Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the tommy tallarico show was bad, but i distinctly remember it giving Tron 2.0 a 5/5 or whatever and they were right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
how do people have the energy to keep up with the meltdowns and bad takes of every loser on twitter

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

took the bread and the lamb spread
Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

20 years ago he was a cable show host about videogames

Thats really it.

Got it. Is there something about those tweets that make them any worse / more embarassing than any others? Without context, those seemed like pretty bog-standard "angry impotent ranting" tweets. (I have no idea what they were in reference to.)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

ngl I stopped paying attention after the last half dozen times Adam Sessler melted down on twitter

Barudak
May 7, 2007

xoFcitcrA posted:

Got it. Is there something about those tweets that make them any worse / more embarassing than any others? Without context, those seemed like pretty bog-standard "angry impotent ranting" tweets. (I have no idea what they were in reference to.)

No. And hes meltdown on twitter with bad takes before.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

how do people have the energy to keep up with the meltdowns and bad takes of every loser on twitter
because its really really funny

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

xoFcitcrA posted:

I know I saw them because student protesters on multiple campuses across the US were under threat of police assault, so of course the algorithm pushes him up for saying "good i hope they get hosed up"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was a pretty good show.

https://packaged-media.redd.it/wt4r...f66ffe80151#t=0

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

:stare:

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Got it. Thanks, everyone!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Shard please just delete Twitter

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

It was a pretty good show.

It was terrible even back then but there weren't a million YouTube channels covering infinite videogame news and reviews, people still watched cable, so it was memorable for being one of maybe 3 or 4 things in TV to spend any time talking about videogames.

Sessler was a wannabe Talk Soup guy who latched onto the only work he could get for as long as he could.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Getting stoned, playing Balatro, and listening to albums I haven't heard before is my GotY 2024

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Getting stoned, playing Balatro, and listening to albums I haven't heard before is my GotY 2024

Solid combo.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Barudak posted:

Gonna very, very, strongly disagree and state Sable is probably one of my favorite games of the generation.

Sable left me completely cold, one of the most disappointing games I've played in recent years because I wanted to like it so much.

Anyway I've become mildly obsessed with Xbox 360 banger Hunted The Demon Forge in the last few days, "fantasy Gears of War" should be absolute gaming poison but its fun having the option to either do bow and arrow cover shooting or just charge at enemies machine gunning arrows and flinging fireballs.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Sable left me completely cold, one of the most disappointing games I've played in recent years because I wanted to like it so much.

Interesting. Two folks in the thread who didn't like it and two who liked it a lot. It's odd, Sable didn't strike me as the sort of game that would be divisive at all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

xoFcitcrA posted:

Interesting. Two folks in the thread who didn't like it and two who liked it a lot. It's odd, Sable didn't strike me as the sort of game that would be divisive at all.

Its doing a very specific thing and was never well optimized even with patches. Either you like its thing or you are out.

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
I am firmly in the "Sable was ok" middle ground of the centrist coward. The art was really nice, the world was interesting, the gameplay and story were passable. I wasn't unhappy I finished it, but I'll almost certainly never touch it again.

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Barudak posted:

Its doing a very specific thing and was never well optimized even with patches. Either you like its thing or you are out.

Yeah, no arguments with ya on the tech end. It was pretty buggy when I played it, but not enough to annoy me. Is "casual exploration adventure" a very specific thing? It's something I'm usually looking for in games, so I guess I never really thought of it as niche. I kind of mentally lump Sable in with A Short Hike, Bethesda titles, No Man's Sky, Journey, Subnautica, Everything, Snowrunner, Elite Dangerous, Anodyne 2, Minecraft, Slime Rancher, and even Cyberpunk 2077 to some degree.

Now that I've typed it out, that looks odd.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

I loooooved Sable. Had a great experience with it. Gorgeous world and I loved the journey Sable takes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

njsykora posted:

Anyway I've become mildly obsessed with Xbox 360 banger Hunted The Demon Forge in the last few days, "fantasy Gears of War" should be absolute gaming poison but its fun having the option to either do bow and arrow cover shooting or just charge at enemies machine gunning arrows and flinging fireballs.

does the bow have a chainsaw on it

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

galenanorth posted:

I'm playing SpongeBob SquarePants: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman.

I'm dumping the textures in PCSX2 as I play, and maybe I'll post it on the emulator forums to have someone make a texture pack if I manage to finish the game.

Game sounds cool and I might check it out.

What emulator forums do texture upscaling stuff? I only know of one subreddit.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Spongebob Squarepants Power Wash DLC has one of the funniest levels I've ever played.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SaGa.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

:hai:

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Rarity posted:

Shard please just delete Twitter

im back in. I'll probably hate it again soon.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

xoFcitcrA
Feb 16, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Only ever played Final Fantasy Legend on original GameBoy. I remember it being odd and liking it.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

xoFcitcrA posted:

Only ever played Final Fantasy Legend on original GameBoy. I remember it being odd and liking it.

you remember correctly

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
I really like this boss theme from FFL2:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rNi2G0oXTiE

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
"dragons Dogma 2 is selling enough Capcom is paying out investors" is an accurate headline but somehow grosser than if they'd just used clickbait phrasing instead. I hope an AI wrote the article because it's more heartbreaking if some person did.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1783543701710733381?t=xYfK-micYq-1tEsmWeGDFg&s=19

Lol and lmao

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Good news followed by a threat

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Wait, did somebody accidentally say there was going to be a BlizzCon this year?

I thought lovely corporations figured out during Covid that the best way to avoid bad press is to never acknowledge customers

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They never recovered from the Diablo Immortal reveal

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think Blizzard has skipped out on Blizzcons before when they had nothing new to announce.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I genuinely can't imagine going to a Blizzcon in 2024. Oh boy we're going to celebrate some thoroughly mediocre games!

I mean I can get it sort of as like WoW fanfest + some other Blizzard stuff I guess.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

I think Blizzard has skipped out on Blizzcons before when they had nothing new to announce.

there was also a bit of a snafu last year that dan olson covered, and the mood's probably not great with OW2 PVE being permanently sandboxed and the OWL being dissolved. probably better to save their money this year and spend the time planning something better for 2025

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Everything about OW2 is baffling to me. I think most casual players who enjoyed Overwatch liked the characters and really couldn't have cared less about the PvP. A less toxic co-op PvE mode seemed like such an obvious thing to do, but Blizzard delayed doing anything about that for 6 years and then just cancelled it all anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Everything about OW2 is baffling to me. I think most casual players who enjoyed Overwatch liked the characters and really couldn't have cared less about the PvP. A less toxic co-op PvE mode seemed like such an obvious thing to do, but Blizzard delayed doing anything about that for 6 years and then just cancelled it all anyway.

Blizzard went all-in on Esports and was convinced they needed to make OW2 more Esports rather than investing in the completely outsized support they had for the characters.