Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

redweird posted:

I'm pretty confident that the only one shots in this game are a perfectly spaced Roadhog M2, an arrow to the head, and a charged Widowmaker headshot.

Roadhog's M2 is just his M1 with a ten-meter starting point.

Reaper can one-shot Tracer for sure, and maybe 200 hp heroes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
road's m2 projects the pellets from one single point as opposed to already coming out slightly spread out
they all launch from the tip of a cone at the end of that lil poof also he shoots forks btw

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

quickplay mmr and ranked mmr are separate
Sort of. Your initial competitive MMR is seeded off your quickplay MMR, which is why you can see things like someone losing 2/8 but winding up at 62 while someone wins 6/4 and ends up 48 or whatever.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

McCree can 1 shot a discorded target, reaper technically can but that poo poo happens like once every 300 games

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Roadhog's M2 is just his M1 with a ten-meter starting point.

Reaper can one-shot Tracer for sure, and maybe 200 hp heroes?

reaper can technically oneshot reaper but it's probably never gonna happen. he does 140 max, or 280 on a headshot

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what is this never gonna happen / 300 games but one time?

is his spread hosed up or something

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Some s76 called me a loving gnome for winning a duel against him as torb because he can't aim and I can. When I told him to aim better, his whole team decided to focus on me and I got an 18 player kill streak because they kept running into torbjorn at the end of king's row. AARDVAARK PAYS OFF

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Some s76 called me a loving gnome for winning a duel against him as torb because he can't aim and I can. When I told him to aim better, his whole team decided to focus on me and I got an 18 player kill streak because they kept running into torbjorn at the end of king's row. AARDVAARK PAYS OFF

I find it's better to go obscure or weird with the rebuttals, or just wink at them.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Manatee Cannon posted:

mmr has nothing to do with your level and never does in any game ever made

nope, but I'm still not convinced matchmaking doesn't take time played into account. It does for hots, and it's uncanny that I would never play with an unstarred person until i queue with my level 70 friends and then the game is full of them?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Heavy Metal posted:

I find it's better to go obscure or weird with the rebuttals, or just wink at them.

I need to look up some weird swedish sayings to say back at people while playing Torb.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I need to look up some weird swedish sayings to say back at people while playing Torb.

"Yer mekkin a chicken outoffa feather!"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Someone needs to make a torbjorn video with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihSaGAVHmvw

Playing, torb in one of his biker outfits and roadhog as Snake From A Rival Gang

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

verbal enema posted:

what is this never gonna happen / 300 games but one time?

is his spread hosed up or something

You have to be rubbing the gun on the side of their temple to actually do it since reaper actually has a pair of blunderbusses, which you're never going to do unless the target is deaf or retarded

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Theta Zero posted:

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/ThetaZero-11890

If matchmaking is based off of MMR then no wonder it's pissy at me. Does it also factor in competitive rank when doing quick play at all? Because that would make it even worse.

You're a level 70 australlian. You are literally the top 1% of Overwatch players, while living in an area that takes up like 10% of the Game's population. I'm sorry but there's no way you're going to find people with how good / far you are from everyone else.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

flashman posted:

nope, but I'm still not convinced matchmaking doesn't take time played into account. It does for hots, and it's uncanny that I would never play with an unstarred person until i queue with my level 70 friends and then the game is full of them?

You tend to get better at a game as you play it more

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Turtlicious posted:

You're a level 70 australlian. You are literally the top 1% of Overwatch players, while living in an area that takes up like 10% of the Game's population. I'm sorry but there's no way you're going to find people with how good / far you are from everyone else.

I live in California.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

bear is driving! posted:

Roadhogs right click can one shot 250 health characters and many of the 200 health characters can die in one shot from Pharas/McCrees/others?

I'm done until this gets fixed, the game is an unfun piece of poo poo right now.

Yeah its pretty well understood that Roadhog is the most OP hero in the game and needs a nerf. Everyone agrees on this.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
This patch:

Severely increased the range of the high burst DPS character to be beyond Roadhog's effective hook range
Released a hero that's able to prevent healing, do relatively high damage incredibly quickly and put people to sleep
Buffed one of Roadhog's major counters to not die to a stiff breeze
Buffed another counter to be practically invincible

All of which severely reduced the effectiveness of Roadhog, but yeah I guess he's OP and it's not just you being outplayed.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
roadhog's a pretty cool cat who's countered by many other characters in this video game

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I like roadhog. hes a qt

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Roadhog is good at two ranges, and his hook will bring you into one of those ranges

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

redweird posted:

Roadhog is good at two ranges, and his hook will bring you into one of those ranges

Or behind him, or inexplicably five feet to the left of where you're supposed to land, or sometimes you just get yanked towards a random wall. :iiam:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
McCree is able to put out a high amount of damage beyond the ranges which Roadhog is effective and is even capable of maintaining this high spike damage well out of the range of both Roadhog's Hook and Alternate Fire.

Coupled with Zenyatta's Discord, McCree is able to maintain this level of damage way beyond the range demonstrated in this video (due to the nature of Discord, it increases all damage the target takes, meaning that the effective falloff of certain weapons is decreased substantially), and in the ranges actually used is capable of planting Roadhog so firmly in the ground it would require an excavator to shovel that much dirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gP4GqI-BKA

Soldier was also capable of doing this, and with Zenyatta in play is also much more able to do this now. Same with Pharah.

This really is a case of Git Gud.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ddraig posted:

This patch:

Severely increased the range of the high burst DPS character to be beyond Roadhog's effective hook range
Released a hero that's able to prevent healing, do relatively high damage incredibly quickly and put people to sleep
Buffed one of Roadhog's major counters to not die to a stiff breeze
Buffed another counter to be practically invincible

All of which severely reduced the effectiveness of Roadhog, but yeah I guess he's OP and it's not just you being outplayed.

McCree's effective range is literally 2 meters longer than your hook

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Bolow posted:

If you hook a hero at maximum range the stun wears off before they arrive in front of you, though, which can lead to some awkward results.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Bolow posted:

No, that's his optimal range. His effective range is actually beyond that. McCree is able to put a substantial amount of hurt into Roadhog up to about 28 meters, which is actually well beyond the range of Roadhog's hook and even his alt fire.

In the DPS race, at those ranges McCree will always win. Coupled with Discord he'll win even harder, and still do the same amount of damage he does at the 25-28 range way beyond that actual range, well out of range of Roadhog's hook, his alt fire, and his capacity to waddle over before he gets burned down.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

The heal sniper is a tier below absolute dog poo poo, known affectionately as the Bastion Tier

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

Manatee Cannon posted:

mmr has nothing to do with your level and never does in any game ever made

Somehow I doubt the level 6 in my quickplay game has managed to generate a similar MMR to my 100 some-odd levels. I don't doubt this because I think I generate constant MMR, or that I can't have fallen low enough to be paired with them, but because I only get paired with them when I partner with my friend.

What I'm saying is that the MMR and matchmaking for groups is poo poo.

breaks
May 12, 2001

What you're saying is that your friend's mmr is dogshit.

Unoriginal Name
Aug 1, 2006

by sebmojo

breaks posted:

What you're saying is that your friend's mmr is dogshit.

No, when he plays solo he plays kinda mediocre opponents, not you know, literal level 6s. The matchmaker just thinks that filling them into a 2 pair setup somehow constitutes a reasonable average of MMRs and teams. Which is retarded.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Away all Goats posted:

I like roadhog. hes a qt

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Ddraig posted:

No, that's his optimal range. His effective range is actually beyond that. McCree is able to put a substantial amount of hurt into Roadhog up to about 28 meters, which is actually well beyond the range of Roadhog's hook and even his alt fire.

In the DPS race, at those ranges McCree will always win. Coupled with Discord he'll win even harder, and still do the same amount of damage he does at the 25-28 range way beyond that actual range, well out of range of Roadhog's hook, his alt fire, and his capacity to waddle over before he gets burned down.

The McCree would have always won outside your hook range last patch too :shrug: poo poo Soldier76 is/was capable of doing the same exact poo poo from further away. You're attributing all this poo poo to why Roadhog is ineffective when it's 99% Zenyatta. The dude went from a barely played gimmick pick mostly played by people apathetic to healing and just wanting to shut their team up to being an almost mandatory pick at high levels of play.

strong bird posted:

The heal sniper is a tier below absolute dog poo poo, known affectionately as the Bastion Tier

Still more useful than Mercy is currently :v:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Roadhog's "tuckered out" victory pose is the best victory pose in the game for all characters.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Yea the hero that sometimes can heal someone and sometimes press the button to make crusader online is better than the hero that can always heal someone and give everyone 2 lives

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm happy that D.Va is pretty good now because I got her junker skin today and it owns.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
As a filthy slam picker of tracer Im probably supposed to hate mcrees and toblerone turrets. But with a 60 ping I find that I'm more afraid of drag-aiming roadhogs hooking me through walls across the map, junkrats spamming every single available button, and panic-aiming hanzos luckily 1 shotting me.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

strong bird posted:

Yea the hero that sometimes can heal someone and sometimes press the button to make crusader online is better than the hero that can always heal someone and give everyone 2 lives

Yes this is exactly the case

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

redweird posted:

I'm pretty confident that the only one shots in this game are a perfectly spaced Roadhog M2, an arrow to the head, and a charged Widowmaker headshot.

It's pretty weird that this far along into the game you still run into people who think that, for example, Pharah can one-shot anyone. Nope, rockets and grenades are always 120 damage on a direct hit, can't even one-shot Tracer. Been 120 since the game came out.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Bolow posted:

Yes this is exactly the case

Nah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Id rather have the white girl or black man healer than the heal sniper whos the only healer and an additional 7th player