Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rhjamiz posted:

I'm trying to imagine a DBZ where Goku reforms/collects Cell like he does most everyone else who tried to kill him.

Gohan dies fighting new threat to the world alongside Cell. Cell abducts Pan and trains her in order to prepare for the next challenge.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Noncanon is just like gluten, or hipster. It may have actually meant something at soke point but now it's just a catchall "thing i dont like"

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Adder Moray posted:

Gohan dies fighting new threat to the world alongside Cell. Cell abducts Pan and trains her in order to prepare for the next challenge.

The "hugging is totally a thing I do" Cell AU

But let's all be honest, the redeemable Cell was the one that Trunks and Krillin killed while it was a fetus. Shoulda taken him to Bulma and let her reprogram him. Have their own lil baby bugman in a few years.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

I appreciate Champa's policy line of "gently caress it, more Saiyans!"

Hey it churned out a female Broly, looks like he did something right

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Champa, with a nose for it but little time, manages to steer into the right road but the wrong lane, wildly collecting Saiyans like any power-needy newbie would, not understanding the consequence of this, nor the tragedy of the fact he's U6 and thus has the knockoff Saiyans to pick from, with Cabbages alone besides Broccolini now being a Super Saiyan, aaaaaand that's all they have matching the 20+ years of SS experience the now-gods Goku and Vegeta got. About all they got is Broleroles rumored LSSj power of infinite power scaling with rage and time. Good luck, assholes! HAH! Bet Vegeta has fun throwing his protege over the edge, fulfilling his promise to him earlier to annihilate his planet and everything he ever loved.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Kelp Plankton posted:

But let's all be honest, the redeemable Cell was the one that Trunks and Krillin killed while it was a fetus. Shoulda taken him to Bulma and let her reprogram him. Have their own lil baby bugman in a few years.

That's what I suggested

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

That would be Cell raising Pan, just like Piccolo did Gohan, does this mean all the Gohan bloodline is demon cursed to green dads and uncles

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Black August posted:

That would be Cell raising Pan, just like Piccolo did Gohan, does this mean all the Gohan bloodline is demon cursed to green dads and uncles

Yes.

It's the entire Bardock bloodline.

First borns are abandoned, growing up to be vaguely similar while never quite measuring up in that aspect. Second borns look like their father and grow up to be completely different people.

Turns out Radditz was brought up by a Saibaman.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

projecthalaxy posted:

Noncanon is just like gluten, or hipster. It may have actually meant something at soke point but now it's just a catchall "thing i dont like"

Everyone likes Goku and Piccolo learning to drive.

But it's just not canon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Goku knows how to drive but Picollo still does not.

The finale of Super will depend on this.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

sassassin posted:

Everyone likes Goku and Piccolo learning to drive.

But it's just not canon.

The dragon ball baseball episode is canon though

Ditto for ssb kaioken

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

StrifeHira posted:

Super Saiyan 3 Raditz is true canon

That's just regular Super Saiyan Raditz though?

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Vonnie posted:

Nah, no eyebrows.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

drrockso20 posted:

That's what I suggested

yeah thats why i mentioned it

its a good idea

not that anything will ever use it, and if something did the show/manga people would figure out some excuse to make him into his Perfect form because thats the one people like instead of the bugman

i could see dragonball heroes trying to pull something like that out though, Kid Cell or whatever. it's right up that game's alley

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Which is funny because I remember killing cell in the womb being one of the few proactive decisions the DBZ cast have ever taken and as a child I was super psyched they were finally killing poo poo before it was a major problem.

I couldn't see the buu arc coming; nobody could.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

reignofevil posted:

Which is funny because I remember killing cell in the womb being one of the few proactive decisions the DBZ cast have ever taken and as a child I was super psyched they were finally killing poo poo before it was a major problem.

I couldn't see the buu arc coming; nobody could.

It was Future Trunks influence. He takes none of this bullshit. Thats why Goku always makes sure to get rid of him as soon as possible.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Adder Moray posted:

What kind of outfit would he give Pan? Piccolo gave Gohan a gi based on him own, and I'm sure Cell inherited he clothes beam from his DNA.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Condiv posted:

The dragon ball baseball episode is canon though

Ditto for ssb kaioken

Seriously, Dragonball and Dragon Ball Z have some of the best filler episodes I've seen in anime, which makes me all the more curious why GT ended up being as bad as it was.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Having watched too much Naruto filler, I can easily say that Dragon Ball filler is much much better.

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

Rhonne posted:

What kind of outfit would he give Pan? Piccolo gave Gohan a gi based on him own, and I'm sure Cell inherited he clothes beam from his DNA.

Green and black shirt, green pants, and some very tall pointy boots

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Adder Moray posted:

Green and black shirt, green pants, and some very tall pointy boots

You know, Pan would genuinely look good in black with dark green, and so would SSj gold.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
I kind of want another universe's cell equivalent to come along. Maybe even a dead universe"s lone survivor - which incidentally is probably the new fan fiction get out of jail free card.

THIS TAKES PLACE IN A UNIVERSE THAT LONG AGO WAS ERASED BY ZENO, SO WHO CARES? GO CRAZY. "B-but there is no Universe 20." NOPE, BECAUSE HE ERASED IT BEFORE Z. WHY WOULD HE BRING UP UNIVERSES THAT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE? :smug:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Crabtree posted:

I kind of want another universe's cell equivalent to come along. Maybe even a dead universe"s lone survivor - which incidentally is probably the new fan fiction get out of jail free card.

THIS TAKES PLACE IN A UNIVERSE THAT LONG AGO WAS ERASED BY ZENO, SO WHO CARES? GO CRAZY. "B-but there is no Universe 20." NOPE, BECAUSE HE ERASED IT BEFORE Z. WHY WOULD HE BRING UP UNIVERSES THAT DON'T EXIST ANYMORE? :smug:

Universe 20 is where all the movies take place.

Spidder
Jan 9, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Every kid in the series should have their own Mr. Piccolo: a former villain who also killed their dad.

Frieza gets Trunks and Marron
Cell gets Goten
Buu gets Bra and Pan.

Frieza would probably be an bad teacher though.

"And remember Trunks, if you ever find yourself losing a fight, just blow up and planet and fly somewhere else."
"But I can't breath in space."
"Details, details."

Isn't Trunks the one who killed Freeza's dad, though?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Spidder posted:

Isn't Trunks the one who killed Freeza's dad, though?

Goku killed Piccolos dad too. It works, dead dads all the way down.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Black August posted:

You know, Pan would genuinely look good in black with dark green, and so would SSj gold.

Depends on how big of a fan of the Great Saiyaman she is, he's pretty cool but she might like her dad more.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Larryb posted:

Seriously, Dragonball and Dragon Ball Z have some of the best filler episodes I've seen in anime, which makes me all the more curious why GT ended up being as bad as it was.
Just because you can put some improv flourishes on someone else's music doesn't mean you can write your own.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

SirKibbles posted:

Depends on how big of a fan of the Great Saiyaman she is, he's pretty cool but she might like her dad more.

I'm seeing a much, much darker green paired with a simple black, and no cape. Something more like Goku Black's outfit in design and palette.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Vonnie posted:

SirKibbles posted:

Pan knows Great Saiyaman is cool.

Dragon Ball Super needs Super Saiyakid filler episode.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

StrifeHira posted:

Don't be a fool. Pan is still a baby, and of Saiyan blood. Like a cat, she has no concept of life and mercy, and in her baby exuberance would murders millions and she'd laugh adorably about it.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Nessus posted:

Just because you can put some improv flourishes on someone else's music doesn't mean you can write your own.

Fair enough, to GT's credit though I did kind of like Pan and the Super Saiyan 4 design but that's about it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Black August posted:

Don't be a fool. Pan is still a baby, and of Saiyan blood. Like a cat, she has no concept of life and mercy, and in her baby exuberance would murders millions and she'd laugh adorably about it.

So she'd be her worse paternal grandfather, but actually worth rooting for.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

StrifeHira posted:

Pan knows Great Saiyaman is cool.

Saiyafamily

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Larryb posted:

Fair enough, to GT's credit though I did kind of like Pan and the Super Saiyan 4 design but that's about it.

I just miss the tails or at least some kind of monkey characteristics makes Saiyans more than indistinguishable humans but they really like to fight and can take damage that would kill a human.

You liked GT Pan? She's such a nothing character though like she does almost nothing cool and doesn't have a personality other than be bratty and really like her grandpa. Power level wise she's weird too but everyone in GT was.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Apr 13, 2017

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SirKibbles posted:

I just miss the tails or at least some kind of monkey characteristics makes Saiyans more than indistinguishable humans but they really like to fight and can take damage that would kill a human.

You liked GT Pan? She's such a nothing character though like she does almost nothing cool and doesn't have a personality other than be bratty and really like her grandpa. Power level wise she's weird too but everyone in GT was.

Admittedly it's been a while since I saw the show, but she started promising at least (then again, so did the rest of the series and look how that turned out). I do still kind of like the look of SS4 though, mostly due to how unique it is (kind of a halfway point between regular Saiyan and Great Ape form).

GT was just a mess all the way around though, you could tell that the writers had some interesting ideas and were trying to recapture the spirit of the original Dragon Ball (albeit in kind of a half-assed way) but didn't really have the talent to make it all work properly.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 13, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

OB_Juan posted:

Saiyafamily

Saiya familia con Goku y Espiritu Santo Bomba

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
This family contains space warriors

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Saiya-peepole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Black human beings

• Locked thread