Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender

Impermanent posted:

maoism, leftism, trotskyism, i'm tired of all these deng isms

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 26 days!)

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

“Not Trotskyist, eh?” said the small voice. “Are you sure? You could be a neocon, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Trotsky will help you on the way to Fox News punditry, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you’re sure — better be MARCYITE!”

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i found plutonis' twitter account

https://twitter.com/YashaPRC/status/998209981399756801

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

has to be false, otherwise I would have heard something about that goddamn Pol Pot subreddit by now

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell yes. Another round of my favorite thing in CSPAM, where someone tries to burn homework over being a china lover but nobody including homework seems to share a perspective on china or anything related to it so its mostly a bunch of awkward talking past each other

Just like my DSA meetings

THS
Sep 15, 2017

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmfao hell yeah

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/haymarketbooks/status/1071028780091797504

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

should have worn my chomsky shirt today... big mistake

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

R. Guyovich posted:

better be MARCYITE!

thread title imo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

R. Guyovich posted:

“Not Trotskyist, eh?” said the small voice. “Are you sure? You could be a neocon, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Trotsky will help you on the way to Fox News punditry, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you’re sure — better be MARCYITE!”

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Karl Barks posted:

should have worn my chomsky shirt today... big mistake

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich posted:

based and marcypilled

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Volcelshevik/status/1071131447908556800

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/Speediest_Sloth/status/1070965989376962560

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

post the @ lmao

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

i copy pasted from goodreads

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/skeletonpup/status/1070926328885579776?s=19

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/ExistentialEnso/status/1070811275565953024?s=19

:yikes:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

basically what happened in real life.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I watched it yesterday. some amazon middle manager worker gets near-lethally stuffed into a box by the warehouse's machinery, organizes a strike, and begins speaking to the press about the contradictions of capital & the alienation of selling your labor power for means of subsistence.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruzihm posted:

I watched it yesterday. some amazon middle manager worker gets near-lethally stuffed into a box by the warehouse's machinery, organizes a strike, and begins speaking to the press about the contradictions of capital & the alienation of selling your labor power for means of subsistence.

They've been getting belatedly woke about a lot of stuff this season, from what I've heard.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
some incredibly online Tankie made a map of the red brown alliance and I'm dying

https://twitter.com/bionicletime/status/1068261426136006656?s=19

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ruzihm posted:

wait really lmao

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

trey and matt turning into commies was a twist i wasnt really expecting

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wait really lmao

yes, really

the box only appears in like 4 scenes but he's basically quoting marx each time, randy calls him a "marxist" and the reporter interviewing him just asks him about life as a box.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like more than anything they just hate having their politics clocked and will contrarian it up once people think they have them figured out

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

i mean, the counter factual would be that they love amazon and that seems even more unlikely

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Who's writing for South Park rn? It's not all Trey and Matt.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
There's a mass strike going on and they're about to go bust up scabs as the cliffhanger

Real unexpected face turn

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I just gave the episode a watch and it's not contrarian about the strike at all. Everybody else in the town is opposed to the strike as consumers, but while Jeff Bezos is organizing his strike breaking he doesn't make a distinction between worker and consumer, and refers to the strikers as worker/consumers. The episode ends on a cliffhanger where the boys are going to break the strike by bringing in unemployed mall workers as scabs, so there's even a hint at the reserve pool of labor.

The other shoe could always drop in the next episode and actually the truth is somewhere in the middle, but this was an explicitly Marxist episode? Of South Park?

alsothere
Oct 14, 2014
Taco Defender
i haven't seen it but there's also an episode that's basically an admission that al gore was right and manbearpig is real and a massive threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The other shoe could always drop in the next episode and actually the truth is somewhere in the middle, but this was an explicitly Marxist episode? Of South Park?

This is the most likely outcome