Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007
re: VPN chat, this had a free option that should have sufficient bandwidth to handle the day of download and does have a NZ server. I'm going to try it on launch.

https://www.goldenfrog.com/vyprvpn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

ethanol posted:

is there going to be a hardcore mode like in NV?

ha ha ha like i don't already know the answer to that in my stomach

There will be one after January, but it's going to be PC and XBOX only.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Not sure if this guy is actually as bad as the old streamer or if the enemies are bullet sponges. He seems more competent, just based on what he's trying to do, but he isn't killing the enemies any faster or more efficiently than Tommy Wiseau was.

Fina
Feb 27, 2006

Shazbot!
Does Valve get pissy if you use a VPN to unlock a game early? I know VPN purchasing is a big no-no but I've never looked into doing it to unlock a game.

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014

Seashell Salesman posted:

Not sure if this guy is actually as bad as the old streamer or if the enemies are bullet sponges. He seems more competent, just based on what he's trying to do, but he isn't killing the enemies any faster or more efficiently than Tommy Wiseau was.

He's playing on hard and the only way Bethesda knows how to make anything harder is to give it more health.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fina posted:

Does Valve get pissy if you use a VPN to unlock a game early? I know VPN purchasing is a big no-no but I've never looked into doing it to unlock a game.

Basically nothing says they won't ban you except you bought the game and you aren't getting it at a discount by VPN buying so they almost certainly won't

But they could

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Fina posted:

No one has ever been banned for it.

Noctis Horrendae
Nov 1, 2013

ModeSix posted:

I'm sorry you live in a country where your ISPs get to rape you.

God Bless Mexican ISPs. (This only costs me about $30 a month and it's synchronous up/down, also unlimited bandwidth).

america is a third world country

i pay $60 a month for ~60 kb/s up, 500 kb/s down

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

There will be one after January, but it's going to be PC and XBOX only.

Well, it will if Sony doesn't get their poo poo together. Bethesda's trying to get mods on all three versions.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
i love this dj

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Ohgod, these are the same songs my modded Fallout 3 had for the expanded radio...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Bholder posted:

Ohgod, these are the same songs my modded Fallout 3 had for the expanded radio...

5 hours of Sir Mixalot?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bholder posted:

but it's going to be PC and XBOX only.

wrong

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

5 hours of Sir Mixalot?

How did you know the character I am making.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

5 hours of Sir Mixalot?

this on loop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c71RCAyLS1M

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Anybody got a link to the stream you guys are watching?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

TontoCorazon posted:

Anybody got a link to the stream you guys are watching?

http://streamcountry.com/hatenewspapers/

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Fina posted:

I did the VPN thing when Skyrim came out and I still haven't been banned. I think they're probably fine with it provided that you don't use a VPN to try to cheat them out of money on the store.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Tiny Tim continues to be a creeper, even in the digital age.

I think the best description of him I read was he was like one of those deluded psychos on American Idol or Americas got talent, only instead of getting kicked out right away he actually got famous somehow.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Noctis Horrendae posted:

my Australian connection got me the whole game in 45 mins. I thought America was supposed to be top notch?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Slugnoid posted:

my Australian connection got me the whole game in 45 mins. I thought America was supposed to be top notch?

Most of the wires are there, but they intentionally handicap your ability to get a good reception without paying premium for it.

Unless you live in a place with sustainable nature, then its a problem that you haven't payed Comcast/Verizon enough money to claim your town and/or city as part of their monopoly territory and then pay them to put towers/etc up, then pay them monthly extortion fees for basic service.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 8, 2015

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Speaking of Steam:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

famous japanese developer interplay

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Real hurthling! posted:

It is a Hiroshima/Nagasaki joke.

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Real hurthling! posted:

jesus christ

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Mirelurk Hunters look scary

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

Real hurthling! posted:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Noctis Horrendae posted:

I pay $70 a month for unmetered 30mbit down, 5mbit up :\

popewiles posted:

It is a Hiroshima/Nagasaki joke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuoUlJtsezY

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gonkish posted:

I did the VPN thing when Skyrim came out and I still haven't been banned. I think they're probably fine with it provided that you don't use a VPN to try to cheat them out of money on the store.

I had the same experience.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Thank you, but man that stream is pretty drat laggy

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Sometimes the game looks okay and sometimes it looks ugly as gently caress.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I doubt they care about the VPN lock whatsoever. People use their laptops in multiple places around the globe when they travel, and obviously your IP location will change based on where you are. In those cases you could legitimately unlock a game if you were logged on in a country that had the game early. VPN's fake that geolocation, and Valve can't tell where you physically are, so they have to treat all location claims as legitimate. Obviously they can get an idea of where you actually live, if you're based in North America 99% of the time, but suddenly appear in China for an hour, but in cases where money isn't a factor, then it more than likely not worth their time.

Hell, even when money is an issue, it's probably not worth their time, but in those cases laws start coming into play, and potential lawsuits from devs who feel they're not getting the money they deserve, so it forces Valve to do something.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=HdDT_LaOEjw

PS4 stream here

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009
I unlocked Dark Souls 2 early with a Japanese VPN with no ill consequences.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Article about the history of Fallout game development: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/258465/20_years_of_Fallout_Lessons_learned_shipping_games_in_the_wasteland.php

Lmao

quote:

"At the start of Fallout 2, I was watching one of our area designers, John Deiley, layout a level," recalls Urquhart. "I asked him why he didn't just copy one of the buildings he'd already created as a starting point for the building right next door He looked up at me and said that the Fallout Editor didn't have Copy and Paste support."

"I just looked at him blankly until he said it again. I left his office and went over to talk to Scott Everts, the designer who created the maps for every single level in Fallout 1. I asked Scott about not having Copy and Paste, which meant every single tile you see in Fallout 1 was uniquely placed. He said it made making the levels hard, but he didn’t want to bother the programmers. Nowadays, I always ask our level designers, and artists, if they have all the tools they need - all the way down to copy and paste."

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"I didn't want to bother the programmers" is amazing.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

This guy is awful

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Why are these streamers playing in third person?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

KomradeX posted:

This guy is awful

At least he isn't trying to be ~edgy~ by saying the word human being once a minute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Elderbean posted:

Why are these streamers playing in third person?

To make comparisons to Witcher 3 easier

• Locked thread