Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I dunno home cooking feels like drug grandson to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
My vote is for grandson/assistant rather than boy toy, but I’ve been wrong before.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

This is a brilliant new subplot.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

A SWEATY FATBEARD posted:

Today I finally found out where these tramadol pills are coming from: a corrupt gp is writing phony prescriptions and refills to herself, later picking the drugs up at a pharmacy and selling them to drug baba for $8 apiece. :ughh:

Isn’t that a shitload of money in Croatia? I remember you writing about how there are no jobs, and the jobs people can get often just decide not to pay. For some reason, I was thinking you were scoring pills for like $.50 each. Maybe that’s because I remember you getting high all the time even when your income was mostly from recycling bottles, and I figured that meant the drugs must be cheap.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

:buddy: GAY 4 ORGANS :buddy:

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Isn’t that a shitload of money in Croatia? I remember you writing about how there are no jobs, and the jobs people can get often just decide not to pay. For some reason, I was thinking you were scoring pills for like $.50 each. Maybe that’s because I remember you getting high all the time even when your income was mostly from recycling bottles, and I figured that meant the drugs must be cheap.

Drug Baba charges ten bucks for fifty 75mg tramadol pills, which is a totally sweet deal. 5mg valiums cost $6 for a 30-pill pack. I decided to stop buying these drugs because I have a legit script for both of those and my health insurance covers them, which means that I can get my trams and valiums for free. And there's no sweetest deal than getting something for free, right? :)

By the way, health insurance with all the bells and whistles costs me eleven bucks per month. I'd be a fool not to take it when it's so bloody cheap, and this insurance covers nearly all the meds, hospital stays and surgeries, everything. I pay around 130 bucks once a year when I'm extending the insurance policy and I'm home free for the whole year, and everybody would agree that $130 per year is a bargain when you consider all the good things it buys for you. :) :tito:

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

I remember you writing about how there are no jobs

There are now plenty of jobs, the bigger problem is that there are no more people.

EvilJay
Jul 25, 2005

Drug Baba charges ten bucks for fifty 75mg tramadol pills, which is a totally sweet deal. 5mg valiums cost $6 for a 30-pill pack.

This is less than my copay in the US; I've taken both and I have government insurance.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

EvilJay posted:

This is less than my copay in the US; I've taken both and I have government insurance.

Yes, but the average monthly salary in Croatio is like 800€.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Lol $130 a year for top-tier insurance that just straight covers all the meds and hospitals and stuff, no copay :d2a:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

a haaaaaaaaa insurance for my wife and kid and i is $1600 a month and we still have a 5k deductible a haaaaaaaaa

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Yes America is very bad.

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
a/t about croatia

a: is croatia better than the us
t: yes

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i dunno man croatia looks kinda grim unless you wanna tweak like 18 hours a day, every day

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo
well based on the last string of posts it sounds a lil better for not dying

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

take the moon posted:

well based on the last string of posts it sounds a lil better for not dying

i mean yeah if you care about that

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Crazycryodude posted:

Lol $130 a year for top-tier insurance that just straight covers all the meds and hospitals and stuff, no copay :d2a:

Dental stuff is covered as well, forgot to mention that. I had two impacted wisdom teeth chiseled and extracted for free, too. (Also the doctor did a helluva good job)

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort
It's pretty good if you need regular stuff and live in Zagreb. If you're for instance in Split and need an MR, you'll wait more than a year.

Nova69
Jul 12, 2012

Am I imaginign things or was there a video of Mr Weed talking that was going to be uploaded but was waiting on translation? We ever gonna see that?

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
He’s uploaded a few videos, but none had translation. I’m fond of the one where he gives a tour of an apartment.

The trip to uncle Bruno’s was memorable too

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

And there's no sweetest deal than getting something for free, right? :)

That is true.

By the way, health insurance with all the bells and whistles costs me eleven bucks per month. I'd be a fool not to take it when it's so bloody cheap, and this insurance covers nearly all the meds, hospital stays and surgeries, everything. I pay around 130 bucks once a year when I'm extending the insurance policy and I'm home free for the whole year, and everybody would agree that $130 per year is a bargain when you consider all the good things it buys for you. :) :tito:

I had surgery, last week, and I went to the dentist, today. I will be lucky to have paid for those by this time in 2021, and I need at least two more surgeries this year. My Tramadol also costs me about 20x what yours costs you, but I never actually take them, so now I have a bunch of wasted money sitting in pill bottles in my bathroom.

Doctor Malaver posted:

There are now plenty of jobs, the bigger problem is that there are no more people.

Things change fast. I don’t think it was more than two years ago that A Sweaty Fatbeard was talking about Croatians not getting paid for work because businesses were basically immune to consequences. No one could afford to fight, and the courts were backed up for years. I think that was the story.

AlbieQuirky posted:

Yes, but the average monthly salary in Croatio is like 800€.

Lol, I just noticed the thread title. I’ve had like four thread titles in fourteen years, and three of them have been in A Sweaty Fatbeard’s threads.

Speaking of these threads, someone in GBS is doing a dramatic reading of this one:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3886457

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Things change fast. I don’t think it was more than two years ago that A Sweaty Fatbeard was talking about Croatians not getting paid for work because businesses were basically immune to consequences. No one could afford to fight, and the courts were backed up for years. I think that was the story.

Yeah, that was the thing until we joined EU and everyone and their brother hosed off to Germany or Ireland. And suddenly, look, businesses somehow found a way to pay workers more than minimum wage and work them less than 60 hour weekly. How strange.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Dr.Caligari posted:

He’s uploaded a few videos, but none had translation. I’m fond of the one where he gives a tour of an apartment.

The trip to uncle Bruno’s was memorable too

The problem with mr weeds videos is that he's mumbling unintelligibly downwards (ie away from the camera) and I understand only around 20% of his words in his videos. I actually asked him to tell me just what the hell he was speaking in the video, and not even he understood his recorded speech. How am I going to translate those vids when the audio is unintelligible?

I have two videos with mr weed. He talks about prejudice he's facing as a metalhead in the first one, and in another he's showing how to roll a joint. Audio is somewhat better in the latter, but still a pain to listen. We have to buy a decent microphone I guess, because we are getting nowhere the way we're recording now.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

boar guy posted:

i dunno man croatia looks kinda grim unless you wanna tweak like 18 hours a day, every day

Isn't that like ALL of middle America, only the meth costs 19x as much, and when you end up blitzed out of your gourd and inevitably do something stupid like dislocating you shoulder because you opened a door by just running through it instead of using the key around your neck you have to forfeit whatever worldly possessions you haven't already sold for meth in order to get seen by a doctor.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

Gervasius posted:

Yeah, that was the thing until we joined EU and everyone and their brother hosed off to Germany or Ireland. And suddenly, look, businesses somehow found a way to pay workers more than minimum wage and work them less than 60 hour weekly. How strange.

Oh, poo poo. Now that you mention it, I do remember that being discussed. I guess that's an overall improvement, though, isn't it?

He talks about prejudice he's facing as a metalhead in the first one

Is that as hilarious as it sounds? I'm imagining semi-comprehensible rambling about imaginary slights and oppression.

I think you know Goons will buy you a microphone if that's the only problem. I'll bet we'd even get you some nice clip-ons.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Goons will absolutely fund the A Sweaty Fatbeard episodic internet show found exclusively on Something Awful website dot internet . com/ forum via YouTube world wide web

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

A video where your sub what you can understand then replace everything you can't with [unintelligible mumbling] [???] [WHAT?] and whatever other funny stand in for I can't understand this recording could be pretty entertaining. For different reasons than the footage was shot but you should be able to salvage it.

What type of video are you doing? I'm picturing these as pretty casual sitting at a table type of deal where a single conference mic would probably make the most sense instead of attempting to hook 2 tie clip mics or 2 desk mics up to a phone. Because 2 mics starts requiring additional hardware and we just want something better than a bad phone mic.

Mill Town
Apr 17, 2006

Oh man you can get a sweet clean furnished sunny one-bedroom apartment in Zagreb for 300€ per month.

Even if I only had an $800€/month salary I would save so much per month on booze and drugs compared to Canada I'd come out ahead.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Mill Town posted:

Oh man you can get a sweet clean furnished sunny one-bedroom apartment in Zagreb for 300€ per month.

Even if I only had an $800€/month salary I would save so much per month on booze and drugs compared to Canada I'd come out ahead.

There is going to be there weirdest goddamn exodus from the West to all over the former USSR, like a reverse Cold War situation, only it'll be a bunch of drug addicts and thrill-seeking goons who appreciate the value of a dollar in Eastern Europe, and I, for one, cannot wait to bear witness.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Bobbie Wickham posted:

There is going to be there weirdest goddamn exodus from the West to all over the former USSR, like a reverse Cold War situation, only it'll be a bunch of drug addicts and thrill-seeking goons who appreciate the value of a dollar in Eastern Europe, and I, for one, cannot wait to bear witness.

It already happened in East and Southeast Asia when a bunch of people graduated from university between 2000-2010 with meaningless degrees and no desire to live in their parents' basements. And it's been a hell of a ride.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu4BjivBHVo

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

This is what goons actually believe.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Bobbie Wickham posted:

They’ll be just in time to save all the landlords that kicked out working class families to make place for AirBnB day rentals, alas.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Take the plunge! Okay! posted:

They’ll be just in time to save all the landlords that kicked out working class families to make place for AirBnB day rentals, alas.

No edit in e/n LMAO. I meant to add the landlords are going bust due to oversupply. But not ASF, he’s one of the decent ones.

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

Atlas Hugged posted:

It already happened in East and Southeast Asia when a bunch of people graduated from university between 2000-2010 with meaningless degrees and no desire to live in their parents' basements. And it's been a hell of a ride.

This will be far more weird.

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

pixaal posted:

A video where your sub what you can understand then replace everything you can't with [unintelligible mumbling] [???] [WHAT?] and whatever other funny stand in for I can't understand this recording could be pretty entertaining. For different reasons than the footage was shot but you should be able to salvage it.

Here, have a video of Mr Weed doing his thing. I filmed this a few months ago, we have since equipped ourselves with weed grinders. I must warn you that the video is not a pinnacle of humor, just two stoners, camera and a joint. Don't forget to turn on the subtitles - took me two hours to time this poo poo. Translation and writing is easy enough, but subtitle timing is a royal pain in the rear end and I want to avoid it as much as possible because it's tedious and fiddly work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJgz0a49gXY

pixaal posted:

What type of video are you doing? I'm picturing these as pretty casual sitting at a table type of deal where a single conference mic would probably make the most sense instead of attempting to hook 2 tie clip mics or 2 desk mics up to a phone. Because 2 mics starts requiring additional hardware and we just want something better than a bad phone mic.

We're sort of doing casual kitchen videos. The cellphone camera is good enough for this, but the acoustics are really bad when Mr Weed picks up his guitar - the camera mic is simply not capable of catching all the sounds without clipping and distortion. We thought about getting a camera that has a 3.5mm audio input so that we could plug in a discrete microphone into it. But let's be realistic - it's just not gonna happen because we have better things to do rather than shoot inane stoner ramblings. And then I'd have to spend a few hours subtitling the drat thing which is painful for a number of reasons. This video I linked took me two hours to get right.

That being said, I really really need to get a job. This constant state of leisure is killing me on the inside. I love working, but it's hard for me to find a job I'm compatible with. :negative:

A SWEATY FATBEARD
Oct 6, 2012

Oh, I forgot to mention that I'm idling in e/n discord under wet.dog nick, goons have invited me so I'm there.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I salute you for subtitling your videos!

Millow
Apr 30, 2006

some say he's a rude dude with a crude 'tude
Mr. Weed looks even weedier than I imagined

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe
First of all, I love that Mr. Weed introduced himself as such. Also this video reminds me of learning how to roll spliffs from a European boyfriend, except we were using nail scissors to cut up hash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Does Mr. Weed know the inside out rolling technique as well?