Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fishing isn't uniquely Canadian you idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure there isn't a micro brewery within 20 miles I bet just the thought of that causes some of you to hyperventilate.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

Fishing isn't uniquely Canadian you idiot.

Fishing on a river on the edge of the Canadian Shield just downstream of one of our fantastic hydro electric plants certainly is :canada:

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

Whatcha fishing fer? I caught five walleye my last time out. It was a good day. I bought a lovely little boat this season and it upped my game.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stickarts posted:

Whatcha fishing fer? I caught five walleye my last time out. It was a good day. I bought a lovely little boat this season and it upped my game.

Walleye here, too. We've seen a few little ones jump so they're definitely here but so far all we've cought is a little bit of salad and I think my wife just lost her lure.

Edit: yep. Only upside is I managed to give it a good enough yank that the leader came untied. I hate having to cut line and leave it in the water.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

EvilJoven posted:

Doing something so Canadian right now I bet just looking at this picture drives some of you Canada hating urbanites insane.

http://i.imgur.com/C6b71bY.jpg

If you like fishing, you should get your seaplane rating as soon as possible. Think of all the cool poo poo there is to see and places to fish that may not have ever been fished before.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I just went fishing and crabbing for the first time in my life yesterday. Apparently when you live in something other than a downtown apartment you sometimes have space for a boat and a trailer and can do outdoors things like deploying crab traps. We got some huge salmon and some crabs and ate them up in the evening. I felt a bit bad for the crabs having them boiled alive.

I wouldn't want the hassle of owning a boat and a 5th wheel, but it's nice to have friends who do! Same goes for a cottage. Get a friend with a cottage but don't buy one your self, unless you want to be my friend in which case now is the time to buy a cottage.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Owning a cottage can really suck sometimes a friend of mine spent the weekend cleaning up after a break in. Renting a cottage is where it's at.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

EvilJoven posted:

Walleye here, too. We've seen a few little ones jump so they're definitely here but so far all we've cought is a little bit of salad and I think my wife just lost her lure.

Edit: yep. Only upside is I managed to give it a good enough yank that the leader came untied. I hate having to cut line and leave it in the water.

I'm an old pro at buying flashy lures and leaving them in some rock bass. I had big plans to fish the Churchill system and go island hopping for a week this summer but went to the hip in Winnipeg instead which is, again, a pretty decent city with a great arts and culture scene and a proud history of being dirty commies.

e. I got my brother's prawn traps from when he lived on the coast and set them to catch crawdaddies for bait on my lake. I can't imagine that's a regular practice by any stretch here in the gap.

Stickarts fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 22, 2016

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

PT6A posted:

If you like fishing, you should get your seaplane rating as soon as possible. Think of all the cool poo poo there is to see and places to fish that may not have ever been fished before.

I don't think I can afford renters insurance on anything with floats but if I decide to go commercial my goal is to suck as many dicks as it takes to get a job with the outfit that flies Otters and Caravans out of Lac du Bonnet.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

poo poo, any of y'all ever come to Regina you can stay in my old lovely cabin (if you're OK with outhouses) and go fishing on my old lovely boat with me. Even you city slickers. We can drink Pilsner and talk about farming.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

EvilJoven posted:

Doing something so Canadian right now I bet just looking at this picture drives some of you Canada hating urbanites insane.

yeah we're all dying of jealousy over whatever green and brown cow pond you're pulling lovely tasting bony pike or whatever out of

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
Bet you gayass URBANITES are dying from drowning in your own pussy juice looking at this here paradise *posts picture of fishing rod in front of Chernobyl effluent pond*

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe

Stickarts posted:

poo poo, any of y'all ever come to Regina you can stay in my old lovely cabin (if you're OK with outhouses) and go fishing on my old lovely boat with me. Even you city slickers. We can drink Pilsner and talk about farming.

If I end up in Regina again on business or pleasure I'll look you up. Is crop out there as hosed as it is here? I hear that people have had to seed upwards of a half a dozen times because of the rain.

Back where my in-laws live south of Hamilton it's the opposite. Anything that actually sprouts is burnt by sundown because it's so hot and dry down there.

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

EvilJoven posted:

If I end up in Regina again on business or pleasure I'll look you up. Is crop out there as hosed as it is here? I hear that people have had to seed upwards of a half a dozen times because of the rain.

Back where my in-laws live south of Hamilton it's the opposite. Anything that actually sprouts is burnt by sundown because it's so hot and dry down there.

There was some concern because the rains were so heavy in the spring, but the crops around this area are absolute bumper. The railways have been notified about the upcoming heavy harvest so we don't get a repeat of the debacle a few years ago where grain couldn't get moved for weeks.

My sister is converting an old rural church into a home and I was out there working today. The barley and duram fields surrounding it are just ridiculously lodged. Had to cut the day short because Doug started harvesting the barley field about 50 yards away, and we all know how bad that dust can be!!!

And lemme know for sure. My brother bought a pop up ice fishing shack so we can even hit the lake if you're through here in the winter.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

EvilJoven posted:

If the options are between feeling superior about this or urban canada then I don't feel so bad about being a working class cripple who got locked out of the choice years ago

gently caress both your piss cultures

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

I would ask you how you even sleep at night but I know its in your Duck Dynasty pajamas next to your shotgun in the back of your F-350 after you parked it on top of a native burial site. Real glad I missed lovely music and Canadian identity (:lol:) chat at least.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sask-councillor-social-media-colten-boushie-1.3730070

"It's hard to take things back, I guess," Fornwald said. "Maybe he needs to make a public apology."

Saying that he should have killed all 4 kids is something that might require an apology? These people cant be for real. :negative:

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Grant Lawrence, cbc dj, owner of mint records and founder of the smugglers comes from a rich real estate family and is a housing bull.
http://www.westender.com/news-issues/vancouver-shakedown/the-dirty-truth-about-vancouver-real-estate-1.2169617

lol

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

"Here’s the dirty truth: our ever-rising land values have nothing to do with the current record low interest rates, greedy real estate agents, or off-shore investors. The demand for Vancouver land has always been here, in one form or another, and it’s not going away. The trick to Vancouver real estate is to simply get your foot in the door: if you can, start small with a condo, build up your equity over years, and climb the real estate ladder. That’s the real dirt about this beautiful, rainy, real estate-crazed city we call home."

Amazing

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
"Here's the dirty truth; get on this roller coaster and the government will bail you out"

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
You know who represents Canada the best? Nickelback

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Tighclops posted:

If the options are between feeling superior about this or urban canada then I don't feel so bad about being a working class cripple who got locked out of the choice years ago

What's it like having no joy in your life?

EvilJoven is doing something he likes, why do you have to poo poo all over it? Christ people in this thread are negative sometimes, I don't know where you all get it from.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

cowofwar posted:

No offshore giant wind installations either despite then going up around the world.

Baby steps. There's 4 on-shore wind farms including the one at the north end of Vancouver Island, and one in the works for Hecate Strait.

Unfortunately it will probably turn into something like the gold rush run-of-river clusterfuck that among other things has BC Hydro idling their generators while buying power at inflated prices from the captains of industry.

Nothing to see here though - FAST FERRIES!

P-Value Hack
Apr 4, 2016

EvilJoven posted:

Yeah because us urbanites simply cannot or ever go fishing :rolleyes:. Sadly as an urbanite I live in a charicature of 1920s New York, so I live in abject squalor and cramped urban hell, unlike your ability to venture into the pristine wilderness like a modern day Thoreau. Tell us your natural ways!

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
Posting Gloryhole needs a new stat for percentage of posts by ignored users. I'm sure we'd be on top.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

My idiot father, last weekend, almost verbatim, posted:

"Here’s the dirty truth: our ever-rising land values have nothing to do with the current record low interest rates, greedy real estate agents, or off-shore investors. The demand for [Sydney] land has always been here, in one form or another, and it’s not going away. The trick to [Sydney] real estate is to simply get your foot in the door: if you can, start small with a [unit], build up your equity over years, and climb the real estate ladder. That’s the real dirt about this beautiful, [sunshiny], real estate-crazed city we call home."

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

I dunno, petty squabbling and infighting about culture seems fairly authentically Canadian.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Tighclops posted:

Nice meltdown/rod envy

Chicken
Apr 23, 2014

PT6A posted:

What's it like having no joy in your life?

EvilJoven is doing something he likes, why do you have to poo poo all over it? Christ people in this thread are negative sometimes, I don't know where you all get it from.

Says the guy who just shat all over the Hip.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888

EvilJoven posted:

i go fishing in toronto all the time. your gimmick is annoying

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Who does EvilJoven even think he's upsetting with those posts?

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Chicken posted:

Says the guy who just shat all over the Hip.

Yes, and if I hated all music and concerts, and not just bad music or bad concerts, that would be a valid comparison.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

BattleMaster posted:

Me, I am legitimately upset and have to go read an issue of Toronto Life cover to cover in order to stop hyperventilating

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

vyelkin posted:

Me, I am legitimately upset and have to go read an issue of Toronto Life cover to cover in order to stop hyperventilating

I am headed to Yorkville Whole Foods to get some artisanal comfort food then pick up some small batch craft beer from Nepal at the Summerhill LCBO to de-stress

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

BattleMaster posted:

I think it's me. Jesus christ, trying to catch walleye with a quarter ounce jig on an 8 inch wire leader 16" under the bobber is just the most pointless thing I can imagine. The only thing that would upset me more is if you actually caught one.

City fishing can be very good, Oakville to Port Hope is loaded with salmon right now.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Bounteous fishing is one of the things I have to look forward to in the nowhere to which I'm moving. I might even finally pull the trigger on that swanky Ambassadeur C3 reel I've been eyeballing.

Lots of walleye and apparently quite a few muskie.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

Rand McNally posted:

Last night was obviously a Greatest Hits show minus an 8 song portion but that's okay.

You could apply this statement to almost any show played last night by any rock band that has more than 4 albums.

Even if you don't like the Tragically Hip, the meltdown over their show that a bunch of conservatives are having is delicious "TRUDEAU?!? 11 MILLION VIEWERS?!? IMPOSSIBLE!!!".

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

BattleMaster posted:

I was so shocked I choked on my latte and my dog walker had to give me the Heimlich! I nearly couldn't ride my bike to work at my NGO job!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just :lol: if one of your favorite songs isn't Bobcaygeon. Like ... what the gently caress??

I am not even a huge Hip fan but that song is perfection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
I like World Container and I don't give no gently caress, fool