Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Well why do you think the conditions in the Holocaust Centers were so bad? Hitler didn't want all those Jews hanging around the joint

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

https://twitter.com/shani_o/status/859519853434200065

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016
gently caress our gay elf of a attorney general

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Lol, i want to know more about the woman laughing at Sessions.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
After 10,000 years in cat jail I'm finally free to harvest lols! I was literally loving dying of pent up Lmao and lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

quote:

“Well, I like Reagan,” Trump said. “I didn’t like him on trade but other than trade, I liked him very much. And he was okay on trade, but not great.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...GZqD?li=BBnb7Kz

loving LOL, my 7 year old said the same kind of thing when I asked him why he liked Pikachu more than Bulbasaur, only he had better grammar and vocabulary.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

ElGroucho posted:

loving LOL, my 7 year old said the same kind of thing when I asked him why he liked Pikachu more than Bulbasaur, only he had better grammar and vocabulary.

quote:

When asked to name historical works that have left an impression, Trump instead told Meacham about his fascination with the Civil War — and claimed he once canceled a golf match to watch a PBS marathon of Ken Burns’s Civil War documentary.

“I think that anything having to do with the Civil War has always been very interesting to me, much more so than even the founding of the country,” Trump said in the interview. “It always seemed like something that could have been settled without the bloodshed. . . I always felt that the South overplayed their hand.”

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary
the south had all these slaves, why did they ruin a good thing by seceding? it seems to me like if they hadn't left the union, this could all have been avoided. i'd've negotiated to keep the slaves and not leave the union.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Attitude Indicator posted:

Lol, i want to know more about the woman laughing at Sessions.

http://www.thefader.com/2017/05/02/justice-department-jeff-sessions-prosecuted-for-laughing

quote:

Desiree Fairooz, a 61-year old Code Pink activist, was arrested on January 10 during the confirmation hearings of Senator Jeff Sessions for the position of attorney general. Fairooz had laughed when Senator Richard Shelby said that Sessions has a strong record of “treating all Americans equally under the law," and today, The Huffington Post reported that Fairooz is being prosecuted for her laugh.

The government asserts that Fairooz's laughter constituted “disorderly and disruptive conduct.” Fairooz's defence insists that her response was a reflex. If convicted, she could face up to six months in jail and a $500 fine. She also faces a separate misdemeanour charge for "for allegedly parading, demonstrating or picketing within a Capitol."

Jeff Sessions's confirmation hearing was consistently protested by various groups. Members of the NAACP were arrested for a sit-in, and Senator Elizabeth Warren was silenced by Senate Republicans for reading from a letter written by Coretta Scott King. The letter, penned by King in 1986, was credited for sinking Sessions's nomination by President Ronald Reagan for a federal judgeship.

[...] Fairooz is on currently trial alongside Tighe Barry and Lenny Bianchi, two activists who dressed up as KKK members "supporting" Sessions. Since President Donald Trump's election, Republicans in at least 18 states have passed or contemplated anti-protest laws.

l... lol?

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

republicans can dish it out but they sure can't take it

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Plavski posted:

I've noticed a strong correlation between people complaining about PC culture and people who get insanely loving upset at anything that offends them.

It's almost like it's the same kind of people, just with different political beliefs.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Plavski posted:

Perhaps they are are the true snowflakes in need of safe spaces?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

quote:

“Great president. Most people don’t even know he was a Republican, right?” Trump said of Abraham Lincoln during the National Republican Congressional Committee Dinner in March, referring to the most famous Republican. “Does anyone know? Lot of people don’t know that.”

I love when journalists get their little deadpan digs in, lol

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

turn off the TV posted:

I've noticed a strong correlation between people complaining about PC culture and people who get insanely loving upset at anything that offends them.

It's almost like it's the same kind of people, just with different political beliefs.

they project more than a drive in theater.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Chinatown posted:

either i am coming down from the most insane bender of all time or this reality is actually real. oh dear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6YMov3fYvs&t=25s

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Blue Train posted:

Maybe it is like his tweets and will come true in the future?

oh my god :tinfoil:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Which MAGA hat wearing SOB ratted me out ITT is what I wanna know. Sad!

Coco Rodreguiz
Jan 12, 2007

Peckerhead isn't used enough as an insult if you ask me.
I'm just waiting for Trump to drop some highly-classified thing during an interview and we can watch the intelligence agencies freak the gently caress out.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

What the gently caress is this lol, dude it's been SIX MONTHS since the election, he's gotta be losing his marbles

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Captain Yossarian posted:

Which MAGA hat wearing SOB ratted me out ITT is what I wanna know. Sad!

I got one day in the clink for referring to the f*gg*t dog meme using its god given name itt. Trump's America, folk's

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Smirr posted:

I got one day in the clink for referring to the f*gg*t dog meme using its god given name itt. Trump's America, folk's

hosed up if true. That's literally it's name.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Coco Rodreguiz posted:

I'm just waiting for Trump to drop some highly-classified thing during an interview and we can watch the intelligence agencies freak the gently caress out.

lol they probably don't give him real intel anyways

it's just an old GI Joe coloring book from Goodwill.

"Wow, space ships!?"
"Yes Mr Trump, space ships."
"I WANNA USE 'EM!.... North Korea."
"Very good sir."
*pops in a worn-out VHS tape of Independence Day*

Tumble fucked around with this message at 15:14 on May 3, 2017

jenny jones fan
Dec 24, 2007

Dr. Faustus posted:

Colbert taking it up several notches.

"... in fact, your mouth is only good as Vladimir Putin’s cock-holster’"

Don't watch in mixed company.
There's two minutes of video here, and it's not as hard to watch as those awful parents pranking their kids; but it's still kind of uncomfortable (and amazing.)

Today's lol: The_Donald and 4chan are trying to get Colbert fired for this. Further lols: they first tried to complain about it being an insult to Trump and when no one gave a poo poo, they quickly changed course and are now claiming they are so offended because it's "hompphobic" and the Trump insult has nothing to do with it lol. Transparent as Saran Wrap. Donald Trump supporters now claiming they are fighting for gay rights is the third lol

Not to mention I'm not exactly sure how saying he's sexually involved with Putin is an insult to gays anyway?? I'm sure if Putin were a woman the joke would have been about how Putin's pussy tastes. Then I'm sure they'd claim they want him fired for misogyny which would be peak lols

The final frontier of lols in this "saga" will be when CBS doesn't even remotely give a poo poo and The_Donald and 4chan blame liberal media bias for not firing Colbert.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Smirr posted:

im permabanned poster magastomper58. i first started following the potus when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "dementia" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "he was very nice to me with words" and "his wife died. they destroyed his wife and she died." in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing things in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "demented" style of potus words was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" trump to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to mental retardation. peace.

Tumble posted:

here's another angle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRAH1E9gabY

the press pool are loving laughing at him lmfao

i like the lady who is like "Seaannnnnn" like he forgot to bring home a gallon of milk again
I'm loving dying.

Nude fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 3, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

do u know jenny posted:

Today's lol: The_Donald and 4chan are trying to get Colbert fired for this. Further lols: they first tried to complain about it being an insult to Trump and when no one gave a poo poo, they quickly changed course and are now claiming they are so offended because it's "hompphobic" and the Trump insult has nothing to do with it lol. Transparent as Saran Wrap. Donald Trump supporters now claiming they are fighting for gay rights is the third lol

Not to mention I'm not exactly sure how saying he's sexually involved with Putin is an insult to gays anyway?? I'm sure if Putin were a woman the joke would have been about how Putin's pussy tastes. Then I'm sure they'd claim they want him fired for misogyny which would be peak lols

The final frontier of lols in this "saga" will be when CBS doesn't even remotely give a poo poo and The_Donald and 4chan blame liberal media bias for not firing Colbert.

i went into their chat room last night to see if they were talking about Melania's tweet but they were seriously just posting hentai

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

do u know jenny posted:

The only thing insulting to gays about it is the notion that any gay man would gently caress gross rear end Donald Trump

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I don't really have anything to add but I've been loling non-stop and the thread title told me to post.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Tumble posted:

i went into their chat room last night to see if they were talking about Melania's tweet but they were seriously just posting hentai

Lol of course

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Smirr posted:

hosed up if true... And sad

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

The mod who probated you must be a bad (or sick) guy!

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

haljordan posted:

The mod who probated you must be a bad (or sick) guy!

Extremely bad... tremendously sick. That's a mod folks. That's a mod. Just the most terrible mods. Did you hear - did you hear about this? A mod, trampling all over American posters. And let me tell you something. Mods knew. Andrew Jackson - someone told me, someone told me that he was just a tremendous president, and he would have been furious to see what the mods and the Democrats have done to this country. He knew. Mods knew, and Andrew Jackson knew. He would have had something to say about it, believe me.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Crooked mods of the failing Something Awful Forums

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

Make Something Awful Great Again

MSAGA

M'SAGA

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tumble posted:

lol they probably don't give him real intel anyways

it's just an old GI Joe coloring book from Goodwill.

"Wow, space ships!?"
"Yes Mr Trump, space ships."
"I WANNA USE 'EM!.... North Korea."
"Very good sir."
*pops in a worn-out VHS tape of Independence Day*

Iirc this is actually happening. There was some kind of memo being spread around saying that anything Trump hears will find its way to Putin.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Smirr posted:

I love when journalists get their little deadpan digs in, lol

If I made my living writing copy for a media behemoth for next to nothing like copy writers get paid I would absolutely LIVE for those precious opportunities to put completely factual, 100% non-editorializing slam dunks on idiots like trump in my articles

Indy
Mar 30, 2005

Hey guys, what's up?

This seems like a big deal

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Indy posted:

Here's a chaser for ya:

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/859759852981284864

:thumbsup:

proof of concept fucked around with this message at 16:11 on May 3, 2017

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Indy posted:

Disrespecting your betters is a serious crime

red19fire
May 26, 2010

ElGroucho posted:

The only thing insulting to gays about it is the notion that any gay man would gently caress gross rear end Donald Trump

I'm sure someone would, there's a lot of zeros in that checking account. Melania would know.

turn off the TV posted:

Iirc this is actually happening. There was some kind of memo being spread around saying that anything Trump hears will find its way to Putin.

It was early in the lol days, but there were reports that the CIA was keeping the most sensitive intel off the daily briefs because they're fairly certain trump has been compromised by the Russians.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Disrespecting your betters is a serious crime

She did get uppity