Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

nullandvoid posted:

:stonk:

Was someone trying to start a fire?

That someone wasn't lighting it, they were fighting it.
It was, in fact, always burning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nullandvoid
Mar 7, 2006

Look, the Mona Lisa's not a better painting, it's merely a more famous one, and it was made more famous because it was stolen. And this was stolen, so...
That rules us out.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

OMFG FURRY posted:

its also a cobra. and that looks like several different other snakes, so it just got too greedy with its meals

Yeah, it looks like snake a was eating snake b and was devoured by snake c, which puked them up.

Stocky Manhood
Jul 29, 2014

Can I get a hat wobble?

nullandvoid posted:

That rules us out.

Yeah, well, I didnt start the fire

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

I. M. Gei posted:

I can think of at least two possible reasons someone would do this, one of which is that they thought they were blocking a draft.

My guess is this, but they were kind of a slumlord so I also wouldn't rule out attempted insurance fraud.

nullandvoid posted:

:stonk:

Was someone trying to start a fire?

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

This isn't getting enough love

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

BiggerBoat posted:

This isn't getting enough love
Turn on your monitor

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Yeah, it looks like snake a was eating snake b and was devoured by snake c, which puked them up.

The circle of life

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Waste of Breath posted:

My guess is this, but they were kind of a slumlord so I also wouldn't rule out attempted insurance fraud.

or trying to get more cash from the coin operator dryer

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

Similar kits like this are sold on Etsy for $4 each.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1282540715/customized-student-success-kits

It's just like random crap found in a Walmart parking lot except the Band-Aid isn't used and a condom would be included...also used.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
infantilize mental illness and #breakthestigma

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Is this really what Snickers Minis look like in America? It's like someone cut off a piece from a full-sized bar and resealed it.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
it's wafer thin

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

it's wafer thin

It's cursed how powerful of imagery this phrase conjures in my brain. drat you Monty Python.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

I. M. Gei posted:

I can think of at least two possible reasons someone would do this, one of which is that they thought they were blocking a draft.

The other reason is animals, like maybe rats were going in and out of the vent or a mother cat put her kittens inside it. I once had a feral cat hide a litter of kittens inside the back bumper of our SUV; I heard mewing coming out of it and had to yank out the grommets and pull the bumper partway off the car to get them all out. Did your rental house ever have feral cats living near it?

I did appliance installation for a bit and one house had a pet rabbit in the backyard and when removing the dryer I discovered the rabbit had been spending time in the vent and it was full of rabbit poop

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

dr_rat posted:

Boa constrictor are actually one of the better snakes to suddenly come across,

You're in the woods: would you rather come across a man, bear, or giant snek?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

By popular demand posted:

What's with the chicken wire too? what style are we going for?

Gymnasium protective glass

Android Apocalypse posted:

That stuff makes great firestarting material if you're into the backpacking life.

Ah yes, nothing quite like the cheery smell of burning textiles and the sight of melting goop on my logs

more falafel please posted:

This is the style of dryer filter I have and I hate it. It's impossible to pull it out without dumping dust on the top of the dryer, or into the basket of clothes right in front of it. I guess it isn't a problem if you let it get compressed to poo poo like that, but I'm normal so it sucks

Pull it when you're transferring in a load from the washer. Take a damp piece of clothing, wipe the top of the dryer, and toss it in to dry. Voila.

Liquid Chicken posted:

It's just like random crap found in a Walmart parking lot except the Band-Aid isn't used and a condom would be included sofa...also used.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

it's wafer thin

Fuckin' scene. Couldn't eat an After Eight mint for a decade.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:15 on May 16, 2024

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Or you can just use the main lint glob to wipe the top of the dryer, lint collects itself!

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Liquid Chicken posted:

It's just like random crap found in a Walmart parking lot except the Band-Aid isn't used and a condom would be included...also used.

What could be the cutesy message for the condom?

CONDOM: to catch your mistakes

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Das Boo posted:

When management is loving you over

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Liquid Chicken posted:

Having a hard time not reading this as "An irritation to your future success"

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

When I was in Boy Scouts we would take dryer lint and dip it in paraffin wax to make firestarters. Just a slight flame for spark and those things would burn really good for a few minutes.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Das Boo posted:

CONDOM: to take the load off

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 16, 2024

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bonzo posted:

When I was in Boy Scouts we would take dryer lint and dip it in paraffin wax to make firestarters. Just a slight flame for spark and those things would burn really good for a few minutes.

You used to put it and sometimes sawdust in those cardboard egg containers, cut them into 12s and do the paraffin wax. Just let them dangle from your pack like testicles yearning to burst into fire with a spark. So much fun.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Facebook Aunt posted:

You're in the woods: would you rather come across a man, bear, or giant snek?

Giant snek, it will lead me to where all the giant apples are at.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

By popular demand posted:

What's with the chicken wire too? what style are we going for?

it's so you can hang jewelry on it

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Milo and POTUS posted:

Just let them dangle from your pack like testicles yearning to burst into fire with a spark.

just like real testicles

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

My current apartment had one of those top-filter dryers. I had never seen that before so after looking all over the place inside my dryer and around the door for a filter without success I figured it must have been some kind of cool future dryer with no filter and did my first several months of wash without emptying the filter.

It was pretty bad when I finally noticed the little door on top, but no where near that guy's.

Paladinus posted:

Is this really what Snickers Minis look like in America? It's like someone cut off a piece from a full-sized bar and resealed it.
Yes, but I think you underestimate the Snickers options we have available. I'm guessing you're thinking of what are "fun sized" here. Snickers.com actually had a chart.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Milo and POTUS posted:

You used to put it and sometimes sawdust in those cardboard egg containers, cut them into 12s and do the paraffin wax. Just let them dangle from your pack like testicles yearning to burst into fire with a spark. So much fun.

The land where large, fuzzy dice still hang proudly
Like testicles from rear-view mirrors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyY12mEg7Rw

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
"SHARE" SIZE

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Here I am, sharing a Snickers bar with my all my friends. They're all just out frame, enjoying the Snickers too.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Here I am, sharing a Snickers bar with my all my friends. They're all just out frame, enjoying the Snickers too.

I eat the peanuts and Chuck eats the nougat. We share the caramel :3:

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Guy who has played too much Dark Souls: This painting clearly has Dark Souls vibes!

I though the exact same thing :)

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
shows my age if my first thought was carbonite

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
Dryer lint is no joke, poo poo goes up in flames if you look at it wrong.

I used to live in a shithole between a commercial laundry, tattoo studio and a brothel. Bloody laundry would catch fire every 6 months or so from the workers being too lazy to clean out the dryers.

Still better than the tattoo studio, police were there basically every weekend breaking up a fight.

No complaints about the brothel though, both the ladies and their customers were there for a purpose and never caused me any problems outside of the occasional syringe in the garden. Which to be fair was probably from the tattoo place as well.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Knormal posted:

Yes, but I think you underestimate the Snickers options we have available. I'm guessing you're thinking of what are "fun sized" here. Snickers.com actually had a chart.

I think it’s more the fact that the wrapping on the bar doesn’t suggest it’s an actual fun size bar, rather a regular size bar that they cut into pieces to save money on the kits and hastily reglued the wrapping closed, which tracks if they’re looking to prevent from spending too much on mental health kits for their no-good broke-brained employees.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Knormal posted:

My current apartment had one of those top-filter dryers. I had never seen that before so after looking all over the place inside my dryer and around the door for a filter without success I figured it must have been some kind of cool future dryer with no filter and did my first several months of wash without emptying the filter.

It was pretty bad when I finally noticed the little door on top, but no where near that guy's.

This chart isn't comprehensive.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

453.6g is a start but it cannot be that americans don't also have a longass snickers cake.

E: nope, only homemade creations.
I did find this fine product:

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 16, 2024

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Jokes aside snickers dessert sauce is very nice, aldi has it sporadically. A bit like a salted caramel and chocolate sauce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This chart isn't comprehensive.

The man who can wield the power of this bar can summon to him an army more deadly than any that walks this earth.