Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

hobbesmaster posted:

There appears to be unironic "the empire did nothing wrong" people and some of them are in that storm trooper cosplay group so I wouldn't say its something not to be on your radar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQdDRrcAOjA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Lookin forward to driving around in the wasteland with no purpose.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
a roofer listens to this...not his wallet

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

The title has to be that Marx studied the blade one, it's too good to go to waste.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

hobbesmaster posted:

There appears to be unironic "the empire did nothing wrong" people and some of them are in that storm trooper cosplay group so I wouldn't say its something not to be on your radar.

agreed but tie fighter broke my brain and i just find the imps more interesting than the rebels because its easy to see why someone would be the rebels. star wars squadrons has fun with it because all the imps are fundamentally broken people who are either too hosed up/broken or sunk cost to leave a sinking evil ship. the only issue i have is i wish they had the empire look competent and scary in battle(outside hoth) instead of just constantly getting their asses kicked by randos. thats my broke brain hot take for the day.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Boy, those reset era people sure are excitable, Jesus lol

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Nondescript Van posted:

Has CDPR released a statement on murder? Are they pro or anti murder?

CDPR are pro choice

itry posted:

I'm about to post a release thread. I might use the title Cyberpunk 2077 - Release Thread: Penis, Penis, Vagina but I'm open to better suggestions.

Edit: It was also (relatively) a lot of work, so I wasn't paying close attention to this thread.

2 dicks 1 vag

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

So how big can I make my virtual dick

Imagine two balls on the edge of a cliff

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

Boy, those reset era people sure are excitable, Jesus lol

the resetera thread came back and now they are trying to get the OP banned for some vague bullshit and digging up old posts or some poo poo. its probably gonna get closed again. i am so thankful i found this place.

i didnt take this. it was taken on said thread and is now being paraded around the square as proof that OP is the Chud supporter.

the actual narrative and issues are completely lost now and it’s hard to parse any useful information. the struggle session feeds upon itself. no wonder people hate resetera.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Dec 6, 2020

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the resetera thread came back and now they are trying to get the OP banned for some vague bullshit and digging up old posts or some poo poo. its probably gonna get closed again. i am so thankful i found this place.

the actual narrative and issues are completely lost now and it’s hard to parse any useful information. the struggle session feeds upon itself.

burn the witch :bahgawd:

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
how the gently caress do you spend weeks on an OP

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

its the same poo poo plus them stretching poo poo about the voodoo boys when they actuall speak real haitian creole and are played by hatian actors and such, some of this feels really streatchy at times and i am someone who does agree that CDPR probably does need to do better with stuff but folks acting like the voice-gender thing is a clear showing of them being alt right chuds seems dumb to me, like it sucks but most people don't know the ins and outs of being a trans person, i sure as hell don't and i doubt a billion dollar game does either fully. do i think they should have way more LGBTQ consultants and poo poo. sure. but i dont think that folks and CDPR are rubbing their hands together and laughing at the thought of a trans person being sad/distressed over the game.

I agree, but also that's not good enough. You can't just be a bystander that's ignorant; we aren't perfect but that's why you do have to hire consultants and actively try to learn more.

That said, I think CDPR are trying. Maybe I'm being naive, we'll see when we actually play it. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt going in.

While also criticizing things like the pronouns issue which should be a pretty easy fix all things considered.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Relax Or DIE posted:

Maybe it's cumulative :shrug:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I remember the guy who made the DX Human Revolution thread here in 2011 spent so much time on it and filled it with so much minutiae, he got a shoutout in the credits of the actual game.

It was weird.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Relax Or DIE posted:

for an unreleased game!

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUEbJk59Jc

its genuinely pathetic. like i think CDPR DID indeed gently caress up and make mistakes and did have bigots in media roles(who were sacked) but wtf does this accomplish to help trans acceptance/accessibility/etc in gaming.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Blue Raider posted:

I remember the guy who made the DX Human Revolution thread here in 2011 spent so much time on it and filled it with so much minutiae, he got a shoutout in the credits of the actual game.

It was weird.

Really? That's wild.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

itry posted:

Really? That's wild.

If memory serves, yes. I kind of recall letting the credits roll to see his username, but I can't tell you any more than that about it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
As I said, if someone has an account at resetera invite Black Chamber here, dude would be a good addition and make one hell of an OP for the game. Knowing that board he'll probably end up hung and banned once enough people kick him.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

I agree, but also that's not good enough. You can't just be a bystander that's ignorant; we aren't perfect but that's why you do have to hire consultants and actively try to learn more.

That said, I think CDPR are trying. Maybe I'm being naive, we'll see when we actually play it. But I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt going in.

While also criticizing things like the pronouns issue which should be a pretty easy fix all things considered.

oh i agree. i suspect they have hired consultants and poo poo and are learning. its just the game themes were never gonna be around trans issues and said thread seems to get hung up on that because other cyberpunk media does therefor this game must too, when in fact its more, "if you want V to be trans, they can be trans". also i think the pronoun thing was sorta fixed somewhat.

The Last Call posted:

As I said, if someone has an account at resetera invite Black Chamber here, dude would be a good addition and make one hell of an OP for the game. Knowing that board he'll probably end up hung and banned once enough people kick him.

if someone has an account. they should invite them.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

i've been writing an OP for Evil Genius 2 for 3 months now (i'm lazy)

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dapper_Swindler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUEbJk59Jc

its genuinely pathetic. like i think CDPR DID indeed gently caress up and make mistakes and did have bigots in media roles(who were sacked) but wtf does this accomplish to help trans acceptance/accessibility/etc in gaming.

I mean, it is certainly a nuanced discussion, but I have to rely on the opinions of the few people I know who are trans to gauge this one, and from what I have heard/read, most seem to think the ad is problematic, but no worse that what most companies do. Everybody seems to be reserving final judgement until they see the finished product and view everything in context.

As for the resetera crowd, I'm not sure what would please the people who are in the unforgivably offended camp. Avoiding the issue will get the company accused of ignoring the issues, and attempting to address the issues in-game will get them accused of insensitivity. If they have something they want, I wish they would articulate that rather than pillory everything else as insufficiently progressive.
:shrug:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

As for the resetera crowd, I'm not sure what would please the people who are in the unforgivably offended camp.

power

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m not opposed to the idea, but someone here was already posting about getting it ready to go up. I kind of feel that’s a bit lovely to someone whose already put time on it. That said inviting them to post here is fine and cool.

Woden
May 6, 2006
This forum used to be pretty bad with the mega OP's and serious posting, thank you YCS for coming to life and then dying for our posting sins.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I’m unreasonably excited for this game. I know it won’t be “perfect” or the second coming of chrome Christ or whatever...but all it has to be is open world Deus Ex with writing on par with Witcher 3, and I’ve seen no reason it can’t be that.

To prepare my body I’ve tricked out all my rgb poo poo with purple and red and am gonna do a “gently caress everyone/everything” run of Deus Ex Invisible War. I still love I War.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

I mean, it is certainly a nuanced discussion, but I have to rely on the opinions of the few people I know who are trans to gauge this one, and from what I have heard/read, most seem to think the ad is problematic, but no worse that what most companies do. Everybody seems to be reserving final judgement until they see the finished product and view everything in context.

As for the resetera crowd, I'm not sure what would please the people who are in the unforgivably offended camp. Avoiding the issue will get the company accused of ignoring the issues, and attempting to address the issues in-game will get them accused of insensitivity. If they have something they want, I wish they would articulate that rather than pillory everything else as insufficiently progressive.
:shrug:

alot of them just want the game banned from the forums at this point so it seems. whats funny is the mods could end it. ban a bunch of ringleaders and the loud assholes on either side and have than put a content explainer and poo poo in in the ot and have a seperate thread. done.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

chaosapiant posted:

I’m unreasonably excited for this game. I know it won’t be “perfect” or the second coming of chrome Christ or whatever...but all it has to be is open world Deus Ex with writing on par with Witcher 3, and I’ve seen no reason it can’t be that.

To prepare my body I’ve tricked out all my rgb poo poo with purple and red and am gonna do a “gently caress everyone/everything” run of Deus Ex Invisible War. I still love I War.

By all accounts that I've seen, that's essentially what it is. I'm pretty pumped for that particular reason.

Also IW owns.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Dapper_Swindler posted:

alot of them just want the game banned from the forums at this point so it seems. whats funny is the mods could end it. ban a bunch of ringleaders and the loud assholes on either side and have than put a content explainer and poo poo in in the ot and have a seperate thread. done.

It's been long obvious some people there were never going to be happy as long as discussion of the game was allowed and a thread made for it when launched. They were always going to blast it and those who posted in the thread, unless it was banned they were going to bring out the torches. Its a bit of a miracle it took this long.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

By all accounts that I've seen, that's essentially what it is. I'm pretty pumped for that particular reason.

Also IW owns.

i have heard the gameplay/gunplay is good and the story/characters are great. so i am hyped.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

:same: except I have a neon sign I made that casts my apartment in a nice red glow, perfect for being cyber-cool at night :cool:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

That made me remember they did a sequel to the Deus Ex reboot I never played but own somehow (humble?). Was that any good?

Also I'm glad I don't have to roll around as a specific bland white guy with batman voice in Cyberpunk. For whatever they've done wrong that's something.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Is there something in the water or an age gap because there is a lot of love for the worst Deus Ex...IW was hot garbage cat. :colbert:

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

FuzzySlippers posted:

That made me remember they did a sequel to the Deus Ex reboot I never played but own somehow (humble?). Was that any good?

Also I'm glad I don't have to roll around as a specific bland white guy with batman voice in Cyberpunk. For whatever they've done wrong that's something.

It is a flawed game, but really not that bad. The story is weak, but it's 100% DX poking around in peoples' apartments and so on. It's definitely worth playing.

Is there something in the water or an age gap because there is a lot of love for the worst Deus Ex...IW was hot garbage cat. :colbert:

I just remember the cool poo poo: the Omar, Pequad & Queequeg, "young pliable," the virtual popstar, etc.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

The Last Call posted:

It's been long obvious some people there were never going to be happy as long as discussion of the game was allowed and a thread made for it when launched. They were always going to blast it and those who posted in the thread, unless it was banned they were going to bring out the torches. Its a bit of a miracle it took this long.

yeah. the mods are kinda hosed because they can't really ban discusiioons of that topic without alienated people but they are basically stuck having to condone folks self righteous shitposting about it on every other thread and than stewing about it on another thread and than shitposting more and radicalizing more. its sad because i don't really fully disagree with where they are coming from but its radicalized to a stupid point.

i mean we have that issue here on SA but its mostly contained and people keep their stuff on those two warring contaiment hellscapes.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

FuzzySlippers posted:

DXMD is pretty good, but ends early and abruptly.

Also, Elias Toufexis is a Canadian Treasure how dare you, sir! :mad:

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I vaguely recall IW having some cool elements but I got impatient with the tiny levels and all the loading. I could see how faster hardware (so presumably instant loading) could smooth over some old wrinkles.

edit: I did lol when I heard the Deus Ex reboot voice actor speak somewhere and that's his regular voice. I thought it was a bit.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

yeah. its alot better than HR mechanically and the worlds cool but its clearly like the first half or third of a game and the DLC is clearly cut content and we are probably never getting another one because loving Avengers game.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's up.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3950404

There's going to be a poll.

Edit:

Elias Toufexis is great :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression
All the Deus Ex games are good.

:colbert: