Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

also snapchats to people that was a picture of a sign that read BAD IDEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Bifauxnen posted:

Some more mafia trivia that was previously unknown to anyone but me:

Before I realized just sending PMs was far more efficient, I made a duplicate copy of the scumdoc that I was going to have us hop over to without Harold, and it was called "NO HAROLD CLUB (not even one allowed"

I didn't get any PMs :mad:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

p.s. gough's decepticon name in scum doc is Thunderclacker.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Splode posted:

First game as scum is actually easier, you have a team of people helping you and all you need to do is not be the most suspicious, which is usually pretty easy when Anidav is melting down, or SK has gone on holiday, or Lid has been caught telling lies about his role, or HK has posted a 10 paragraph rap.

Second game of mafia, and first game as scum. I failed miserably :v:

And yeah my reaction after soag's j'accuse post was basically "gently caress I'm done for, just bus me guys!" In a way I'm glad since I wouldn't have posted much over the weekend anyway

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
A lot of things came at just the right time. Like TBK's gambit - win or lose, he was gone for the rest of the week.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
A revival would have been hilarious fyi.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

webmeister posted:

I didn't get any PMs :mad:

It was just to the scum still alive and active. Once we decided who did what we 3 all sent the same thing to Gaspy:

quote:

Hi Gaspy,

3 of the 4 surviving scum have agreed on a consensus for the night actions. However, due to infiltration by Whoopi Goldberg we are not comfortable with having this plan be known in our freely-editable scumdoc.

Please DISREGARD the actions listed in the scumdoc you have been previously viewing, and instead use the actions in this list below. We will each PM you to confirm the consensus.

NIGHTKILL: Harold Krell will kill Fruity Gordo

Milky Moor/roleblock: block Tommofork

Bifauxnen/voyeur: peep on Splode

Thatbastardken/watcher: watch Seagull

Oh yeah, for anyone not in the scumdoc, Whoopi Goldberg was Harold's original roleclaim

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Anidav posted:

A revival would have been hilarious fyi.

We would've lynched you again tbh, because that would've been hilarious.

Bifauxnen posted:

It was just to the scum still alive and active. Once we decided who did what we 3 all sent the same thing to Gaspy:

Oh yeah, for anyone not in the scumdoc, Whoopi Goldberg was Harold's original roleclaim

I'm still laughing about this FYI.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

That's the point. :v:

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
I was, in all honesty, hoping for an Autobot because I could roleplay them better.

And then I got a Decepticon.

And it wasn't even one of the well-known Decepticons!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Tommofork posted:

Nope, no Harolds. Not even one.

Tithin you asked why we hadn't lynched Harold after he said he's scum a couple of times. I was ignoring anything Harold was saying because it couldn't be trusted either way. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was town loving with town or scum loving with town and his own team. I figured it was better to chase others for the time being, until things slowed down enough for a Harold lynch detour.

If somone states explicitly, or hints implicitly that they are not town, lynch first and ask questions later.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Especially when it's noted bad player, Harold "loving" Krell

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

i loving had you picked, milky

great game asphyxious, you should be very proud of yourself

looking forward to the next one

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Milky Moor posted:

I was, in all honesty, hoping for an Autobot because I could roleplay them better.

And then I got a Decepticon.

And it wasn't even one of the well-known Decepticons!

Yeah but you can't deny the choice made sense. If you WERE town you'd've been dead day 2.

Also Harold claiming COSMOS was amazing. I think harold did great this game. Pro-Harold plays.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Also Harold claiming COSMOS was amazing. I think harold did great this game. Pro-Harold plays.

i don't want to play with anyone who makes posts that consist mainly of rear end to mouth gifs

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

looking forward to the next one

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Japanese Transformers next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayCAikpH88
Look at this poo poo, it writes itself.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2t4MBhGAg8

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

i don't want to play with anyone who makes posts that consist mainly of rear end to mouth gifs

cartoon has used that smilie in auspol before though. i'm standing by my harold is cartoon theory.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I don't know if anyone wil lwant to run a mafia after gaspy's. The ever sitting goon cannot reach that high a bar.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

JOJO MAFIA!

(but it would have to at least wait until all of Stardust Crusaders has aired)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Anidav posted:

Japanese Transformers next.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uayCAikpH88
Look at this poo poo, it writes itself.

Thats a japanese dub of an amaerican transformers show, but I'd probably do one of the japanese ones at some stage.

Also: Beast Wars.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh my god yes

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I never watched beast wars I thought it was dumb.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

JOJO MAFIA!

(but it would have to at least wait until all of Stardust Crusaders has aired)

Phantom Blood, Dios Zombies as scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anidav posted:

Phantom Blood, Dios Zombies as scum.

Stardust Crusaders would probably work better, the whole reason no one can tell who's who anymore is because it's the work of an enemy stand!

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Bifauxnen posted:

Stardust Crusaders would probably work better, the whole reason no one can tell who's who anymore is because it's the work of an enemy stand!

Just spoil the poo poo out of it, all one of the people who care and also don't know the big deals can eat poo poo.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Dibs on Iggy.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

POST GAME RUNDOWN

Okay as Milky caught on to, several of the characters people got were based around their personality, however not as many as some might think. Most people were randomly assigned a Transformer, and then given a role based on that. So we have:

Randomized

bell jar - BEACHCOMBER - Town Nurse
Bifauxnen - SOUNDWAVE - Scum Voyeur
black_tangled - PERCEPTOR - Town Watcher
GoldStandardConure - HOUND - Backup Watcher
Gough Suppressant - THUNDERCRACKER - Vanilla Scum
Harold Krell - RUMBLE - Vanilla Scum
Kommando - SEASPRAY - Vanilla Town
Lid - JAZZ - Vanilla Town
MC Eating Disorder - WARPATH - Vanilla Town
Mithranderp - RATCHET - Town Doctor
Rudatron - MIRAGE - Town Even Night Commuter
Small Keating - SMOKESCREEN - Town Roleblocker
thatbastardken - KICKBACK - Scum Watcher
Those On My Left - PROWL - Town Cop
Tirade - SKYWARP - Vanilla Scum
Tommofork - TRAILBREAKER - Town One-Shot Bulletproof
Webmeister - SHRAPNEL - Vanilla Scum

Hand Picked Names and Roles

Splode - CLIFFJUMPER - Town Tracker/even night Vigilante

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYuFjT89l0

Cliffjumper is hot-headed, quick to action and very keen to weed out the suspicious and the traitorous, normally with a shoot first, ask questions later kind of approach, very much like Splode's mafia playstyle.

SKY COQ - GRIMLOCK - Town Vengeful

This ones a bit personal, I imagine SKY COQ might know why I associate him with Grimlock.

Seagull - SWOOP - Vanilla Town

*SQUAWK*

Plotterboy - BRAWL - Scum One Shot Strongman Vigilante

Again matching character to playstyle, Plopp is all about charging in and just stirring poo poo up, lashing out at people and not giving a poo poo. Gets real mad all the time.

Milky Moor - BOMBSHELL - Scum Roleblocker

Milky is very, very good at manipulating people at Mafia, so giving him a character with mind control fit really well. Also I knew going into this game people would probably assume Milky was Town, and I wanted to both play off that assumption and also make Milky a bit more survivable; if he were town, both scumhunting and roleplaying, he'd be dead within days, and I wanted him to be in the game long enough to enjoy it.

Matthew Beet - IRONHIDE - Town Bodyguard

Beet is someone people rally around, a general source of good will and a pillar of the Auspol community. Despite all this, people also constantly comment on how old and poo poo he is. Just like Ironhide!

Ironic Sex Tourist - HUFFER - Town Bus Driver

Soag was originally Vanilla Town and then cracked the shits and asked to be made into a busdriver. I said lol okay because I thought the role sounded hilarious. Character was picked for name alone.

Fruity Gordo - SLAG - Town Vengeful

Slag is basically just a big, angry cat, which Fruity would love, and I wanted her to have the Vengeful ability in case she got lynched too early. The name is a bit unfortunate, however. Fruity has assured me it is a word she loves using though.

Avshalom - BUMBLEBEE - Town Deputy

Bumblebee is loved by all, and has a spirited approach to life, getting frustrated but NEVER bowed or broken, always trying harder and succeeding through effort and passion. Bumblebee jokes around but is very sincere, and is also haunted by Ariel Sharon.

Anidav - RED ALERT - Town Cop - Sanity: PARANOID

:v:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Night Action Debrief to follow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Asphyxious posted:

Anidav - RED ALERT - Town Cop - Sanity: PARANOID

Haha, holy poo poo, Anidav if you thought D1 was bad enough with no one believing your disruptive stories, you are really lucky you didn't live long enough to use that!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I didn't tell any stories :shrug:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just saying, the fallout from that would've been spectacular.

"Hey guys, guess what, I picked ANOTHER scum!"

"What, how come they flipped - oh, I must be an insane cop, that means all these guys must be townies!"

ohhh my it could've been such a mess.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Is sanity a dice roll on night action success or did I literally get designed to die?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
You will always pick someone as scum if you're paranoid.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
[quote=]
SKY COQ - GRIMLOCK - Town Vengeful

This ones a bit personal, I imagine SKY COQ might know why I associate him with Grimlock.
[/quote]

Because I have a Grimlock on my desk?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

SKY COQ posted:

Because I have a Grimlock on my desk?

when I was having a panic attack the first thing I got was a snap of grimlock from you asking if I was okay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

Matthew Beet - IRONHIDE - Town Bodyguard

Beet is someone people rally around, a general source of good will and a pillar of the Auspol community. Despite all this, people also constantly comment on how old and poo poo he is. Just like Ironhide!

:negative:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

NIGHT ONE

-Bifauxnen peeps on Beet
-black_tangled watches splode
-Beet guards Soag
-Milky blocks Kommando
-Mith protects Lid
-Small Keating blocks COQ (yuo go SK!)
-Splode tracks lid
-TOML investigates Soag
-TBK watches Milky
-Soag busdrives himself and Fruity

Beet is now protecting Fruity
TOML is now investigating Fruity. Result: Town Aligned.

Scum kill: webmeister kills TOML (activating Avs)

MC Eating Disorder leaves the game: with 2 Town leaving in a handful of days (and one other basically doing nothing) I decide in the name of fun and balance to give Splode an even-night Vigilante ability.

NIGHT TWO

-Avshalom investigates COQ: He's town.
-Bifauxnen peeps on Lid
-black_tangled watches Avshalom
-Beet guards Soag
-Milky blocks Kommando
-Mith protects Soag
-Plotterboy Strongman Kills Soag
-Rudatron commutes
-Splode vig kills Tirade
-TBK watches Milky
Soag busdrives himself and Avshalom

- okay so here was my dilemma, which goes through, the "UNSTOPPABLE UNBLOCKABLE KILL" or soag's actions? half the wikis claimed a strongman kill works as a ROLEBLOCKER+KILL, the others claimed it just ignored PROTECTIVE roles. TOML and Mills both came to the conclusion that the busdriver ability trumps the "this kill definitely hits", and in doing so sealed Avs fate.

Beet is now guarding Avshalom
Mith is now protecting Avshalom
Plotterboy is now Strongmanning Avshalom
black_tangled is now targeting soag: results? the only person who targeted soag was: soag.

Scum Kill: Tirade kills Beet

NIGHT THREE

-Bifauxnen peeps lid
-black_tangled watches bell jar
-Milky blocks Plott (ooh what a rascal!)
-Mith protects Milky
-Splode tracks Milky : Milky targeted Plott.
-TBK watches black tangled

Scum Kill: Harold Krell kills Mithranderp (Activating bell jar)

NIGHT FOUR

-Bifauxnen peeps Fruity
-black_tangled watches Plott : Plott targeted by B_T, TBK, Milky, Splode
-Milky Blocks Plott
-Rudatron commutes
-Splode vig kills Plott
-TBK watches Plott : Plott targeted by B_T, TBK, Milky, Splode
- bell jar protects Milky (Doctors, stop, what are you doing...)

Scum Kill: Harold Krell kills black_tangled (Activating GoldStandardConure)

NIGHT FIVE

-Bifauxnen peeps Splode: he was protected, watched and peeped.
-Milky blocks Tommofork
-Splode tracks GSC : GSC targeted Splode
-TBK watches Seagull
-bell jar protects Splode
-GSC watches Splode : Splode was targeted by GSC, bell jar and Bif

Scum Kill: Harold Krell kills Fruity

NIGHT SIX

-Bifauxnen peeps on Milky
-Rudatron commutes
-Splode Vig Kills Small Keating
-TBK watches bell jar : bell jar was targeted by TBK and GSC
-bell jar protects Splode
-GSC watches bell jar : bell jar was targeted by TBK and GSC

Scum Kill: thatbastardken kills bell jar

NIGHT SEVEN

-Bifauxnen peeps on Splode : Splode was KILLED!!
-Milky blocks TBK
-Splode tracks TBK : I evidently forget the difference between watcher and tracker because I tell splode MILKY also targeted TBK but it doesn't matter because

Scum Kill: Bifauxnen kills Splode

NIGHT EIGHT

-Bifauxnen peeps at Coq : COQ was killed
-Rudatron Vanishes

Scum Kill: Bifauxnen kills SKY COQ

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Jan 29, 2015

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Note: on night 2 I was all set to peep on Beet, but decided at the last second to switch to Lid, since nothing had happened on Beet the night before.

The following morning, when Beet was dead and there was supposed to be some big clusterfuck going on, but I had seen nothing, I actually forgot for a moment that I had switched to Lid and was all "wait, what?!"

It worked out being a great excuse to roleclaim!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Asphyxious posted:

when I was having a panic attack the first thing I got was a snap of grimlock from you asking if I was okay

Oh of course!

• Locked thread