Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
How are we supposed to get HA starters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Wait for events.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, why do I keep getting foreign pokemon in wondertrade? It's nice and all, but kinda weird. Like I have an entire box of japanese/italian pokemon.

Because lots of people from different countries play this game? :3:

It's great for masuda method breeding for shinies. My only regret is that if any non-latin-language user gives their pokemon a cool nickname I will never know about it. :(

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Senerio posted:

Took every one of my beast balls to do this:

i can't believe I never thought of bayley as a bewear name

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Isn't it better to just get one pokemon with a beast ball and breed it down using a breed chain?

Ball can only pass down maternally in different-species pairs, except with Ditto.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Ruggington posted:

i can't believe I never thought of bayley as a bewear name

To be fair, I went over to the name rater afterwards because I realized that I should've named her It's Bayley.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Carlosologist posted:

quick breeding question, but Hidden Abilities pass on if the dad is a HA Ditto right?
Nope.

Senerio posted:

nah, Dex Completion and a lack of a more interesting ball to catch it in.
Well, nicely done anyway. If you start breeding those I'll hopefully have something beastly in return shortly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm currently farming dex completion more than Beast Ball pokes, but a big one I'd want would be a Beastly Abra if you can manage that. Ideally Adamant/Modest with Synchro (to cover my major Synchro gaps), but I'm not that picky.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I don't believe the Ditto has any influence on the ability chosen - parent of the species has to have the hidden ability, but I could be wrong.
Dunno about the hidden ability, but if you breed a Mareanie with a ditto, there's an increased chance the eggs will have Limber instead of Merciless.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I genuinely don't know why people want Castforms so badly! Is there that large of a population that wants a living dex?

Me neither, it is magic. I guess you may as well trade anything for a Castform, since you can then breed it and get everything, but I'm not sure where it started in the first place.

The hour I spent failing to catch my own gives me an idea though

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Blaziken386 posted:

Dunno about the hidden ability, but if you breed a Mareanie with a ditto, there's an increased chance the eggs will have Limber instead of Merciless.
Really? I haven't noticed but I also snap release everything that isn't Regenerator.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

And that's the E4 down.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Senerio posted:

I'm currently farming dex completion more than Beast Ball pokes, but a big one I'd want would be a Beastly Abra if you can manage that. Ideally Adamant/Modest with Synchro (to cover my major Synchro gaps), but I'm not that picky.

Just caught an Adamant Synchronize Abra, let me breed a few and then I'm ready to trade.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

And that's the E4 down.

I approve of these nicknames

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Does nature/gender matter when forcing Mimikyu into a Beast Ball? I can breed any nature/gender and maintain the Best Ball as long as I have a Ditto right?

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Ometeotl posted:

And that's the E4 down.

How do we add our nicknames to the Pokemon Team Planner?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Does nature/gender matter when forcing Mimikyu into a Beast Ball? I can breed any nature/gender and maintain the Best Ball as long as I have a Ditto right?
Correct. Ditto parent means the other parent passes their ball down 100% of the time, and worst case you can just pop out babies with no support until you get the right nature and then Everstone.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Yes! Thanks in advance for your services!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I've got enough Eevee for the whole family tree and don't really plan on using them, but in case I do what level should I get them to before evolving them?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Really? I haven't noticed but I also snap release everything that isn't Regenerator.

Nah, if the Pokemon is male, The ability is chosen randomly if they don't have the HA. If they do, they have a 20% chance of passing the HA down compared to a female Pokemon's 80% chance of doing that.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

Yes, yes! The one true Pokemon meant to be in a Beast Ball :unsmigghh:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks. I'm not there yet, but I think I'm getting close. Probably in the next day or two.

I'm going to capture an Eevee with a BB first since it's easier to find and I can reset until I grab it with one ball. The other four will then go to Mimikyu. If I grab him in less I'll figure out a third mon to grab.

I'm so excited about this endgame.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

greatn posted:

I've got enough Eevee for the whole family tree and don't really plan on using them, but in case I do what level should I get them to before evolving them?

Any basically, they learn stuff properly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

tyblazitar posted:

Just caught an Adamant Synchronize Abra, let me breed a few and then I'm ready to trade.

Thanks in advance for this. Let me know when you've got it.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

tyblazitar posted:

I would like an Adamant Synch Abra if you would be so kind :allears:

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

tyblazitar posted:

I'd love one too! I'll be on at 6 EST if you can make that? FC: 2723-9256-0832

Also, Note Block will 6 work for you tonight for that Modest Ditto?

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Got 3 Beastly Adamant Synchronize Abras to spare (and 2 with Inner Focus), going online now. If you have a Modest or Impish Synchronize Abra I'm missing those.

EDIT: 6 EST is midnight for me and I have to get up early, but maybe! If not, I'm sure we can figure something out later.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Also, what should I use my Master Ball on? I was thinking the electric guardian one since he seems cool as poo poo.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Note Block posted:

How do we add our nicknames to the Pokemon Team Planner?

You open Paint.NET and do some image editing.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

Fun Shoe

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'd love one too! I'll be on at 6 EST if you can make that? FC: 2723-9256-0832

Also, Note Block will 6 work for you tonight for that Modest Ditto?

Yup!

Ometeotl posted:

You open Paint.NET and do some image editing.

Well then

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Can Smeargle pass down moves they learned via sketch to another Smeargle?

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Tired Moritz posted:

Mmm, why do I keep getting foreign pokemon in wondertrade? It's nice and all, but kinda weird. Like I have an entire box of japanese/italian pokemon.

If you play at particular times of day then the people in those countries will be more active on wonder trade.

I will take any Italian pokemon you don't want (I don't have anything good though)

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Hammerite posted:

If you play at particular times of day then the people in those countries will be more active on wonder trade.

I will take any Italian pokemon you don't want (I don't have anything good though)

edit:

quote:

Can Smeargle pass down moves they learned via sketch to another Smeargle?

No

edit edit: I'm stupid

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

How would I get a Smergle with

False Swpies
Soak
Thunderwave
SLEEP MOVE

I want one for capturing things. Specfically the Mimikyu in a Beast Ball

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Arrgytehpirate posted:

False Swpies
Soak
Thunderwave
SLEEP MOVE

Why have both Thunder Wave and Spore?

Anyway, you just sketch the move, level up to get another sketch, and repeat.

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Also, what should I use my Master Ball on? I was thinking the electric guardian one since he seems cool as poo poo.

People usually sit on them in case of a shiny Abra or a shiny suicidal pokemon so you can get them before they flee/explode.

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

Arrgytehpirate posted:

False Swpies
Soak
Thunderwave
SLEEP MOVE

Simplest way would be to get a Pokémon knowing any of these moves (Falsw Swipe and Thunder Wave are TMs, so that's simple), delete all the rest with the move deleter (Hau'oli Pokémon center), and park it in front of a Ditto to clone. Be sure your Smeargle has a Chesto/Lum berry for Spore.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Arrgytehpirate posted:

False Swpies
Soak
Thunderwave
SLEEP MOVE

usually you sketch spore

you can either carry a chesto berry and sketch when you get spored in a singles battle

or sketch a doubles partner who is using spore

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

tbp posted:

Long informative post

Thanks for writing these up! I love watching competitive, but unfortunately, I'm not good at pokemon, but am bad instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Are there even any doubles battles to trigger after you've cleared the game? Or I guess you'd sketch during battle tree?