Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Yup, and right now I already have a target I think is scum. :sun:
who? apart from me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

bowmore posted:

who? apart from me

I'm pretty sure KB is referencing you, bowmore.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

I'm pretty sure KB is referencing you, bowmore.
I can't be his only scum tell surely

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
he isn't even voting me

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

he isn't even voting me

Haven't started my show yet! :)

##vote Bowmore

I took my vote off you when you were at -1 to allow time for others to visit the thread.

I'm not interested in Keane or Punt for today. Everyone else I can see if I put my mind to it, but you are at the top of my list.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

As a meta, Punt has more posts in the league when he was town, even though he died night 3.

I think I'm going to go Punt, sorry KB.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The games where Punt is town Punt posts much, much more.

I'm feeling Punt much more strongly now, I think. I'd like to hear from him before I hammer, but if I wake up and he hasn't said anything I'M GONNA HAMMER

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I reread the thread and I'm pretty comfortable with a Punt vote. If that doesn't work, we'll see what happens tomorrow but bowmore would be on the top of my list then.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I'm feeling Punt much more strongly now, I think. I'd like to hear from him before I hammer, but if I wake up and he hasn't said anything I'M GONNA HAMMER

Ok, sounds good.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
With 77 new posts, I thought the game might've ended.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I just bought Honeycomb with Twisted Marshmallows and there are no marshmallows in this box. :argh:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Met posted:

I just bought Honeycomb with Twisted Marshmallows and there are no marshmallows in this box. :argh:
scam

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

which is literally the only thing he says about him, no vote or anything

You're such a liar. Your entire basis of accusations against me have been obvious misrepresentations of the truth.

Look guys:

bowmore posted:

does it make you mad as Scum that you know I'm Town and I haven't been lynched for Meinburg's lynch yet?

bowmore posted:

Pinterest are you mad because you think that's how town should react, it doesn't seem genuine to me
Here's bowmore pulling the examine same lovely technique when he started trying to stitch up pinmom. Don't believe bowmore's poo poo he's the scum.

CCKeane posted:

Keane don't lynch me on meta when I've played like 5 games that's meaningless. I've posted less because I've been busier irl than in my previous games and that's it it's not a scumtell it's an I'm ending my contract and need to apply for jobs more than play mafia tell. Do you really think if I was scumbros with pros like merk and Taste they wouldn't have mentioned me at all, which is way more suspect than a throwing out a read or a soft bus? My lynch is a garbage choice for idiots:

bowmore posted:

also I'm fairly certain Punt is scum so I doubt I'll move my vote

(especially since I seem to be the other vote leader!)
Here's bowmore basically admitting it's self-serving bullshit. I've be involved in killing half the scumteam help me kill the last one; vote bowmore!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
That's all very well and good, but what is your opinion on the lack of marshmallows in my cereal?

loving christ, Punt. Get it together. This is serious.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

That's all very well and good, but what is your opinion on the lack of marshmallows in my cereal?

loving christ, Punt. Get it together. This is serious.

Sorry dude, it's seriously a tragedy, can you sue the manufacturers?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Oh, it occured to me at work last night that CC could be a scum day vig that can only target Mafia players. He could target the invulnerable mafia member and make himself look like a regular day vig. Just a thought. I still have him after Punt and Bow.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've seen that power role in a game before. But then again, Rarity did say there wouldn't be any overly complex roles and that should have tipped us off that TT's role claim was insanely complex.

Rarity posted:

Welcome to X-Men Mafia, a game for 19 players set during the 1960s era of Marvel's popular long-running comic franchise, the X-Men! I'm still new to running mafia games so there won't be any special gimmicks and the setup will be fairly standard, although there might one or two little twists.

Just a thought I'd share in case it turns out to be true. I can point it out and feel all kinds of smug.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

I've seen that power role in a game before. But then again, Rarity did say there wouldn't be any overly complex roles and that should have tipped us off that TT's role claim was insanely complex.

Just a thought I'd share in case it turns out to be true. I can point it out and feel all kinds of smug.

Scum vig shooting a BP buddy for town cred is a pretty cool move, it's bowmore though so vote bowmore.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Vote bowmore and I can guarantee your cereal will never be marshmallow free again, he's such scum that he steals from people's breakfast cereal. True fact.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
The bastard.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##unvote
##vote Bowmore

Alright.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Met, I know this is like the dumbest of mafia arguments but honestly if I was able I'd have NKed you the moment you said your plan was to avoid being NKed, I'm not scum, please help me lynch bowmore you will be a town hero, we will laugh over his scum corpse and have all the marshmallows you can eat!

Commatoes what about my play has been sketchy?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:munch:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

*reports Rarity for Single Emoticon post, gets Rarity probated*

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Rarity is around, somebody please hammer bowmore I am crying right now. I'm crying.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

It's moved on from then, now I'm dying, I'm dying IRL, and I'm a ghost now so there's nothing else for me!!!!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:ghost:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
:zombie:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
GO AWAY YOU'RE RUINING EVERYTHING

:cry:

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
True to the comics the dead don't stay dead in this game.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
They also post more than commatoes.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:greenangel:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

They also post more than commatoes.

This is a good burn.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

This is a good burn.

I thought so.

OK guys, I'm gonna be heading to the airport in just under an hour so please lynch bowmore now so we can celebrate our town victory before I leave, thanks.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Ask your hearts and your souls would a man named angel lie to you? Go with God, vote Bowmore, he is literally the devil.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Would you vote yourself if deadline came and there wasn't a hammer? It'd stop the town from being split.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Would you vote yourself if deadline came and there wasn't a hammer? It'd stop the town from being split.

My ride to the airport's turned up early so I must be brief, self-voting is for losers, I'll trust in my fellow townies to make the right choice.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

My ride to the airport's turned up early so I must be brief, self-voting is for losers, I'll trust in my fellow townies to make the right choice.

Okay.

##unvote
##vote Punt

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

That's hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Camp Anadyr
Artemisa, Cuba
October 24, 1962

Bobby raced through the military complex, the two Summers brothers hot on his heels. 'Faster! You must hurry!' The Professor's mental warnings drove them onwards as they rushed toward the silo. The day was still young, the sun only halfway through its morning climb, but their cause was too great to be stopped. Bobby burst through the door and surveyed the scene in the room beyond.

“Warren!” Their friend was lying face down on the floor, blacked out. “Hey buddy!” he yelled as he ran over. “Hey, come on, Warry. Be ok.” Scott and Alex crowded in around him, all three men concerned for the fate of their friend. Magneto was defeated. It was meant to be over! Warren groaned as his eyelids fluttered open.

“H...Hey, Bobby,” he groaned. “Wha... happened?”

“One of the nukes was fired,” Scott replied grimly as Alex pulled Warren to his feet. “What happened to you?”

Warren shook his head, regaining his composure. “One minute I'm watching over the missiles, the next I get a heavy whack on the back of my head and the rest is blackness. I guess they ambushed me.”

“Are you all right?” Bobby asked.

“Five minutes with the bad guy that did this to me and I will be.”

“We'll start going over the silo for clues,” Scott decided. “You head back to the Professor and tell him what happened then get yourself checked out.”

“Whatever you say, leader man.”

Warren turned and walked towards the exit. Bobby looked at his retreating back in deep concentration. Something felt... off. Something didn't feel right. In fact, something felt very, very wrong. He narrowed his eyes, racking his brains for an answer as Warren continued to walk away. Wait, what? That was it! Bobby's mouth dropped open in shock.

“Hey, Warren!” he called out. “Can I ask something?”

“Sure thing, icepick,” Warren replied.

“Why don't you just fly there?”

“Oh, I'm still feeling a bit shaky from that knockout blow. Two legs will suit me just fine.”

“But I don't remember seeing you fly in a while. Not since this whole thing started.”

“You're just forgetting, I'm sure you must have.”

“No,” Bobby said, “I don't. Guys, do you?”

“Can't say I do,” Alex answered. He shrugged at Warren.

“You know,” Scott mused, “Now that you mention it I don't think I have either.”

Warren stifled a weak laugh. “Guys, come on,” he said, “What are you getting at? You can't mean you suspect me of...”

“Why aren't you flying, Warren?” Bobby interrupted.

“I can fly any time I want!”

“Fine. Fly now.”

“Guys, you can't be serious...” Warren's head flashed between each of them, shocked by their growing suspicion. “I mean, I'm Angel. Warren. Warren Worthington Jr.”

Bobby immediately formed an ice club. “It's Warren Worthington III, but nice try.” He flung the club straight at the imposter, who ducked it and started to beat a hasty retreat.

“Mastermind!” Scott bellowed the warning as the illusion shimmered and the Brotherhood member came into view. His optic blasts flashed out, hitting Mastermind square in the back.

“Oh, now he can fly,” Alex joked as Mastermind was hurled halfway across the room.

“Hold him, Bobby,” Scott ordered. Bobby encased him in a thick block of ice. For a second he could feel Mastermind struggle against his bonds but then he grew silent. The three genuine X-Men let forth a sigh of relief.

“That's it, right?” Bobby asked. “No more Brotherhood want to come out of the woodwork?” The three men looked at each other, none feeling confident enough to reply.

“Yes, I believe that is it.” The Professor's voice cut through the empty air. “After the first bomb launched, Magneto confessed everything. The Brotherhood is defeated.”

“Why would he do that? He's got to be lying.”

“Even the worst of us can have souls, Bobby. Even the worst.”

Puntification a.k.a. MASTERMIND, Brotherhood Godfather has been lynched on D6.

TOWN WINS

King Burgundy a.k.a. PROFESSOR X, X-Men Cop survived!

Bowmore a.k.a. CYCLOPS, X-Men Hero survived!

Met a.k.a. ICEMAN, X-Men Hero survived!

CCKeane a.k.a. HAVOK, X-Men 1-Shot Vig survived!

CommaToes a.k.a. SCARLET WITCH, X-Men Hero survived!

• Locked thread