Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

The only thing Liberal Logic 101 has taught me is that I am not in any way shape or form a liberal and neither is any other left-leaning person I know, apparently. They're seriously making the requirements to consider yourself liberal pretty loving pie in the sky. I haven't even grown my dreads out yet... I'm so behind!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The stupidest one has to be the forcing churches to gay marry since nobody has done that in the history of ever. I think one place was forced to let a gay couple do a ceremony but it was like a public park and not a church.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

muscles like this? posted:

The stupidest one has to be the forcing churches to gay marry since nobody has done that in the history of ever. I think one place was forced to let a gay couple do a ceremony but it was like a public park and not a church.
Yeah, whenever someone writes a law expanding rights for gay people, they're always quick to add a clause saying, "And churches are exempt, okay? Jeez! You can be as backwards as you want!" (I'd love to see an actual law that was that passive-aggressive.) For that matter Unitarians and a few other churches have been doing non-binding wedding ceremonies for gay couples for ages now. Everyone who argues against gay marriage on religious terms tends to conveniently forget that not all religions are like their own.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.

Sir Rolo posted:

Gay marriage again.

Don't you usually get married in the church you attend, meaning it's just as much THEIR church as YOUR church? Or do gay people have some weird, satanic way of randomly selecting a church to get married in that I am unaware of?

Alpha 1
Feb 17, 2012

Sir Rolo posted:

The Week in LL101:

Uh... what?

It's amazing how LL101 has managed to become even LESS coherent over time. I know the point is to fill conservatives with self-righteous fury, but at least the old ones had a certain internal logic to them (as long as you accepted their insane, strawman premises). I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be angry at here.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Alpha 1 posted:

It's amazing how LL101 has managed to become even LESS coherent over time. I know the point is to fill conservatives with self-righteous fury, but at least the old ones had a certain internal logic to them (as long as you accepted their insane, strawman premises). I'm not even sure what I'm supposed to be angry at here.

Black people, is my guess.

Medicinal Penguin
May 19, 2006

KillerJunglist posted:

Don't you usually get married in the church you attend, meaning it's just as much THEIR church as YOUR church? Or do gay people have some weird, satanic way of randomly selecting a church to get married in that I am unaware of?

Nah, they just go to Unitarian churches generally.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

KillerJunglist posted:

All the gays are lieberal atheists so it doesn't matter anyway.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Alpha 1 posted:

You're supposed to be angry that liberals ostensibly want to require registration for gun ownership but not presentation of a photo ID to vote.

e: Also, bonus anger because registering gun owners is ALWAYS the prelude to a totalitarian gun ban, and photo ID laws are obviously not at all an attempt to suppress poor and minority votes.

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

I'm green. Red is a nice enough guy and socially liberal, which was why I was surprised when he dropped that BOMB after 60+ replies on his post. Blue, bless his heart, kept arguing after that. But I dropped out because seriously, after reading that how can one expect to find any common ground on the issue?

Sorry to all non-cis people out there, but you got a long road ahead. You can use the bathroom with me though, as long as you can put up with the smell. :3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012
I wonder how often this person has actually been confronted by a trans-person in their bathroom.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Given that that person is probably a man (they speak about "the majority of females" as "they"), I imagine the only thing that would bother them about a trans person in their bathroom would be seeing someone with a vagina that doesn't look traditionally feminine.

Also, I wonder if they've even considered the fact that basing bathroom use on genitals means that you have to let someone see your genitals to use the bathroom.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
It's always "men going into women's bathrooms!". Well if we can't go into women's bathrooms because are estrongized penises are full of pulsating male energy that may assualt someone or something, the question is are testosterone enlarged clitorises allowed into the men's room?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Legalizing gay marriage will force churches to perform them, just like how the Catholic churches are currently forced to perform non-Catholic ceremonies for people of different religions who want to get married.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Apr 7, 2013

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
What do the men who get up in arms about transgendered washroom use think happens in a women's washroom? Do they think that the women just hang around with no clothes on chatting about how glad they are no one there has a penis? Seriously, what the gently caress?

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Actually, in the cropped out content there was a woman who showed up and was concerned about her safety if men were able to use the women`s restroom. I pointed out that unless she is personally inspecting the genitals of everyone she uses the restroom with, she is making an assumption that puts her in the exact same "danger" today, but it didn't seem like she was buying it.

It's such a weird controversy. I've used a public bathroom with people of the opposite sex and found it to be enormously uneventful.

Walter
Jul 3, 2003

We think they're great. In a grand, mystical, neopolitical sense, these guys have a real message in their music. They don't, however, have neat names like me and Bono.

DeusExMachinima posted:

At the risk of, ugh, starting gunchat, can anyone find a significant number of reported incidents of this happening? There's about 7-8 million licensed carriers in the U.S., plus another 4-5 million adults who live in states where no license is required to concealed carry. Way more than that if you count places you can open carry without a permit (but let's not because that's generally dumb in urban areas). Out of that many concealed carriers, how often does this Mexican standoff nightmare happen?

Dude who wrestled the gun away from the Giffords shooter was nearly shot by a CC permit holder.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2011/01/friendly_firearms.html

You want more than that, go find it yourself. But yeah, it can happen.

Walter fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Apr 7, 2013

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Snowman Crossing posted:

Actually, in the cropped out content there was a woman who showed up and was concerned about her safety if men were able to use the women`s restroom. I pointed out that unless she is personally inspecting the genitals of everyone she uses the restroom with, she is making an assumption that puts her in the exact same "danger" today, but it didn't seem like she was buying it.

They're expecting to just instantly spot them by their hairy arms, bra stuffed with socks, and 5 o'clock shadow (I guess like John Travolta in drag)

Clearly the solution is armed guards checking all people's genitals before they enter a washroom. "Yep that's a penis, your door is on the left"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I hope they never find out what a chromosome is, I don't want to have to get my blood drawn just to use the restroom.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

This one stood out to me because of how low effort it is. Literally "pee pee doo doo bad president"

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

gradenko_2000 posted:

This one stood out to me because of how low effort it is. Literally "pee pee doo doo bad president"

Post that cartoon as a reply.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Dr Christmas posted:

Legalizing gay marriage will force churches to perform them, just like how the Catholic churches are currently forced to perform non-Catholic ceremonies for people of different religions who want to get married.

Uhhh, no they're not... People DO get turned away from Catholic churches for religious reasons. Just not very often.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Guilty posted:

Uhhh, no they're not... People DO get turned away from Catholic churches for religious reasons. Just not very often.

I believe that was the joke he was going for, yes.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Dr Christmas posted:

Guilty posted:

So wait a minute. You're saying if Catholic churches do actually turn people away for religious reasons... then does that mean that legalizing gay marriage won't force churches to perform them? Hang on, this is hard for me. I need to sit down and rethink this. Maybe Dr. Christmas was wrong about that whole thing.

Job Truniht
Nov 7, 2012

MY POSTS ARE REAL RETARDED, SIR

Has someone pointed out to this guy that gravity is a constant acceleration for all objects? Who writes this stuff?

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Job Truniht posted:

Has someone pointed out to this guy that gravity is a constant acceleration for all objects? Who writes this stuff?

Yea, but they write it out in that faggy METRES per second and throw in some liberal "squared" poo poo at the end. Just put it in good ol' Miles per Hour or you ain't proving nothing.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Um, you understand that that's the whole point of the image macro, right? "Gravity is a natural law but I bet liberals want to redefine it so that everyone can choose to weigh whatever they want [just like hetero- and cis-normativity are natural but liberals want to redefine marriage and gender]."

Sir Rolo
Oct 16, 2012

Mornacale posted:

Um, you understand that that's the whole point of the image macro, right? "Gravity is a natural law but I bet liberals want to redefine it so that everyone can choose to weigh whatever they want [just like hetero- and cis-normativity are natural but liberals want to redefine marriage and gender]."

Yeah but that's mass equality, we already have gravitational equality.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Sir Rolo posted:

Yeah but that's mass equality, we already have gravitational equality.

Just like we all are actually straight cis-people until :argh: liberals :argh: start re-defining marriage and sexuality and gender!

Snowman Crossing
Dec 4, 2009

Mornacale posted:

Just like we all are actually straight cis-people until :argh: liberals :argh: start re-defining marriage and sexuality and gender!

Maybe, like gays, people with gender confusion or those who are born biologically intersex should pray a little harder until the Lord fixes the problem with his magic. Challenging God's Eternal Wisdom to suit the liberal agenda seems a little backwards to me. :smug:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Job Truniht posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5C5_dOEyAfk

Feather and a hammer.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
My Aunt shared this and said "Many of our generation know this. However, things like this are no longer being taught in school these days."

quote:

Have a history teacher explain this if they can.

Abraham Lincoln was elected to Congress in 1846.

John F. Kennedy was elected to Congress in 1946.

Abraham Lincoln was elected President in 1860.

John F. Kennedy was elected President in 1960.

Both were particularly concerned with civil rights.

Both wives lost a child while living in the White House.

Both Presidents were shot on a Friday.

Both Presidents were shot in the head.

Now it gets really weird.

Lincoln's secretary was named Kennedy.

Kennedy's Secretary was named Lincoln.

Both were assassinated by Southerners.

Both were succeeded by Southerners named Johnson.

Andrew Johnson, who succeeded Lincoln, was born in 1808.

Lyndon Johnson, who succeeded Kennedy, was born in 1908.

John Wilkes Booth, who assassinated Lincoln, was born in 1839.

Lee Harvey Oswald, who assassinated Kennedy, was born in 1939.

Both assassins were known by their three names.

Both names are composed of fifteen letters.

Now hang on to your seat.

Lincoln was shot at the theater named "Ford."

Kennedy was shot in a car called "Lincoln" made by "Ford."

Booth and Oswald were assassinated before their trials.

And here's the "kicker":

A week before Lincoln was shot, he was in Monroe, Maryland.

A week before Kennedy was shot, he was with Marilyn Monroe.

AND...................:

Lincoln was shot in a theater and the assassin ran to a warehouse...

Kennedy was shot from a warehouse and the assassin ran to a theater...

The biggest inaccuracy is that Marilyn Monroe died 15 months before Kennedy was shot. Also Booth was killed in a barn, not a warehouse.

The real "kicker" for me is that I found the Snopes debunking of this from the year 2000. And they refer to it as "that old one" and trace it to at least early 1999.

This email is old enough to get a driver's license.

I am not a book
Mar 9, 2013

XyloJW posted:

My Aunt shared this and said "Many of our generation know this. However, things like this are no longer being taught in school these days."

The biggest inaccuracy is that Marilyn Monroe died 15 months before Kennedy was shot. Also Booth was killed in a barn, not a warehouse.

The real "kicker" for me is that I found the Snopes debunking of this from the year 2000. And they refer to it as "that old one" and trace it to at least early 1999.

This email is old enough to get a driver's license.

I remember a goon doing a hilarious rewrite of that. I wish I could find it. :(
edit: I am entirely too fixated on the reproductive organs of goons.

I am not a book fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 7, 2013

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The silly thing (well, silliest) is that they gently caress up the punch line. It should be "Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe!" and then full stop.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

1stGear posted:

The silly thing (well, silliest) is that they gently caress up the punch line. It should be "Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe!" and then full stop.

The same way forwards pick up extra introductions over time, they also pick up extra endings. This one used to end with 'Kennedy was in Marilyn Monroe' full stop, but someone has added the 'theatre/warehouse' line, surely thrilled that they thought of one the original writer didn't, and then someone else has added the 'just had to share this' line.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

XyloJW posted:

So wait a minute. You're saying if Catholic churches do actually turn people away for religious reasons... then does that mean that legalizing gay marriage won't force churches to perform them? Hang on, this is hard for me. I need to sit down and rethink this. Maybe Dr. Christmas was wrong about that whole thing.

Ironically gay marriage being illegal forces otherwise willing churches not to issue legally binding licenses at the end of whatever service they've chosen to perform. But that's not real oppression, libtard. :smug:

Walter posted:

Dude who wrestled the gun away from the Giffords shooter was nearly shot by a CC permit holder.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/human_nature/2011/01/friendly_firearms.html

You want more than that, go find it yourself. But yeah, it can happen.

If not drawing counts as almost shooting people, that explains everything about cops in this country.

Guilty Spork
Feb 26, 2011

Thunder rolled. It rolled a six.

DeusExMachinima posted:

Ironically gay marriage being illegal forces otherwise willing churches not to issue legally binding licenses at the end of whatever service they've chosen to perform. But that's not real oppression, libtard. :smug:
"A liberal church?! DOES NOT COMPUTE!"

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

1stGear posted:

Yeah. When I first saw this years ago, it was supposed to just be this funny joke because of that punch line. People had to clean it up though and look what happened.

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

A friend of mine shared this, which is just kind of weird. I did some formatting because the paragraph structure made it very hard to read.

quote:

Being Green

Checking out at the store, the young cashier suggested to the older woman, that she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't good for the environment.

The woman apologized and explained, "We didn't have this green thing back in my earlier days."

The young clerk responded, "That's our problem today. Your generation did not care enough to save our environment for future generations."

She was right -- our generation didn't have the green thing in its day.

Back then, we returned milk bottles, soda bottles and beer bottles to the store. The store sent them back to the plant to be washed and sterilized and refilled, so it could use the same bottles over and over. So they really were truely recycled.

But we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Grocery stores bagged our groceries in brown paper bags, that we reused for numerous things, most memorable besides household garbage bags, was the use of brown paper bags as book covers for our schoolbooks. This was to ensure that public property, (the books provided for our use by the school) was not defaced by our scribblings. Then we were able to personalize our books on the brown paper bags.

But too bad we didn't do the green thing back then.

We walked up stairs, because we didn't have an escalator in every store and office building. We walked to the grocery store and didn't climb into a 300-horsepower machine every time we had to go two blocks.
But she was right. We didn't have the green thing in our day.

Back then, we washed the baby's diapers because we didn't have the throwaway kind. We dried clothes on a line, not in an energy-gobbling machine burning up 220 volts -- wind and solar power really did dry our clothes back in our early days. Kids got hand-me-down clothes from their brothers or sisters, not always brand-new clothing.

But that young lady is right; we didn't have the green thing back in our day.

Back then, we had one TV, or radio, in the house -- not a TV in every room. And the TV had a small screen the size of a handkerchief (remember them?), not a screen the size of the state of Montana. In the kitchen, we blended and stirred by hand because we didn't have electric machines to do everything for us. When we packaged a fragile item to send in the mail, we used wadded up old newspapers to cushion it, not Styrofoam or plastic bubble wrap. Back then, we didn't fire up an engine and burn gasoline just to cut the lawn. We used a push mower that ran on human power. We exercised by working so we didn't need to go to a health club to run on treadmills that operate on electricity.

But she's right; we didn't have the green thing back then.

We drank from a fountain when we were thirsty instead of using a cup or a plastic bottle every time we had a drink of water. We refilled writing pens with ink instead of buying a new pen, and we replaced the razor blades in a razor instead of throwing away the whole razor just because the blade got dull.

But we didn't have the green thing back then.

Back then, people took the streetcar or a bus and kids rode their bikes to school or walked instead of turning their moms into a 24-hour taxi service. We had one electrical outlet in a room, not an entire bank of sockets to power a dozen appliances. And we didn't need a computerized gadget to receive a signal beamed from satellites 23,000 miles out in space in order to find the nearest burger joint.

But isn't it sad the current generation laments how wasteful we old folks were just because we didn't have the green thing back then?

Please forward this on to another selfish old person who needs a lesson in conservation from a smartass young person.

The intro story is clearly a typical poo poo That Didn't Happen anecdote, and the whole thing just strikes me as an oddly specific.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

ZDar Fan posted:

A friend of mine shared this, which is just kind of weird. I did some formatting because the paragraph structure made it very hard to read.

The intro story is clearly a typical poo poo That Didn't Happen anecdote, and the whole thing just strikes me as an oddly specific.

Post this as a response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJbdHg3hpmI

Then say "you agree with the person who made this."

(Yes, I know I posted the same video many pages back. I think it's insane enough to post again.)