Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

He come to town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

I'd go for Zelda but to each their own.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Got some new bags for a party tomorrow

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

fyallm posted:

Got some new bags for a party tomorrow

Hate to break it to you, but those look like pillows.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Etrips posted:

Hate to break it to you, but those look like pillows.

Hate to break it to you but each one was weighed in at 15oz before sewn shut. And each square was 6-1/4” ....

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Hate to break it to both of you but pillows are basically bags.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Is this a weed thing?

I'm so square I can't even tell these days.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
I think it's a cornhole thing... There's actually cornhole leagues starting in my city, I don't get it. Has it always been a popular game for tailgating?

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

So, buttsex accessories?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

foutre posted:

I think it's a cornhole thing... There's actually cornhole leagues starting in my city, I don't get it. Has it always been a popular game for tailgating?

It's super popular in the Midwest.. been playing it since junior high.. I usually refrain from saying what it is first due to most people having a sexual connotation with it.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

evobatman posted:

I don't really care about the music as much as I care about the equipment I go through

...We just gonna let this go by? Dude's an audio equipment geek but doesn't care about what he listens to?

Now that I'm thinking about it, that's pretty par for the course for audiophiles in my experience. They all listen to like, Steely Dan and poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What the hell is wrong with Steely Dan my dude

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
Nothing, dad.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Not the best. Like with most of these limited edition Lays flavors, the supposed taste really didn't come through. There was a slight hint of bagels on the initial bite, but after the second one, all it tasted like was generic salty/savory potato chips.

Supradog
Sep 1, 2004

A POOOST!?!??! YEEAAAAHHHH

Pizza with banana, pineapple, peanuts, chicken and curry spices.

Pretty tasty, a little sweet, but a good combination.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

neongrey posted:

Nothing, dad.

Call me Deacon Blues.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Supradog posted:

Pizza with banana, pineapple, peanuts, chicken and curry spices.

Pretty tasty, a little sweet, but a good combination.

There need to be rules.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

poop dood posted:

...We just gonna let this go by? Dude's an audio equipment geek but doesn't care about what he listens to?

Yep.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Weighing in to say I fuckin hate Steely Dan. It's pretentious, noodling fart rock.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Kilometers Davis posted:

What the hell is wrong with Steely Dan my dude

Steely Dan gargles my balls.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PCOS Bill posted:

There need to be rules.

This is just the wrong thread for it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3792275

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Well... can you elaborate on what gives you satisfaction if that's the case? I tried to think of equivalents in other hobbies and couldn't come up with anything that made sense to me.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Some people care more about having the most badass computer with watercooling and leds and whatever the gently caress, than they care about the programs that run on it. Some people care more about having the coolest, fastest, meanest sounding car than they care about what roads they drive on.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ziv Zulander posted:

Not the best. Like with most of these limited edition Lays flavors, the supposed taste really didn't come through. There was a slight hint of bagels on the initial bite, but after the second one, all it tasted like was generic salty/savory potato chips.

These just tasted like onion to me. The chicken and waffles just tasted like syrup.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Weighing in to say I fuckin hate Steely Dan. It's pretentious, noodling fart rock.

Noodling fart rock is great, however Steely Dan is probably the worst example of the genre.

Live audio engineers loving love Steely Dan, it's like the stereotypical sound-check music. It's a pretty common thing to joke about but I swear to God about half the time you're forced to listen to it for an hour or two when you're setting up a show.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

bongwizzard posted:

Noodling fart rock is great, however Steely Dan is probably the worst example of the genre.

Live audio engineers loving love Steely Dan, it's like the stereotypical sound-check music. It's a pretty common thing to joke about but I swear to God about half the time you're forced to listen to it for an hour or two when you're setting up a show.

That's because apparently Donald Fagen was a turbo-dick about sound during recording so he always rode everyone's asses about nailing the take and then making sure the mix was "perfect" according to his standards.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

taqueso posted:

Some people care more about having the most badass computer with watercooling and leds and whatever the gently caress, than they care about the programs that run on it. Some people care more about having the coolest, fastest, meanest sounding car than they care about what roads they drive on.

I don't disagree with you, that's also baffling.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

That's because apparently Donald Fagen was a turbo-dick about sound during recording so he always rode everyone's asses about nailing the take and then making sure the mix was "perfect" according to his standards.

Mostly when called out on it guys claim that their music covers the entire range of audible frequencies, but we all know that it's really because their parents didn't love them enough and now they have to be an audio weenus for the rest of their lives.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Sometimes the studio musicians would get past that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waIBA6_0GQc&t=96s

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Pair of Sennheiser 565s. Mid 90s top of the line Senny headphones. Notorious as being pretty much the most comfortable headphones ever made. Sound quality is amazing, easily up there with modern day $300+ cans, and built like a rock. Personally I love the look as well. Not my photo, mine are a slightly darker colour. Got it for ~$50 on ebay, been looking for a pair intermittently for a year or two.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I play some Steely Dan songs in a cover band I'm in with my dad

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

Jeza posted:

Pair of Sennheiser 565s. Mid 90s top of the line Senny headphones. Notorious as being pretty much the most comfortable headphones ever made. Sound quality is amazing, easily up there with modern day $300+ cans, and built like a rock. Personally I love the look as well. Not my photo, mine are a slightly darker colour. Got it for ~$50 on ebay, been looking for a pair intermittently for a year or two.

I've been using a pair of 555s for well over a decade at this point and they're incredible; they still sound amazing and are in great shape. I forget I'm wearing headphones almost immediately after putting them on.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Also on Sennheiser chat: I picked up the HD 569 a few weeks ago because my other closed back cans poo poo the bed after falling off my lap.

They're insanely comfortable. Whatever magic memory foam is in them just melts away. Great for critical listening, I need to check how they are for gaming, but I haven't been in a Zelda mood lately to find out.

The mic on them is also serviceable for phone calls, I'm excited to see how they handle for PSN party chat for when I play Destiny 2 once I get home from China.

Sennheiser make good stuff.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Scored a Denon S-81DAB compact stereo at a flea market for $10. Ordered the remote from eBay for another $10.

We don't have DAB broadcasts, but as a CD player/amplifier, it sounds really good. It's a serious compact hifi system, that was somewhere around $1000 new.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

evobatman posted:

Scored a Denon S-81DAB compact stereo at a flea market for $10. Ordered the remote from eBay for another $10.

That's a pretty good buy.

e: I recently purchased two chocolate bars and misplaced them but now I found them while tidying up my desk at work :yum:

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 22:29 on Aug 20, 2017

violentlycitrus
Aug 3, 2004

got some wallets from philkop, i highly recommend you all go buy some wallets

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

violentlycitrus posted:

Those look like something my kid would make in summer camp

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Bought a box of these:

Insects are the future of food (apparently).

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Got a new shopvac cause ours was like 15 years old and gross..

Got a grabber to pickup the trash people throw outside their vehicles and into our yard, next is going to be a camera to capture them and their license plates.

New lights for our Uro's

Fast charger for our cars x2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

violentlycitrus posted:

I'd rather be able to take my wallet out in public, but thanks.

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Those look like something my kid would make in summer camp

Pretty much this.