Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

SneakyFrog posted:

it is utterly stupid that i thought about this for even a second.

even if its local.

I..
Why?

5500, "needs minor work and a tune", "everything is good enough for 600whp" Oldsmobile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

That definitely looks like a $3200 car to me, yes sir.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Scruff McGruff posted:

That definitely looks like a $3200 car to me, yes sir.

everything is beautiful
:angel:

Loving the other rolling hemorrhoids in the background

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

that dash + an overcast sky == eyestrain

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Never change, Detroit craigslist. :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I love this so much!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That accord has big gigolo status for sure. To bad it smashed into Doomsday.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/maserati/mc12/1854377.html

Sure $18,026/mo sounds affordable at first, but you really need to look at the term and the interest rate.

When the boss says shine them tires, you shine them tires...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

NoWake posted:

http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/maserati/mc12/1854377.html

Sure $18,026/mo sounds affordable at first, but you really need to look at the term and the interest rate.

When the boss says shine them tires, you shine them tires...

I saw this car driving up the highway long before it was turned into a corsa clone. it was going far faster than the truck could, so this is the best pic I got.

It's been spotted in alberta, south carolina, and las vegas, so i'm surprised it's only has 50k on the clock.

It was converted into the corsa the same time rana "restored" his enzo into an FXX clone after putting it into the ocean during the targa newfoundland. All the work was done by EDO so probably done well.

http://jalopnik.com/5840734/15-million-ferrari-enzo-crashes-into-canadian-lake

I can't hate the guy because him and his friends actually use the supercars(they got busted doing high speed runs on an open highway like 10 years ago), but his bio says he worked 2 years at a gas station for $3 an hour then bought a 2 year old ferrari.

Interesting tidbit, this is also where the infamous gear driven valve train pic comes from, the rebuild of the engine in that exact MC12

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Haters say what you will, but I really like that thing. Well, after the dumb exterior stuff was removed and it was much more of a sleeper. I had a 90s Lumina Z34 once and really liked it, removing the airbox and running with just a conical filter really gave it a good sound. Also the front bench seat was awesome.

Back to the CL ad, in the picture of the engine. Top left part of the engine.. what is the black piece that looks like the throttle body , which isn't connected to any type of air filter?

Gomi Day
Nov 15, 2007

Trust me, Bill. Large spectacles lend distinction to any countenance, as I have reason to know.
Plaster Town Cop
jesus loving christ!!! that SHO taurus wagon is now $800!!!! how has it not sold, yet? i have a good mind to travel down from toronto and buy that thing.

Gomi Day fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 5, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gomi Day posted:

jesus loving christ!!! that SHO taurus wagon is now $800!!!! how has it not sold, yet? i have a good mind to travel down from toronto and buy that thing.

You'll get there and find out it has no engine.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Powershift posted:

I saw this car driving up the highway long before it was turned into a corsa clone. it was going far faster than the truck could, so this is the best pic I got.

I can't hate the guy because him and his friends actually use the supercars(they got busted doing high speed runs on an open highway like 10 years ago), but his bio says he worked 2 years at a gas station for $3 an hour then bought a 2 year old ferrari.

I think it's cool he drives his cars, but he seems shady as hell and gives off an incredibly slimy vibe.

Grater
Jul 11, 2001
Might seem like a nice guy, but cross me once...

Gomi Day posted:

Someone needs to talk him down to $500 and enter that thing in 24 hours of lemons.

buttcrackmenace
Nov 14, 2007

see its right there in the manual where it says
Grimey Drawer

Gomi Day posted:

"needs new crank sensor"

Hmm

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

buttcrackmenace posted:

"needs new crank sensor"

Hmm

A connecting rod smashed the old one.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

buttcrackmenace posted:

"needs new crank sensor"

Hmm

CRANKWALK

blk
Dec 19, 2009

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
but...
:psyduck:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

If they do it like they do in Ohio, they look like they're all from different counties (bottom left number. Ohio they're alphabetical by county).

Guessing something shady is going on there...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I called oregon highqay pd and reported this.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Larrymer posted:

If they do it like they do in Ohio, they look like they're all from different counties (bottom left number. Ohio they're alphabetical by county).

Guessing something shady is going on there...

If it's like California, the other number indicates what month the plate is due.

stoko
Nov 26, 2003

Wobbuffet! Wobbuffet!! WHERE!?
Oregoon here. Left is month, right is year. The month generally comes from when the plate was first issued, and you put new year stickers on when you renew.

Edit: Content!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5701920129.html

I feel like this has to have been posted here before. Well, either that or it's a joke posting; hard to say for sure.

stoko fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Aug 8, 2016

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

Ruin a GTC? That should be worth about $40K more than market.
http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/5696219313.html

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That kit is baaaaaaaaaaad. Someone designed that, someone else approved it and then someone bought it. All are awful people.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That looks worse than that mustang i posted a while ago.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

gently caress, I'd drive that mustang. Pretty impressed with how not terrible it looks.

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Bajaha posted:

gently caress, I'd drive that mustang. Pretty impressed with how not terrible it looks.

Schedule a visit with your friendly neighborhood optometrist today!

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Joe Mama posted:

Schedule a visit with your friendly neighborhood optometrist today!

Phone posting so maybe a full size image shows it's real *beauty* better, but I've seen worst panel gaps on factory cars and it seems like it would be fun to tool around in and troll car meets.

Maybe the back ruins it, from that angle I find it strangely inoffensive. Plus if you had to drive a fake Bentley, this seems like a hell of a lot more fun than the tarted up 300's.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The shame when a Mustang with a kit of your Bentley looks better than your Bentley with a kit.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Yeah, I think if I decided to take a Mustang and make it look like a Bentley, I'd be happy with that result. The concept is the problem, not the execution.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/cto/5719659914.html

Actual gold?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

quote:

1965 International Harvester, CO1700, Loadstar, tilt cab, 345 gas engine, with rare 5 speed on the column, 2 speed electric rearend, all new wheel cylinders, brake lines, master cylinder, hoses, belts, waterpump, windshild, 6 new Radial tires, the Cab is Excellent, never any rust, doors fit nice & flush & with ease, cab has been painted once, always draws attention at car shows, I have a Mini Dozer bolted down to the frame to display at shows, Dozer is Not included. Truck is located in Ontario Canada, there are no fees to take this truck to the usa, it is licensed as a historic vehicle. You would look a long time to find a Cab better than this one, always garaged when not at a cruise night. 13 feet of frame to rear of cab, make great car or equipment hauler.......Bidding is in US Dollars

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
F... five on the tree?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Geirskogul posted:

F... five on the tree?

Get ta work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6se7UKjARmY

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I love how much sound and fury there is, and then you realize the scenery still isn't passing by very quickly.

Baelish
Feb 8, 2013
https://scranton.craigslist.org/cto/5726587537.html

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

I think this speaks for itself:

Also this - which the first time I saw it listed for sale a few years back, the owner was asking $220k+:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

"The Wartburg 353 was commonly nicknamed "Trustworthy Hans" or "Farty Hans" by owners due to its durability and copious exhaust emissions"

Also apparently it doesn't have a clutch so you can just row through gears all you want. No engine braking either.