Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Nerud with a non poo poo overworld would rule since thats really the big thing making it worse than lonsomn for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Just picked this up. No idea what I'm getting into, but it looks super cool. I guess I'm a medic for now (no idea how to change this). A lot of the things I see seems to really gently nudge to co-op play. Is this something that'll make or break the experience? I'm not opposed to co-op, but I am not a fan of having to rely on pubbies for a fun experience.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Zeg posted:

Just picked this up. No idea what I'm getting into, but it looks super cool. I guess I'm a medic for now (no idea how to change this). A lot of the things I see seems to really gently nudge to co-op play. Is this something that'll make or break the experience? I'm not opposed to co-op, but I am not a fan of having to rely on pubbies for a fun experience.

there's a small handful of secrets that require multiple people but tbh you aren't missing that much out on not being able to do them. The game is perfectly fun and the majority of secrets can be accomplished by a single person.

KNR
May 3, 2009

Evil Kit posted:

there's a small handful of secrets that require multiple people but tbh you aren't missing that much out on not being able to do them. The game is perfectly fun and the majority of secrets can be accomplished by a single person.
Unless this has changed with the dlcs, I think every secret that required coop also had a reward useful only in coop, various bonuses to interactions with other players. Though some of them might apply to the dog as well, maybe.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Evil Kit posted:

Gotcha, thank you for the heads up!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

If you enjoy discovery, uncovering secrets and solving puzzles I'd actually recommend avoiding pubbies because they will just solve them for you and some of them are incredibly cool.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

the game is totally doable solo but you'll have a much easier time as the dog class.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
You can always do the opposite and open your game up to public if you hit a wall on a boss for a moment, just to get over the hump

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

KNR posted:

Unless this has changed with the dlcs, I think every secret that required coop also had a reward useful only in coop, various bonuses to interactions with other players. Though some of them might apply to the dog as well, maybe.

One of the main exceptions is the Gluttony unlock, iirc, which is really annoying because it's arguably more useful solo than in co-op.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just started playing this again and seems like I've missed a lot of patch notes

Last time I played, I was working through apocalypse with a super tanky medic/summoner build that just abused the medic passive to generate relic charges, with the relic that turns overheals into a heal over time, and that heals my summons and boost their damage, does that build still work? I remember it being mostly based around capping damage reduction at 80% and I heard they did a huge armor rebalance.

Also I remember summoner being hardcore glitched on the last boss, with phase transitions clearing summons (possibly intended?) and summons just flying into the kill plane because they were trying to get behind the boss in phase 2. Has that been fixed?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

KNR posted:

This is true for the items IIRC, but the traits you need to unlock in coop are pretty useful even solo. I love maxed out glutton because I'm bad at choosing my moments to heal.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

its crazy how much remnant 2 hates tank builds. Like I found a way to make my relic not use charges, but it turns out relics aren't even usable in combat without 100000% speed bonus because you just get staggered every 1.4 seconds like clockwork, unless you dodge every attack perfectly, but if you're dodging every attack perfectly, then you don't even need a relic equipped.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

I just bought this game, including the dlc, if anyone else is still playing and wants to team up this weekend.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

A Moose posted:

its crazy how much remnant 2 hates tank builds. Like I found a way to make my relic not use charges, but it turns out relics aren't even usable in combat without 100000% speed bonus because you just get staggered every 1.4 seconds like clockwork, unless you dodge every attack perfectly, but if you're dodging every attack perfectly, then you don't even need a relic equipped.
for almost every problem in the game there's a solution to it.

if you're doing a tank build and getting staggered there's multiple ways to negate staggers: conjurer's circle is perfect for your use case, alchemist stoneskin, confidence boosters. back when i was playing with friends on apoc i did a medic/alchemist build that was immortal and could just facetank bosses while reviving my team.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I think you just can't beat Venom with a Restriction Cord equipped, unless again, you just never EVER get hit. There's no way to be tanky enough to survive at 50% hp when you're already at the damage reduction cap, even with 50% extra damage reduction from the crystal heart and 10% from song of eafir. I'm just missing too much HP to be able to survive. I guess there's just so many possible builds that ALL of them can't be viable but I really wish the game wouldn't let you get to the 2nd to last boss before letting you know.

A Moose fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jun 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KNR
May 3, 2009
I haven't played a tank build, but one thing I'll note is that the game likes to give a wide damage range to many bosses. Venom has the basic swings that I could take a couple of on my regular build (but not a full combo), the throw that has always instakilled me, and the damage zones that I could survive ticks from even when I was going for a nohit with the admiral's ring on.

Being able to absorb some attack patterns can be extremely helpful even if you can't just tank through everything.