Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

froody guy posted:

Seriously, what's so different between alts applying to gsf or an altcorp

For starters: one requires button pushing from the corp recruitment team, the other requires button pushing from one of a handful of people in the entire alliance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

rip that guy

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Tsed posted:

For starters: one requires button pushing from the corp recruitment team, the other requires button pushing from one of a handful of people in the entire alliance.

L0cke17 posted:

Applying to goonwaffe there's several people who can accept you. Applying the altcorp to the alliance there's maybe 3 people who can actually push button because of security reasons. Anyone who can accept corps to the alliance can also disband it. Typical wait time for altcorp is 5-10 days from payment to acceptance into the alliance or it was when I was applying mine.

Ok that's pretty clear now, didn't know that.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Real Nito posted:

This part of your statement seemed peculiar.

That's standard for GSF altcorps.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Real Nito posted:

This part of your statement seemed peculiar.

that's how i knew it was an altcorp app and not an individual app to gsf

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

froody guy posted:

Yes altcorp. Seriously, what's so different between alts applying to gsf or an altcorp, especially if it was already in gsf, has been kicked for inactivity, no unpaid taxes or any other issues, and nothing changed in the meantime?

You can give almost anyone roles to accept alts and the worst thing they can do with it is allow in an awoxer. The role to accept altcorps (full director in the holding corp) carries with it the ability to disband the alliance.

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Tsed posted:

That's standard for GSF altcorps.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

that's how i knew it was an altcorp app and not an individual app to gsf

:thunk: Well I learned something new today.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Never forget Haargoth.

Can you pay character transfers with anything but a direct credit card? Like PayPal or something

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Risky Bisquick posted:

Never forget Haargoth.

Can you pay character transfers with anything but a direct credit card? Like PayPal or something

plex, i think?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
You can do it with plex but you have to petition it, 1000 in the vault and they'll do it in a few days

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

lawl did they still not fix plex for transfers after they multiplied by 500

i guess that shows how much injectors have cannibalized that market

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames
I don't know if anyone still cares, but if you played Dust 514 back in the day you'll have been sent an update to your PSN linked email advising that you can reserve your Dust 514 main character name and get some bonus veteran items for that character in Project Nova. That these emails have been sent out indicates we're getting close to actually seeing something of Project Nova.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Exioce posted:

I don't know if anyone still cares, but if you played Dust 514 back in the day you'll have been sent an update to your PSN linked email advising that you can reserve your Dust 514 main character name and get some bonus veteran items for that character in Project Nova. That these emails have been sent out indicates we're getting close to actually seeing something of Project Nova.

What would CCP look like with actual money, I guess the answer is what you're getting now.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Exioce posted:

we're getting close to actually seeing something of Project Nova

:laugh: I have a bridge for sale in Brooklyn if you're interested

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Might be a decent avenue for the new owners to expand into. :shrug:

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Hexel posted:

:laugh: I have a bridge for sale in Brooklynpromenade if you're interested

Ftfy

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
I am unironically looking forward to Nova. As long as it's on PC. I'm a sucker for the Eve universe.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Ynglaur posted:

I am unironically looking forward to Nova. As long as it's on PC. I'm a sucker for the Eve universe.

1st person shooter on mobile? Meeeh

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

Dalael posted:

1st person shooter on mobile? Meeeh

I cannot wait for the hip, new, never been done before Battle Royale mode and CCP using all the Walking In Station dance animations that never saw the light of day.

Exioce
Sep 7, 2003

by VideoGames

Real Nito posted:

I cannot wait for the hip, new, never been done before Battle Royale mode and CCP using all the Walking In Station dance animations that never saw the light of day.

Speaking of Walking In Stations, did they ever compensate all those people who bought fancy clothes for their avatars?

Edit - Sorry, sorry, I already know the answer to that question...

Exioce fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Oct 4, 2018

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Exioce posted:

Speaking of Walking In Stations, did they ever compensate all those people who bought fancy clothes for their avatars?

Edit - Sorry, sorry, I already know the answer to that question...

You can still dress your character up in the clothes and take a picture which other plays can see. If they squint hard. And haven't disabled portraits in their UI.

So of course not.

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
I played dust with a mouse and keyboard and did deliveries and orbital bombardment in eve. They have a real cool cross platform mechanic going on and I wish they would improve and implement it.

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

The one single time I was hit hit with an orbital bombardment from an EVE pilot was pretty loving cool I guess.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Who or what in EvE is Bombers Bar ? After watching one EvE related video my YouTube suggested section is now full of their videos, most of which are them ganking CONDI Rorquals & going "lol goons". There was one where they nuked a guard Nagalfar and then the Rorqual. The only thing I learned from the video is that you apparently don't want to be within 30-odd km of a Nag or you will get spanked hard (they used a Mortal Kombat Scorpion GET OVER HERE thing to illustrate this).

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

MREBoy posted:

Who or what in EvE is Bombers Bar ? After watching one EvE related video my YouTube suggested section is now full of their videos, most of which are them ganking CONDI Rorquals & going "lol goons". There was one where they nuked a guard Nagalfar and then the Rorqual. The only thing I learned from the video is that you apparently don't want to be within 30-odd km of a Nag or you will get spanked hard (they used a Mortal Kombat Scorpion GET OVER HERE thing to illustrate this).

They are a COMPLETELY NEUTRAL group that do bomber drops on people. In Delve or nearby lowsec. And never in somewhere even easier to drop on, say Deklein. FCed by COMPLETELY NEUTRAL people who are in other groups besides the Imperium. Did I mention how neutral they were?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

MREBoy posted:

iirc they are a "not purple shoot it" group (means they shoot people not in their fleet, aka everyone) that theoretically is apolitical but in practical terms focuses on us

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.
Bomber's Bar mostly rolls their null WH, sends hunters out for a few jumps, if they find nothing, in a few minutes, they return and roll again.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

I'll play dust2/nova if they're keeping fitting systems in the new game. You could make some fun builds on the patches that ccp hosed up in the right ways

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

iirc they are a "not purple shoot it" group (means they shoot people not in their fleet, aka everyone) that theoretically is apolitical but in practical terms focuses on us

it's almost like it's easier to go to the largest concentration of krabs ingame instead of deadspace elsewhere

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

it's almost like it's easier to go to the largest concentration of krabs ingame instead of deadspace elsewhere

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

so BUSA space then

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

CainFortea posted:

They are a COMPLETELY NEUTRAL group that do bomber drops on people. In Delve or nearby lowsec. And never in somewhere even easier to drop on, say Deklein. FCed by COMPLETELY NEUTRAL people who are in other groups besides the Imperium. Did I mention how neutral they were?

Have you travelled in nullsec lately? I'd be hunting in delve too rather than say, nearly empty systems devoid of targets.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009

Viva Miriya posted:

so BUSA space then

is BUSA even a thing anymore

that meme is pretty 2013

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Dalael posted:

Have you travelled in nullsec lately? I'd be hunting in delve too rather than say, nearly empty systems devoid of targets.

Weird, cause Reavers find stuff to drop on before the war started. And just today I found a couple of mining fleets in other regions. vOv

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
eve is probably the most dead it's been since 2012

highsec freighter traffic is much lower, the prevalence of highsec miners is almost null (outside of mass afk/botting orcas) and mission hubs are completely empty.

nullsec kills are also down a lot too

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Maneck posted:

You can still dress your character up in the clothes and take a picture which other plays can see. If they squint hard. And haven't disabled portraits in their UI.

So of course not.

You can also click on someones picture to let the game render a full body version of their avatar. Just in case you want to know what their shoes look like.

Also hell yes, of course I want my dumb Dust-name back! (I also got the email)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

eve is probably the most dead it's been since 2012

highsec freighter traffic is much lower, the prevalence of highsec miners is almost null (outside of mass afk/botting orcas) and mission hubs are completely empty.

nullsec kills are also down a lot too

this is obviously because eve is dying and not because you only ever look in highsec

let's ignore the massive vacuum action that is delve on highsec

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

brand engager posted:

I'll play dust2/nova if they're keeping fitting systems in the new game. You could make some fun builds on the patches that ccp hosed up in the right ways

I think CCP had this "grand vision" back in the day, where they would integrate three different genres of game into one shared universe. Their VR fighter-craft game, the ground based Dust, and EVE online space ships. You can see what they were thinking of in this old trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFTUazuGdTw&t=118s

It would be really cool if Pearl Abyss made this a reality. I would love for my fighters to be piloted by real people doing a dog fighting game :v:

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Oct 5, 2018

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Rutibex posted:

It would be really cool if Pearl Abyss made this a reality. I would love for my fighters to be piloted by real people doing a dog fighting game :v:

As fun as that sounds, tidi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
yeah i'd play the poo poo out of a game that was as big as eve but also had dogfights. doing some instancing magic instead of "everyone is on the same grid", it might even be possible to have it work passably enough that i'd not care about it.

unfortunately elite decided it'll be a single player mmo, and star citizen will never exist so :rip: