Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

A. Beaverhausen posted:

A more important question, is the guide wrong and can you gently caress Mr Handy?

Having sex with your domestic servant would be unethical.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Sputty posted:

And having sex with a domestic servant isnt? If Mrs Handy can give me a handy so can Mr :colbert:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Sputty posted:

Mr Handy is too professional to ruin your relationship of Master and Faithful Robot Servant with Sex. French Medic bots on the other hand...

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
PLEASE ASSUME THE POSITION

NUMBNESS WILL SUBSIDE IN SEVERAL MINUTES

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Sputty posted:

still makes me sick in games when you can have sex out of marriage

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Star Guarded posted:

If health gains from endurance happen at level-up, min/maxers probably won't want to use endurance as a dump stat like I am, though.

Let's be honest, Fallout 3 and NV were not very hard even on the highest difficulty so I'm pretty sure you'll be fine with only 1 endurance. I mean the water breathing perk sounds cool but I hate swimming in video games.

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

Eonwe posted:

yes bobble heads are in

While we're on the subject, do we know if there will be bobbleheads beyond the SPECIAL stat ones? There is no more skill leveling, but early pictures do show the bobblehead stand having 20 slots total. I'm already sad about there being no more skillbooks. Less bobbleheads would be icing on the cake.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
snowglobes>bobbleheads

p.s. someone posted all the bobblehead boons from a strategy guide a few pages back iirc

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
There are apparently non-SPECIAL bobbleheads that give perks that's not on the giant perk board. Magazines are also supposed to give unique perks.

edit:

snowglobes>bobbleheads>>>those levitating gems in Skyrim

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

The Science Bobblehead gives you one more guess in the hacking minigame

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I'm pretty torn on what stats to start with. I wish I knew what category shotguns fall under, and whether or not explosives/heavy weapons are viable.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I happened to be fiddling around in Steam and FO4 randomly downloaded 100mb of new data. Strange.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Vargs posted:

I'm pretty torn on what stats to start with. I wish I knew what category shotguns fall under, and whether or not explosives/heavy weapons are viable.

I'd assume most shotguns are 2 handed, non-automatic, so they would be governed by perception.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock

New Leaf posted:

I happened to be fiddling around in Steam and FO4 randomly downloaded 100mb of new data. Strange.

Did you happen to change the game language or something? The app hasn't updated since a day ago, at least. https://steamdb.info/app/377160/history/

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

ymgve posted:

Did you happen to change the game language or something? The app hasn't updated since a day ago, at least. https://steamdb.info/app/377160/history/

Nope. I was uninstalling a few things on my SSD and I noticed something patching and clicked over and it was Fallout. My max size was 28.7g yesterday, 28.8g now. Don't know what happened.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Does this game have annoying visual effects for being drunk? Party Boy sounds hilarious but I'd rather not damage my already bad eyes.

Jack-of-all-Trades Drunk/High No-VATS fighter: http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=3&p=4&e=3&c=7&i=7&a=2&l=2

VVVV Hell yes

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 7, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Does this game have annoying visual effects for being drunk? Party Boy sounds hilarious but I'd rather not damage my already bad eyes.

Only for withdrawal/coming down I think.

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Neraren posted:

While we're on the subject, do we know if there will be bobbleheads beyond the SPECIAL stat ones? There is no more skill leveling, but early pictures do show the bobblehead stand having 20 slots total. I'm already sad about there being no more skillbooks. Less bobbleheads would be icing on the cake.

The list of all bobbleheads was linked.. And yes not all of them are SPECIAL. Looks like one for each SPECIAL and then a bunch of other stuff.

here: http://i.imgur.com/VGf7Ciu.jpg

crabcakes66 fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 7, 2015

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Jaunty little tune by Dan Bull based on the SPECIAL videos, hadn't seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQPfVZbMbg

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I don't know why yyou guys are sweating character builds, you know Bethesda has never ever forced you to make a meaningful gameplay decision

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
We're massive sperglords

Mr. Torrance
Sep 16, 2006
Have you ever thought about MY RESPONSIBILITIES?

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

I don't know why yyou guys are sweating character builds, you know Bethesda has never ever forced you to make a meaningful gameplay decision

We really don't want to miss out on the many varied dialog options.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Slugnoid posted:

finally i'll be able to bone mayor mccready without having to download certain mods.

In my mind, Cait is somehow related to the Cassidy family with that background info.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Mr. Torrance posted:

We really don't want to miss out on the many varied dialog options.

Ah. Carry, epically, on then.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Because I have nothing else to do!

Lukavi
Aug 23, 2006
Place your bets now
Will we be able to max out special? I get you can collect the bobble heads and I'm sure there is an intense training perk. Anyone know if we'll get to pay to increase like Vegas or gain more from quests?

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

no decision in a videogame has ever had any real meaning. (no decision anyone has ever made anywhere has any real meaning).

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Lukavi posted:

Will we be able to max out special? I get you can collect the bobble heads and I'm sure there is an intense training perk. Anyone know if we'll get to pay to increase like Vegas or gain more from quests?

You can spend perks to raise special as much as you want.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Lukavi posted:

Instead of spending a point on a perk at level up, you can increase a SPECIAL. Someone said earlier in the thread bobbleheads can make SPECIAL go over 10

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

crabcakes66 posted:

The list of all bobbleheads was linked.. And yes not all of them are SPECIAL. Looks like one for each SPECIAL and then a bunch of other stuff.

here: http://i.imgur.com/VGf7Ciu.jpg

A repair bobblehead? If degradation for weapons and armor is out, what's repair reserved for? Power Armor?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

no decision in a videogame has ever had any real meaning. (no decision anyone has ever made anywhere has any real meaning).

u know what I meant u pedant smh

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Gnome de plume posted:

Jaunty little tune by Dan Bull based on the SPECIAL videos, hadn't seen it before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQPfVZbMbg

Dang, this is really good!

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
They should add an auction house so you can trade the random enchanted weapon drops for ones you want.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

crime fighting hog posted:

A repair bobblehead? If degradation for weapons and armor is out, what's repair reserved for? Power Armor?

They just used the skills from fallout 3 for the bobblehead names. The repair bobblehead in fallout 4 just increases fusion core duration by 10%. I can't find the image I linked earlier about what each one does.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

u know what I meant u pedant smh

You pick what you level up. You can eventually take all the perks if you get to level 380 something but looking at streamers it looks like people are gonna go to around 50 or 60 or so by the end of the game and so you do have to pick what perks you take and it does matter what perks you take in what order.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

You pick what you level up. You can eventually take all the perks if you get to level 380 something but looking at streamers it looks like people are gonna go to around 50 or 60 or so by the end of the game and so you do have to pick what perks you take and it does matter what perks you take in what order.

I'm guessing that's sorta his point

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
oh cool, I was worried the SPECIAL was going to be more or less locked in at the start like the last games (except for bobbleheads and the cybernetics in NV). The option to choose to either take a perk or add a special point at level up is brilliant.

Also, have any of the streams leaked any of the licenced music? I'd love to know if there's going to be some more 50's rock and roll this time around instead of the usual mopey 1930's swing crap.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
different guy is streaming at http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

he appears to not be using pipe-pistols :(

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

different guy is streaming at http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

he appears to not be using pipe-pistols

As soon as you posted this he pulled one out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

Offensive Clock
Stingwings seem to be the new Cazadors (or this dude possibly just sucks)

• Locked thread