Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Magic Story Summary

* Jace is loving crazy now.
* Emrakul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Pontius Pilate posted:

Pauper chat: was looking at u delver lists and there's a divide on 0 dazes or 4 dazes it seems. Is that just because daze is stupid expensive on modo and I should be jamming 4 in my paper deck? Because I feel as if I should be jamming 4 dazes in my paper list.

This is basically the entire reason, you never see daze in lists because the lists are reported from modo results and daze is stupid expensive on modo. Deck is playable with or without daze.

Has anyone done any more testing with any g/b delirium lists for standard? Deck looks like it has decent payoffs.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

Pontius Pilate posted:

Pauper chat: was looking at u delver lists and there's a divide on 0 dazes or 4 dazes it seems. Is that just because daze is stupid expensive on modo and I should be jamming 4 in my paper deck? Because I feel as if I should be jamming 4 dazes in my paper list.

Yep, stupid expensive online. People are (or were) using force spike as a replacement. I like daze over force spike in most situations and people never play around the first daze in paper pauper.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Skyl3lazer posted:

Declaration in Stone is bad for the same reason Clique and Thought-Knot Seer are bad, taking the best card your opponent has and replacing it with a random card isn't ever something you'd want to do.
Those sure are two cards that do not result in card disadvantage like DiS does.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Edit: NM.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

e: yeah whatever.

PleasantDirge
Sep 7, 2009
ASK ME ABOUT HOW NOT BEING A FUCKING ASSHOLE ON THE ROAD IS JUST LIKE BEING A JEW AT A NAZI GATHERING BECAUSE I CAN NOT UNDERSTAND HOW TO NOT BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE AND WHEN PEOPLE TREAT ME LIKE I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE THAT IS JUST LIKE GENOCIDE

Dehtraen posted:

I like daze over force spike in most situations and people never play around the first daze in paper pauper.

This is why you play daze in pauper. Cards is awesome and nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Network42
Oct 23, 2002
Speaking of pauper, I'm putting together the freed from the real deck, and this sweet eggs deck, tell me some more sweet pauper brews.

Panderfringe
Sep 12, 2011

yospos

Angry Grimace posted:

Magic Story Summary

* Jace is loving crazy now.
* Emrakul.

Whaaaaat? Man that's lame.

EDIT: I guess that kind of describes every one of the Magic fiction stuff. Though I will admit I did enjoy the one with the two hunters and Arlin Kord in it, and the toad one.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
The definitively correct number of Declarations is easier found in Magic Duels (max 2), updating in a few hours with Shadows and Oath cards.

[thread]

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

I might be playing in a sealed GPT this weekend but didn't do any SoI prerelease stuff: anything in particular I should be aware of? Any cards look bad but perform well (or vice versa)?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Mikujin posted:

I might be playing in a sealed GPT this weekend but didn't do any SoI prerelease stuff: anything in particular I should be aware of? Any cards look bad but perform well (or vice versa)?

The 4/4 vampire that flips to hexproof unblockable is loving insane. If you get that you slam that color.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Drafting Snowlands

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Sickening posted:

The 4/4 vampire that flips to hexproof unblockable is loving insane. If you get that you slam that color.

Even without madness cards?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mikujin posted:

It's hard to make the synergies work in sealed. Don't try to play delirium. Madness is possible but you really have to have a great pool. White is the best and deepest color.

Rinkles posted:

Yes. The card is impossible to interact with.

Fallorn
Apr 14, 2005

Rinkles posted:

With equipment/enchantments it just gets better because it just puts your opponent on a clock. It's hexproof and indestructible and if need be flip it back and forth to just mess up your opponents day.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Autocard Anywhere reminded me of Lost Soul, which is a pretty bad card. In fact, it's been strictly-bettered at least 3 times.

Lost Soul -> Bog Smugglers -> Sewer Shambler -> Bog Raiders / Raiding Nightstalker / Zodiac Snake -> Blistergrub -> (arguably) Mire Boa.

Is there any other card that was so bad that there was room on the pole to incrementally increase its quality that many times?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Everblight posted:

Autocard Anywhere reminded me of Lost Soul, which is a pretty bad card. In fact, it's been strictly-bettered at least 3 times.

Lost Soul -> Bog Smugglers -> Sewer Shambler -> Bog Raiders / Raiding Nightstalker / Zodiac Snake -> Blistergrub -> (arguably) Mire Boa.

Is there any other card that was so bad that there was room on the pole to incrementally increase its quality that many times?

Serra Angel :haw:

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Dunno exactly what I'm doing other than "draft Disciple of Tevesh Szat"

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Zoness posted:

Jackal Pup. :haw:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Angry Grimace posted:

Dunno exactly what I'm doing other than "draft Disciple of Tevesh Szat"

Zombie Mushers and Frost Raptors are pretty good, as I recall.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Yawgmoth posted:

Kird Ape :coffeepal:

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Yawgmoth posted:

Strictly better, though? I can only think of Firedrinker Satyr and Falkenrath Gorger.

Zoness posted:

There's surprisingly few! (Archangel Avacyn, Origins Avacyn, Chromanticore (arguable due to extreme mana requirement) and Herald of the Host

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Yes. The card is impossible to interact with.

When I resolved it the only games I lost were to Avacyn (and some lifelink) when I got outraced, that card seriously is bonkers.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Everblight posted:

There's a loooot of creatures strictly better than Craw Wurm these days, but it took a surprisingly long while to get the first one, especially below rare.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Entropic posted:

There's a loooot of creatures strictly better than Craw Wurm these days, but it took a surprisingly long while to get the first one, especially below rare.

Craw Wurm is the best card though.

-Me, 1994.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Everblight posted:

Are there any creature cards from Legends that are strong enough that there isn't room to make them incrementally stronger several times?

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Are there any creature cards from Legends that are strong enough that there isn't room to make them incrementally stronger several times?

:smaug:

edit: also

Zoness fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 6, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Lottery of Babylon posted:

:smith:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
If you cast a Lead by Example and choose to bolster a wolf, would Silverfur Partisan spit out a 2/2 or not? I could see it going either way since the effect of Lead by Example is Support 2, but I'm not sure if that counts as "targeting" a wolf.

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

Mikujin posted:

If you're in green and open Confront the Unknown, play it and be happy. LSV called it the card that overperformed the most from his initial evaluation and Owen also commented it being good.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The chain I've seen is Mystic Denial < Cancel < Stoic Rebuttal < Counterspell < Mana Drain

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Okay, so I have a standard PPTQ Sunday. It's their first one and I might say I think a standard event at that level a day after rotation is a mistake, but whatever.

I don't have much SOI yet, was previously on Abzan and also played Mardu Dragons for a while. Have Sylvan Advocate, CoCo, Drana, Gideon, Thunderbreak, Kolaghan, Kolaghan Command, Dromoka command, Hangarback, red Sarkhan and Kalitas. I was thinking BR dragons but I feel like there might be a good GW deck, or try something like BG Coco and finally use Drana.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Soul Glo posted:

If you cast a Lead by Example and choose to bolster a wolf, would Silverfur Partisan spit out a 2/2 or not? I could see it going either way since the effect of Lead by Example is Support 2, but I'm not sure if that counts as "targeting" a wolf.

Look in the italicized reminder text of Lead by Example, it says "up to two target creatures", so you would get a 2/2 wolf.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Chamale posted:

Look in the italicized reminder text of Lead by Example, it says "up to two target creatures", so you would get a 2/2 wolf.

Welp, yeah, "target creature" should've tipped me off. Thanks.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Sickening posted:

Also Ken Nagle made the card because of Symphony of the Night, which owns

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Soul Glo posted:

bolster a wolf

If it were Bolster, you wouldn't get a token. Luckily it's Support.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

BizarroAzrael posted:

Okay, so I have a standard PPTQ Sunday. It's their first one and I might say I think a standard event at that level a day after rotation is a mistake, but whatever.

I don't have much SOI yet, was previously on Abzan and also played Mardu Dragons for a while. Have Sylvan Advocate, CoCo, Drana, Gideon, Thunderbreak, Kolaghan, Kolaghan Command, Dromoka command, Hangarback, red Sarkhan and Kalitas. I was thinking BR dragons but I feel like there might be a good GW deck, or try something like BG Coco and finally use Drana.
Here is an azban decklist from gerry thompson, it might be bad.

Creatures (14)

2 Den Protector
3 Mindwrack Demon
4 Sylvan Advocate
1 Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 The Gitrog Monster
Planeswalkers (2)

1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
Lands (25)

5 Forest
1 Plains
7 Swamp
3 Evolving Wilds
4 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
1 Shambling Vent
Spells (19)

2 Dead Weight
4 Grasp of Darkness
2 To the Slaughter
2 Ultimate Price
2 Languish
2 Read the Bones
2 Ruinous Path
3 Traverse the Ulvenwald
Sideboard

1 Dead Weight
1 Virulent Plague
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 Dark Petition
2 Duress
1 Flaying Tendrils
1 Languish
3 Pick the Brain
1 Read the Bones
1 Seasons Past

there are g/w megamorph decks running around I don't have any experience playtesting.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-megamorph-soi/

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/395881#online

In all honesty the power of these decks appears to be with dromoka's command and wrath resiliance. No clue how good these are going to be.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

dragon enthusiast posted:

Also Ken Nagle made the card because of Symphony of the Night, which owns

Clarifying point: It is Symphony of the Night that owns, not Ken Nagle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Here is an azban decklist from gerry thompson, it might be bad.

Creatures (14)

2 Den Protector
3 Mindwrack Demon
4 Sylvan Advocate
2 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
2 The Gitrog Monster
Planeswalkers (2)

1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
Lands (25)

5 Forest
1 Plains
7 Swamp
3 Evolving Wilds
4 Hissing Quagmire
4 Llanowar Wastes
1 Shambling Vent
Spells (19)

2 Dead Weight
4 Grasp of Darkness
2 To the Slaughter
2 Ultimate Price
2 Languish
2 Read the Bones
2 Ruinous Path
3 Traverse the Ulvenwald
Sideboard

1 Dead Weight
1 Virulent Plague
1 Ob Nixilis Reignited
1 Sorin, Grim Nemesis
1 Dark Petition
2 Duress
1 Flaying Tendrils
1 Languish
3 Pick the Brain
1 Read the Bones
1 Seasons Past

there are g/w megamorph decks running around I don't have any experience playtesting.

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/gw-megamorph-soi/

http://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/395881#online

In all honesty the power of these decks appears to be with dromoka's command and wrath resiliance. No clue how good these are going to be.

I was working with a delirium decklist and wanted to play both sylvan advocate and gitrog monster but I was worried they'd be too much of a nonbo together. Need to test that.

• Locked thread