Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
The Sisters of Mercy - Heartland

Great song, sorry about your problems

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Z_7_s1MWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Oh please, if working from home is normal they are going to gently caress with sick leave

evil corps trying to claw back entitlements to workers in every way possible (regardless of whether or not they're working from home) is why we all need to be back in the office? also, once again not everyone lives precisely where you live and may have different opinions or laws that govern them

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

evil corps trying to claw back entitlements to workers in every way possible (regardless of whether or not they're working from home) is why we all need to be back in the office? also, once again not everyone lives precisely where you live and may have different opinions or laws that govern them

I dont think I have ever said all back in the office. I dont think I have ruled nor do I care where people work

All I have said or eluded to is WFH is considered an entitlement and it will be hosed with

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I dont think I have ever said all back in the office. I dont think I have ruled nor do I care where people work

All I have said or eluded to is WFH is considered an entitlement and it will be hosed with

you said:

Its the leave and time off

But I guess thats not important anymore. Watch that vanish. moohahahaha

wfh being normal will cause leave and time off to vanish. implying that we should fear wfh as it will cause other entitlements to be revoked (which may only apply to specifically where you live). this is the dumb take

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

you said:

wfh being normal will cause leave and time off to vanish. implying that we should fear wfh as it will cause other entitlements to be revoked (which may only apply to specifically where you live). this is the dumb take

oh please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajBHNFgEW6s

Billy Ray Blowjob fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Apr 28, 2022

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Okay so like, are you saying this as a fact or

Because it's been a policy at my last three jobs at this point. There's no office to even go to. Everything works just fine for literal millions of office workers

I'm a hiring manager and it's basically consensus at this point that you don't have a hope of getting a worthwhile candidate if full remote isn't an option

Employers are free to set the policies they want (lord know US labor laws won't stop them lmao) but it is and has been some real dinosaur rolodex poo poo and good luck attracting any decent hires, I guess

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I'm just genuinely trying to understand

Also Sisters of Mercy is v good

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

Okay so like, are you saying this as a fact or

Because it's been a policy at my last three jobs at this point. There's no office to even go to. Everything works just fine for literal millions of office workers

I'm a hiring manager it's basically consensus between me and my peers at this point that you don't have a hope of getting a worthwhile candidate if full remote isn't an option

Employers are free to set the policies they want (lord know US labor laws won't stop them lmao) but it is and has been some real dinosaur rolodex poo poo and good luck attracting any decent hires, I guess

Thats everywhere sorted...

Thanks

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Blooster posted:

Oh wow two monitors? What could adding a monitor in your home cost? Upwards of $130 dollars?

And your home has a cafeteria, it's called your kitchen. and a salad doesn't cost $13 there.

drat I didn’t know my kitchen stocked itself with fresh produce with different entrees from local vendors rotating daily. I have been owned thank you goon.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Sure but come on, the prospect of eating at a cafeteria isn't really a reason to go and sit in an office all day.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Thats everywhere sorted...

Thanks

Sure np.

I think up these useful and good posts on my rower machine, which I typically use in the morning in lieu of sitting in traffic with all the other poor saps :smug:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

AHH F/UGH posted:

Sure but come on, the prospect of eating at a cafeteria isn't really a reason to go and sit in an office all day.

Merck has a secret topless cafeteria with Time Crisis and ICEE machines.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Sure np.

I think up these useful and good posts on my rower machine, which I typically use in the morning in lieu of sitting in traffic with all the other poor saps :smug:

what kind of rowing machine do u got

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

drat man should have been in the office yesterday while i waited seven hours for someone to respond to a simple question with a link to a google document i hope they dont gently caress with my entitlements

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Those things are a good full body workout. One of the machines that I would basically always use when going to the gym

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

kntfkr posted:

what kind of rowing machine do u got

why, the Concept 2 of course!

The first and last word in rowing machines!

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
prostrate desperate guzzling the hot piss of someone who eludes to doing anything

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
i am working two jobs rn and I AM TOTALLY BOTTOMLESS

gonna put on some shoes and go to the judgement free zone

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

prostrate desperate guzzling the hot piss of someone who eludes to doing anything

go to sleep greg, you're drunk

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

A Fancy Hat posted:

Worked in the office yesterday - had a 50 minute commute, then spent half the day trying to chase down the people I was there to talk to, and had to poop in a bathroom that already smelled like poop.

Working from home today, it's not even 8 am and I'm further along with work than I was by noon yesterday. Plus I can poop in my own bathroom that smells slightly less like poop.

This, without any irony. Nothing worse than a tranquil work dump being interrupted by someone barging in and taking a giant crap four feet away from you, with grunting and smells and the sound of texting. And it's your boss. So you have to hurry up and get out before he does, otherwise there will be an awkward hand washing and post dump convo.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

why, the Concept 2 of course!

The first and last word in rowing machines!

Can I hook that up to my oculus and row far far away from here?

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Im working in the office today, but other people didnt do their poo poo so there is no need for me to be on site.

Gonna chill out and drink some more coffee, then bounce aroubd noon and finish day from home.

:gurf:

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica

go to sleep greg, you're drunk

No

I'm surprised by that amazing prose.

Also, No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zw7EHHc1ZI

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 26 days!
We are now at the spam youtube phase of Greg of Doom shitposting

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

We are now at the spam youtube phase of Greg of Doom shitposting

lol. PAeging seth to the thread lmfao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

they're desperate for everyone to go back to the office because they have nothing in their life but work and posting lol

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

imagine deriving your self worth from your job haha

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Our place is starting required 3 days per month. Not super bad. I try to go in once a week but it’s nice not being required to. Our regulatory body could require us to come back in a permanent capacity at any point so have to be prepared for that.

Inept
Jul 8, 2003

I really like not having to pack a lunch and eat at a desk

naem
May 29, 2011

The goblins at any company's HR department are so depraved and awful that I'm glad they have to look at gross vomit pictures, OP

I still don’t understand the hate for HR, they make sure the company follows laws. So the company doesn’t go under, so you get a paycheck. Yes, companies exist to earn profit. and you too work for, money. That’s how it works.

boar guy posted:

have you ever been on salary before

answering email for 30 minutes meets the definition of a full days' work, legally

conversely my email, Teams™️©, Skype etc are on my phone and I’m always not don’t be reunworking

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

naem posted:

I still don’t understand the hate for HR, they make sure the company follows laws. So the company doesn’t go under, so you get a paycheck. Yes, companies exist to earn profit. and you too work for, money. That’s how it works.

Sure, that's an ostensible function of HR

But in practice I've seen a lot of really sketchy poo poo in trying to railroad serious sexual harassment claims, employee silencing, cut corners, etc all the in the way of shielding your boss from repercussions.

I don't think this is that spicy of a take?

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

I swear some of you MFs would work at the company from Severance and love every second of it lmao

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

I swear some of you MFs would work at the company from Severance and love every second of it lmao

the people that hate going into the office would be the candidates for severance!

The worst part about pooping at work is the background noise. There isn’t any. loving dead silent as you wipe your anus with thin sandpaper while someone less than 5 feet away from you is forced to listen.

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug
You folks make Joan Severance sound like a really bad boss

lDDQD
Apr 16, 2006

Justin Credible posted:

Not only that, paying for the privilege of doing it, in gas/time spent commuting etc.

Psychopath behavior.

There's been some research that found that most people actually like commuting, so long as it's not unreasonably far. Eg: a 20-minute walk is preferable to 0.

Neurotypical behavior, if anything.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Sure, that's an ostensible function of HR

But in practice I've seen a lot of really sketchy poo poo in trying to railroad serious sexual harassment claims, employee silencing, cut corners, etc all the in the way of shielding your boss from repercussions.

I don't think this is that spicy of a take?

Well no it's not but that's not what was said, you said HR at "any" company. It's like companies themselves, they vary. Some are poo poo to work at some are good. People raging at other people's wfh preferences are acting like everyone is in their exact same situation, which is weird and dumb.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

lDDQD posted:

There's been some research that found that most people actually like commuting, so long as it's not unreasonably far. Eg: a 20-minute walk is preferable to 0.

Neurotypical behavior, if anything.

???

https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/commuting-kills-productivity-and-your-best-talent-suffers-most
When measuring the number and quality of patented inventions by high-tech inventors, Wu and his colleagues found that for every 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) of added travel distance, the firm employing those inventors registered 5 percent fewer patents. The quality of the patents took an even bigger dive, dropping 7 percent with every 6.2 miles added to the inventors’ commute. <- even from a purely capitalist perspective of innovation in companies

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/01441647.2019.1649317
People who walk or cycle to work are generally more satisfied with their commute than those who travel by car and especially those who use public transport. Satisfaction decreases with duration of commute, regardless of mode used, and increases when travelling with company. After the journey, evidence shows that the commute experience “spills over” into how people feel and perform at work and home.

https://www.inc.com/business-insider/study-reveals-commute-time-impacts-job-satisfaction.html
Adding 20 Minutes to Your Commute Makes You as Miserable as Getting a 19 Percent Pay Cut

Like, I mean at least quote whatever you're referencing so we can see what ghoulish capital funded it.

This was 2 minutes of low effort search and copy+pasting. Come on.

Justin Credible fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 28, 2022

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

putin is a oval office posted:

Well no it's not but that's not what was said, you said HR at "any" company. It's like companies themselves, they vary. Some are poo poo to work at some are good. People raging at other people's wfh preferences are acting like everyone is in their exact same situation, which is weird and dumb.

goons are noted for their empathy and ability to consider the circumstances of others

hr is universally bad though

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

hr is universally bad though

From personal experience I very much disagree but I don't think I'm going to change your mind so we'll agree to disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

kntfkr posted:

Merck has a secret topless cafeteria with Time Crisis and ICEE machines.

HR keeps writing me up and saying "that's not how the topless cafeteria works, nobody wants to see that and you are ruining their lunches."

I'm taking this to the human rights tribunal.