Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
who wants bundles who waNTS BUNDLES GAMESTOP GOT THE BUNDLES BUNDLE BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles?nav=16k-3-switchlaunch,28zu0,13ffff2412

Only $638+tax shipped for the system, BoTW, Has Been Heroes, BOI:A+, 1-2-Switch, MK8 Deluxe, Redout and Just Dance 2017... and a CLEAN and PROTECT KIT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

gently caress yeah. Bonus Ms. Marvel. I'm so fuggen excited.

when did the preorder button pop up for you?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Target's confirmation email on my preorder says my card won't be charged until the item ships.

I have a $300 charge from Target.com on my card right now.

Anybody know what kind of fuckery is this? I'm on hold for their customer service department but they are slammed right now.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

MMF Freeway posted:

Are you expecting the new nintendo service to be a better value than xbox live?
Only in the sense that xbox one has nothing worth playing on it

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Did Amazon US already sell through pre-orders or is it still not available, like last night

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

greatn posted:

It's weird how in Mario Odyssey he gets stranded on an island and fucks Rosalina for fifteen years before suddenly deciding he should probably go rescue Peach from her suitors.

I mean, can you blame him

Yoshi is a patient boy tho

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
Can I express my gratitude in the Xbox One being completely void of exclusives? I have a PS4 and modern gaming pc so buying the Switch means I'm completely covered.

Especially since I can just plug the base in on my bed stand and don't have to have it take up an HDMI port on my TV

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I got a pre-order through BB last night but went to Gamestop this morning at 10 to put $50 down just in case. Went at 10, line was through the door. Still got one but didn't expect to there to actually be a line after that trainwreck of a conference.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cojawfee posted:

They might get more later but they ran out already.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS6MO77

Zelda Currently up on Amazon

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Quest For Glory II posted:

It's the smart phone app *makes a stupid voice* genius

it's directly referenced on the page and I already said last night how I dont understand why people wouldnt just use Discord instead

Holy poo poo, sorry goon. I was under the assumption that the service at least lived on the flipping console. So this entire matchmaking service/voice chat/chat lives on a smart device and not the console?

What in the ever living hell. It just gets worse and worse.

Shadow225
Jan 2, 2007

What have I missed from Treehouse? I had to move this morning

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I have my Best Buy preorder and nothing else. Should I be afraid of it being canceled? Preordered almost immediately for a less busy store pick up. Says pick up date of 3/3

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Louisgod posted:

I got a pre-order through BB last night but went to Gamestop this morning at 10 to put $50 down just in case. Went at 10, line was through the door. Still got one but didn't expect to there to actually be a line after that trainwreck of a conference.

They are all there to scalp the thing I am sure. That didn't work too hot with the Wii U though.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Successfully ordered my Switch and my Zelda from Amazon :cool:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Beastie posted:

Target's confirmation email on my preorder says my card won't be charged until the item ships.

Anybody know what kind of fuckery is this? I'm on hold for their customer service department but they are slammed right now.

Preauthorization for the full amount that will drop off within a day or two, then you get actually charged on shipment.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Zoran posted:

:yeah:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Zoran posted:

:same:

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Kashuno posted:

Preauthorization for the full amount that will drop off within a day or two, then you get actually charged on shipment.

Okay I had a hunch. Never ordered anything off them, much a less a preorder. I'll keep an eye on it.

Come on, March!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Wait, what, 1,2 Switch is a full priced game? (59$)

The trailer did a horrible job making it look like more then a pack-in gimmick.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Utnayan posted:

They are all there to scalp the thing I am sure. That didn't work too hot with the Wii U though.

yes yes, I'm sure the crowd of 20 somethings wearing Nintendo gear that also asked to pre-order Zelda and a bunch of accessories are there to flip that poo poo.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

So let's say I want to buy an extra set of Joycons, a Joycon grip, and a dock when the system comes out, that's 200 dollars, is there any goddamn reason not to just buy a second bundle to also enable head to head off dock multi??

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Utnayan posted:

Holy poo poo, sorry goon. I was under the assumption that the service at least lived on the flipping console. So this entire matchmaking service/voice chat/chat lives on a smart device and not the console?

It's something they need to go into more detail about. we're only two months out so I feel like now's the time to really talk about the OS and stuff. but knowing Nintendo they really might just leave it up to the journalists to inform people which, as we've seen in the past, is never a great idea

I'm sure the individual online games have their own lobbys and matchmaking but the companion app will be universal and let you organize and hop in whenever. but I don't really want to assume too much about the app either. I still would probably just use Discord

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CubsWoo posted:

who wants bundles who waNTS BUNDLES GAMESTOP GOT THE BUNDLES BUNDLE BUNDLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/consoles?nav=16k-3-switchlaunch,28zu0,13ffff2412

Only $638+tax shipped for the system, BoTW, Has Been Heroes, BOI:A+, 1-2-Switch, MK8 Deluxe, Redout and Just Dance 2017... and a CLEAN and PROTECT KIT

or just walk into a physical store and get a preorder. Online scalper bots can't make in store orders.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Louisgod posted:

yes yes, I'm sure the crowd of 20 somethings wearing Nintendo gear that also asked to pre-order Zelda and a bunch of accessories are there to flip that poo poo.

Actually, bundle all that together and sell it on Ebay? drat right. Kind of like what happened to the PSVR.

Obviously not all of them but I would bet 20-30% of them.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Beastie posted:

Every thing that charges a credit card ever does a pre authorization to make sure you actually have money.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Oxyclean posted:

Wait, what, 1,2 Switch is a full priced game? (59$)

The trailer did a horrible job making it look like more then a pack-in gimmick.

It's $50 which is still $20-30 too much if this is their version of Wii Play/Sports

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

deadwing posted:

So let's say I want to buy an extra set of Joycons, a Joycon grip, and a dock when the system comes out, that's 200 dollars, is there any goddamn reason not to just buy a second bundle to also enable head to head off dock multi??

Depends on whether eShop stuff gets tied to your system again

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

deadwing posted:

No, why u mad?

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
1-2-Switch going to be shown on Treehouse now

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Beastie posted:

Okay I had a hunch. Never ordered anything off them, much a less a preorder. I'll keep an eye on it.

Come on, March!

Yeah they are just checking the card basically so you are fine. When I worked for an online game retailer this was the most request customer service question we got. Most people just wanted to make sure there wasn't a mistake but some literally accused us of stealing from them and that they were going to call the police which was always hilarious.

Second most frequent was angry parents that were mad because we sent them videogames they didn't order and we had to carefully explain that their kid probably got a hold of their credit card.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Utnayan posted:

Actually, bundle all that together and sell it on Ebay? drat right. Kind of like what happened to the PSVR.

Obviously not all of them but I would bet 20-30% of them.

Wouldn't be surprised if 20% turn into an attempted flip, sure.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

1 2 Switch actually looks pretty cool and fun but no way I'm paying $50 for it.:lol:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
No seriously why are there no pro controller pre-orders anywhere?

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
OH poo poo HE A BLOOD

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Louisgod posted:

I, a person on the internet, do not want thing. Therefore anyone getting thing is doing so for reasons other than wanting thing

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
How is this $50. I can't even. Nintendo why

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

how the gently caress does this cost $50 lmao

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Utnayan posted:

Or at the very least it sounds like social features are relgated to smart device? The checklist thing on the webpage makes it look like online play should function without.

But like, they can't possibly have no on Switch friends list, right? I know a lot of people have smart phones these days, but expecting people to have to pair one to the console just to go online / use a friends list seems insane. Pairing with a smart device must just be so you can play online from anywhere.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I wasn't paying attention but one of my friends is saying the Treehouse guy said that 1 2 Switch comes with the system?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Ometeotl posted:

I wasn't paying attention but one of my friends is saying the Treehouse guy said that 1 2 Switch comes with the system?
I heard that too but I think he was saying that about the Joycons.

• Locked thread