Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Darn, I was hoping to use these nice acrylic ion tokens I have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

siggy2021 posted:

I'm not sure what a reasonable time would be. It looks like you are about 13.5 hours ahead of me if I'm looking at this right.

I could possibly get up early Sunday to play in your evening.

Yeah sure, that should work for me - so that'll be my Sunday evening, right? Unfortunately I'm getting up at 5:30am the following day, but assuming we don't start too late, it should be OK I think

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Would a pilot ability that increases/decreases the range of a turret, maybe in exchange for lowering the amount of dice be to much? Or hell maybe even too little.

TLT at Range 1 but only two dice per shot or ICT at Range 3. Probably some room to play around with it.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Would a pilot ability that increases/decreases the range of a turret, maybe in exchange for lowering the amount of dice be to much? Or hell maybe even too little.

TLT at Range 1 but only two dice per shot or ICT at Range 3. Probably some room to play around with it.

Autoblaster turret at range two with accuracy corrector :getin: (Other than that - if the ship happens to have a systems slot - it does sound like an interesting ability)

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

bunnyofdoom posted:

Darn, I was hoping to use these nice acrylic ion tokens I have.

One word (okay maybe two words), my friend: Conner Nets.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Endman posted:

One word (okay maybe two words), my friend: Conner Nets.

Don't forget Conner's best friend Sabine.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Blount with Ion Pulse Missiles.

So, there's a tournament this weekend in Lawrence that's 150 points with no faction restrictions; astromechs and salvaged astromechs may be interchanged freely; and you must have ships from at least two factions present.

So I'm thinking I want to take away all of the defense tokens and dice:

Wes Jansen (29)
Crack Shot (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Crack Shot (1)
R4-B11 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Corran Horn (35)
Fire Control System (2)
Marksmanship (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 150

All PS8+, Wes strips tokens and stresses, Vessery feeds off of Corran's target locks to reduce agility for Corran's double tap (which will be done with target lock and superfocus), and Wedge does Wedge things by potentially negating anything the opponent rolls ever.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011
Is that list's name Isard's Revenge?

It's almost (old)canon!

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tel with R5-D8 and R2-D2 crew.
Jumpmaster with R2 Astromech.

Sounds like a fun tournament with lots of broken stuff. Cross faction building is great!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
JumpMasters with R2 Astromechs seem completely insane.

As do T-70s with Unhinged.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Some Numbers posted:

JumpMasters with R2 Astromechs seem completely insane.

As do T-70s with Unhinged.

Yeah Unhinged makes some great options on Rebel Ships, T-70's with green Talon Rolls and E-Wings with green K turns,

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Wait, you can play dengaroo with r2d2 on manaroo and r5p9 on dengar? God help you all.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Strobe posted:

Blount with Ion Pulse Missiles.

So, there's a tournament this weekend in Lawrence that's 150 points with no faction restrictions; astromechs and salvaged astromechs may be interchanged freely; and you must have ships from at least two factions present.

So I'm thinking I want to take away all of the defense tokens and dice:

Wes Jansen (29)
Crack Shot (1)
R3-A2 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Colonel Vessery (35)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Crack Shot (1)
R4-B11 (3)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Corran Horn (35)
Fire Control System (2)
Marksmanship (3)
R2-D2 (4)
Shield Upgrade (4)

Total: 150

All PS8+, Wes strips tokens and stresses, Vessery feeds off of Corran's target locks to reduce agility for Corran's double tap (which will be done with target lock and superfocus), and Wedge does Wedge things by potentially negating anything the opponent rolls ever.

Ha theres a same exact style of tournament on the same day up near chicago.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

ecureuilmatrix posted:

Is that list's name Isard's Revenge?

It's almost (old)canon!

Holy poo poo it totally is, stealing that name immediately.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

FFG Event registration posted:

PayPal could not be reached, try again or choose a different payment method.

jfc this is annoying

e:finally got through! I got X-wing. I tried to get Armada as well, but those are both full, too.

ee: Welp, looks like the registration that I thought failed actually went through. So, now I am apparently double registered for X-wing. I know, I will go ahead and play on Fri. and Sat. and see if I can make the cut twice lol

Finster Dexter fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 6, 2016

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
I got into Day 1A. PayPal sure is easy when it chooses to work.

Day 1B of X-Wing wasn't full until like 8 minutes after reg opened. Maybe try Armada 1B when signups are up for tomorrow's wave (if that doesn't conflict with your X-Wing day).

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Got in for xwangs day2 see you there goons

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

X wing and Armada day 1 here we come.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Hey speaking of trolling for commissions, CLC I might have a project(two, actually) for you if you're interested

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Herux 100-49 vs ZenMastaT

I want to share this picture because the end of that game was odd and want to know(for future ref) how it should have been played out.

So basically the next 6 turns were Chewie trying to hard 2 right and never making it while IGGY wanted to hard left 1 and never made it thus locking the two in place. The ghost turned / 5kd / came back to bump chewie to have r1 on iggy out of iggys arc which ended up sealing the game. Before ghost got it's shot zen pops internal dampeners after chewie obviously bumped him the fifth time and we just said fck let them both shoot dropping chewie to half. Zen choose the honorable way out and did a 3 straight with 1 hp as the final move.

1) How should that have been ruled?
2) Could zen have gotten outta there?

General Battuta Leave me a steam message for when you can/want to play our week2 game! Also if anyone knows his steam name and could send it to me I would appreciate it.

Herux fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 7, 2016

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brunas posted:

Hey speaking of trolling for commissions, CLC I might have a project(two, actually) for you if you're interested
Sorry, I don't do commissions. I would lose the passion I have for painting if I ever did.

canyonero posted:

I got into Day 1A. PayPal sure is easy when it chooses to work.

Day 1B of X-Wing wasn't full until like 8 minutes after reg opened. Maybe try Armada 1B when signups are up for tomorrow's wave (if that doesn't conflict with your X-Wing day).
Well, I was considering trying to sign up for worlds tomorrow, but Pokemon Go was just released and....

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Herux posted:

General Battuta Leave me a steam message for when you can/want to play our week2 game! Also if anyone knows his steam name and could send it to me I would appreciate it.

Officially, performing a 0 stop maneuver does not change the fact that those ships are touching, unless the FAQ has changed its stance on that again. Popping Inertial Dampners would not have allowed combat.

Zen could not have gotten out of there without Chewie doing a maneuver that cleared. If Chewie bumps, IG isn't going anywhere.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Strobe posted:

Officially, performing a 0 stop maneuver does not change the fact that those ships are touching, unless the FAQ has changed its stance on that again. Popping Inertial Dampners would not have allowed combat.

Zen could not have gotten out of there without Chewie doing a maneuver that cleared. If Chewie bumps, IG isn't going anywhere.

Correct. There was a previous FAQ that said 0-stop maneuvers no longer counted it as touching, but that has now reverted to the original "ships are touching" ruling. Note that this is different from the FAQ clarification that says that if ships are parallel and facing the same direction and touching from a previous maneuver, if they perform the same maneuver then they are not considered touching.

Both are on page 5.

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Chill la Chill posted:

Sorry, I don't do commissions. I would lose the passion I have for painting if I ever did.

Well, I was considering trying to sign up for worlds tomorrow, but Pokemon Go was just released and....

Fair! Now I have to find another good painter with a strong sense of humor though. Rude.

You should come to worlds! I'm signed up for 1A.

Chill la Chill posted:

Correct. There was a previous FAQ that said 0-stop maneuvers no longer counted it as touching, but that has now reverted to the original "ships are touching" ruling. Note that this is different from the FAQ clarification that says that if ships are parallel and facing the same direction and touching from a previous maneuver, if they perform the same maneuver then they are not considered touching.

Both are on page 5.

This ruling is dumb. You had me excited saying it changed in the recent FAQ. Boo.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Brunas posted:

Fair! Now I have to find another good painter with a strong sense of humor though. Rude.
Enjoy :D

quote:

You should come to worlds! I'm signed up for 1A.
If I remember. They scheduled tomorrow's wave for prime pokemon hunting time though.

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
Thanks for all the clarification. Was just curious how something like that was handled. I also intentionally tried to pin IG in there to not allow him any more shots, so i'm glad that I did that portion of it right.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Herux posted:

Herux 100-49 vs ZenMastaT

I want to share this picture because the end of that game was odd and want to know(for future ref) how it should have been played out.

So basically the next 6 turns were Chewie trying to hard 2 right and never making it while IGGY wanted to hard left 1 and never made it thus locking the two in place. The ghost turned / 5kd / came back to bump chewie to have r1 on iggy out of iggys arc which ended up sealing the game. Before ghost got it's shot zen pops internal dampeners after chewie obviously bumped him the fifth time and we just said fck let them both shoot dropping chewie to half. Zen choose the honorable way out and did a 3 straight with 1 hp as the final move.

Stalemate, basically. It's entirely possible to get permanent stalemates with big ships. If you do, you can agree to call the match and highest points wins.

On another note, played Cracktor Swarm a bit more yesterday to GREAT success including tabling our local shark for the first time and beating him twice thus doubling the number of times I've beaten him previously (albeit he got terrible dice, mine were about average).

It's a very solid list, the only ship I've really had big trouble with to date is Dash. Playing Imp Aces constantly I hadn't quite realised how loving annoying he is to pin down when you don't out-PS him.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
So there's a hangar bay tournament this weekend. I'm not able to go, so I'm sending my nephew in my place. He's played maybe a dozen games, but understands the rules pretty well and has fun.

He wants to bring a brobots list, and then a list that includes the same ships he has at home. He has TFA Core, TIE Phantom, TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Rebel Aces.

Keeping the right ships is the important bit, I have pretty much every upgrade card he'd need.

With that in mind, here's the imperial list I built. It's at 98 points, and I'm considering swapping out Darth Vader's VI for Juke. That puts me at 99 points, where I'm not guaranteed initiative. I guess if he sees that the other guy has 2 ships that are 100 points then he is still guaranteed initiative when going with the 99 point build.
So, Juke or VI?

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 98

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Also, what's your favorite brobots build? I'm thinking of sending him with the following:

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Total: 100

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

canyoneer posted:

So there's a hangar bay tournament this weekend. I'm not able to go, so I'm sending my nephew in my place. He's played maybe a dozen games, but understands the rules pretty well and has fun.

He wants to bring a brobots list, and then a list that includes the same ships he has at home. He has TFA Core, TIE Phantom, TIE Advanced, TIE Defender, and Rebel Aces.

Keeping the right ships is the important bit, I have pretty much every upgrade card he'd need.

With that in mind, here's the imperial list I built. It's at 98 points, and I'm considering swapping out Darth Vader's VI for Juke. That puts me at 99 points, where I'm not guaranteed initiative. I guess if he sees that the other guy has 2 ships that are 100 points then he is still guaranteed initiative when going with the 99 point build.
So, Juke or VI?

"Whisper" (32)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Agent Kallus (2)
Advanced Cloaking Device (4)

Darth Vader (29)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 98

Also, what's your favorite brobots build? I'm thinking of sending him with the following:

IG-88B (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

IG-88C (36)
Crack Shot (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Glitterstim (2)
Autothrusters (2)
IG-2000 (0)

Keep VI in the first list. Ideally take a point out somewhere (Intel Agent on Whisper probably) in order to get the 97 point bid - you absolutely do not want to not have the choice of init with Whisper now that Dengar both exists and is popular.

Hillbots are my preferred Brobot build, at least in terms of what I have trouble playing againsts. That is, PTL/Sensors/Mangler/Tractor/AT on B and PTL/Sensors/HLC/AT on C.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
That's probably the "strongest" Brobots build, but I've had a lot more fun with this build:

IG-88B (36)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Autothrusters (2)

IG-88D (36)
Predator (3)
Advanced Sensors (3)
Heavy Laser Cannon (7)
Inertial Dampeners (1)
Autothrusters (2)

It's also pretty easy to customize. Replacing Predator with PtL lets you Advanced Sensors, PtL and clear the stress with a green maneuver, which is very strong. Replacing 88D with 88C essentially gives you three Actions per turn and the free evades are pretty cool.

I run this list because I like to S-Loop all the time. 88D's 3-Turn S-Loops are really strong and getting extra dice mods off S-Loops is really nice.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Herux posted:

Looking at it, I'd say that Iggy could have probably done a 1 hard right and cleared the board edge. Not ideal as he'd miss a turn shooting, but better than simply never doing anything again. Then sloop the next turn to get shots again. The 1 turns are very short.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The Gate posted:

Looking at it, I'd say that Iggy could have probably done a 1 hard right and cleared the board edge. Not ideal as he'd miss a turn shooting, but better than simply never doing anything again. Then sloop the next turn to get shots again. The 1 turns are very short.

Actually yeah, I think that would have worked. For a given value of worked, anyway given that he'd be shot up the arse at close range without any means of responding.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Herux posted:

Thanks for all the clarification. Was just curious how something like that was handled. I also intentionally tried to pin IG in there to not allow him any more shots, so i'm glad that I did that portion of it right.

The game logic isn't clear on this point so we need the FAQ. I can understand the game logic in calling it touching or not touching either way. I hope that sometime down the road we get a clarification about touching - since the current round of clarifications doesn't logically follow. i.e. the "pair of parallel ships moving the same direction" assumes the status of touching changes from round to round and is reset per round, but the "0 stop" scenario assumes the status of touching does not reset every round. I can kinda see what they are going for since, e.g. if both ships are facing each other, one ship will have had to move and cause a state of touching (but this also doesn't cover that both ships could potentially 0 stop and not touch by the previous game FAQ game logic), but if both ships were facing away from each other or facing the same direction, you could have had a situation where the first ship moves "away" and bumps into another ship, causing touching with the 3rd ship, while the second ship stops and should no longer be touching the 2nd for the same logic that the "pair of parallel ships..." scenario follows.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

thespaceinvader posted:

Actually yeah, I think that would have worked. For a given value of worked, anyway given that he'd be shot up the arse at close range without any means of responding.

Hard 1 and boost (if that was C alive) if it would fit to get to range 2, or just focus, the Chewie would have had no action to use for his attack. Hardly ideal, but getting stuck and then murdered by the Ghost is also not ideal.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Hard 1 would have gone off the edge. When a large base ship does a hard 1, it pivots on its nearside corner, and that'd put the front left corner about a quarter inch off the board if that perspective is even halfway possible.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Strobe posted:

Hard 1 would have gone off the edge. When a large base ship does a hard 1, it pivots on its nearside corner, and that'd put the front left corner about a quarter inch off the board if that perspective is even halfway possible.

Large ships move weirdly on a hard 1, because the turn is smaller than half the large base. The final base position overlaps where it started a tiny bit. It's super hard to tell in TTS though, especially if you're not directly above the ships.

The number of times I've landed on something in TTS I thought was clear...

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

A freak storm took out power to a fifth of the city and so the store can't have X-wing tonight. Paging General Battuta or Langolas, if you're available, I'm on Steam now for our games.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Oh wow. So after the recent updates to the x-wing automated game stuff and the list spawner, the game is actually not a pain in the rear end to play on TTS anymore. Aside from the dice thing, it's actually less tedious than vassal now. :dva:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Speaking of TTS, I got it over the steam sale. I didn't see the tutorial on how to set up Xwing in it in the op, can anyone repost it?

• Locked thread