicide trigger when less than 5 players remained. Out of those 10 times, the surviving winners were Shine (four times), OldSenileGuy(twice), Wark Say (once), Pmush Perfect, Fluffdaddy, and Grand Fromage. Strangely, Julias made it to the Final Four in those situations SEVEN times. So while this is mostly random, I think the slot placement affects the behavior to a degree, or I just got some repeated patterns through Random Chance. We even had Shine and Julias as the final two a second time! The second one ended on Night Fifteen though and had a much lower kill rate.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress!?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Wark Say posted:

What the gently caress!?

Yeah Julias really screwed yas goin for their own partner instead of taking out Shine.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Doing the two finger salute and bird whistle thing for my dude Squizzle

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
thanks for the game john cena that was cool

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

JOHN CENA posted:

So this was the second simulation I attempted (the first one became corrupted when I tried to save it). After recording the entirity of the simulation, I ran it 10 more times just for fun stats. Not once did a Double Suicide trigger when less than 5 players remained. Out of those 10 times, the surviving winners were Shine (four times), OldSenileGuy(twice), Wark Say (once), Pmush Perfect, Fluffdaddy, and Grand Fromage. Strangely, Julias made it to the Final Four in those situations SEVEN times. So while this is mostly random, I think the slot placement affects the behavior to a degree, or I just got some repeated patterns through Random Chance. We even had Shine and Julias as the final two a second time! The second one ended on Night Fifteen though and had a much lower kill rate.

At least OldSenileGuy makes it to the end theoretically twice. That's nice for the TVIV.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Zippy the Bummer posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Zippy the Bummer posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Wark Say posted:

What the gently caress!?

in one reality, wark trains on a frozen lake, fails, and drowns

in another world, wark succeeds in his training and unlocks his secret jutsu techniques to earn a final victory

risk, rewards, etc