Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

phuo: this is definitely my favourite thread

Aww. :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

spit on my clit posted:

the anti-american dipshits are why we don't do politics here, it devolves to a lot of tinfoil-esque "AMERICA IS LITERALLY THE ILLUMINATI" bs about literally any problem anywhere in the world, and nobody can argue against that kind of insanity because they'd have to be as insane as you are to understand what you're talking about. unrelated to the previous sentence, of course america can't make any country its bitch, we couldn't take vietnam for fucks sake. if we were innocent, we wouldn't have invaded, but we sure as hell ain't mega-hitler 2.0 the nation

I can not confirm nor deny this, but what I can confirm is that having plastic bottles for re-use is really nice

Of course we're not, don't be ridiculous.

There would have to have been a mega-hitler 1.0 the nation first.

(I'm assuming Nazi Germany was just regular hitler the nation, no mega)

christmas boots has a new favorite as of 23:16 on Aug 1, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

christmas boots posted:

Of course we're not, don't be ridiculous.

There would have to have been a mega-hitler 1.0 the nation first.

(I'm assuming Nazi Germany was just regular hitler the nation, no mega)

poo poo, you're right. well, time will tell, or it won't.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
France is great and I hate my dad for not staying here

E: also anglos hate France bc it’s one of only a few places to shamelessly have its own linguosphere instead of sadly hateposting in english about their sad hasbeen culture

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 00:57 on Aug 2, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
bruh what the gently caress are you even saying? this boy speaking baguette?

edit: im sorry. im sorry. i take it back. i love baguettes and i shouldnt be ashamed of that

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

E: also anglos hate France bc it’s one of only a few places to shamelessly have its own linguosphere instead of sadly hateposting in english about their sad hasbeen culture

mostly i hate it because they smell bad and are mean

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

gently caress french foreign policy forever, however. I will never forgive Clemenceau's botching of Versailles, or De Gaulle/Fourth Republic dropping us into Vietnam.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

spit on my clit posted:

the anti-american dipshits are why we don't do politics here, it devolves to a lot of tinfoil-esque "AMERICA IS LITERALLY THE ILLUMINATI" bs about literally any problem anywhere in the world, and nobody can argue against that kind of insanity because they'd have to be as insane as you are to understand what you're talking about.

I guess we don't do politics because little pissy bitches like you can't take it when somebody calls a spade a spade.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

I guess we don't do politics because little pissy bitches like you can't take it when somebody calls a spade a spade.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

You don't get it. He's reasonable and neutral.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

You don't get it. He's reasonable and neutral.

But enough about the fash

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Guys can't we just get along?

and be friends?

And masturbate together, tightly

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
No FPS has ever been improved by the inclusion of a “sniper” class

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

steinrokkan posted:

ok, steinrokkan

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

No FPS has ever been improved by the inclusion of a "sniper" class

translation: people are still throwing jarate at me. please let me be a spy in peace, stop throwing piss at me.

here's a somewhat unpopular opinion: overwatch could have been good if they didn't focus so hard on quickplay and immediately dive in to esports before people could really establish which characters they were proficient with. it's not a game where you have fun, it's a game where you pick the tanks because blizzard doesn't know how to introduce a tank that doesn't fill the role of an attack/defense/healing hero in addition to being a tank. you could pick one of the lesser characters, if you like being destroyed by the other team which is comprised of the aforementioned tanks. But hey, it's ok, Blizzard put out a role cue so that you're limited to two of each role instead of properly balancing the characters!

spit on my clit has a new favorite as of 20:09 on Aug 2, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

The problem with online fps games is having voice and/or text chat that you can't automute. I would enjoy overwatch once in a while if it wasn't a constant barrage of people telling me to kill myself or asking if I'm mentally disabled.

e: maybe you can but I preferred just uninstalling instead of trying to look it up

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 20:23 on Aug 2, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I eat rear end posted:

The problem with online fps games is having voice and/or text chat that you can't automute. I would enjoy overwatch once in a while if it wasn't a constant barrage of people telling me to kill myself or asking if I'm mentally disabled.

just report them, hell report someone who isn't even saying anything if you don't like how they play, blizzard will ban em.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

ok, steinrokkan

translation: people are still throwing jarate at me. please let me be a spy in peace, stop throwing piss at me.

here's a somewhat unpopular opinion: overwatch could have been good if they didn't focus so hard on quickplay and immediately dive in to esports before people could really establish which characters they were proficient with. it's not a game where you have fun, it's a game where you pick the tanks because blizzard doesn't know how to introduce a tank that doesn't fill the role of an attack/defense/healing hero in addition to being a tank. you could pick one of the lesser characters, if you like being destroyed by the other team which is comprised of the aforementioned tanks. But hey, it's ok, Blizzard put out a role cue so that you're limited to two of each role instead of properly balancing the characters!

i only play medic, demo and scout you total idiot

also people who enjoy just chilling and having fun should just play team fortress 2

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 20:28 on Aug 2, 2019

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

i only play medic, demo and scout you total idiot

poo poo, you got good tastes. better not be any of that demoknight weirdness.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

spit on my clit posted:

poo poo, you got good tastes. better not be any of that demoknight weirdness.

stock weapons except for kritz and ubersaw

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I havent played TF2 in like ten years but I always liked playing as a defense Pyro with that melee weapon that could smash sappers, because every map would end up being me chasing five increasingly salty spies around like Scooby Doo while the engineers were free to create really rude teleporter chains.

Also 2fort is the only good map

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
rip 2fort2furious

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
The best genres for comic books are, in order

1: Food/cooking
2: Sports
3: Giant robot

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Can you recommend some comic cookbooks? I am not aware of this genre.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Tubgoat posted:

The only comic cookbook I know of is What Did You Eat Yesterday?. It's a very good series about a middle-aged gay couple in Tokyo, their daily life and so on, and every issue includes a recipe as one of the characters goes through the actions of cooking for the other, and you can follow along.

I was talking about comics about food in general. Like right now I'm reading Otherworldly Izakaya Nobu. It's about a Japanese pub (Izakaya) where the front door opens into a medieval fantasy city. The people from the fantasy world come in and try the food and are always delighted. There's also Restaurant to Another World, which has a very similar premise but is about a Western style restaurant and is a little more fantastical. The customers include lizardmen and dragons.

Delicious in Dungeon is a personal favorite of mine. A group of Dungeons and Dragons style adventurers decide that buying food outside the dungeon to take with them is too expensive, and limits the time they can be in the dungeon too much. So they decide to learn how to cook the various monsters they encounter in the dungeon. I posted a page from it earlier

There's also non-fantasy food comics. Like Wakako Zake, which is a bout a young woman who goes to a different restaurant or pub or food stall every day after work to soothe her cares with a delicious meal and alcohol. Sweetness and Lighting is about a single dad who is able to better connect with his daughter by making home-cooked meals for her. Nomi Joshi is about three women who love beer

That's just a sample of food comics, the ones I can personally recommend. there are so many wonderful comic books about food and/or cooking, that's why it's the best genre

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

I havent played TF2 in like ten years but I always liked playing as a defense Pyro with that melee weapon that could smash sappers, because every map would end up being me chasing five increasingly salty spies around like Scooby Doo while the engineers were free to create really rude teleporter chains.

Also 2fort is the only good map

My favorite thing to do in 2Fort was to pick Engie and just build my teleporter entrance and nothing else somewhere out of the way most people wouldn't look for it. Then I'd sneak into the other team's intel room. Usually it'd take a few deaths but eventually I'd manage to get in. See, people tend to not fortify the actual intel room. At that point it was Game loving On. I wouldn't cap the intel; instead I'd build all my poo poo there, especially my teleporter exit.

Then I'd let my team know what I did and ask if anybody would be willing to go Engie and build their teleporter going the other way. Occasionally you'd get three or four Engies all together keeping the enemy intel room on complete lockdown.

I did this because I'm a bad person.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Tubgoat posted:

My ex got me an indy book called Breakfast After Noon. It was about a shiftless loser who mulled over the classifieds in pajamas and had the titular breakfast after noon until she dumps him.

Wild speculative fiction.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Tubgoat posted:

Granted it's an anime, but there's obviously Fighting Foodons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LbWWx80ZPA

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

The worst thing about comics is that the dialogues are nearly always bad and nerdy sounding

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

what is this derail about? war? shut up please

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

spit on my clit posted:

i picked up overwatch a few months ago cause i dont have a pc to play tf2 anymore and i wanted something close to it. after sticking with the soldier machine gun guy for a few days i wondered why the hell i wasent just picking the big dude with 600 health that can heal himself. also im not that into the whole ultimate thing because im old and cant adapt to new things anymore. also its more fun when its a massive 32 player game and not this 6 vs 6 bullshit. bring back mirv grenade spam on the 2fort bridge you cowards

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wish highlander format for class-based fps caught on. TF2 is really fun like that

Tiggum posted:

We should leave this thread to spit on my clit, yeah I eat rear end and Gripweed. When it comes to unpopular opinions, no one else can compete. They're on another level.

This post is really funny now that they're all probed in a row.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 18:47 on Aug 3, 2019

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I'm free from my prison and have a tiggum-edition unpopular opinion to share in honor of that post: sunsets and sunrises are really good and it's a valuable use of your time to sit there and stare at them once in a while.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sunsets and sunrises are painful reminders of the rule of terror that Time holds over man.

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I'm not getting up before 6am to watch the glowing orb, no way. Sunsets rock though.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My favorite thing to do in 2Fort was to pick Engie and just build my teleporter entrance and nothing else somewhere out of the way most people wouldn't look for it. Then I'd sneak into the other team's intel room. Usually it'd take a few deaths but eventually I'd manage to get in. See, people tend to not fortify the actual intel room. At that point it was Game loving On. I wouldn't cap the intel; instead I'd build all my poo poo there, especially my teleporter exit.

Then I'd let my team know what I did and ask if anybody would be willing to go Engie and build their teleporter going the other way. Occasionally you'd get three or four Engies all together keeping the enemy intel room on complete lockdown.

I did this because I'm a bad person.

The best defense is a good offense, and the best offense is actually using defensive structures to defend the enemy base from the enemy

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

"She Thinks my Tractor's Sexy" is the greatest modern love song ever written.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Power of Love endings are brilliant every single time. Especially if they involve musical numbers.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Trapick posted:

I'm not getting up before 6am to watch the glowing orb, no way. Sunsets rock though.

Look at this noob... You stay awake to greet the sun, obviously. :sun:

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Trapick posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Too many podcasts release new episodes on Monday. Put episodes out on other days, so I have a constant stream of content instead of one giant content dump on Monday!