Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Wuxi posted:

I'm wasting valuable tournament time to upload this, so Ou better be awestruck.

You have an SSJ3 Goku I'm awestruck.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Just hit rank 9222.
I'm waiting desperately for a Popo, so I can awaken Teq Roshi then Dokkan him to replace Android 13. I have a real dearth of Teq units, but at least Roshi links a little better with my team.

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 20, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Please use timg

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Sorry, that's what I get for phone posting in a hurry.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

This is my current team, just swapped Kid Trunks in to sub for the PHY, non-Super Saiyan Resurrection F Vegeta, since he's max level and Z-Awakened, and Kid Trunks isn't.

One day, I would like to have SS3 Goku, and the INT SS Future Trunks, but this is good for now.
I've got a Z Fighters team, though it's considerably less impressive, a general rainbow team lead by the STR Saiyawoman, and I was going to try for a Turtle School team until I realized what slim pickings that was, so it's a Kamehameha team instead.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Here's my original Team Goku Time. I just pulled the SS3 Goku and a SSR Physical Vegeta that you guys are saying is really good. I should probably dump a Goku. I'm mainly using the Tournament as a way to level up fast. And to get multiple copies of Bandages the Mummy.

Rudoku fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Dec 20, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

not enough ginyu force teams itt

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Kelp Plankton posted:

not enough ginyu force teams itt

I'd have one if they ever loving appeared.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
This tournament is great fodder for leveling up URs.

Was able to get my SSJ PHY Vegeta up to 80 using training partners and items, and the tournament so far has pushed him up to level 90.

And I finally caved and bought stones using a gift card for this, even though it hands out stones like candy.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here's my team:

Perhaps not the best synergy, but I've had absolutely zero problems in the tournament so far.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Ginyu Force Rules

Everyone has at least 3 super attack, recoome and Jeice have like 7, Bardock is the lone guy at 1 because SSR

Wrecks everyone in the tourney, tons of supers especially on Burter. Lots of fun

They need to release Ginyu (Goku) or Ginyu (Tagoma) so I can run a full team though

I've got a nice full rainbow UR team waiting for me to level up enough to to afford running them all, this tourney is helping with that a lot

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Kelp Plankton posted:

Ginyu Force Rules

Everyone has at least 3 super attack, recoome and Jeice have like 7, Bardock is the lone guy at 1 because SSR

Wrecks everyone in the tourney, tons of supers especially on Burter. Lots of fun

They need to release Ginyu (Goku) or Ginyu (Tagoma) so I can run a full team though

I've got a nice full rainbow UR team waiting for me to level up enough to to afford running them all, this tourney is helping with that a lot

I traded Bardock and Ginyu for Great Saiyaman #1 and #2. Works really well. If I had the Gregory medals for Gohan, I'd probably use them.

Did a Ginyu run, just for you. Pretty close on points.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Dec 20, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Yeah I want to swap out Bardock for one of those but I kind of stopped playing until the tourney hit so I dont have the saiyamans yet.

Need to see how my Frieza team fares too once I get off work

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Made it to Beerus tier. Hopefully that's enough for 5000+.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Dammit, I hosed up and lost a tournament for the first time. That's a few hours setback I didn't need.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

I'm hurting for Popo and Roshi medals

Squallege fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Dec 20, 2015

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

I've actually had some luck with this game finally! With the summon tickets from the tournament I got an SR Bulma, then an SR Devilman and then finally the SSR Kid Goku. It looks better than my SSR AGI Goku at least.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

70 wins! Can I maintain the effort to get to 100?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Cozz posted:

Go for it! Do the thing! Win the points!

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tribladeofchaos posted:

I've actually had some luck with this game finally! With the summon tickets from the tournament I got an SR Bulma, then an SR Devilman and then finally the SSR Kid Goku. It looks better than my SSR AGI Goku at least.

I'm jealous of anyone who got something good from the DB set.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Got Bandages, the Ninja and the Vampire. Thats good, right? :ohdear:

Cozz posted:

100 wins is insane and I'm both amazed and jealous as gently caress that you're already so close

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Echophonic posted:

I got SR Yamcha, who looks like he's a decent PHY SR.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, most of the SRs seem pretty good. I got that absurd-looking AGL Tien. Maybe I'll do a Crane School AGL team or something. Hoping to get Bulma or Oolong with my gold ticket, assuming I still manage to get one.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Wuxi posted:

Got Bandages, the Ninja and the Vampire. Thats good, right? :ohdear:

100 wins is insane and I'm both amazed and jealous as gently caress that you're already so close

I've spent ALL weekend playing this game, and using a bunch of dragon stones. I don't know if that's something to be amazed or jealous of.

Also of note, I need 220 Gregories to awaken 4 SSR's and a 1 SR since I currently have 0. Meanwhile I"m still at 414 Bubbles and 160 Gero's.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I've spent ALL weekend playing this game, and using a bunch of dragon stones. I don't know if that's something to be amazed or jealous of.

Also of note, I need 220 Gregories to awaken 4 SSR's and a 1 SR since I currently have 0. Meanwhile I"m still at 414 Bubbles and 160 Gero's.

I have 30 and need just as many. I've been putting off Z-Awakening Majin Buu and Kaioken Goku for like 6 weeks since I've needed the Gregories for other stuff.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Echophonic posted:

I have 30 and need just as many. I've been putting off Z-Awakening Majin Buu and Kaioken Goku for like 6 weeks since I've needed the Gregories for other stuff.

I hope the trading post that they're going to implement alleviates some of these imbalances. Or at least allow me to trade in my 100+ Resurection F medals that were only able to be used on two character.

I was able to get to 83 wins, and going to do one more preliminary so when I'm able to start again tomorrow, I'm able to conserve some stamina on a tournament or two. I don't think I'll be able to crack 250 (I'm at 317 right now, and now I'm going to be much lower when I start tomorrow).

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

My goal is still 5000, although I wouldn't say no to 1000. Not going to happen though.

There is this one guy with a full TEQ team thats driving me nuts. Whenever I pick a AGL leader that team is lurking around the corner, forcing me to use items

Dub Step Dad
Dec 29, 2008
I know I might be a little bit late but here's my Frieza team

The only reason Xeno Trunks is in there is because He's the only SSR I've ever pulled from a multi-summon and Pikkon is there because he's the best AGL character I have right now who can link with some other characters.

So unfortunately the night prior to the tournament starting I had finally saved up 50 dragon stones after weeks of saving up and then spent it all on a multi-summon. The good news was that I got one of my Friezas that way, the bad news is that although I'm doing well in the tournament (33 wins, hovering around rank 5000) I don't know if I'll be able to keep up this pace for much longer. I could really use those 50 dragon stones right about now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Ooh, Grandpa Gohan coming up.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

My goal is still 5000, although I wouldn't say no to 1000. Not going to happen though.

There is this one guy with a full TEQ team thats driving me nuts. Whenever I pick a AGL leader that team is lurking around the corner, forcing me to use items

That seems to be another advantage to really high team cost. I only see mono teams when I'm running my Ginyus. If I'm going full UR, it's always rainbow teams.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Aurora posted:

Ooh, Grandpa Gohan coming up.

Finally the last piece to a really nice STR Kamehameha-team. Go die in a fire Cyborg Tao.
A full SR team with Gohan/Stroku/Yamcha/Roshi/Max-Power Roshi will be sooo good.

Echophonic posted:

That seems to be another advantage to really high team cost. I only see mono teams when I'm running my Ginyus. If I'm going full UR, it's always rainbow teams.

I broke into Beerus tier with ~10 wins more than you. Having a full UR team is such a big boon when going for top1000

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Finally hit that Beerus tier. Pretty happy with where I ended up, just want to be in that 1-5000 area.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Will the Freiza medal event ever come back? Or Bardock's?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Late to the party but here's my team:

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Agoat posted:

Will the Freiza medal event ever come back? Or Bardock's?

Bardock's was just back recently, so Frieza should be back around sometime. Events prettymuch always get repeated. This is the 4th? time we've seen Saiyan Warrior Race. Seems like they don't go as long on repeats, though.

I didn't realize Super Buu was as cool as he is. TEQ Atk +50% when I have Beerus, Majin Vegeta, SSR Frieza, and SSJ2 Goku? Yes please.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Dec 21, 2015

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I imagine it's so that all the newcomers get a chance at old content, and it lets them pad out their schedule.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I imagine it's so that all the newcomers get a chance at old content, and it lets them pad out their schedule.

Yeah. Also helps longer-time players get a break to work on gathering medals or working on story content. I definitely prefer it this way.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Echophonic posted:

Yeah. Also helps longer-time players get a break to work on gathering medals or working on story content. I definitely prefer it this way.

I still haven't finish the main story on Hard. I was hoping to save those stones for a rate up event, so now, then the Tournament came up. Part of me wants to blast through the story to get a shot at SSJ 3 Goku, then again I should probably save those stones for future SSR's / UR's.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Webbeh posted:

Finally hit that Beerus tier. Pretty happy with where I ended up, just want to be in that 1-5000 area.

Geez, I'll be happy to get into the top 20k, let alone the single-thousands.
Haven't had as much time to play as I'd like though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

How many wins did it take to hit Beerus tier? I'm feeling like I won't make it much past 30, since I'm just about out of Stones.