Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Paranoid Peanut posted:

Most satisfying:
Be Nazeebo.

Get level 20.

Accrue 175 stacks.

Achieve final form.

Throw a jar of spiders at a tower and watch them eat it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sassy Sasquatch
Feb 28, 2013

Dietrich posted:

what she probably needs is clemency not to trigger the 75 mana back reward, because it's too easy to use. Just spam q three times and then 1 and you top up your team for zero mana and one 10 second cooldown.

I think you lose efficiency in teamfights when you do this though. Clemency does not heal your other zeal targets and W on an enemy heals more anyway. You'd hit her out of combat regen for no good reason without reducing her impact in actual fights.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Dietrich posted:

Throw a jar of spiders at a tower and watch them eat it.

Nazzy Bo's spiders should get bigger when he picks that 20

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Sassy Sasquatch posted:

I think you lose efficiency in teamfights when you do this though. Clemency does not heal your other zeal targets and W on an enemy heals more anyway. You'd hit her out of combat regen for no good reason without reducing her impact in actual fights.

She has to put herself in range of the enemy team to use Inquisition, which offers more counter-play possibilities and makes it a riskier proposition.

Anyway the fact is her ability to top people up outside of combat for free is a huge positive that most other supports cannot match, which I think you're underplaying here.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I think the only supports who can't cheaply heal out of combat are auriel and Uther (tyrande i guess too maybe). That's not whats strong about WM I don't think.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah Uther is just really bad right now. He's even dropped off in popularity in Korea, who loved him for a long time. He's supposed to be a sort of off-tank healer combo but he's not reliably tanky enough to do the former and his mana economy is too hosed to do the latter.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah Uther is just really bad right now. He's even dropped off in popularity in Korea, who loved him for a long time. He's supposed to be a sort of off-tank healer combo but he's not reliably tanky enough to do the former and his mana economy is too hosed to do the latter.

I've seen him used a few times now in HGC as a main tank/second support that seemed to work fairly well with dive-happy comps. But overall I agree, he's like a vanilla pally - not tanky enough to tank, not healy enough to heal, he just sorta takes up space in your 5-man that could be occupied by more damage.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

I've seen him used a few times now in HGC as a main tank/second support that seemed to work fairly well with dive-happy comps. But overall I agree, he's like a vanilla pally - not tanky enough to tank, not healy enough to heal, he just sorta takes up space in your 5-man that could be occupied by more damage.

Uh excuse me you need a guy to apply Blessing of Kings to 40 people every 3 minutes.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

No Wave posted:

I think the only supports who can't cheaply heal out of combat are auriel and Uther (tyrande i guess too maybe). That's not whats strong about WM I don't think.

Lucio and Brightwing are the only two supports that can for free, and Whitemane's throughput is much higher. We're talking 800 healing in 4 seconds, even more if she takes Radiance to drop an extra 175 healing on every teammate with zeal, which could bump her as high as 1500 healing if she spreads the three pleas out on different teammates, gets Zeal on herself from Zealous Spirit, and then uses Clemency to return all the mana.

In the same time period Brightwing heals for 112 and Lúcio for 64, granted that could be as high as 560 or 320 respectively if BW or Lúcio happen to be healing all 5 teammates.

Dietrich fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Sep 12, 2018

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I think one of my favorite things in this game is when you get a triple Q on Alarak's level 4 Q quest soon after you pick it up. When you do its pretty much an auto-win after that because you're just going to dunk on them repeatedly while feeding yourself more passive stacks.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Gobbeldygook posted:

Definitely not. Any ability that can kill someone outside of vision is satisfying.

Yeah sure it CAN, but I've maybe seen that happen twice in 3 years? It does pretty terrible damage unless they're completely alone with no buildings or minions. Hell I'm not sure I've ever died to a hungering arrow by itself. Seems like you'd have to misplay pretty hard for it to last hit.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

I used to feel the same way, but then I tried out her q build and it does pretty big chunks of damage when you complete the puncturing arrow quest

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Most satisfying in the game is CLEARLY Stukhov gong GET OUT and pushing someone a billion miles away. It's just such a gently caress you sometimes, it's brilliant.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Found in Blizzcon virtual ticket version of OW:

Pretty well done.

I hope it means Sombra is coming to HotS, though that's a hella stretch.

e: vvvv I thought but the moves just don't line up at all. The best I can do is an incredible shoehorn:

Sombra stealth - Valla custom hearth animation :effort:
Sombra teleport - Valla animation on roll, but in HotS she doesn't disjoint, so the animation would be misleading
Sombra right click hack - Valla hungering arrow is a purple thing?
Sombra EMP ult - Valla purple animation on ults :effort:

That leaves Valla's Multishot, which can be Sombra spraying & praying her machine gun.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 13, 2018

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
More likely Sombra will be done as a Legendary skin for Valla, I would have thought?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Overwatch plays fast and loose with character crossovers because it can. Zarya has a Sonya skin, after all.

If Valla got a crossover skin, it would be almost have to be the SC2 Reaper.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
I imagine the Overwatch skin being Diablo-related is more because we're expecting a big Diablo-related announcement as opposed to any sort of HotS indication.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I hope the WoW thing ends up being something cool and not from Diablo

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Well they are making a Diablo tv series for Netflix so probably trailer plus another expansion?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Got back into the game after not playing much since season 1.

Just reached masters with 68 games played.

As i said, abuse OP heroes. I went 26-5 on Tyrande.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
An unannounced project is a Diablo one, so we're likely to hear about it at Blizzcon.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Isn't it just Diablo III on the nintendo switch?

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Diablo 2 remastered

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Kith posted:

Overwatch plays fast and loose with character crossovers because it can. Zarya has a Sonya skin, after all.

If Valla got a crossover skin, it would be almost have to be the SC2 Reaper.

Doesn't Valla already have some crossover skin with pistols?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Doesn't Valla already have some crossover skin with pistols?

She’s got a wild west skin, but it isn’t a reference to Overwatch’s McCree.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

lucifirius posted:

Diablo 2 remastered

I would like that more than any Diablo 3 news so of course it'll never happen

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I don't play this horribly balanced game anymore, but new info out since it got leaked by KR Blizzard accounts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHy4tKEG7yc Garden of Terror Rework

KR leak also mentioned Kerrigan and Brightwing reworks

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Lol working on Garden of Terror while BHB and Mines still exist.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Elysium posted:

How is Mines still allowed to exist in the game

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Elysium posted:

None of the 3 have been in ranked rotation in a while.

It's easier to season a burger than to scrape poop off mystery meat.

E: watched the video. It's more like changing the burger into a sushi pizza. Well I'm hopeful.

BrianBoitano fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 13, 2018

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

garden of terror goes from a hybrid of haunted mines and dragon shire to a hybrid of cursed hollow and tomb of the spider queen

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

garden of terror goes from a hybrid of haunted mines and dragon shire to a hybrid of cursed hollow and tomb of the spider queen

And Alterac Pass.

It looks better, I'm hopeful. The big question is if the seed locations spawn one at a time like Cursed Hollow or anywhere from one to three at a time like Towers which IMO would be a more interesting way to do it, but probably not since you only need 3 for the reward. And yeah, they need to drop Haunted Mines altogether and do something to fix BHB if they seriously want to keep it around.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
BHB is a bad map, but it's also bad in a really distinct way and very visually appealing. Haunted mines is an ugly bore with absolutely no redeeming values. They should just radically rework mines every patch until they stumble onto something tolerable.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Midnightghoul posted:

KR leak also mentioned Kerrigan and Brightwing reworks

On one hand: AAAAAAAAA I'VE WASTED SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT ON MINE
On the other hand: thank gently caress, she really needs it

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

double post

No Wave fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Sep 13, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Can't wait to see her get her sharp edges sanded down and become totally pointless like Nova.

I just doubt an ambusher will be getting the raynor treatment as funny as it would be.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The only redeeming part of Haunted Mines is that I have like an 85% win rate there for whatever reason

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

No Wave posted:

Can't wait to see her get her sharp edges sanded down and become totally pointless like Nova.

I just doubt an ambusher will be getting the raynor treatment as funny as it would be.

Ugh I hate Kerrigan because some people don't even realize she has a combo. And 100% of them end up on her team. Can't wait for her to be OP and have a million idiots fail at her because you can't just right click on someone and win the game.

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

New map rework looks worse to me. I actually like how the seeds work now as well as the expansiveness of the objective, they are pretty unique aspects. Remaking it into another map with a single capture point to fight over gets rid of all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think Dabiri's a bad designer. He saw that what a lot of people liked about HotS was 5v5 team fights so now the entire game is a 5v5 team fight and nothing else matters at any stage of the game, besides maybe merc timings? Team fights are fun when they feel like the culmination of everything that's happened so far in the game, not when they are the entire game over and over.

I've never enjoyed Tomb (full disclosure i suck rear end at it with a 41% winrate there) and I think Alterac is bad and I actually like queueing into GoT these days because it won't always be a 5v5 from level 4 onwards like most other maps and I'll get some fun other interactions. Oh well.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 13, 2018