Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Name: Bodacious O'Radical
Health: 7/10 > 8/10
Might: 6
Armor:4
Element: Pyra
Location: Move to Row 10 column H! :siren: Gargoyle Master is now flanked, max value is 11! :siren:

Pyra Spell: Licking flames: Gain a strike against an opponent on a loss. READY
Neutral Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 2
Pyra Spell: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra spell applies twice in a row. READY
Pyra Spell: Fuel Cloud: If opponent rolls a 6 this round, they take [Might*2] Pyra Damage. READY
Terra Spell: Trembling Earth: Deal [Might] Terra Damage and Unbalance your opponent READY
Pyra Spell: Immolate: Halve your current HP - gain the halved value as Might on strikes this round READY
Pyra Spell: Immolate: Halve your current HP - gain the halved value as Might on strikes this round READY
Pyra Spell: Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn

Seeing that Ozzy had learned the winning spell, the two students trapped were going to be free, and with additional outbreaks all over, focusing down this one was moot. So, time to Big drat Heroes it up down south. Stopping at the pub for a couple of brewskis, Bodacious headed back down where he'd started.

Szymon Flametame posted:

"Not really, Bo, another Oscillation like that's gonna kill me! Oh, you're gone already. Whatever, man, good luck!"

"Relax Szy, I'm not going to leave you in the lurch. Here, drink up while I distract this guy to death."

Offering Szymon one of the beverages, he drank his own and got to work taunting the corrupted Master.

Attacking 9H. Taking a drink.

Drinking a brew whilst lethally flanking 9H: 1d3 1

Pyra spell for the kill last round: 1d10 5 Incinerate

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 13, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Name: Jimmy "The Gross Son" Bobson
HP: 9/10
Armor: 4
Might: 8
Element: "Aero"
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 0/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 1/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 3/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 3/3), Driving Winds (Cooldown: 0/3), Gust (Cooldown: 3/3), Terra Ward (Cooldown: 0/3),
Active Spells/Effects: Blasting Armour, Terra Ward

"Pure skill", Jimmy remarked as the former master librarian disintegrated in a smelly vortex of clashing Aero magics.

Now, better go plug up some of those tears before they grow into an issue.

Attack B4 from A4: 1d6 4

Spell Get: Neutral: 1d10 1 (Boost +1)

I cast Blasting Armour
I cast Terra Ward
I cast Driving Winds

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Name: Gizzard, the Lizzard Blizzard Wizzard
HP: 8/10
Might: 5
Element: Hydro
Inspiration(s): 2
Armour: 2
Spells:
Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row
Bitter Frost: Deal [might] hydro damage and freeze opponent
Aero Rune: Next Aero Spell applies twice in a row
Riptide: Reset opponent value to 0 - if you win the round, gain 1 bonus strike
Solid Stance: Gain a critical strike against the next opponent that ties with you
Pyra Ward- The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory.
Attack: C9
---Rolls: 1
-----Total: 1

Hmph, that was too easy! Time to fall back a bit and take a break with this new stuff so the others can catch up to my glacial path.

Attack: 1d6 1
New spell from dead prof pyro: 1d10 1 Pyra Ward

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Any scientist with the right background can brew his own booze.

What do you mean electrolytes aren't used for brewing booze? That's silly!

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Name: Ozzy The (Not?) Great And (Literally) Terrible
HP: 6/10
Armour: 4
Element: Aero
Spells: What spells? Boost+2 (0/3), Boost+3 (0/3), Solid Stance, High Boost

Ozzy eyed the unrecognizable student fighting him, bouyed to their highest magical potential by the spell that had stolen the wind out of his sails.

Unfortunately for them, he wasn't the callow drunk boy who'd wandered onto the fields literally a few hours ago. He was a GREAT WIZARD with HIIIIGH BOOOOOST! And would he even cast it? No! For he had options now!

"AbracaGOTCHU!" Ozzy yelled, combining a pair of basic boosters into a forceful wind that tore through the Origami'd student's defenses, sending their pages scattering to the winds, followed by a faint and barely recognizable wail.

"Huh. I think that was Magg MacCrow... oh well, gimme dat next spell, o' arcane well!"

The imp looked with increasing displeasure at its summoner's increasing magical competence (if not grace), as Ozzy did another Inspired dance of victory.

Attack F2! 1d6 6
Attack F2 again! 1d6 1

1 + 6 + 1 + Cast Boost +2 + Cast Boost +3 = 13 Epiphany!

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Bluemonty
Health: 3/10
Spells: Stoneskin; Blood Tide; Blood Tide (1 Turn Cooldown); Ice Slick (1 Turn Cooldown); Boost+3 (1 Turn Cooldown)
Attacking I7: 1d6 3
Total: 3+3+3 = 9

Status Effects: Dazed, Frozen

A terrible shock of cold blasted Bluemonty's entire body as he struggled to bring life to his magical attack. His mind felt fuzzy and everything was dreamlike. He felt an otherness for his own body, and could not bring himself to cast wards of protection. Some part of him suspected that this would be the last of him.

Another, deeper part, rose like a gushing spring from within, and told him to roll the dice once more...

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Szymon Flametame
Spells: Sigil of Jomp When you would gain Inspiration, expend to gain double the amount
Terra Rune Next Terra Spell applies twice in a row
Pyra Ward The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory.

AJ_Impy posted:

"Relax Szy, I'm not going to leave you in the lurch. Here, drink up while I distract this guy to death."

“Thanks for the assist, Bo, but I *think* I got this!”

Casting Pyra Ward. No access to Orokos today, so DK said his son will roll for me! :ohdear:

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
HP: 7/10
Element: Terra (Good against Hydro, Bad against Aero)
Spells: Boost +2 (3), Stoneskin, Bitter Frost, False Body

Victory Spell (Neutral): 1d10 3
That gets me Boost +1/10

Adila noticed that some holes were getting blocked. She had to assist! Others could press forward a little.

Adila moves to D11!

First Roll: 1d6 6

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Another rooster’s crow. Another day? Were there even any roosters left? No one bothered to check. When was the last time any of them had eaten? The innkeeper scratched his head in wonderment that there was anything left in his casks. Didn’t he… wasn’t he… he scratched his head. Things were getting oddly fuzzy. The bright not-light of the Whoopsy seemed to flicker for a moment - then came on, twice as bright!

The watchers didn’t even notice. The Wizards sure did!

EXPLORATION - TURN 19 posted:

A - Ozzy casts Boost +2 and Boost +3! A - Ozzy rolls 1, bringing their total to 8. Origami Student rolls , bringing their total to 5.
Origami Student Stands! Ozzy Boosts value to 13! Ozzy has an Epiphany!
Ozzy strikes Origami Student and slays them!
B - Benny casts Formless, Boost 1-3, and Reckless Heat! B - Benny rolls 2, bringing their total to 7. Anthracite Student casts ! Anthracite Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 11.
Benny copies opponent value with Formless, then Boosts! Benny has an Epiphany! Anthracite Student flinches! Benny utterly destroys Anthracite Student!
C - Szymon casts Terra Ward! Szymon rolls 6, OVERLOA- Terra Ward activates, defending against two strikes on a loss and resetting value. Szymon rolls 4, OVERLOADING! Gargoyle Matter Stands with 12! Gargoyle Master strikes Szymon and slays him!

DEATH posted:

Oof! So close! Stand by for a notice further down this post.
D - Ning rolls 3, bringing their total to 6. Origami Student casts Tear! Origami Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 10.
Origami Student uses Boost +2! Origami Student Stands with 12!
Tear - On loss, opponent HP is halved (round up)
F - Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Petrified Student casts Crystal Memory (Trembling Earth)! Petrified Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
Gizzard takes 3 Terra Damage! Gizzard is Unbalanced!
I - Jimmy casts Blasting Armour, Terra Ward and Driving Winds! I - Jimmy rolls 4, bringing their total to 4. Anthracite Student rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
Anthracite Student takes 5 Aero Damage! Anthracite Student is Dazed!
J - Adila rolls 6, bringing their total to 6. Anthracite Student casts Twice As Bright! Anthracite Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 4.
Blast Furnace - Opponent is Unbalanced; if they Overload this round, they take Pyra Damage equivalent to amount over the top
K - Bluemonty rolls 3, bringing their total to 9. Drowned Master rolls 1, bringing their total to 5. Bluemonty is Freezing - they must Stand next turn!
Soothing Rain - On victory, all adjacent enemy units gain double HP
L - Bodacious has a pint and regains 1 HP! Tastes watery...

WHOOPSY! posted:

Arcane Whoopsy teleports to J5!
The people shrieked as Szymon went down, broken from their trance by the unexpected death. The Wizards in reserve cursed, if nothing else because of the loss of spells… Unless… Working quickly, the reserves pooled their combined magical knowledge to… okay, they’d seen someone do something like this once, but it wasn’t really for this… Finally, one brave soul (who’d drawn the short straw) pulled up his robe’s sleeve and jammed his hand into the pool. He streeetched far past the bottom of the shallow pan, rummaging around in Szymon’s pockets for… aha.

POOL OF MEMORY posted:

Cludged together from a few half-remembered scrying and memory spells, the scrying pool is now also the POOL OF MEMORY! When a Wizard dies, their Spells flow into the pool. As an action, instead of healing or reinforcing or attacking, any Wizard may add or remove a Spell to the pool. Additionally, new Wizards may take up to two Spells from the pool rather than rolling two random Spells.

The Pool of Memory can be seen here

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 13, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 1/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 2/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 0/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 0/3), Driving Winds (Cooldown: 1/3), Gust (Cooldown: 3/3), Terra Ward (Cooldown: 1/3),

Jimmy tapped into his arcane reserves to power up the torrent of foul winds buffeting the burning student, intent on extinguishing his foe with sheer force.

Attack B4 from A4, Round 2: 1d6 6

I cast Boost +1
I cast Boost +1
I Stand

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Name: Ning
HP: 8/10
Might: 7
Element: Terra
Oscillations survived: 4
Spells:
Stoneskin: Gain 4 armor this round (available)
Boost 1-3: add 1d3 to your result (available)
Headwind: All numbers rolled this round gain +2 to their stated value (available)
Blasting Armour: Gain 1 bonus Armour this round; if enemy strikes you at the end of the round, they take [Might] Terra Damage (available)

Attack H5 from G5: 1d6 3
Boost 1-3: 1d3 1
Cast Stoneskin
Cast Blasting Armour
Cumulative Total: 10
Ning Stands

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Health: 8/10
Armor:4

Neutral Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 1
Pyra Spell: Fuel Cloud: If opponent rolls a 6 this round, they take [Might*2] Pyra Damage. READY
Terra Spell: Trembling Earth: Deal [Might] Terra Damage and Unbalance your opponent READY
Pyra Spell: Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn

He had been wrong. Szymon had died. Stone-faced and silent, Bodacious went to shore up the weakest defences.

Attacking D1 from C1: 1d6 3

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Well when all you have are chunks of TNE and an overly large water ration, all the world looks like a still!
Grimey Drawer

Name: Ozzy The (Not?) Great And (Literally!) Terrible
Spells: What spells? Boost+2 (1/3), Boost+3 (1/3), Solid Stance, High Boost, Sigil of Jomp, Sigil of Jomp

Just like that, Ozzy had freed himself from the Whoopsy's tricky, terrible encirclement, his grumbling imp in tow. And what a reversion of fate it had been - now the young man could even help out the remaining wizards back in the tavern with a Sigil of Jomp to aid in the gathering of arcane inspiration! All the best students had taught themselves that particular spell, practically cheating their way through Alabaster Hall's early mid-terms (in Ozzy's humble and totally not at all bitter opinion).

At any rate, the young wizard reflected that things were... well, still totally dire, but at least looking not entirely hopeless if they could just keep getting enough spells and rituals to bear. It also was gratifying how he was becoming a mightier - or at least not entirely useless - wizard by the minute.

Of course, his good mood dampened somewhat on returning to the tavern to hear of Szymon's ill fate against one of the Masters - they hadn't had a death in a while and the fire mage wasn't one of the Bad Ones... but the other apprentices' clever subversion of the loss of Szymon's spells meant that something had been saved.

Ozzy, on realizing what had been saved, reached greedily into the Pool of Memory, his short arms straining for the arcane spell-spark. As a GREAT High Boosting wizard he surely DESERVED the PRIVILEGE of the DOUBLE JOMP, right?

It was with a swagger in his step and a smug look on his face that Ozzy went to face down Tomaz the Stoner in the middle grounds of the battlefield separating the Alabaster Hall from The Village.

Another Neutral Spell! 1d10 8 - Sigil of Jomp
Ozzy claims a Sigil of Jomp spell from the Pool of Memory!
Ozzy moves to D6!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Benny "Twinkletoes" Broccolini
Health: 7/10 HP
Oscillations Survived: 4
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 3: Boost 1-2-3: Roll 1d3 and add it to your total. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 4: Dust Devil: Unbalance your opponent and raise or lower their value by 1. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 5: Formless: Deal [Might/2] Hydro Damage and copy opponent's value, replacing your own. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
(*New*) Spell 6: Hydro Ward: The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and heal for double the value you went over. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]

The fire elemental version of wizarding student Marley Schwarzman sizzled and slumped as the shape-shifting Hydro mage Benny "Twinkletoes" Broccolini unleashed a relentless series of lightning-fast strikes from everywhere at once. When Benny had reverted to his solid human form, what had once been a flaming monster was rendered unto nothing more than a pile of sodden ash and charcoal. That poor kid never stood a chance...

"Fool me once, shame oin ya's. Fool me twice? Never gonna happen again, wise goiy!" Benny crowed.

The hydro mage wiped the side of his nose with a thumb and turned his back on the defeated foe, certain that the malevolent fire spirit wasn't coming back. Besides, he had to hurry: Ozzy the Aero mage had just made an opening in the enemy's ranks, and Benny needed to take that opening to get in a better position to defend the town.

After a little hustle through the side streets, Benny Twinkletoes squared up with the malevolent purple fog encroaching on the city from a Whoopsy-tear and raised his dukes for yet another spat of magical fisticuffs.

"Roight! Now whut's goin' on heayah?" Benny hollered towards the shadowy void. "Don' think ya's kin get past me, now!"

A power lit up from around Benny's form as enhancing magics swirled about him.

> Kill Reward for Hydro Mage: Water Spell: 1d10 1 - Gained Hydro Ward!
> Attack: 2D Hits 2E: 1d6 5 - Total: 5
> Cast Spell: Pyra Rune
> Cast Spell: Hydro Ward

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

HP: 5/10
Might: 5
Armour: 2
Spells:
Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row 3/3 cool down
Solid Stance: Gain a critical strike against the next opponent that ties with you
Pyra Ward- The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory. 3/3 cooldown. 2 charges left.
---Rolls: 1, 4 (8 unbalanced)
-----Total: 5

That's how you wanna play this, huh? Well Ice got a few tricks up my sleeve too!

Attack: 1d6 4
Cast Pyra Rune
Cast Pyra Ward x 2

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Bluemonty
Health: 3/10
Spells: Stoneskin; Blood Tide; Blood Tide; Ice Slick; Boost+3
Attacking I7: 1d6 2
Total: 3+3+3+2 = 11

Stand

Status Effects: Dazed, Frozen

Bluemonty thrusts his power forwards with whatever will he has left. Hopefully it will be enough to do some damage.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Adila
Element: Terra (Good against Hydro, Bad against Aero)
Spells: Boost +2 (2), Stoneskin, Bitter Frost, False Body, Boost +1/10

Curses! She was in a horrible spot.

Well, now, it was time to just throw all the magic she could at the problem and hope it's sort itself out.

Casting False Body and Bitter Frost!
If I Overload, False Body redirects the strikes into the foe's face, and my armor will mitigate the Pyra damage to 1. Plus, Bitter Frost will do bonus damage because it's dealing Hydro damage to a Pyra enemy.

Unbalanced Roll!: 1d6 1 x 2 = 2

...well that was anti-climatic.

Current total is now 8

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Hold on… hold on...

EXPLORATION - TURN 20 posted:

A - Ozzy draws Sigil of Jomp from the Pool of Memory!
B - Benny casts Pyra Rune and Hydro Ward! B - Benny rolls 5, bringing their total to 5. Petrified Student casts Obsidian Spikes! Petrified Student rolls 5, bringing their total to 5.
Obsidian Spikes - Increase Armour by 1; On victory, gain a Critical Strike
D - Ning casts Boost +1, Stoneskin, and Blasting Armour! D - Ning rolls 3, bringing their total to 9. Origami Student rolls , bringing their total to 10. Ning Stands with 10! Origami Student Stands with 12! Origami Student strikes Ning for 5 Aero Damage! Blasting Armour strikes Origami Student for 4 Terra Damage!
F - Gizzard casts Pyra Rune and Pyra Ward x2! F - Gizzard rolls 8, bringing their total to 9. Petrified Student casts Boost +2! Petrified Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 6.
I - Jimmy casts Boost +1 and Boost +1! I - Jimmy rolls 6, bringing their total to 10. Anthracite Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 12. Jimmy Boosts to 12! Jimmy Stands with 12! Anthracite Student Stands with 12! Tie!
J - Adila casts False Body and Bitter Frost! J - Adila rolls 2, bringing their total to 8. Anthracite Student casts Burning Desires (Scorching Heat)! Anthracite Student rolls 3, bringing their total to 7. Adila takes 2 Pyra Damage! Adila is Burned! Anthracite Student takes 9 Hydro Damage!
K - Bluemonty rolls 2, bringing their total to 11. Drowned Master casts Boost +6! Drowned Master rolls 3, bringing their total to 12. Bluemonty Stands with 11! Drowned Master Stands with 12! Drowned Master strikes Bluemonty and slays them! Soothing Rain Invigorates adjacent squares, doubling their HP!
L - Bodacious rolls 3, bringing their total to 3. Burbling Student casts Fighting For Air! Burbling Student rolls 5, bringing their total to 5.
Fighting For Air - Opponent cannot stand below 10

WHOOPSY! posted:

Arcane Whoopsy echoes with hysterical laughter - all rolls of 6 next turn become 1!
Magic clawed out towards them, ringing like a bell that rose in volume until their teeth vibrated. The Whoopsy was coming for them!

OSCILLATION 5 posted:

1A - D1 advances on Bodacious - and was rebuffed! Burbling Student takes 8 Damage!
1B - E1 advances - it pushes forwards!
2A - E2 advances on Benny - and batters them! Benny takes 5 Damage!
2B - I2 advances - it pushes forwards! It advances - it pushes forwards! It advances - and was rebuffed.
3A - E3 advances - it pushes forwards! It (D3) advances on Benny - and was rebuffed! D3 is Bruised!
3B - G3 advances - it pushes forwards!
4A - B4 advances on Jimmy - and was rebuffed! Anthracite Student is slain!
5 - H5 advances on Ning - and was rebuffed! H5 takes 5 Damage!
6A - E6 advances on Ozzy - and batters them! Ozzy takes 5 Damage!
6B - F6 advances - it pushes forward! It (F5) advances on Ning - and was rebuffed! F5 is Bruised!
6B - G6 advances on Ning - and was rebuffed! F6 is Bruised!
6C - H6 advances - it pushes forwards!
7 - F7 advances - and pushes forwards! It (D7) advances on Ozzy - and was rebuffed! D7 is Bruised!
8A - F8 advances - and was rebuffed!
9A - C9 advances on Gizzard - and was rebuffed! Petrified Student takes 8 Damage!
9B - H9 advances - it pushes forwards! It advances - it pushes forwards! It advances - it pushes forwards! It advances - and was rebuffed!
9C - 9I advances - and was rebuffed!
11 - E11 advances on Adila - and batters them! Adila takes 5 Damage and is slain! Inspiration gained!

This one was worse then ever, the miasma of evil pushing down upon them like a physical force. They swore, wherever they were, that they could catch a glimpse of the Whoopsy itself, shining through walls, friends and foes alike. Its shape was… unusual. Familiar. Perhaps a little… frightened? The moment passed, and it was all they could do to hold on. In the wake of the assault, they drew on its power yet again. To their surprise, it was more than they could hold at once - the excess they chanelled into the earth, causing flowers and sweet air to sprout from their footsteps… that could be handy!

INSPIRATION posted:

All Wizards gain any two of: a random spell, a spell of their element, 1d5 HP, 1 Might or 1 Armour!
All Wizards may additionally reinforce a tile as a free action while not in combat!
Enemy max value increases by 2!

Make sure to vote on your next Inspiration OR suggest a new one!
Check the Inspiration tab in the Monitoreum!

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Name: Hoodie
HP: 10/10
Might: Might Determination: 1d2 1 + 5 = 6
Armor: 5
Element: Pyra (Good against Aero, bad against Hydro)
Spells: Taking from the Memory Pool Pyra Ward, Boost +1/10 and Blood Tide.

Maybe they were always there, helping in small ways that nobody noticed. Hoodie had a way of flying under the radar.

Moving to C3

Starting Strike: 1d6 2

Hmm... almost there, but not quite. But a lucky break...

Casting Boost +1/10!
Boost +1/10: 1d2 2

"Burn away!"

Standing at 12.

Get Spiralling The Mana.

Junpei fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 16, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Might: 9
Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 2/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 3/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 1/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 1/3), Driving Winds (Cooldown: 2/3), Gust (Cooldown: 0/3), Terra Ward (Cooldown: 2/3), Sigil of Jomp (Cooldown: 3/3), Zephyr (Cooldown: 3/3), Zephyr (Cooldown: 3/3)
Active Spells/Effects: -

The Oscillation filled Jimmy with ever more ULTIMATE COSMIC POWER.

That, and gas.

Thankfully there was an almost dead foe to go relieve the latter issue at.

Neutral Spell: Get: 1d10 8 (Sigil of Jomp)
Aero Spell: Get: 1d10 10 (Zephyr)
Random Spell: Get: 1d50 6 (Dust Devil)

I cast Gust at E11 (the enemy has 1 HP left and dies)
I Reinforce E10 (autosuccess)

Voting for Spiralling the Mana

Theantero fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Oct 15, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HP: 4/10 (1 + 3 = 4)
Armour: 5
Spells: What spells? Boost+2 (2/3), Boost+3 (2/3), Solid Stance, High Boost, Sigil of Jomp, Sigil of Jomp, Whirlwind

That had been a rough one. Ozzy felt at his jaw - did his teeth feel longer? - then took one long look at the ex-student in the distance, before quickly turning tail. As he went back to the Tavern for a drink, he made sure to channel some of his excess mana into the ground, a wash of wind crossing the area to land on a far-off spot to sprout a small tree and a bunch of leafy shrubs. It relieved the ache in his teeth, at least - and through the redirection of force Ozzy realized he'd finally learned a spell from his element!

"Come on Impy, this calls for a celebration drink!"

His summoned critter grumbled, but accepted the nickname as it'd at least get to play with the tavern kids again. Maybe they'd have more knives?

Random spell! 1d50 3 - Whirlwind
Healing! 1d5 1
Tavern! 1d3 2
Reinforcing F2!
Voting for Spiralling the Mana!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 2/10 HP
Oscillations Survived: 5
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: (Pyra) Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: (Pyra) On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you. Cooldown: [X] [X] [X]
Spell 3: Boost 1-2-3: (Neutral) Roll 1d3 and add it to your total. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 4: Dust Devil: (Hydro) Unbalance your opponent and raise or lower their value by 1. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 5: Formless: (Hydro) Deal [Might/2] Hydro Damage and copy opponent's value, replacing your own. Cooldown: [X] [X] [X]
Spell 6: Hydro Ward: (Hydro) The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and heal for double the value you went over. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
(*New*) Spell 7: Triangulate: (Neutral) Play instead of rolling; raise Damage by 4 this round. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
(*New*) Spell 8: Cutting Flare: (Pyra) Strikes this round ignore Armour. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]

A stony figure slowly emerged from the purple miasma: a humanoid being made of layered rock. Orbs of dark jade had replaced the eyes in the mobile statues face, but Benny Twinkletoes Broccolini could recognize the original person just the same.

"No way. Lee?!" Benny balked, blanching at the sight of the Terra mage. "Oi thoight ya was visitin' yer parents! How'd ya get mixed up in da Big Whoopsy?"

With a stiff lurch of his petrified limbs, the earth elemental that resembled Benny's pal Lee "Catseye" Chiang struck a menacing martial arts pose and stood still. Benny recognized the stance from prior fights he'd seen Lee get into, and it meant that Benny was about to get seriously messed up.

The rock Lee kicked with a heavy leaden foot, launching a paving stone directly at Benny's skull from ten meters away. It struck the mage in the temple, stunning him. Benny stumbled backwards until his back hit the wall, and when he pulled his hand from his forehead he saw the bright red of his own blood.

That was when Benny saw red: the gash on his forehead stopped dribbling blood and began releasing a red gout of steam.

"Oi'm gonna haveta teach ya's a lesson oi never wanned ta! Ya don't aim for a Broccolini's face!"

Oscillation Bonus 1: Random Spell: 1d50 47 - Gained spell Triangulate!
Oscillation Bonus 2: Random Spell: 1d50 30 - Gained spell Cutting Flare!
Status Effects: Pyra Rune, Hydro Ward
> Attack: 2D Hits 2E: 1d6 3 - Total: 8

Inspiration Vote: Spiraling the Mana (10i)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells:
Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row 2/3 cool down
Pyra Ward- The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory. 2/3 cooldown. 21 charges left.
---Rolls: 1, 4 (8 unbalanced), 5 (ward canceled), 1
-----Total: 10

Umph! Gizzard put too much power into that spell. He only survived thanks to his pyra ward drawing off the excess energy. He'll need to be more careful next time.

Gods he hated fire magic. Too temperamental for this stone cold Lizzard

Attack: 1d6 5
Attack retry: 1d6 1
Heal: 1d5 4
Armor +1
Get Spiraling Mana

Slaan fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 19, 2021

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Reginald Nammonty II (Reggie)
Health: 10/10
Might: Roll for Might: 1d2 2 + 5 = 7
Spells: Roll for Spell: 1d50 16: Blood Tide (ha!) ; Roll for Spell: 1d50 21: Pyra Ward: The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory.
Attacking D7: 1d6 2
Total: 2

Reggie strides out onto the field of battle with his cheat sheet spell scroll clutched tightly in hand.

Edit: Vote Spiralling the Mana

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Neutral Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. READY
Pyra Spell: Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn. READY
Pyra Spell: Scorching Heat: Deal [Might] Pyra Damage and burn your opponent. READY
Aero Spell: Whirlwind: Switch value with opponent. READY

Bodacious casts Trembling Earth on the Burbling Student! 7 Terra damage versus an Hydro opponent!

Bodacious reinforces.

New Pyra spell: 1d10 3 Scorching Heat
New any spell: 1d50 3 Whirlwind

Spiralling the mana

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

HP: 3/10
Oscillations survived: 5
Spells:
Stoneskin: Gain 4 armor this round (1/3)
Boost 1-3: add 1d3 to your result (1/3)
Headwind: All numbers rolled this round gain +2 to their stated value (available)
Blasting Armour: Gain 1 bonus Armour this round; if enemy strikes you at the end of the round, they take [Might] Terra Damage (1/3)

New random spell: 1d50 25 Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn
Oscillation Heal: 1d5 1
Move to E5
Heal: 1d3 1
Reinforce E5

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

INSPIRATIONS posted:

Spiralling the Mana Epiphanies now grant 2 Inspiration instead of 1
See Wizard Data here for change stats.
Another one down, and the Wizards were largely still alive. Not all of them… more than half a dozen lay dead, their bodies cremated in consecrated pyres by the remaining clergy so that they didn’t… rise up. There was no way of knowing whether that would matter, but the villagers felt strangely comforted by giving a formal farewell to their saviors. This village, like many remote communities, was no stranger to death, no stranger to the varied rituals of goodbye. For many, the funeral rites were a spot of familiarity in a world turned upside down. In some cases, literally.

EXPLORATION - TURN 21 posted:

A - Ozzy has a pint and heals 2 HP! Tastes watery.... Ozzy reinforces I10!
B - Benny rolls 3, bringing their total to 8. Petrified Student casts Help Me! Petrified Student rolls 4, bringing their total to 9. Benny's value drops to 6! Benny is Unbalanced!
Help Me - Opponent value drops by 2, Opponent is Unbalanced
D - Ning has a pint and heals 1 HP! It tastes watery.... Ning reinforces E5!
F - Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 10. F - Gizzard rolls 5, OVERLO- Pyra Ward Triggers, reverting value! Gizzard's strikes gain +4 Damage! Gizzard rolls 1, bringing their total to 10! Petrified Student casts Claw Slam! Petrified Student rolls 3, bringing their total to 9.
Claw Slam - On victory, deal 2 additional strikes
I - Jimmy casts Gust! Anthracite Student is slain! E11 is reinforced to 2!

WHAAA? posted:

Jimmy instant killed that guy so no need to roll stuff. Also, E11 is reinforced not E10 because when you kill a guy you occupy their space. Whatevs!

L - Bodacious casts Trembling Earth! Burbling Student is slain! D1 is reinforced to 2!
N - Hoodie casts Boost +1/10! N - Hoodie rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Origami Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 13. Hoodie Boosts to 12! Hoodie Stands at 12! Origami Student Stands at 13! Origami Student Strikes Hoodie for 1 Aero Damage!
O - Reginald rolls 2, bringing their total to 2. Petrified Student casts Claw Slam! Petrified Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 2.
Sudden pressure slams down upon Bodacious, nearly blinding and deafening him. Something - someone - is suddenly standing before him!

WHOOPSY! posted:

Arcane Whoopsy teleports to E1! Bodacious MUST engage!

WHOOPSY! posted:

Oh hi there! The Whoopsy is neither vulnerable nor strong against any element! Good luck!

Dog Kisser fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 19, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

HP: 7/10 (4 + 3 = 7)
Spells: What spells? Boost+2 (3/3), Boost+3 (3/3), Solid Stance, High Boost, Sigil of Jomp, Sigil of Jomp, Whirlwind

The imp did indeed find more knives - although the kids wielding them were not taking much guff this time, especially given how the formerly rusty pieces of iron had self-enchanted into possessing various amusing little spell effects.

"'nother one, 'keep," mumbled Ozzy. Sure, he had an impressive array of spells now, but could he really stay alive with them?

He'd better drink on that.

Tavern again! 1d3 3
Reinforcing I10 again, why not!

Scribbleykins fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Oct 19, 2021

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 0/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 3/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 2/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 2/3), Driving Winds (Cooldown: 0/3), Gust (Cooldown: 1/3), Gust (Cooldown: 0/3), Terra Ward (Cooldown: 0/3), Sigil of Jomp (Cooldown: 3/3), Zephyr (Cooldown: 0/3), Dust Devil (Cooldown: 3/3)

Well, that was that.

Time to clown on the faculty again.

Aero Spell: Get: 1d10 2 (Gust)

I cast Zephyr

Attack E9 from D9 (zephyr): 2#1d6 6 6 (...picking 6)

I cast Blasting Armour
I cast Terra Ward
I cast Driving Winds
I cast Gust

The Wandering Mage
Jul 22, 2010

Name: Reginald Nammonty II (Reggie)
Health: 10/10
Spells: Blood Tide; Pyra Ward
Attacking D7: 1d6 3
Total: 2 + 3 = 5

Looking through his scroll, Reggie tries to find something to improve his chances with this particular foe. Looks like he skipped that class.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Spells:
Pyra Rune: next Pyra spell casts twice in a row 1/3 cool down
Pyra Ward- The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and gain +2 Damage on your next victory. 1/3 cooldown. 1 charge left.
---Rolls: 1, 4 (8 unbalanced), 5 (ward canceled), 1, 3
-----Total: 13

Ok. Ok OK ok! He had two chances to ensure his next spell went off without a hitch. Breath in, chill out. Breath in, chill out Gizzard!

Attack: 1d6 3

Phew, we skated by on the seat of our snowpants. You're an ice cold killer Gizzard ready to serve up revenge for your fallen comrades the best way possible: as frozen as a snowsilk moth's heart.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Neutral Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. READY
Terra Spell: Trembling Earth: Deal [Might] Terra Damage and Unbalance your opponent RECHARGE 2
Pyra Spell: Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn. READY
Pyra Spell: Scorching Heat: Deal [Might] Pyra Damage and burn your opponent. READY

Well, poo poo.

This was it, the source of all that hurt them. It was going to be a next to impossible fight. He damned well hoped there would be someone left to remember him if this was how he bought it. If nothing else, he could make sure the anomaly never forgot.

Bodacious casts Pyra Rune!
Bodacious casts Scorching Heat!
Pyra rune duplicates Scorching Heat!

rolling vs whoopsy: 1d6 5

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Oct 20, 2021

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Name: Hoodie
Element: Pyra (Good against Aero, bad against Hydro)
Spells: Pyra Ward, Boost +1/10 and Blood Tide.

Curses. Even with good luck, the enemy had more luck.

All Hoodie could do was just try and keep up the fire.

Rolling: 1d6 1

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 2/10 HP
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: (Pyra) Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [X] [X] [X]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: (Pyra) On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]
Spell 3: Boost 1-2-3: (Neutral) Roll 1d3 and add it to your total. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]
Spell 4: Dust Devil: (Hydro) Unbalance your opponent and raise or lower their value by 1. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]
Spell 5: Formless: (Hydro) Deal [Might/2] Hydro Damage and copy opponent's value, replacing your own. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 6: Hydro Ward: (Hydro) The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and heal for double the value you went over. Cooldown: [X] [X] [X]
Spell 7: Triangulate: (Neutral) Play instead of rolling; raise Damage by 4 this round. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 8: Cutting Flare: (Pyra) Strikes this round ignore Armour. Cooldown: [X] [ ] [ ]

Benny "Twinkletoes" Broccolini had taken a serious beating - worse, his face was bloodied. He fumed with white-hot rage while blood steamed out from the gash in his forehead. He would probably need stitches, and if he didn't get medical attention soon, he could easily be left with a scar.

The stone elemental standing before Benny laughed with a sound much like rocks clacking against each other and nails scraping against chalkboard.

"Yer laffin', Lee?" Benny snarled at the petrified Lee elemental with disgust. "Is dis some koinda game to ya's?"

A potent whirlwind whipped around Benny that somehow seemed to get incrementally hotter by the second, wicking all the moisture from the air.

"Ya been toined inta a spooky rock monstah, Lee, and yer laffin'?" Benny roared over the gale force winds.

The rock-shaped student once known as Lee "Catseye" Chiang continued tittering even as the winds struck him in his combat stance.

"Awroight - let's cut to da chase den," Benny said, and a bright burning glow erupted around his raised fists. "Flare Blitz!"

Status Effects: Pyra Rune, Hydro Ward, Unbalanced
> Attack: Unbalanced doubles roll! 2D Hits 2E: 1d6 3x2 = 6 - Total: 12
> Cast Spell: Boost 1-3: Boost 42: 1d3 1 - Total: 13 - Benny stands at 13! Epiphany! +1Crit and +2 Inspiration!
> Cast Spell: Reckless Heat: Pyra Rune activates! - Quadruple the total strikes this round.
> Cast Spell: Cutting Flare: Strikes ignore Armour this round.
> Cast Spell: Dust Devil: Enemy Petrified Student is Unbalanced and their value (9) is raised by 1 (to 10).

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

HP: 5/10
Oscillations survived: 5
Spells:
Stoneskin: Gain 4 armor this round (2/3)
Boost 1-3: add 1d3 to your result (2/3)
Blasting Armour: Gain 1 bonus Armour this round; if enemy strikes you at the end of the round, they take [Might] Terra Damage (2/3)
Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn (available)

Heal up: 1d3 3
Reinforce E5

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

Bodacious was facing down… something. The scrying pool refused to display it, the entire silhouette of its shape causing the water to boil wildly, striking off purple sparks whenever anyone tried to look at it. This must be the Arcane Whoopsy, the Wizard reserves agreed solemnly. The villagers, exhausted and spread thin by terror, began to titter as the words “Arcane Whoopsy” were repeated beyond their ability to cope. Whoopsy! Haha! It was going to kill them all, haha! The history books would state that their whole town, maybe the world, was destroyed by it! Whoopsy! HAHAHAAHAHA!

EXPLORATION - TURN 22 posted:

A - Ozzy has a pint and heals 3 HP! Tastes watery.... Ozzy reinforces I10!
B - Benny casts Boost +1-3, Reckless Heat, Cutting Flare, and Dust Devil! B - Benny rolls 6, bringing their total to 12. Petrified Student rolls 6, bringing their total to 15.
Benny has an Epiphany! Benny strikes Petrified Student and smashes them into powder!
D - Ning has a pint and heals 3 HP! It tastes watery.... Ning reinforces E5!
F - Gizzard rolls 3, bringing their total to 13. Petrified Student rolls 1, bringing their total to 14.
Gizzard has an Epiphany! 2 Inspiration Gained! Petrified Student Stands with 14! Petrified Student strikes Gizzard and slays him!
I - Jimmy casts 6! I - Jimmy rolls Zephyr, Blasting Armour, Terra Ward, Driving Winds and Gust, bringing their total to 0. Gargoyle Master rolls 6, bringing their total to 6.
Gargoyle Master takes 9 Aero Damage! Gargoyle Master is Dazed! Gargoyle Master value is dropped to 5!
L - Bodacious casts 5! L - Bodacious rolls Pyra Rune and Scorching Heat x2, bringing their total to 0. Arcane Whoopsy casts Arcane Power II (Incinerate and Triangulate)! Arcane Whoopsy rolls 0, bringing their total to 0.
Arcane Whoopsy takes 4 Pyra Damage and is Burned! It flickers ominously! Arcane Whoopsy Triangulates, gaining 4 Damage by 4 this round!
N - Hoodie rolls 1, bringing their total to 1. Origami Student casts Boost +2! Origami Student rolls 5, bringing their total to 5.
O - Reginald rolls 2, bringing their total to 7. Petrified Student casts Claw Slam! Petrified Student rolls 2, bringing their total to 5.

WHOOPSY! posted:

Arcane Whoopsy is Distracted!
HHAHAHAHAAAH! HA! HAAH AAAAAAAAH!

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Spells: Blasting Armour (Cooldown: 1/3), Boost +1/10 (Cooldown: 3/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 0/3), Boost +1 (Cooldown: 3/3), Driving Winds (Cooldown: 1/3), Gust (Cooldown: 2/3), Gust (Cooldown: 1/3), Terra Ward (Cooldown: 1/3), Sigil of Jomp (Cooldown: 0/3), Zephyr (Cooldown: 1/3), Dust Devil (Cooldown: 3/3)

A poo poo-eating grin spread on Jimmy's face like stale grease as he enhanced the potency of his "Death" Cloud just so for the ultimate experience in disgust. Another loathed member of the faculty was going down, he just knew it.

Attack E9 from D9, Round 2: 1d6 6

I cast Sigil of Jomp
I cast Boost +1

I Stand

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Name: Qizzard, the Lizzard Frizzy Wizzard
Spells:
Formless: Deal [Might/2] Hydro Damage and copy opponent's value, replacing your own.
Panacea: Cure all status effects against you, gaining 5 HP for each so cured
Licking Flame: Gain a strike against your opponent on a loss
Attack: D11
---Rolls: 5
-----Total: 5

Oh no! Qizzards identical twin brother was slain by these foul creatures! What a turnabout! This situation almost sent his monocle flying off his right eye!

Qizzard ran out and put Gizzard's hat on for good luck and said a prayer for his soul. He would mourn later. Now, it was time for vengeance!

Spells: 2d50 17, 12
Formless
Panacea
Spell 3: 1d50 27
Licking Flame
Might: 1d2 2
Attack: 1d6 5

Slaan fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Oct 20, 2021

Scribbleykins
Apr 29, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Spells: What spells? Boost+2, Boost+3, Solid Stance, High Boost, Sigil of Jomp, Sigil of Jomp, Whirlwind

Ozzy hurried out the tavern door. The laughter had gotten a tad too unnerving to stick around for another drink. And his semi-drunk self wasn't takin Gizzards death too well, if it had to be admitted. Little guy had sure loved his magic card games, and now, just, like, squoosh.

... and the Whoopsy was so drat close, having finally exposed itself! Bod and Benny, burning bright, had it on the ropes, for sure! Maybe if Ozzy just came in behind it and cast absolutely every useful spell he knew... maybe it'd help?

Behind Ozzy his imp shrieked and threw itself out the door as a tiny hailstorm flew by, cast by an aspiring little six-year old wielding his wooden spoon like a wand. They cursed and nattered back at the girl some guttural daemonic language (or possibly dwarvish), then reluctantly followed their summoner, turning every once in a while to make rude gestures at the tavern kid gang who'd clearly begun taking arcane urchin classes from someone. The little tykes were even daring each other to dip their hands into the Pool of Memory whenever the wizard reserve was distracted laughing their rear end off at the indignant reddening cheeks on the reserve wizards' faces.

Move to F1
Attack D1! 1d6 1

Ozzy... hesitated, as he faced the Whoopsy, his spells fallow on his lips.

What... WHO... WAS that?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

Pyra Spell: Licking flames: Gain a strike against an opponent on a loss. RECHARGE 3
Neutral Spell: High boost: Add value needed to bring you to max value to your total. RECHARGE 3
Pyra Spell: Pyra Rune: Next Pyra spell applies twice in a row. RECHARGE 2
Pyra Spell: Fuel Cloud: If opponent rolls a 6 this round, they take [Might*2] Pyra Damage. RECHARGE 3
Terra Spell: Trembling Earth: Deal [Might] Terra Damage and Unbalance your opponent RECHARGE 1
Pyra Spell: Incinerate: Adds a Critical strike that inflicts Burn. RECHARGE 3
Pyra Spell: Scorching Heat: Deal [Might] Pyra Damage and burn your opponent. RECHARGE 2

First blood on the Whoopsy. If history books were a thing going forward, his name would be in them.

rolling vs whoopsy: 1d6 4 current total 9

Bodacious casts High Boost! Epiphany, Stand!
Bodacious casts Fuel Cloud!
Bodacious casts Incinerate!
Bodacious casts Licking Flames!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Health: 2 -> 4/10 HP
Spell 1: Pyra Rune: (Pyra) Next Pyra Spell applies twice in a row. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 2: Reckless Heat: (Pyra) On victory, double your total strikes against opponent. On loss, double their strikes against you. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 3: Boost 1-2-3: (Neutral) Roll 1d3 and add it to your total. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 4: Dust Devil: (Hydro) Unbalance your opponent and raise or lower their value by 1. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
Spell 5: Formless: (Hydro) Deal [Might/2] Hydro Damage and copy opponent's value, replacing your own. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 6: Hydro Ward: (Hydro) The next time you would Overload, instead stay at current value and heal for double the value you went over. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 7: Triangulate: (Neutral) Play instead of rolling; raise Damage by 4 this round. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]
Spell 8: Cutting Flare: (Pyra) Strikes this round ignore Armour. Cooldown: [X] [X] [ ]
(*New*) Spell 9: Boost 1-2-3: (Neutral) Roll 1d3 and add it to your total. Cooldown: [ ] [ ] [ ]

When Benny landed the final blow against the Terra-fied version of Lee "Catseye" Chiang, he knocked the humanoid's rocky block off entirely with a square hit to the chiseled jaw. The man's stone head cracked off and rolled down the lane until it slammed against a sturdy wall, spintering wood, whereupon the form of the Terra elemental broke apart and crumbled into a fine powder that blew away in the swirling updrafts of Benny's dust devil.

"Not even close, bay-bee!" Benny crowed, and he ambled over to the powder pile that once was Lee's head and picked up a pair of shining stones from deep inside.

(x2)

"Huh. Cat gotcher eyes, Lee?" Benny remarked, appraising the precious pair of gems before pocketing them for later.

In rummaging through his jacket pockets, Benny found his flask. He took a little sippy-sip, for courage.

Nearby, Bodacious and Ozzy were in the middle of fighting the big Arcane Whoopsy for their lives. Benny took another swig from his flask as he mumbled out words to go along with the arcane warding gestures he was performing.

> Non-Combat Action: Pub: 1d3 2 - 2 HP healed!
> Reinforce: E2 - Autosuccess! E2 Area Defense raises to 2!

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Oct 21, 2021