Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Look I heard Dark Souls was hard so I thought getting two-hit by these monsters I can barely damage was fully intentional, okay?

This is me but I powered through long enough to get to a campfire and couldn't go back without getting ganked by archers lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was cleaning and found a shoebox full of ancient games like Aria of Sorrow and Sacred Stones for GBA, and also the PS1 Megaman X games. Do people actually buy those for hundreds of dollars or are eBayers just dumb because even though I loved them as a kid those games were distinctly average even back then.

I mean, really?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

i only beat dark souls once, and on my third try of O+S i summoned help and the dude was a hacker who oneshot the bosses

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

corn in the bible posted:

It's so dead that it's still running and games use it

Yes, but it will never again be included in a new game. Future generations will be forever free from its tyranny.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

I like the big dog boss fight

That also a really nice fight. If you complete the DLC first you get a different cutscene where he knows you and doesn't want to fight, but has to protect his master's grave at any cost. So many gaming feels ...

Mike the TV posted:

This is me but I powered through long enough to get to a campfire and couldn't go back without getting ganked by archers lol.

If you ever want to go back and redeem your gaming honour, one of the best games of last gen is still there waiting

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

On the bright side, GFWL is long dead at this point.

I remember like 5 years ago the Age of Empires 3 complete collection was :airquote:accidentally:airquote: on sale for 10 cents and that is the first and literal only time I used GFWL to purchase a video game.

The literal only time I used GFWL to play a video game was when I played AOE3 for like 20 minutes after buying it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I bought Bulletstorm in a steam sale a while back and it's literally unplayable out the box due to GFWL, seems pretty messed up

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

A Steampunk Gent posted:

I bought Bulletstorm in a steam sale a while back and it's literally unplayable out the box due to GFWL, seems pretty messed up

Did it refuse to load for you cause i tried playing it yesterday and it wouldnt start

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pierson posted:

I was cleaning and found a shoebox full of ancient games like Aria of Sorrow and Sacred Stones for GBA, and also the PS1 Megaman X games. Do people actually buy those for hundreds of dollars or are eBayers just dumb because even though I loved them as a kid those games were distinctly average even back then.

I mean, really?
You talking poo poo about Aria of Sorrow?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Did it refuse to load for you cause i tried playing it yesterday and it wouldnt start

Yeah it just didn't work, apparently there's a workaround now but I feel like steam shouldn't be selling games which don't work without third party tools

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

A Steampunk Gent posted:

If you ever want to go back and redeem your gaming honour, one of the best games of last gen is still there waiting

Oh I've beaten skyrim a bunch of times.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Accordion Man posted:

You talking poo poo about Aria of Sorrow?
I didn't type that out very well. I loved Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, the 'average' comment was aimed at the Megaman X games, which I recall were inconsistent as gently caress.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Pierson posted:

I didn't type that out very well. I loved Aria/Dawn of Sorrow, the 'average' comment was aimed at the Megaman X games, which I recall were inconsistent as gently caress.
Ah yeah, the PS1 Megaman X games aren't very good.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Mike the TV posted:

Oh I've beaten skyrim a bunch of times.

Dear me

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
X4s cutscenes were loving incredible thou

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK1fQ-Eqwsk

D:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

A Steampunk Gent posted:

Yeah it just didn't work, apparently there's a workaround now but I feel like steam shouldn't be selling games which don't work without third party tools

They not only put Arkham Knight up for sale again before it was fixed, they put it in some bundle to trick people into buying it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Broseph Brostar posted:

They not only put Arkham Knight up for sale again before it was fixed, they put it in some bundle to trick people into buying it.

yeah the bundle page didn't show any of the base game's negative comments

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Pierson posted:

D:

What am I fighting foreggfffssdbnjhffgh

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pierson posted:

D:

all of the playstation era mega man games had god tier voice acting imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ_FSVWR6ZE

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Broseph Brostar posted:

Real hurthling! posted:

yeah the bundle page didn't show any of the base game's negative comments

Oh yeah that was really dirty. I appreciate some crap will slip through greenlight but for publisher released games there really should be some basic QA oversight to ensure the games they are selling through their storefront actually work

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
X3 and X4 are fine, the X series doesn't really go to poo poo until 5

lol the related on that mmx4 video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZdEZSsIZIs

Baku fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 29, 2015

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!
All this talk of Dark Souls makes me want to give it another shot, I only got up to about Blighttown before. What kind of character should I build?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Adam Bowen posted:

All this talk of Dark Souls makes me want to give it another shot, I only got up to about Blighttown before. What kind of character should I build?

Dex or Str are probably the easiest imo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

magic builds have a pretty easy time blowing through the game provided you know where the npcs you need are.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

shield+sword is the lazy/bad at action games way

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Looper posted:

Dex or Str are probably the easiest imo
dex builds are the hardest, generally speaking
magic and/or shield does trivialize game to a ridiculous extent

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Lurdiak posted:

I really hope this (Shakedown Hawaii) comes to Steam eventually.

probably 100% chance. I see retro city rampage going on sale on steam sales and stuff all the time.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

It's kinda hard to go wrong in Dark Souls 1 unless you dump everything into resistance or something. Whatever you pick try to have a ranged option as well for luring enemies out of tricky situations or outright killing them.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Lurdiak posted:

I really hope this comes to Steam eventually.

There's a nintendo and the steam logo on the official website.

http://www.vblank.com/ShakedownHawaii/ <- bottom of the page

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

kalstrams posted:

If you know how to dodge, dex is the easiest because aside from some very specific builds, it has the highest dps.

Strength is pretty darn good for not bothering with dodge/parry though since most enemies can be flattened.

Basically, dex owns bosses, strength owns mooks. My favourite is Faith with a mace and shield if you want.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Nasgate posted:

If you know how to dodge, dex is the easiest because aside from some very specific builds, it has the highest dps.
if adam knew how to play, he wouldn't have this question. you can complete the game without any build at all, if you know how to play

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
what the fark is wrong with my avatar's colors, it's like they inverted or something

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Zombies' Downfall posted:

what the fark is wrong with my avatar's colors, it's like they inverted or something
your vintage pokemon looks ok tbqf

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Adam Bowen posted:

I'm having fun with a basic sword/shield warrior. It's nice not to have to worry about where to find magic or anything, and most of the stuff you find supports that pretty well.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

kalstrams posted:

oh

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Oh cutman, one day they'll need you to fight a rope and you'll shine on that day

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I did that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Good thread.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7dSJN5LgsE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

kalstrams posted:

if adam knew how to play, he wouldn't have this question. you can complete the game without any build at all, if you know how to play

Knowing how to dodge isn't much of a skill, compared to parrying or stamina management it's super easy.

Also you said dex is hardest which is only true depending on the player. I beat the game many times, and my strength run was way harder to me than my Ryu run (fist and fireball only)

In general though, if you get the gargoyle halberd to drop from the gargoyles, use that. Easily the most versatile and strong weapon easily acquired.

• Locked thread