Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
jim sterling is not funny nor is he a good critic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Gripweed posted:

This is what all American comics look like

this is what all Japanese comics look like

Both look like shite hth

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Season 3 of stranger things is bad like really bad

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

fridge corn posted:

true, and you're a bad person for double posting instead of using the edit button

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

fridge corn posted:

How do you think it compares to S1? Like the question I'm asking is, did you like Stranger Things in the first place?¨

*because I think S3 is better than S2 but both are much worse than S1, because in the beginning the show had novelty, and mystery, because you didn't know what was going on

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

doverhog posted:

How do you think it compares to S1? Like the question I'm asking is, did you like Stranger Things in the first place?¨

*because I think S3 is better than S2 but both are much worse than S1, because in the beginning the show had novelty, and mystery, because you didn't know what was going on

Season 1 was really good and I felt season 2 was okay if a bit derivative but season 3 leans so heavily on blatant 80s nostalgia that it's impossible to take seriously

doverhog
May 31, 2013

S2 felt like such a drop off a cliff that probably S3 feels better just because I had no expectations for it anymore.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My memory of season 3 is overbearing whatever that style of synth music is called and the teenagers deal with their hormones and there's a monster and russians that are terrible at their job. It felt all over the place and just wasn't good imho.

At least it didn't have eleven's weird gang thing, so I'd agree with doverhog that it's better than season 2 and season 1 was better than both. It feels like 2 and 3 just keep hammering on the "nerd nostalgia" angle and it gets tiresome after 3 seasons especially when it's not stuff i'm personally nostalgic about, or had no experience whatsoever with like DnD.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

christmas boots posted:

We should release all black people from prison. Some of them probably deserve to be there, but at this point there's no way to know for sure so it makes more sense to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Keep the prison industry afloat and provide jobs for the freed by imprisoning the cops

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Keep the prison industry afloat and provide jobs for the freed by imprisoning the cops

American prisons are too cruel even for cops. I have a different idea for how to deal with cops. Have you ever heard of a game called Fortnite?

TheMaskedUgly
Sep 21, 2008

Let's play a different game.

Gripweed posted:

This is what all American comics look like

this is what all Japanese comics look like

lol

doverhog
May 31, 2013

The vast majority of comics are not good at all. Neither are most books, or movies, or TV shows.

Here is a panel from another comic book. You may spot a difference.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

doverhog posted:

The vast majority of comics are not good at all. Neither are most books, or movies, or TV shows.

yeah that one is a massive pain in the rear end to read

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

was that left out in the sun for a decade or what

why would anyone print something meant to be read in that color

doverhog
May 31, 2013

It is washed out because the light of God is so bright you can barely see anything when you get too close to it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Pretty sure that'll be easier to read in print too.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Gripweed posted:

Have you ever heard of a game called Fortnite?
Beyond forced to play fortnite is too cruel even for the pigs.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Handicapped bathroom stalls are not handicapped parking spaces. They are there to ensure handicapped people have a place to poo poo, not ensure that they never have to wait to poo poo.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Put everybody in prison except for me. Planet is mine, fuckers.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

All toilets should be fully enclosed handicapped accessible locking stalls (with a red/green marker to indicate if it's locked or not). We aren't barbarians, there's no reason why we need all those gaps in the stall for people to see that you're in there and that you poop. Nobody wants to know all those grunts and awful smell are coming from your boss.

also you should be fired on the spot if you try and open a locked stall, and arrested if you start shaking the door when it won't open.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

yeah I eat rear end posted:

All toilets should be fully enclosed handicapped accessible locking stalls (with a red/green marker to indicate if it's locked or not). We aren't barbarians, there's no reason why we need all those gaps in the stall for people to see that you're in there and that you poop. Nobody wants to know all those grunts and awful smell are coming from your boss.

also you should be fired on the spot if you try and open a locked stall, and arrested if you start shaking the door when it won't open.

the reason stall haves gaps at the bottom is for ease of cleaning, so smells can dissipate easier, and to try to stop people from loving in them

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Agreed

Door shakers are like people who block aisles in stores, I literally don’t understand how a thinking human being could be so oblivious

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
shopping at a store? pff, plebians

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Gripweed posted:

the reason stall haves gaps at the bottom is for ease of cleaning, so smells can dissipate easier, and to try to stop people from loving in them

Put individual drains in the stall floors, put proper ventilation in each one. The solution is out there, buildings are just too cheap to allow their employees to poo poo in comfort.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Single-occupancy, unisex bathrooms would solve basically every bathroom-related problem we have in America right now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Single-occupancy, unisex bathrooms would solve basically every bathroom-related problem we have in America right now.

Then we can finally start tackling the real problem of people not putting the toilet paper in the correct overhand fashion.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

doverhog posted:

Is this supposed to be an example of a good comic? Lmao

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bradzilla posted:

The only good comic was that one Far Side where the snake ate the baby.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

bradzilla posted:

That's from Promethea. We can talk about if it's good but you should read it first or it's not really gonna work.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

ToxicSlurpee posted:

the only bathroom problem there is, is that some shithead keeps putting urinals in the mens rooms when there could be more stalls instead

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

doverhog posted:

That's from Promethea. We can talk about if it's good but you should read it first or it's not really gonna work.

If you want to make someone think a comic book is good, but you don't want to talk about the plot to avoid spoilers, then you should post a page that is artistically impressive or interesting even removed from context

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Translating to english but keeping the right-to-left panel order is lazy and irritating.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Translating to english but keeping the right-to-left panel order is lazy and irritating.

mirroring the panels is really dumb and bad. It fucks up the composition and if there's any words or symbols or anything like that, it becomes really obvious and distracting that it was flipped

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Gripweed posted:

mirroring the panels is really dumb and bad. It fucks up the composition and if there's any words or symbols or anything like that, it becomes really obvious and distracting that it was flipped

It's obvious and distracting that the words are in the wrong order too.

I get that if you read a lot of manga you get used to it things being backwards but every time someone posts a page out of context it looks weird and wrong.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doctor Spaceman posted:

It's obvious and distracting that the words are in the wrong order too.

I get that if you read a lot of manga you get used to it things being backwards but every time someone posts a page out of context it looks weird and wrong.

Sounds to me like the problem is that you don't read enough manga

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Gripweed posted:

Sounds to me like the problem is that you don't read enough manga

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

The only bathroom I ever saw that violated this was at the Reichstag. The walls went up about 20 feet and all the way to the floor. Plenty of room for cabbage farts and orgies.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Mens toilets are absolutely grotesque and proof that men are absolute animals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

doverhog posted:

As somebody who grew up in a post - communist country with no real connection to western popculture, I think the main thing that saved Stranger Things 1 was that it was pretty nuanced about its nostalgia aspect, it was enjoyable even if you weren't part of the "only 80s kids remember" circle jerk - it was built as a really solid story.

But then idiots started obsessing about "omg, it's like the 80s, remember the 80s?" and the writers decided to indulge this obnoxious crowd, which made the latter seasons, 3 in particular, practically unwatchable. Also they have run out of ideas and characters, and use the 80s poo poo to fill in for actual content.