Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Significant Ant
Jun 14, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Who What Now posted:

Tried hard doing what, exactly? Tried hard to say they tried hard?

Make classes on sexual harassment and sex discrimination mandatory across the board with retraining every year. Had women sit down with the professors and GTAs to talk about sex discrimination and why its bad and when it can be noticed. They talked about microaggressions worked and how they can lead to a toxic environment. They taught us how to interact with them both as peers and students.

There were also the legal ramifications on top of it.

Monetarily, there were good fellowship programs in the university exclusively for women and minorities who were interested in academia that both covered tuition and left them with a pretty juicy stipend.

I don’t honestly know what the university could have done better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Significant Ant posted:

lol there are no women in my engineering department and this has been true almost across the board for like three entirely different universities for me

women still refuse to study it even though they can get better scholarships and better funding across the board

Same. All of my women coworkers are there as supplemental income to the larger income in their house. I'm not sure where those 46% of bread winning women are but they're definitely not in software in the Seattle area

Pick posted:

I know a lot of women who were in STEM, even engineering specifically, who left, because you guys are loving terrible.

Also, we get paid more to manage you :shrug:.

I will say though that there are a lot of women managers in software so you might be on to something

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 24, 2017

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Why is significant ant posting here and what is he trying to say? Truly a mystery for the ages

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Can we go back to laughing at canthal tilts please

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I agree with this. Post more funny .

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
RE: The last two pages of conversation that belong in a different thread.

Dear god, shut up.

Here:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

MarcusSA posted:

I agree with this. Post more funny .

Ok

Guy hears imitation of crow that reminds him that he'll nevermore get laid

quote:

Almost went an entire day without people commenting on my appearance/laughing (or at least I didn't notice it).

u/BasedTruecel

Then as I was leaving work, I turned my head to talk to a coworker, turned back, and I saw this group of 16 year old Chads cracking up. Then 10 seconds after I walked out of the door, one of them made a CU CAH! sound (like a crow or something).

THIS normies, right here, is why I loving hate every loving living soul. This is the poo poo I have to put up with every day. This is my god drat life. So when your retarded asses come in and say "HURR GOSH NO WUNDR UR INSEL1!!!!!" just stop and think how loving stupid you look typing that poo poo. I always have to put up with people commenting on my appearance. I always have to put up with people laughing, or having a stupid half-smile/smirk like they're trying to hide a laugh. I always have to put up with everybody staring. And you come here and blame my personality on the reason why I don't have a normal life? loving kill yourselves, stupid fucks.

Edit: god drat it beaten

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

My Linux Rig posted:

I'm not sure where those 46% of bread winning women are but they're definitely not in software in the Seattle area

If only there were other sectors of economy besides software in the PNW...

Seriously though, there are women everywhere if you care to look. The tech industry is what, 7-8% of US GDP? Healthcare is like 1/6 of the US economy, and last time I checked over 75% of healthcare workers are women.

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Agreed

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Shanghaied posted:

If only there were other sectors of economy besides software in the PNW...

Seriously though, there are women everywhere if you care to look. The tech industry is what, 7-8% of US GDP? Healthcare is like 1/6 of the US economy, and last time I checked over 75% of healthcare workers are women.

I'm just saying in my experience I don't see them but then again that's probably cause I work in software

But I think we can all agree that no matter where they work, they shouldn't makeup cause that's worst kind of fraud

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
lol at all the wagecucks itt

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
There's something I don't quite understand about these mouthbreathers.

If you're incel, you have found an internalized reason why women won't sleep with you. Maybe you're fat, or you're socially inept, or you like Digimon a little bit too much. You're just not one of God's Elect.

But what if you identify as volcel? Are you not admitting that you could be having a partner, you just choose not to, and that's part of your identity now? I have many questions, but "Why?" rises to the top.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's something I don't quite understand about these mouthbreathers.

If you're incel, you have found an internalized reason why women won't sleep with you. Maybe you're fat, or you're socially inept, or you like Digimon a little bit too much. You're just not one of God's Elect.

But what if you identify as volcel? Are you not admitting that you could be having a partner, you just choose not to, and that's part of your identity now? I have many questions, but "Why?" rises to the top.

Because its easier on the ego to say "I could get all those hot babes, I just choose not to" than it is to say "All women find me repugnant" or "I'm terrified of rejection so its easier to bow out than take that risk."

In other words, "I bet those grapes vaginas roasties were sour anyway."

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

My Linux Rig posted:

Guy hears imitation of crow that reminds him that he'll nevermore get laid

I want to know if the dude was dressed in black trenchcoat a la The Crow cosplay or if he thinks every random sound effect kids make is about him. answer: good old paranoia

But really, does a crow sound mean something to kids these days? I may just be out of touch with today's youth. Unlike incels, who want all too much to be in touch with today's youth.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

My Linux Rig posted:

I'm just saying in my experience I don't see them but then again that's probably cause I work in software

But I think we can all agree that no matter where they work, they shouldn't makeup cause that's worst kind of fraud

How is makeup ever a problem? We have already established that women can get sex anyway, no matter how fat, ugly, gross or awkward, because there are no female incels. Incels see right through makeup, and Chads don't care, they'll gently caress anything with an openning. So it's really a victimless crime isn't it?

Also how is Chad the name of the sex-haver? According to this site Chad is a super-uncommon name in the US, it's like less than 1/1000 are called Chad.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

How much you wanna bet some of the women were trying to joke around and flirt with him but he sees everything as an insult. "I like your shirt" can even be taken the wrong way if he thinks everyone loathes him by default.

Also, this guy's boss is a sexist prick. "Women need to be controlled" wtf

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I'd trade up as well if I had a dorklord for a partner and I suddenly transformed into a 10

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

green chicken feet posted:

How much you wanna bet some of the women were trying to joke around and flirt with him but he sees everything as an insult. "I like your shirt" can even be taken the wrong way if he thinks everyone loathes him by default.

Also, this guy's boss is a sexist prick. "Women need to be controlled" wtf

Maybe he means the girls at work are flirting with Mr incel all the time but he doesn't notice it. So when the incel gets a girlfriend, he might have to tell his colleagues that they should behave more professionally?

Typing this out made me realize that this probably won't be the case though :shrug:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Shanghaied posted:

How is makeup ever a problem? We have already established that women can get sex anyway, no matter how fat, ugly, gross or awkward, because there are no female incels. Incels see right through makeup, and Chads don't care, they'll gently caress anything with an openning. So it's really a victimless crime isn't it?

Yeah, I find it weird, too. Make-up is like any other part of fashion, and it can be used to really present yourself in a specific way.

It's lying as much as wearing flattering clothing. "Waah, this girl wore vertical stripes that distracted me from her undesirable body shape!"

Shanghaied posted:

Also how is Chad the name of the sex-haver? According to this site Chad is a super-uncommon name in the US, it's like less than 1/1000 are called Chad.

It's been a stereotypical name for a really long time. Like, the son of every evil rich kid trying to take over the local sports centre was named Chad.

Zzulu posted:

I'd trade up as well if I had a dorklord for a partner and I suddenly transformed into a 10

Also, he got to gently caress her before she left him for a Chad. That dorky kid is the winner because he got to use up her sexual prime.

...Right? I have no idea. There's no consistent logic here.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Incels are dense enough to misinterpret the ending of Forrest Gump, so it's no surprise they would take this set of photos with no additional information and construct a complete story to suit their existing belief system.

The "nice" nerdy guy could have ended up being an abuser, a cheater, or a drug addict. People change or reveal their true colors over time.

Or maybe one of them had to move away. All we know from these photos is that the relationship broke up. Said a (mostly) sane person who doesn't twist everything into evidence of a female conspiracy.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Incels are dense enough to misinterpret the ending of Forrest Gump, so it's no surprise they would take this set of photos with no additional information and construct a complete story to suit their existing belief system.

The "nice" nerdy guy could have ended up being an abuser, a cheater, or a drug addict. People change or reveal their true colors over time.

Or maybe one of them had to move away. All we know from these photos is that the relationship broke up. Said a (mostly) sane person who doesn't twist everything into evidence of a female conspiracy.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if that was a picture of her and her brother in the 2014 picture, and she is still totally dating the guy from the first.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

All we know from these photos is that the relationship broke up she is standing next to another man, ergo, she must be loving him.

FTFY

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I'm not convinced it's even the same woman

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Absolutely not, having fun is NOT allowed when engineers start talking about STEM degrees.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

STEM would be better if it were STM and engineers were fired into the sun.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

Literally A Person posted:

Wouldn't at all be surprised if that was a picture of her and her brother in the 2014 picture, and she is still totally dating the guy from the first.

I was thinking that too. Although the pose doesn't really read brother/sister to me, it wouldn't exclude the possibility.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Lets change the E in STEM to Education and engineers can live on thier own island, theyd prefer it that way anyway

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Nah what really happened is that a Chad beat the poo poo out of him in front of his girl and as all chads and incels know: that's the easiest way into a woman's pants

Also according to incels, Mr. Rodgers was infamous for regularly beating the poo poo out of his wife

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

That's true... I made the assumption that the photos were from some kind of Facebook timeline where there was a relationship that ended, but we don't even know that...

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

But you would totally gently caress your siblings if they are hot right? The incels would, so she's standing next to a man and smiling, so she must have hosed him.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

My Linux Rig posted:

Nah what really happened is that a Chad beat the poo poo out of him in front of his girl and as all chads and incels know: that's the easiest way into a woman's pants

Also according to incels, Mr. Rodgers was infamous for regularly beating the poo poo out of his wife

Mr Rogers was a nice guy. Theyre probably talking about Eliot Rodger

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Shanghaied posted:

But you would totally gently caress your siblings if they are hot right? The incels would, so she's standing next to a man and smiling, so she must have hosed him.

Once again incel logic trumps reality. I should have known better.

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

dog food stalls
Grimey Drawer

My Linux Rig posted:

Mr. Elliot Rodgers' Neighborhood is not a very pleasant place.

But this redditor has "heard of" women who slept with Chads who beat their boyfriends into comas, and if there's anything I like to base my worldviews on, it's urban legends!

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Mr. Elliot Rodgers' Neighborhood is not a very pleasant place.

But this redditor has "heard of" women who slept with Chads who beat their boyfriends into comas, and if there's anything I like to base my worldviews on, it's urban legends!

Oh right that rodgers. That's a shame, I was hoping there was some insane incel theory that said one of the nicest tv personalities to exist was really just a womanizing, abusive rear end in a top hat

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like how he blames the woman in that scenario for the violence, instead of Chad, who did all the violence

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
These guys need a good, thorough rear end plowing by a big alpha Chad because they are obviously in love with this man

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Zzulu posted:

I like how he blames the woman in that scenario for the violence, instead of Chad, who did all the violence

Chad would never instigate that kind of violence unless some slut stacy roastie pushed him into it through lies and deception. Duh.

Shanghaied
Oct 12, 2004

BIG PAD

Once again incel logic trumps reality. I should have known better.

For all we know from the lovely photos + plus the sunglasses, the guy in the 2014 photo could actually BE the guy in the 2010 photos, just with nicer clothes and haircut, or both of them could be completely different people. Incels are apparently real big on STDH.

mojo1701a posted:

Yeah, I find it weird, too. Make-up is like any other part of fashion, and it can be used to really present yourself in a specific way.

It's lying as much as wearing flattering clothing. "Waah, this girl wore vertical stripes that distracted me from her undesirable body shape!"

Maybe it's like a stolen valour thing you know, getting social recognition for something you are not. Now I want to see phone footage of incels confronting a woman in makeup, like "oh you look pretty hot, so what's your canthal tilt huh? What's you clavicle length? Do you know what the limbal ring is? Huh? What about nasolabial fold, you know what that is? Hi where are you going? Where are you going?".

I mean that'll never happen sadly because lol incels actually talking to women.

Shanghaied fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Yeah, and I bet they wear fedoras!

• Locked thread