Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

StoryTime posted:

As a software engineer, people calling us lazy gets me kinda salty as well. After about 2 decades in the industry, I've never seen a lazy coder keep their job for more than a couple of months. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of garbage quality code pushed into source control around 3am, cause that's how this poo poo rolls.

There are very few lazy coders around, it's just not the kind of occupation that invites people who aren't dedicated to what they do.

That being said, I'm really enjoying the Guardian with Cohorts playstyle. Smite is a crazy good melee skill, and Herald of Purity with the Guardian buffs is dumb good. With the minion nodes contributing to both, I don't think I've ever had this easy time leveling SSF. I pathed out of my way to get 2 specters and the minion nodes there, but that might have been a mistake. It'd probably be better just to convert Smite all the way into lightning and capitalize on that. On the other hand, when my gaggle of minions catches up with me, they delete things very fast even if I have to jump out. Dominating Blow is interesting, but I've used it mostly for tagging good rare monsters so far. I'm thinking about doing a weapon swap with it for boss killing.

I switched from smite entirely over to dominating blow and have a goddam army.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

Devor posted:

Does anyone have a build they really like for Delving that deletes stuff without slowing down? I'm running an Ahn's Might Cleave Jugg that feels pretty good survivability-wise, but it's a bit slow sometimes. I'm thinking maybe RF for blitzing through killing everything, curious if anyone has experience they'd like to share positively/negatively

I want to run it again since it was fun last league and wasn't nerfed at all, but Ele Heralds Blade Vortex seems tailor made for Delve.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

AegisP posted:

I want to run it again since it was fun last league and wasn't nerfed at all, but Ele Heralds Blade Vortex seems tailor made for Delve.

I would say it seems nowhere near tanky enough for delves myself

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

StoryTime posted:

As a software engineer, people calling us lazy gets me kinda salty as well. After about 2 decades in the industry, I've never seen a lazy coder keep their job for more than a couple of months. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of garbage quality code pushed into source control around 3am, cause that's how this poo poo rolls.

There are very few lazy coders around, it's just not the kind of occupation that invites people who aren't dedicated to what they do.

lol there are no lazy coders my entire rear end

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

AggressivelyStupid posted:

lol there are no lazy coders my entire rear end

Yeah, that describes basically my entire office (except me of course, I am amazing)

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Devor posted:

Does anyone have a build they really like for Delving that deletes stuff without slowing down? I'm running an Ahn's Might Cleave Jugg that feels pretty good survivability-wise, but it's a bit slow sometimes. I'm thinking maybe RF for blitzing through killing everything, curious if anyone has experience they'd like to share positively/negatively

This is the problem with a minion focused build, they lag behind, and sometimes they just love to run down a side path and attack invulnerable mobs while dying of the darkness degen. I'm thinking about getting an unset ring with Convocation in it to herd them better, but just rushing in deeper to force the automatic teleport has been somewhat viable. Quite risky though, slamming my palm on the potion key row is often the only way to survive.

During the delve encounters minions are golden. Everything dies as soon as it spawns.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vulpes posted:

Yeah, that describes basically my entire office (except me of course, I am amazing)
same but including me

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
How is minion melee guardian turning out compared to the tried and true necromancer?

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

hawowanlawow posted:

I switched from smite entirely over to dominating blow and have a goddam army.

Me too. I tried using just Smite, but having a huge posse is so fun. I still throw out a Smite every now and then for the aura, though.

I'm thinking of adding in Spectres, since I picked up the +1 notable. Anyone know some good support spectres? They don't need to do damage; I have plenty of that already.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Noper Q posted:

Me too. I tried using just Smite, but having a huge posse is so fun. I still throw out a Smite every now and then for the aura, though.

I'm thinking of adding in Spectres, since I picked up the +1 notable. Anyone know some good support spectres? They don't need to do damage; I have plenty of that already.

Carnage Chieftain (gives all allies frenzy charges) and Host Chieftain (gives all allies power charges) from The Ashen Fields in act 7. Be sure to link blood magic with raise spectre otherwise they wont have enough mana to cast more then once. Charges are very strong on minions.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

StoryTime posted:

This is the problem with a minion focused build, they lag behind, and sometimes they just love to run down a side path and attack invulnerable mobs while dying of the darkness degen. I'm thinking about getting an unset ring with Convocation in it to herd them better, but just rushing in deeper to force the automatic teleport has been somewhat viable. Quite risky though, slamming my palm on the potion key row is often the only way to survive.

During the delve encounters minions are golden. Everything dies as soon as it spawns.

Do minions take darkness damage? Seems like they don't

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Do minions take darkness damage? Seems like they don't

No they do not.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

No. But they do die from being whacked by invulnerable mobs repeatedly.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Given that I am extremely lazy, is it worth my while to actually grab an Animated Guardian/Chieftain Spectre? Like how often am I going to need to recast them? Is buying the stuff for a AG as obnoxious as it seems?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

pork never goes bad posted:

No. But they do die from being whacked by invulnerable mobs repeatedly.

Yeah, it's probably the combination of attempting to fight poo poo that doesn't die, and being outside some buffs. I'm not sure exactly how Holy Relic and the Guardian buffs work. But 4 link specters will die if they wander off randomly in delves, even though they are immortal in maps.

Edit: maybe they can't leech off of mobs that don't take damage?

StoryTime fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 4, 2018

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Have to use a item level 64+ bow and don't go over 83.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Devor posted:

Reave (especially vaal) feels really nice since it has good area, doesn't need careful aiming, and you never have to worry about losing stacks. Im currently running champion with shield but you can probably build it a million different ways with dual wield.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Cyclone is great for the hallways. The end set pieces are not as good and you have to move around the room a lot.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Bugsy posted:

I stumbled on this idea a couple hours ago and I wish I had an annul orb now. I could move it to regular delve league and buy one, but eh.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I havent messed around with bows yet, what makes +gem level so good?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

really good for skills that scale off gem level like ele hit and caustic arrow

Awesome! fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 4, 2018

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Control Volume posted:

I havent messed around with bows yet, what makes +gem level so good?

it makes skills like ele hit and caustic arrow do like 30-40% more damage.

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Bugsy posted:

Carnage Chieftain (gives all allies frenzy charges) and Host Chieftain (gives all allies power charges) from The Ashen Fields in act 7. Be sure to link blood magic with raise spectre otherwise they wont have enough mana to cast more then once. Charges are very strong on minions.

Thanks!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I have an idea. A flicker strike idea. Flicker strike wasp nest with herald of agony/purity taking advantage of Spiritual Aid. Good idea? Yes. Best Delve idea? Totally.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I got through uber lab last night and while I made it through in one try, I think it might have been more luck than anything since sometimes a string of two or three attacks would sneak through my block and chunk me to almost nothing, and I wonder what would have happened if they hit four in a row.

Ive slotted in some more damage mitigation skills but one of the problems Im running into is that I only have 4.5k life despite having a lioneye's remorse, that bear helmet that gives almost 100 life, enchantments on my gloves and boots for life, and 189% increased life on the passive tree. Im using a tabula rasa so that doesnt help things, but it seems like almost all my gear has life on it, my passive tree has life on it, but Im not even close to hitting 6k life. How are people getting these high life numbers? Is it something solved by more levelling?

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

TheRat posted:

It seemed perfectly tanky in Incursion when I ran it and that was with those loving machine gun vaal constructs, though I did have an 80% Loreweave at the time for the specific purpose of keeping me alive.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Control Volume posted:

I got through uber lab last night and while I made it through in one try, I think it might have been more luck than anything since sometimes a string of two or three attacks would sneak through my block and chunk me to almost nothing, and I wonder what would have happened if they hit four in a row.

Ive slotted in some more damage mitigation skills but one of the problems Im running into is that I only have 4.5k life despite having a lioneye's remorse, that bear helmet that gives almost 100 life, enchantments on my gloves and boots for life, and 189% increased life on the passive tree. Im using a tabula rasa so that doesnt help things, but it seems like almost all my gear has life on it, my passive tree has life on it, but Im not even close to hitting 6k life. How are people getting these high life numbers? Is it something solved by more levelling?

A few more levels and slightly higher flat life rolls on gear and abyss jewels are the likely culprits. It's easy to look at a ring with 60 life on it and go "that's a lot of life", but you can get >100 there easily.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I am a beemancer this league and drat does it feel good to just sit in the middle of a room, turn it into angry beehive and just watch everything die as it swoops in

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

pork never goes bad posted:

A few more levels and slightly higher flat life rolls on gear and abyss jewels are the likely culprits. It's easy to look at a ring with 60 life on it and go "that's a lot of life", but you can get >100 there easily.

Awesome, I hadnt looked at rings much since I didnt think they had that much life if they stacked resists, but Ill go do some shopping around

Beo
Oct 9, 2007

Bugsy posted:

Thanks this is really helpful and timely as I am about to level a caustic arrow occultist :)

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

TheRat posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186701

How’s this look for tankiness? I was thinking of this for my first build but then ehhh starting a league as scion

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
And you can get really lucky and make this bag of bullshit for level 30 CA with a level 3 empower.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Devor posted:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2186701

How’s this look for tankiness? I was thinking of this for my first build but then ehhh starting a league as scion
maybe dont league start with a build that centers around a 12ex staff

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

Awesome! posted:

maybe dont league start with a build that centers around a 12ex staff

Haha, I didn’t check his prices that he listed. Is it just because it’s early or did demand pick up a ton?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its still very early for uber elder items. will probably be a good bit cheaper in a couple weeks

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
New blog post: Unique items introduced in Delve.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

drat crown of the tyrant seems bonkers for zoo/srs. I wouldn't even need to cast orb of storms anymore to trigger EQ

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Devor posted:

Haha, I didn’t check his prices that he listed. Is it just because it’s early or did demand pick up a ton?
It's early - most of my uniques from the last league that I picked up for 10c total because I rerolled three weeks into Incursion is currently above 60c+ a piece. At this point even low-demand uniques are pricy because supply is very limited and everyone's trying to get as much as they can because they have expensive uniques of their own to buy.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

drat crown of the tyrant seems bonkers for zoo/srs. I wouldn't even need to cast orb of storms anymore to trigger EQ
Keep in mind it has "Has 1 socket" so it isn't as nuts as it looks, I believe GGG confirmed it's local sockets as well.

Some cool stuff introduced though, need to see what I can incorporate into the builds I'm planning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

NitroSpazzz posted:

Keep in mind it has "Has 1 socket" so it isn't as nuts as it looks, I believe GGG confirmed it's local sockets as well.

Some cool stuff introduced though, need to see what I can incorporate into the builds I'm planning.

Welp then its poo poo