Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

BearPlayingGuitar posted:

The new relic banner just went up. As a new player would it be okay to throw my first 11 pull into this and then save mythril until whatever crazy banners are coming up?

So far doing realm dungeon got myself up to 42 stamina, I'm thinking of getting up to 50 before doing renewal dungeons. Threw some growth eggs onto tyro to get him to 50. Haven't crafted any abilites yet but I've mostly been auto battling.

That's my newbie trip report so far!

Yeah, go for it. There are a lot of nice boosts and hastegas on this banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Zurai posted:

Unfortunately Quick Cast has diminishing practical returns and the relevant ninja abilities basically have inherent quick cast (they have 0.825 second cast time, which is exactly half of the standard of the standard offensive ability 1.65 second cast time). To put it another way, Kelger getting his Quick Cast saves him about 1.24 seconds over the course of 3 turns (and you can re-proc while you still have turns remaining, so it doesn't always provide that full 1.24 seconds of time), while Yuffie/Edge/Shadow get the better part of an entire free turn (missing only their chase, if you have their USB) every time their Double Cast procs.

Quick Cast 3 is actually pretty good on characters like mages who have 1.8 second cast times on most of their abilities, because that saves way more time -- 2.7 seconds in that example -- even if it's still less than a Double Cast proc.

Ah, that makes sense. I was hoping to get a third chance at an elite ninja, but I'll probably end up just diving Shadow eventually. His BSB and dive set seems potent enough.

The new relic banner just went up. As a new player would it be okay to throw my first 11 pull into this and then save mythril until whatever crazy banners are coming up?

So far doing realm dungeon got myself up to 42 stamina, I'm thinking of getting up to 50 before doing renewal dungeons. Threw some growth eggs onto tyro to get him to 50. Haven't crafted any abilites yet but I've mostly been auto battling.

That's my newbie trip report so far!

So the thing about the 14 banner is that it does have some good relics, not the least of which being Wall, which is basically the best thing a newbie could ever pull. That being said the pool is like 50 or whatever, so the likelihood of you getting wall is very slim.

What staples do you have at the moment? It may still be best to wait.

(e: staples: hastega/wall/boostga/potent medicas/last stand)

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

So the thing about the 14 banner is that it does have some good relics, not the least of which being Wall, which is basically the best thing a newbie could ever pull. That being said the pool is like 50 or whatever, so the likelihood of you getting wall is very slim.

Stoneskin II is a Unique, the banner is curated to just SSB+. The likelihood of you getting it is 0%.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
The hell? I thought it was her SSB! why would you make such an essential skill a unique and then never include it again :(

...surely they know that everyone is essentially forced to use wall???

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011

ceaselessfuture posted:

Ah, that makes sense. I was hoping to get a third chance at an elite ninja, but I'll probably end up just diving Shadow eventually. His BSB and dive set seems potent enough.

What staples do you have at the moment? It may still be best to wait.

(e: staples: hastega/wall/boostga/potent medicas/last stand)

I have yet to do any relic pulls so technically no staples.

How about the new banner with all the instruments? If not I can always keep waiting until some better stuff!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

ceaselessfuture posted:

The hell? I thought it was her SSB! why would you make such an essential skill a unique and then never include it again :(

...surely they know that everyone is essentially forced to use wall???

The two Wall SBs were made before SSBs even existed.

That said, they do know that it's borderline essential and that people will whale like nuts for it, which is why Tyro gets a USB in the next anniversary celebration that is Wall + Proshellhastega. Now not only can they reissue Wall in a capacity that will show up on curated banners, but power creep inches a little further.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

KataraniSword posted:

The two Wall SBs were made before SSBs even existed.

That said, they do know that it's borderline essential and that people will whale like nuts for it, which is why Tyro gets a USB in the next anniversary celebration that is Wall + Proshellhastega. Now not only can they reissue Wall in a capacity that will show up on curated banners, but power creep inches a little further.

To add to this JP has a Gem-Only pull a few months back that could be pulled max twice. After the pulls you got a selection of one of a large number of LMR, a bunch of (entirely pointless SSBs) and both Walls. So if that pops up in Global anyone who wants it has a guaranteed Wall as long as you're willing to pay the Whale Price. :getin:

Here's the reddit thread with the specifics for how it was in JP:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/6sr5ee/dream_selection_jp_relic_draw_thread/

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
Pulled on BRA * BRA because I like buffs. Went 1/11.

This is no ordinary 1/11, though.

It's not even one I'm likely to ever use!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What the hell does bra bra mean

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Jose Valasquez posted:

Brass de Bravo, it's a series of musical releases of FF music.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Jose Valasquez posted:

Short for Brass de Bravo.

e:f,b.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
Did my first 11 pull on the Bra*Bra banner and got Mog's USB (Mog's Timpani) which seems pretty neat! Also got his SSB as well (Gaia Bell).

That should tide me over to hoard the rest of my Mythril for now.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

I got 2x Edward USB and 1x Edward SSB. Not bad at all, though I just combined the dupe as I have more than enough 6* weapons and FF4 harps available.

Also it's refreshing to not have 3+ events in my queue for one night. I still have half of The Lord of Crags to deal with, but between that and BRA*BRA I can easily knock things out by noon tomorrow.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
haha what the gently caress

Just pulled MOG, Minwu and Y'Sholta USBs from 3 dollar draws in a row.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Dollar pull on Bra Bra got me nothing.

Dollar pull on FF14 got me Papalymo LMR. That's pretty cool. I was going to eventually legend dive him anyway.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Chair In A Basket posted:

haha what the gently caress

Just pulled MOG, Minwu and Y'Sholta USBs from 3 dollar draws in a row.

I've gone 0/14 on the renewal draws, 0/2 on FFII, and 0/1 on Bra*Bra dollar draws since pulling Lightning USB in the fest phase 5.

Starting to get that sense of despair that I'll never get dollar-draw screenshake again :(

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp
Pulled to get Mog's USB, instead I got Edward's BSB, Cait Sith's SSB, and both of Kefka's BSB's. Once I can legend dive Kefka I think he works similar to a magic version of Squall's BSB2, so that'll be nice although I don't think I can legend dive Kefka for like 4 more months.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Did my first 11 pull on the Bra*Bra banner and got Mog's USB (Mog's Timpani) which seems pretty neat! Also got his SSB as well (Gaia Bell).

That should tide me over to hoard the rest of my Mythril for now.

You did good! Mog's USB will be a good fixer for your team for a while and remain relevant after getting stronger boosts. His SSB is much less useful, but still a DD/Debuff attack you can throw around every now and then. Pull on the upcoming FFXV or TYPE-0 banners for medicas and it'll keep you going for a while :)

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I just want all of you to know that I was in the checkout line at the local grocery store when I pulled on BRA*BRA and had to try very, very hard to not look like a lunatic.

OK, maybe not that hard, but this pull will be quite instrumental in cutting my magicite times down:

Varance fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Oct 26, 2017

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.
god drat

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i got mogs timpani and dancing mad which is fine. mogs seems like it goes in any party which is nice. dancing mads debuff seems pretty good too

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

ceaselessfuture posted:

Yuffie has doublecast Ninja for her LM2 and her USB2 makes her pretty much the best Ninja.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

rabidsquid posted:

i got mogs timpani and dancing mad which is fine. mogs seems like it goes in any party which is nice. dancing mads debuff seems pretty good too

Dancing mad is also one of what, two enpoison soul breaks? It's a novelty if nothing else, and poison is rarely resisted (if also rarely a weakness)

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Mithross posted:

Dancing mad is also one of what, two enpoison soul breaks? It's a novelty if nothing else, and poison is rarely resisted (if also rarely a weakness)

the funny thing about that is i have mostly finished up ff8 renewal dungeon by now which is absolutely chock full of bosses weak to poison

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Mithross posted:

Three - Kefka, Quistis and Edgar.

Coincidentally, none of them have received a new SB in Japan for a very long time - this is Kefka's last, and Quistis/Edgar haven't gotten a new SB, let alone a LMR, for over a year.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Edgar's is Imperil Poison actually, and the only one at that.

Also I looked at this earlier and Quistis doesn't even have a Legend Dive at all yet. It's really sad.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also I looked at this earlier and Quistis doesn't even have a Legend Dive at all yet. It's really sad.

She hasn't had a new relic since her OSB (which was a while ago). She's also one of three FFVIII characters that doesn't have one (the other two being the recent additions Kiros and Ward).

I mean she has a 6* relic, which counts for something. But I think they're not sure which way they want her to go, since her SSBs are support-based and her BSB/OSB are DPS-based. Best they could do is to give her something like Dancer and make her into a hybrid DPS-debuffer.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ApplesandOranges posted:

Leila.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Edgar's BSB is attach.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I just noticed Y'shtola's Circlet resist sleep, if I pair with an accessory that also resist sleep do they stack?

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I'd pull on this because Edward and Mog USB look bonkers but the threat of pulling a dupe Cait Sith or Eiko BSB just gives me way too much pause here.
That and there's a really loud windy noise where my mythril pile was because I blew a shitload on the anniversary stuff.

On the flip I drew that hamster from 14's fire BSB on a dollar pull so that is pretty dope, I think

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Electric Phantasm posted:

I just noticed Y'shtola's Circlet resist sleep, if I pair with an accessory that also resist sleep do they stack?

No, highest effect counts.

I'm a bit conflicted on whether to draw on the Melodies banner or not. I'd love Mog's USB in particular, but I'd also really like his BSB. The consolation prizes on this banner (Edward USB, Cait Sith BSB, OK BSB) aren't bad, but I'm not really interested in Kefka's stuff or some of the SSBs. His USB will definitely return on the next banner, possibly his LMR, and maybe his BSB, but I don't know how good or bad the banner's going to be.

The upside is that there are only so many other bards/singers they could stick on there outside of weird cases like Onion - there's Deuce, Penelo, Sarah and Echo I think, not counting Divable options like Faris or Iris. Garnet might get a chance in too if she gets her buff to Bard 5 before then.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

I pulled and got a dupe Eiko BSB and Mog and Cait Sith SSBs. I'm salty as heck! What a dud of a pull! I'm not pulling again, nothing on that banner will be a real game changer for me. I already have OK'S BSB.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
I was planning to save all my mythril for the FFTA banner but I figured I'd go for a roll on this one since I didn't have any dupes on it. Got Kefka's BSB1 and Edward's BSB. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of this lamia's harp, but I'm pretty happy with Dancing Mad, I've been wanting more poison damage coverage in my SBs and I wanted an excuse to use Kefka anyway

Also, I got Thancred's BSB on the daily draw from the FFXIV banner, what in the hell is this? physical ninja gear? thancred why is your skillset so weird and bad?????

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Did a pull, got both Edwards Ult and BSB. Looks like he is useful now!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I yanked once and got Edward USB, Kefka BSB2, Cait BSB, and Mog SSB, which rather nicely makes up for throwing 150 mythril into FFXV for nothing but garbage SSBs. Edward immediately got egged 1-99 and slotted nicely into my Sealion team. I doubt I'll ever make use of Kefka(my dark mage team is fine with Raines/Kuja), but I can see some uses for Cait BSB.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Zurai posted:

Leila.

Edgar's BSB is attach.

...Wait really? I coulda sworn... :psyduck:

Oh it's his SSB which is also a chainsaw that's the Imperil. Woops.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Mirthless posted:

I was planning to save all my mythril for the FFTA banner but I figured I'd go for a roll on this one since I didn't have any dupes on it. Got Kefka's BSB1 and Edward's BSB. I'm not sure how much use I'll get out of this lamia's harp, but I'm pretty happy with Dancing Mad, I've been wanting more poison damage coverage in my SBs and I wanted an excuse to use Kefka anyway

Also, I got Thancred's BSB on the daily draw from the FFXIV banner, what in the hell is this? physical ninja gear? thancred why is your skillset so weird and bad?????
I have 3 holy imperils and Ed's BSB is the one I use most often. Partywide +50% attack, aoe imperil and stackable breakdown commands. Sap is usually a non-issue but it doesn't interact well with Last Stand.

Also physical ninjas are powerful now and are getting busted later. Unfortunately Thancred BSBs are fire and poison so he's still not particularly good at using the physical ninja skills :v:

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I did a BRA pull and am slightly salty. Got Kefka BSB2 and Mog's ssb. Was excited to see the Earth boost for Mog's relic, until I realized it was a weapon that like no one can use. Kefka's BSB2 I was excited about at first, until I saw that the Sandslice review on Reddit was wrong and it's no where near as strong as I was led to believe. Well drat.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

ApplesandOranges posted:

Coincidentally, none of them have received a new SB in Japan for a very long time - this is Kefka's last, and Quistis/Edgar haven't gotten a new SB, let alone a LMR, for over a year.

i'll also note that there's no poison-weak magicite

not that i have quistis burst+osb and nothing to use them on or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
I just remembered I have Quistis OSB. I never use Quistis.

The music banner is good if I need MAG boosts right? I might pull on it if so, I don't have too many of those.

Edit: In fact, I think the only ones I have are just other 30-30 mag/atk which i'm never going to use because I have VoF.

Vonnie fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 26, 2017

• Locked thread