Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Badass. I really need to play more Hyrule Warriors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

loving awesome

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it owns when nintendo announces stuff for the first time when its less than 3 months away. none of this metroid prime 4 poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

gently caress that sounds cool.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you God for taking Zelda out of the Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword/Spirit Tracks fail zone and into the Based Era.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

drat, this was just in time for me to get back into musou, too. thank you, nintendo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Thank you God for taking Zelda out of the Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword/Spirit Tracks fail zone and into the Based Era.

this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

net cafe scandal posted:

twilight princess is win

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking forward to taking keeps with revali and unlocking new, sick zelda characters.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

:amen:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

elf help book posted:

twilight princess is win

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

elf help book posted:

twilight princess is win

it’s aged pretty well imo. a fun game.

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

net cafe scandal posted:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

• Zelda Team / Koei Tecmo co-production

• BotW engine and assets

• Zelda Team wrote the story and the dialogues AND directed the gameplay

• Canon

:vince:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

elf help book posted:

twilight princess is win

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I hope that each of the divine beast champions gets a final story mission where you just hold out against an endless tide of enemies as long as you can like halo reach

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

elf help book posted:

twilight princess is win

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
well i know what i'm spending my one-musou-game-per-gen token on

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I saw the tweet and said "awesome, that's cool" and then I got around to actually watching the video and holy poo poo that's such a loving good idea for the setting/story of a Warriors game.

I was always kinda meh on BOTW's story because it's all just empty post-apocalyptic stuff told second hand, but this looks loving amazing. Using BOTW assets is also a great idea. drat this is awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

nintendo was gonna have such a sick e3...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

I saw the tweet and said "awesome, that's cool" and then I got around to actually watching the video and holy poo poo that's such a loving good idea for the setting/story of a Warriors game.

I was always kinda meh on BOTW's story because it's all just empty post-apocalyptic stuff told second hand, but this looks loving amazing. Using BOTW assets is also a great idea. drat this is awesome.

yeah when I first glanced at the tweet I thought it would be an expansion with breath of the wild characters or something but this is amazing

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

American McGay posted:

the story being written by the BOTW team hopefully means we will get some cool new characters too or maybe some tie-ins to BOTW2.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Famous TV Dad posted:

the story being written by the BOTW team hopefully means we will get some cool new characters too or maybe some tie-ins to BOTW2.

little BOTW2 previews would own. Nintendo is going to get a lot of money with this, Mario 3d all stars, and Mario world 3d

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

• Zelda Team / Koei Tecmo co-production

• BotW engine and assets

• Zelda Team wrote the story and the dialogues AND directed the gameplay

• Canon

:vince:

BotW engine is bizarre lol, why not use the HW engine. I'm excited to see how that turns out

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

looking forward to having to get to the allied base and jumping off a thousand foot cliff and ragdolling to get their faster

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I played Hyrule Warriors for untold hours and barely scratched the surface of content, looking forward to doing the same with the sequel.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

BotW engine is bizarre lol, why not use the HW engine. I'm excited to see how that turns out

Hyrule Warriors looks like donkey dogshit whereas BotW is an artistic masterpiece

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I wonder if the heavy Nintendo participation will finally tamp down the musou horniness

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

AverySpecialfriend posted:

Hyrule Warriors looks like donkey dogshit whereas BotW is an artistic masterpiece

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Excited to see what Koei Tecmo does with Urbosa

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Randomly talking with my high school students about video games at the end of the day. Only one girl and myself have a Nintendo Switch. Everyone else has an Xbox or a PS4.

I put on the bits of the Mario releases and two things stood out:

According to high school students (born in 2003 or later), Mario 64 is the best Mario game ever.

They all think that the Mario Kart home circuit is amazing and they now want a Switch. One kid even began designing what his track would look like based on connecting his kitchen and living room with a board to go over a step.

Edit: also should note, most of them were also excited about the Xbox Series S because of its price (which is the same as the Switch)

Bizarro Kanyon fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 9, 2020

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Randomly talking with my high school students about video games at the end of the day. Only one girl and myself have a Nintendo Switch. Everyone else has an Xbox or a PS4.

I put on the bits of the Mario releases and two things stood out:

According to high school students (born in 2003 or later), Mario 64 is the best Mario game ever.

They all think that the Mario Kart home circuit is amazing and they now want a Switch. One kid even began designing what his track would look like based on connecting his kitchen and living room with a board to go over a step.

Edit: also should note, most of them were also excited about the Xbox Series S because of its price (which is the same as the Switch)

tl;dr?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Excited to see what Koei Tecmo does with Urbosa

she uses the same model as botw in the trailer.

Game looks really good.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

You might wanna sit down for this one, but kids love mario kart.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll be honest, high schoolers being excited for Mario Kart toy tracks kinda surprised me but then I remembered when I was in high school and I spent 12 hours a day inputing random strings of numbers into the GameShark and then booting up Goldeneye and seeing if it did anything or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Arrhythmia posted:

You might wanna sit down for this one, but kids love mario kart.

bullshit. thats not true