Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

this made me lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/AlbertBreer/status/1787532836318150711

quote:

“Two former coaches that were at Oklahoma were like, ‘Man, I watched his kid carefully, what a great teammate, he’d take the time to call defensive coaches and get a perspective of his game so he can adapt and adjust his game and get stronger.’ I’m looking at Ian and Flus and I’m like, If you duped this many people, you’re a psychopath. It was too consistent.”

Just gonna file this one away lmao

Dexo fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 6, 2024

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Packers already had a decent pass rushing group, the front 4 are gonna be fun to watch now with the extra aggression.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Hot Diggity! posted:

TE Messiah Swinson, Arizona State

I am adding him to my all Holy Man team!
1. Priest Holmes
2. Bishop Sankey
3. Budda Baker
4. Muhammed Wilkerson (lots of choices here).
5. Leonard Pope
6. Art Monk
7. Deacon Jones.

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019
Muhsin Muhammad would be the best choice imho.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

adonai mitchell

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Report: Payton, Broncos Randomly Ranked QBs on NFL Draft Board to Hide Bo Nix Target

"head coach Sean Payton and the rest of Denver's front office had the quarterbacks in the 2024 class listed in "no particular order" on their draft board in order to "prevent any sort of bias in discussion and also, simply, to keep the brass' secret.'"
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...=topic%2Fsports

This plus the whole "we totally tricked the vikings and got the QB we wanted, for real" is so hilariously, transparently, bullshit.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Yeah, it's all BS. After the Vikes pick Denver had no choice of the expected higher level QB's other than Nix. They got out bid by Minnesota and are trying to save face in the most desperate way possible.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

It is possible that the Broncos were dumb enough to think other teams had Nix high. The Bears once thought everyone would trade up for Trubisky. The real concern is when your FO starts acting like the Ryan Pace Bears.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
“No, we said he was dogshit as a cunning strategy!” is sure one approach to take

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
We said he sucks and they all believed it. Heh. Rubes.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

The Broncos do seem like a dumb team in general

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I, for one, cannot wait for Zach Wilson to win the camp battle vs Nix.

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I, for one, cannot wait for Zach Wilson to win the camp battle vs Nix.

Zach Wilson and Bo nix are the same age if you want to have another hearty laugh

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Don't draft 5 year starters everrrrr

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Dexo posted:

Lol Falcons

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Also my orange Caleb Williams jersey shipped! I jumped the gun and bought one, and I’m sure nothing will work out, but I’m going to enjoy the gently caress out of it while I can.

(And I hadn’t bought a new jersey of any kind for probably 6 or 7 years)

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Canned Sunshine posted:

Also my orange Caleb Williams jersey shipped! I jumped the gun and bought one, and I’m sure nothing will work out, but I’m going to enjoy the gently caress out of it while I can.

I saw a dude in San Diego with a Ryan Leaf jersey and thought it was pretty cool, so maybe the jersey will still have value if Caleb is a bust

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I saw a dude in San Diego with a Ryan Leaf jersey and thought it was pretty cool, so maybe the jersey will still have value if Caleb is a bust

I feel like it's more valuable in that case. Future meme potential

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Dexo posted:

Michael Penix Jr. is 23 years old as a Rookie, and Jordan Love is 25 years old going into Year 5 in the NFL. Good lord.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Technically Penix isn't a 5 year starter, Falcons light years ahead

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Technically Penix isn't a 5 year starter, Falcons light years ahead

Isn't he a 6 year starter(albeit with injuries) lmao?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dexo posted:

Isn't he a 6 year starter(albeit with injuries) lmao?

yep!

light years

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Play posted:

I feel like it's more valuable in that case. Future meme potential

This made me think of all the people who bought OWEN #16 Lions jerseys in 2008

ZombieCrew
Apr 1, 2019

Canned Sunshine posted:

Im still rockin my urlacher jersey my dad got me in '02. I wish he didnt end up being a chud with hair, but the jersey has sentimental value.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
https://x.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1787940097452630199

The GOAT and some QB who played at Tennessee with a big forehead..

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The only Lions jerseys I've owned are Joey Harrington (lol) and an oversized Ndamukong Suh. My dad only had his own Harrington and a Stephen Boyd jersey (where my 90s/early 00s white middle linebacker heads at), so for Christmas I decided to get him a new jersey. The best bet I could find that was in stock was an away David Montgomery which he traded in for a home Jahmyr Gibbs. I got a really nice shirt with the '50s skinny Lion logo that I'm wearing right now.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
My Lions jerseys are: Charles Rogers home, Roy Williams road and a Calvin Johnson home one. I've also got some royal blue UCLA jersey that my parents got on a west coast holiday that I have no clue about its origins

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Too buy a jersey is to pay a billionaire real money in order to garuntee your favorite sportsman turns into a pumpkin

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

My dad is utterly cursed when it comes to Bears jerseys, he got Brandon Marshall's jersey for Christmas and Marshall left that offseason. He got Khalil Mack's jersey for Christmas and Mack left that offseason. This past Christmas he got me a DJ Moore jersey (our surname), and treated himself to a Justin Fields jersey.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

never buy jerseys for current players

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
I have 3 jerseys.

Dick Butkus
Charles Tillman
Michael Haynes (the gently caress?)

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

SKULL.GIF posted:

never buy jerseys for current players

Alternatively buy it and wear it for the next ten years regardless of who is on the team

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
*furtively hides collection of Glenn 'Big Dog' Robinson rookie cards*

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

Alternatively buy it and wear it for the next ten years regardless of who is on the team

Or do the pro move of covering the name in masking tape with the current wearer of that number on it. I saw a handful of "Jameson Williams" jerseys that were clearly Staffords at the game I went to.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

imagine unironically buying the jersey for a bears quarterback. stunning.

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

CharlestheHammer posted:

this is how i do it; I still do occasional basketball pickup games in my Jimmy Buckets bulls Jersey

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Looked to see if there was a Onesie for my kid, but none available, that way at least if Caleb is embarrasing it will no longer fit after a year or so

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

hitting the boys are back in town riff
https://x.com/ruthiepolinsky/status/1787991803108401276

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Ultra Carp
I've got:

-Knockoff Stafford jersey that's black with an American flag pattern in the number (It's the most obnoxiously American thing I own and I love it)
-Calvin Johnson (Naturally)
-Kenny Golladay (He was good on the Lions!)

I have been debating about getting another jersey at some point. Sun God rules, obviously, and since I live on a Pacific island Penei would also be a good choice...