Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

So I'm using city blocks, and I'm making all my blueprints 100x100 to perfectly mesh into it. But there's gotta be a better way, right? If I scale things down to 25x25 for things like rail segments / assembly lines, will that work as well? I also turned on grid overlay and my city blocks aren't lined up perfectly with the world grid, I don't know if that matters or not. Maybe it does because I'm having to gently caress with the absolute grid reference flag every time I make a blueprint, which is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Canuckistan posted:

spectacular flower of misc components
I prefer the term 'pantsplosion', and i have been playing for thousands of hours now and still do this sometimes when upgrading or swapping out armour.

REDjackeT
Sep 2, 2009

Jabor posted:

I'm not sure what you mean by this. It balances perfectly evenly until one lane backs up all the way to the balancer, and which point everything goes to the lane that still has demand.

Which seems exactly the same as what the lane-balancer you posted does?

The simple one posted does not evenly distribute the input side, it only does the output side. If you have inserters only taking from the bottom lane of the output side, the top lane of the input side will drain first. In the more complex balancer, it will alternate lanes on the input side.

This can matter with train stops and buffer storage, making sure things unload evenly to maintain throughput.

REDjackeT fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Nov 21, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

necrotic posted:

One pump can feed enough water for 20 boilers to make steam for 40 steam engines. The info on the pop-up for each of those items should be enough to work that out. I'm not at a pc to show it all, but the info is there.

This does assume you aren't pumping the water a long way / doesn't consider in-line pumps. But if your steam power is right next to water that ratio holds .

The slow creep of the factory has led to the final generators being some distance from the water. Not an insurmountable one by any means considering it worked for 30 hours of game time, and the actual behavior of the water makes no sense (pumps are running at under 10% capacity with full independent power supply, even with empty space in the pipe right next to them), so I'm just chalking it up to things you deal with in this game and switching to solar. No maintenance once it's running.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

REDjackeT posted:

The simple one you posted does not evenly distribute the input side, it only does the output side. If you have inserters only taking from the bottom lane of the output side, the top lane of the input side will drain first. In the more complex balancer, it will alternate lanes on the input side.

This can matter with train stops and buffer storage, making sure things unload evenly to maintain throughput.

Turn avatars on, it wasn't me who posted the balancer.

But yeah, I getcha. I didn't really consider the input side balancing. The original post mentioned "if you only need to balance a single lane" so I guess I tunnel-visioned on trying to find differences in that specific scenario.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

SkyeAuroline posted:

The slow creep of the factory has led to the final generators being some distance from the water. Not an insurmountable one by any means considering it worked for 30 hours of game time, and the actual behavior of the water makes no sense (pumps are running at under 10% capacity with full independent power supply, even with empty space in the pipe right next to them), so I'm just chalking it up to things you deal with in this game and switching to solar. No maintenance once it's running.

Throughput of pipes drop drastically the more distance they travel. You need to place a pump every so often to keep throughput up. So whilst your pump is running at under 10% capacity, by the time it reaches the boilers, it's at such a low pressure that it's probably barely filling them up so they're all running at a lower cap than what their max is. The reason it worked without a hitch for the first 30 hours is most likely due to the fact you weren't drawing much power, or getting close to max power output of your boiler setup. Now that you're farther along in the game, I imagine you're demanding quite a lot more power, so your boilers are choking out due to lack of water pressure. Easiest thing is just setting up power generation beside water sources and bringing it in with large power poles. By the time you're in the mid to late game, distance doesn't matter as you can heavily defend whatever power outposts you build and just power pole it in.

All that being said, if you posted a screenshot or something, I'm sure it'd be an easy diagnosis. Everything I've said might be entirely incorrect.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Qubee posted:

Throughput of pipes drop drastically the more distance they travel. You need to place a pump every so often to keep throughput up. So whilst your pump is running at under 10% capacity, by the time it reaches the boilers, it's at such a low pressure that it's probably barely filling them up so they're all running at a lower cap than what their max is.
Yeah, I've got inline pumps every 40 or so tiles to try and keep the pressure up with no dice, none of them can even pressurize the tile right after them and the source group of offshore pumps won't even fill its less-than-10-pipe-long block. I'll likely be back around my desk tonight to get screenshots but I'm not sure it really matters at this point. Should have enough solar queued to switch over, just have to get a better design put together for tiling.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If the distance is far enough that I have to worry about multiple pumps, I just set up a train line to ferry water. :)

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I've gotten to nuclear recently and the thought of giving up entirely on steam engine power in the early and mid game and jumping straight over to solar / accumulators makes me queasy. You gotta churn out so much to keep up with power consumption, and it takes so much space that you need to defend. I'm just starting to touch solar power now after 30 hours lol

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Where are saves stored? Does the game handle moving saves from a desktop to laptop and back gracefully?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Game has steam cloud support and should handle that automatically.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
Steam's got cloud saves, so if you've got a net connection you should be able to just let it do its thang. Regardless, the game's save folder is in \Users\[username]\Appdata\Roaming\Factorio\Saves. I haven't done it but i'd bet the devs made copy-pasted save files work in a no-nonsense way.

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 21, 2020

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Arcturas posted:

Where are saves stored? Does the game handle moving saves from a desktop to laptop and back gracefully?

wherever your users are saved\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves

Just a direct copy/paste works seamlessly

SkyeAuroline posted:

Yeah, I've got inline pumps every 40 or so tiles to try and keep the pressure up with no dice, none of them can even pressurize the tile right after them and the source group of offshore pumps won't even fill its less-than-10-pipe-long block. I'll likely be back around my desk tonight to get screenshots but I'm not sure it really matters at this point. Should have enough solar queued to switch over, just have to get a better design put together for tiling.

Screenshots? Your description doesn't fit the mechanics so there is an error somewhere in the arangement.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

M_Gargantua posted:

Screenshots? Your description doesn't fit the mechanics so there is an error somewhere in the arangement.

Annotated & numbered, plus a (slightly outdated and very compressed) full-factory one to a) see how everything pieces together, b) laugh at my terrible design sense. I'd give an up-to-date one of the latter instead of a day or two ago, but it already crashed GIMP once compressing it.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Super easy fix. I also really like your base, by the way. And annotating the pictures was nice of you. So the issue you have is you're connecting tonnes of pumps to the same pipe network. Bad news is pipes have a max throughput.

So whilst each of those offshore pumps is capable of transferring 1200 water per second, the length of your pipeline is capping things out at ~1000 water per second, so having a bajillion pumps does nothing for you in this situation. And then you're trying to feed how many boilers? A single pump can maintain 20 boilers. It's like having 100 smelters pushing metal plates onto a yellow belt, it doesn't matter how hard they push, the belt can only take so many plates and the smelters will just back up and not be working. Simplest fix is to disconnect those pumps from each other and have separate lines running up to the boilers. Since you're in overkill territory, you can have a pump feed 5 boilers to make sure they get fully supplied with water.

This example above shows how you should be doing it. I've got two separated pumps that feed their own row of boilers, and they never connect to each other or share fluids. This means I'm totally sure of the fact the boilers are getting the throughput they need. That's all there is to it. I'd also recommend moving power generation beside the lake. It's a lot easier belting coal in than it is piping water ages away.

Completely unrelated to the steam generator issue you're having, I just wanna save you a lot of pain and suffering down the line and say you really don't need to have 4 belts of coal and 4 belts of stone. The big boys of your factory are gonna be iron, copper and circuits. Steel can have a belt or two of it's own, but fully saturating a belt with steel takes an absurd amount of smelters, and you don't generally eat through steel all that fast. I usually pair stuff like coal and sulfur up together halfsies on a belt, and I do stone and brick on another belt.

Edit: just realized those pumps and single pipe network are providing water for your entire base. That's gonna choke things out real fast. Set up dedicated pipelines for each section of your base (power generation, assemblies, oil) and you'll be golden.

Qubee fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 21, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Qubee posted:

Super easy fix. I also really like your base, by the way. And annotating the pictures was nice of you. So the issue you have is you're connecting tonnes of pumps to the same pipe network. Bad news is pipes have a max throughput.

-snip-

So whilst each of those offshore pumps is capable of transferring 1200 water per second, the length of your pipeline is capping things out at ~1000 water per second, so having a bajillion pumps does nothing for you in this situation. And then you're trying to feed how many boilers? A single pump can maintain 20 boilers. It's like having 100 smelters pushing metal plates onto a yellow belt, it doesn't matter how hard they push, the belt can only take so many plates and the smelters will just back up and not be working. Simplest fix is to disconnect those pumps from each other and have separate lines running up to the boilers. Since you're in overkill territory, you can have a pump feed 5 boilers to make sure they get fully supplied with water.

-snip-

This example above shows how you should be doing it. I've got two separated pumps that feed their own row of boilers, and they never connect to each other or share fluids. This means I'm totally sure of the fact the boilers are getting the throughput they need. That's all there is to it. I'd also recommend moving power generation beside the lake. It's a lot easier belting coal in than it is piping water ages away.

Makes sense all together. I'll give it a shot, probably just rebuild a whole solid fuel production + boiler assembly right by the lake instead. I was hopeful running two pipes in parallel would at least fix the throughput up to the first pump, but it didn't seem to. Going to see how the solar array pans out once what I've already mapped out gets done.

quote:

Completely unrelated to the steam generator issue you're having, I just wanna save you a lot of pain and suffering down the line and say you really don't need to have 4 belts of coal and 4 belts of stone. The big boys of your factory are gonna be iron, copper and circuits. Steel can have a belt or two of it's own, but fully saturating a belt with steel takes an absurd amount of smelters, and you don't generally eat through steel all that fast. I usually pair stuff like coal and sulfur up together halfsies on a belt, and I do stone and brick on another belt.

Yeah, I've noticed as I've gone along that the coal/stone belts have been a little excessive. So far I haven't had to cut back on them, no lack of spare yellow belts lying around, but I'm eyeing cutting two lanes of coal and moving the circuits to a double belt if I can swing the arrangement; I've expanded my circuit production since here, and now copper supply is my bottleneck to fix, but I can already tell I'm going to saturate that one belt long before I'm "done" elsewhere.

On the plus side, I spaghetti'd together purple science so I can start progressing again, the bottleneck *here* is productivity modules and I can expand that when I've put out my fires elsewhere:

Thanks for the advice!

Edit: I just caught your edit, and no, I have a separate pump set and pipeline running to the right side of the tracks; you can kind of see it in the first couple, it splits off to the right where the others go left. All underground pipes except a few places to branch for factories, never had it drop below 95% full.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 21, 2020

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Qubee posted:

I've gotten to nuclear recently and the thought of giving up entirely on steam engine power in the early and mid game and jumping straight over to solar / accumulators makes me queasy. You gotta churn out so much to keep up with power consumption, and it takes so much space that you need to defend. I'm just starting to touch solar power now after 30 hours lol

Im using Power Redux because I played the power game enough. It is not free energy, the panels and capacitors are expensive, but it doesn't need much space.

Every step takes some material and the previous level. Mk1 needs 3 regular panels/capacitors. Mk2 takes 3 Mk1 etc. resulting in Mk8 basically costing 6561 normal panels/caps PLUS Iron or steel plates and green or red circuits every step of the way.

deltah
Sep 28, 2012
I wish nuclear took more resource upkeep. I had a uranium ore patch I wanted to build over so I've focused on clearing it but now I have dozens of storage chests full of u-235 / u-238 and no real place to use it.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

SkyeAuroline posted:

Annotated & numbered, plus a (slightly outdated and very compressed) full-factory one to a) see how everything pieces together, b) laugh at my terrible design sense. I'd give an up-to-date one of the latter instead of a day or two ago, but it already crashed GIMP once compressing it.

In addition to what Qubee said, use more underground pipes. each one counts as two pipes length, no matter what distance is between them.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

Tamba posted:

In addition to what Qubee said, use more underground pipes. each one counts as two pipes length, no matter what distance is between them.

I thought they changed that?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

They were planning to, with the new fluid system...and then that never happened, so it's still the same.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Good news and bad news.

Good news: I fixed the engine (by completely rebuilding it), and between the remainder of my fuel supply running on the old engine + this new engine + the growing solar power spread, power is ramped massively above what I actually need at any given time (power menu shows peak generation of ~150 MW while I'm using 35-40 MW) and so it shouldn't even have to run all that much. Thanks for the advice on fixing it up. (Ran out of engine materials at the time, hence the uneven count, but no real need to expand right now with how underutilized it is already.)

Bad news: I've hit peak oil and the only other oil deposits on the map are across a river, surrounded by a network of biter nests. Not ideal.

Also finally figured out how to translate OpenTTD intersection signaling to Factorio, and now wishing for train tunnels.

SkyeAuroline fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 22, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
Just use the power to build a coal gasification plant.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
That is why solid fuel power plants are actually pretty unpopular.

And you will never stop wishing for train tunnels.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

K8.0 posted:

Just use the power to build a coal gasification plant.

It's on the docket, but coal supply is actually my next big problem to solve alongside the fuel. My current supply isn't out, but it's a relatively small deposit that I ran a temporary rail line to. Biter attacks have started getting nasty, and my defenses weren't able to keep up very well thanks to the rebuilding-the-factory effort and suspension of science, so expanding into biter territory for the 10M deposit I found hasn't been a high priority yet. Now I can actually work on that.

VictualSquid posted:

That is why solid fuel power plants are actually pretty unpopular.

And you will never stop wishing for train tunnels.

It does explain the problem, certainly.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

How do you guys approach dealing with biters on the far side of a body of water that are getting hit by your pollution, but you can't get to without venturing into un-radar'ed territory? My pollution cloud has spread out farther on the one side than the other, probably because there are no trees over there, but whatever.

I've almost built my first car, and I think the cars have guns on top? So I can use them to bait some biters into a turret nest and then figure out how grenades work. That should do for the nearer biter nests, it's just the one across the river is making me nervous.

(It's either go clear biters or actually figure out how to spaghetti some military science production, and I'm more in the mood to go deal with biters so I can work on building a whole new main bus since I'm grumpy at the spaghetti on my current one. But there is no well-placed big iron deposit that I've found so.... Basically, standard Factorio problems, I assume.)

Arcturas fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Nov 22, 2020

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Throwing grenades out of a car is the standard way to deal with biters at that point. You can also shoot the car gun while throwing grenades. Also, if you get military science set up, defender capsules are disgustingly strong at that stage, although their momentum effect makes them difficult to use while in a car.

Large water near your base is actually kinda hell early game for the exact reason you're experiencing. You can landfill your way across, but that's a lot of resources early game. Forests are peace, it's insane how long you can without attacks if your starting location is in a dense forest.

You don't need train tunnels when you have train jumps.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

K8.0 posted:

Throwing grenades out of a car is the standard way to deal with biters at that point. You can also shoot the car gun while throwing grenades. Also, if you get military science set up, defender capsules are disgustingly strong at that stage, although their momentum effect makes them difficult to use while in a car.

That sounds like way too much fun, and also a great way to crash into a tree. I'll give it a go!

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

M_Gargantua posted:

wherever your users are saved\your user name\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\saves

Just a direct copy/paste works seamlessly

If you type "%appdata%" into the file explorer it will take you to "[username]\AppData\Roaming" without having to type out the entire commandline. :eng101:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I like to use turrets to clear nests.

One turret whose range overlaps the next turret and so on as you get close then you set up a wall of turrets and put one or two next to the buildings/worms, such that those two are killing buildings while the other turrets kill any biters that attack your turrets.

Another way is just dumping grenades with a car but that seems too easy sometimes. Once you get the tank it’s cool just ramming everything though, and launching cannon shots from way far away.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

jokes posted:

I like to use turrets to clear nests.

One turret whose range overlaps the next turret and so on as you get close then you set up a wall of turrets and put one or two next to the buildings/worms, such that those two are killing buildings while the other turrets kill any biters that attack your turrets.

Another way is just dumping grenades with a car but that seems too easy sometimes. Once you get the tank it’s cool just ramming everything though, and launching cannon shots from way far away.

My problem with turrets is I didn't get ammo production up early enough, so I only have a few stacks of the stuff and dropping 200 into every turret seems so wasteful, but then the micro of dropping in -> pulling out half stacks is a lot when under worm fire.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Control right click drops a half stack into an entity, q clears cursor, control right click again picks up half of what's in the entity. You can also sweep across a line of entities while holding control right click to perform each action to all of them. That's the fastest way to deal with limited ammo when turret walking without mods that let you do crazier poo poo.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
You can also hold down 'z' while sweeping the held item over things (no clicking, just wave the cursor around and hold the z key). Works great for filling burner drills and furnaces with coal in the early game. Don't know if it works for turrets and bullets but I imagine so.

Jamsque
May 31, 2009

promising carl posted:

You can also hold down 'z' while sweeping the held item over things (no clicking, just wave the cursor around and hold the z key). Works great for filling burner drills and furnaces with coal in the early game. Don't know if it works for turrets and bullets but I imagine so.

This does work.

For the uninitiated, 'z' drops one of whatever you have in your hand wherever your cursor currently is, as long as it is within your character's reach. You can hold it down and keep your cursor in one place to drop multiple items, or as promising carl says you can hold it and swing your cursor over a set of turrets/buildings/chests/what have you and drop one in each for each sweep of the cursor.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Arcturas posted:

My problem with turrets is I didn't get ammo production up early enough, so I only have a few stacks of the stuff and dropping 200 into every turret seems so wasteful, but then the micro of dropping in -> pulling out half stacks is a lot when under worm fire.

It's a good habit to get a small mall built up early just downstream of red science. I usually automate belts, assemblers, turrets, ammo, inserters, and a few other sundries. It can be torn out and replaced with a better mall later as you need to, but having a stack of building components on hand to just hoover up when you walk by, or a couple of stacks of emergency ammo can be a lifesaver.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ammo is made from just iron plate so it’s easy as poo poo to automate production early on.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

RabbitWizard posted:

Im using Power Redux because I played the power game enough.

I was planning on using something like this for my next playthrough. I feel like solar and accumulators ought to have some upgrades in vanilla, so a mod that adds it is really nifty. I can imagine it becoming a bore when you've done it more than once. So having the option to build slightly more complicated and resource-hungry upgraded versions is a lifesaver.

SkyeAuroline posted:

Good news and bad news.

Not to be a pain in the rear end, just so you don't run into the same issue later on in your playthrough when water demand increases. You're still having multiple offshore pumps connected to the same pipe network. So the most you'll be giving yourself is 1200 water/s. If you had each offshore pump on it's own dedicated pipeline, you'd have a max throughput of 8400 water/s (7*1200) for your power generation section alone. This'll be really important when you either 1) expand to more than 20 boilers for steam engine power generation or 2) set up nuclear reactors, a simple 2x1 nuclear setup needs two separated offshore pumps to fully supply it with water (otherwise it'll choke out due to lack of water if you use the pipe connected to everything method).

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

SkyeAuroline posted:

Bad news: I've hit peak oil and the only other oil deposits on the map are across a river, surrounded by a network of biter nests. Not ideal.

Whatup, large-body-of-water-blocking-the-map-buddy! I to was running low on oil and started searching. I only had 1 patch that was like 12k% oil to start, and then a few tiny patches that were like 2k%, and I was at the point where the 12k was getting chugged, so the 2ks were not ideal.

At the time, my map looked roughly like this:

It went slightly farther than that view. I had what appeared to be a lake edge in each corner of the map, with the middles cleared. So, I picked an arbitrary direction, built a spidertron, kitted us both out for speed and biter destruction, and went for a jog to the..... let's go northeast. I followed the water's edge so that I'd know where the boundaries of the lake were, and because hey, circle around and you're back at base, right? I spent a good bit of time wandering around and killing any biter nests I could find, but the water edge just wouldn't go back home.

After what seemed like forever, I finally found a few good patches of things. Namely, two large-sized patches of oil that were 19k% and ~18k% each. Jackpot! That'll do me for a good while, I think. Except for one... tiny little issue.

:mrwhite:

Ok, ok, this isn't great, but well, let's keep going. I'm fully out of missiles, but the lasers are working, and maybe I can keep circling around, get back home from the south side of the base. so I press onward.

And onward. And onward. Biter nests are becoming a huge slog by now. It's gotta have something to do with how many I've killed at the point, because I'm actively moving towards my base and generating new map and the biters are getting harder and harder as I go. At least I know I made a good choice for my spidertron loadout.

Along the way, I find two other good things. First, a group of iron patches that are closely clustered that total around 270mil ore all together. That's noteworthy. But then I also find this:

I have found THE Copper. And it's just past the oil. Defffffinitely marking that for later.

Finally, after what felt like a longer slog than getting to those bits, I finally make it home. I then do what comes naturally. Proceed to rearm, redeploy, and conquer the land until I can claim those resources for myself! :black101:

You can see the oil at the end of the line, then THE Copper, and then I'm in the process of building all the dang iron mining stuff to the west of that. That should last me.... I dunno a week or two? I'm currently scaling things up to do 1 rocket per minute and 1k science per minute. Not huge by any means, but the biggest I've done, so a good challenge.

EDIT: to address some questions I know will be coming my way, my map was genned using RSO on defaults and railworld settings. I'm planning on getting rid of RSO in the future because this spread is kinda hosed. I've got tons of tiny patches and few honkin' big ones like THE Copper. I've ignored any patches that were less than 10mil ore after scaling up to where I was in that first pic. Also, I don't have walls and defenses because I play on railworld, and biter spread is turned off. I did this because it's been years since I played and I didn't want too much pressure to start. My next run will have biter spread turned on.

neogeo0823 fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 22, 2020

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Qubee posted:

Not to be a pain in the rear end, just so you don't run into the same issue later on in your playthrough when water demand increases. You're still having multiple offshore pumps connected to the same pipe network. So the most you'll be giving yourself is 1200 water/s. If you had each offshore pump on it's own dedicated pipeline, you'd have a max throughput of 8400 water/s (7*1200) for your power generation section alone. This'll be really important when you either 1) expand to more than 20 boilers for steam engine power generation or 2) set up nuclear reactors, a simple 2x1 nuclear setup needs two separated offshore pumps to fully supply it with water (otherwise it'll choke out due to lack of water if you use the pipe connected to everything method).

Yup, I'm aware. I'll disconnect them when I need to start scaling up. Until then there wasn't much point in removing them just to have to reinstall them again in a couple hours. Thanks for looking out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
I think RSO settings overwrite anything you do with the world gen on new game, but you can adjust them from the menu before you load the game and it will carry over to the save when generating new chunks. Or you can just use the command to have RSO regenerate ALL chunks from scratch with new settings. Its an easy fix if you have the bots to redo your existing mining.