Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the Bunt
Sep 24, 2007

YOUR GOLDEN MAGNETIC LIGHT
Discovered Quarter the Villain at a local show the other day. They blew me away. The ebst of 12 bands that played by far. They creamed my jeans and they are all awesome as hell dudes as well. I really love their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POHtWH9QcGs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!
I got the new Rose Funeral tape. But, I haven't listened to it yet. OK bye for now

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
Just gonna leave this here...

Volumes 'Edge of the Earth'

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

krustster posted:

I got the new Rose Funeral tape. But, I haven't listened to it yet. OK bye for now

:aaaaa:

I've been looking forward to this, please reply with how obviously great it is k thx.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

ShoogaSlim posted:

:aaaaa:

I've been looking forward to this, please reply with how obviously great it is k thx.

it sounds p. good so far, more low vocals and less of the high screech (if any) which is okay in my book. Definitely sounds like the same band though.

West
Jul 8, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

the Bunt posted:

Discovered Quarter the Villain at a local show the other day. They blew me away. The ebst of 12 bands that played by far. They creamed my jeans and they are all awesome as hell dudes as well. I really love their style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POHtWH9QcGs

This band is awesome. I booked them to support Wormrot and Tombs earlier this year. Great guys too!

Also, here's a review of Brutal Truth's upcoming release.

MMMCCLI
Apr 24, 2009
I don't know what this is, but listen to it!!

http://soundcloud.com/the-algorithm...ithm%2Fisometry

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

MMMCCLI posted:

I don't know what this is, but listen to it!!

http://soundcloud.com/the-algorithm...ithm%2Fisometry

Honestly I can't get into that, and I like both dubstep and djent.

On another note, It Prevails came out with a new album and I didn't even notice. Sounds even more focused on clean singing than Capture and Embrace but I expected that. I think this will always be my favorite song by them.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
As I Lay Dying just put out a new song and apparently have a new album coming out in November. <<<<Wrong see below for details

http://www.decasalbum.com/

Sounds like if you enjoyed The Powerless Rise, you'll enjoy this one also. That's cool to me :c00lbert:

Actually its not a new album, its a cover album with 3 new songs. Kinda lame but whatever.

chocolateTHUNDER fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 13, 2011

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

bleedbackwards posted:

Honestly I can't get into that, and I like both dubstep and djent.

On another note, It Prevails came out with a new album and I didn't even notice. Sounds even more focused on clean singing than Capture and Embrace but I expected that. I think this will always be my favorite song by them.

I don't mind the fact that they've added more focus to clean singing, but I found this album to be kind of lacking. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just doesn't grasp my attention that well. THis coming from someone who really enjoyed their other albums. I don't really think the music is all that gripping on the new album, I get bored listening to it. Although, admittedly, I think I sort of feel that way a lot when listening to albums for the first (few) time(s) and perhaps I just have to give it a better listen?

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

I finally got around to trying this new album from Century and HOLY MOTHERFUCKING poo poo!!!! gently caress

http://soundcloud.com/decibelmagazine/century-oak-god/s-oOxFT

(dunno if you can embed a soundcloud thing here but there wasn't a youtube version)

also it owns, really hard

edit: apparently the regular singing on that song is by the guy from Candlebox??? :pwn:

Gaza
Jul 16, 2008
Bumping this thread and just general The Acacia Strain chat. This band is the core of this genre I don't care what anyone loving says.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

best band, backed

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

Gaza posted:

Bumping this thread and just general The Acacia Strain chat. This band is the core of this genre I don't care what anyone loving says.

Acacia Strain are pretty good, yes.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

ShoogaSlim posted:

best band, backed

Yea buddy

Anyone with FB should friend DL. He's been in the studio loving around and posting clips of poo poo he's writing, and has been re-doing TAS classics (carbomb, Woah! Shut it down) and it's all rad as heck. I'm glad I saw TAS during the DL touring days but if he's still writing their stuff and playing on the records, I can live with that.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

This thread is deader than dead lately. I stumbled upon this band who embarrassingly stole their name from one of the greatest video games of all time but when I actually listened to their tunes I found myself digging it quite a bit. Heavy stuff.

http://shadowofthecolossus.bandcamp.com/

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

drat, they must REALLY like that game, because they even used the name layout from the game cover (well, one of the covers).

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Luckily for them if you just Google "Shadow of the colossus band" you get all info on them and not random poo poo for the game.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

drat, I'm listening to the new Molotov Solution and I'm hearing a ton of Emmure influence. I'm bopping my head to most of it but I'd like it if there were more originality to it.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wamsutta posted:

Yea buddy

Anyone with FB should friend DL. He's been in the studio loving around and posting clips of poo poo he's writing, and has been re-doing TAS classics (carbomb, Woah! Shut it down) and it's all rad as heck. I'm glad I saw TAS during the DL touring days but if he's still writing their stuff and playing on the records, I can live with that.

I saw them during the DL touring days. Wait, is it not the DL touring days anymore? Did he get really fat and can't fit in the van anymore or what?

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

He's a baby daddy now

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

As I Lay Dying just put out a new song and apparently have a new album coming out in November. <<<<Wrong see below for details

http://www.decasalbum.com/

Sounds like if you enjoyed The Powerless Rise, you'll enjoy this one also. That's cool to me :c00lbert:

Actually its not a new album, its a cover album with 3 new songs. Kinda lame but whatever.

Hahahah three wolf shirt.

This is loving ridiculous, the $100 bundle with a bunch of random poo poo is already sold out. Not that I was going to buy one but gently caress.

Edit: gently caress yes, tour in Texas. I had tickets to see the Powerless Rise tour in Houston and my car broke down while I was on the way. Looks like I'll have to drive to Dallas this time though.

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 23, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Wooooaaa the Molotov Solution tape is fucken sweet. As for the Emmure influence they do the "dundudn REEEEEEEE" thing (like from "False Love in Real Life") in like one or two songs but it's nothing bad.

Also, this is one of the best death core songs I've heard in centuries. I can't even really comment on the rest of the album because I keep listening to track 1 on repeat. FUUUUUUUU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvLcmJVVSM

I love how robust the vocals are. The actual music is sort of typical but they nail it so well and have the subtle melodic parts in there in just the right amounts.

bleedbackwards
Jan 13, 2008
weapon finesse: my dong

ShoogaSlim posted:

This thread is deader than dead lately. I stumbled upon this band who embarrassingly stole their name from one of the greatest video games of all time but when I actually listened to their tunes I found myself digging it quite a bit. Heavy stuff.

http://shadowofthecolossus.bandcamp.com/

Not bad, but yeah it is kind of embarrassing that even the lyrics to at least one song are about the game.

quote:

Led to the massive shrine of worship at the center of the region. "wander" carries with him a body wrapped in a cloak which he laid upon the altar in the shrine. removing the cloak off the body of a maiden named mono. she is revealed. a moment later several shadow like creatures with humanoid forms appear and prepare to attack. he dismisses them with a wave of his ancient sword. after vanquishing the shadow creatures, the voice of a disembodied entity echoes from above. he requests to return her soul, and acheive the impossible. The 16 idols lining the temples hall must all be destroyed. Despite a warning and a threat of consequence. He sets out and searches the land for the colossi, and eliminate them. Sprouting horns he makes a meal of the lord emon. Left with the taste the lords hemorages, he sets out to bring forth and slay the final colossus. Bridges shattering behind blazing hooves at a loss for his companion. Victory! He suffers the same fate as his recent foe, only to be reborn and begin the cycle once more. We've achieved the impossible. After what seemed like a lifetime of treachery, the world is once again safe from the likes of deceit. The righteous prevail.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Victory! :holy:

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

krustster posted:

I saw them during the DL touring days. Wait, is it not the DL touring days anymore? Did he get really fat and can't fit in the van anymore or what?

When I first saw them in like 04-05 he was skinny as heck and still wore throwback jerseys and poo poo to perform and it looked really funny and as time has gone by he's progressed into some kind of swolefat beast covered in tattoos. Don't wanna fight DL.

But yeah he had a kid and stopped touring with them I want to say toward the end of 09. He still writes for them/lays down studio poo poo though

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

So, I'm probably way behind here, but I just stumbled across The Arusha Accord (thanks, Spotify) and I'm really digging them. Here's my favorite track, so far:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l2CatCKrBE

XIII fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 27, 2011

Xenoid
Dec 9, 2006
I think it belongs in this thread..

There is a new Maylene album out. Has anyone listened to it yet?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Xenoid posted:

I heard them play a few songs from it earlier this year when they opened for Clutch. I'm not saying Dallas should go back to Underoath or anything, but that band sounds pretty drat generic.

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Xenoid posted:

As a big fan of Maylene's earlier releases, I'm extremely let down by everything I've heard off the new release.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

So this isn't the heaviest band ever but my boys in Life as a Ghost had their album "Drifter" drop today via Eulogy Recordings.

It's very old school (early-mid 2000's) sounding metalcore with melodic elements/singing.

Figure I'd spread the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQQ3qWUOFI

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Hello thread, wake up, I'm going to see Misery Signals tonight. It shall be glorious.

m3talh3ad
Jan 28, 2005
Saw Parkway Drive at the new Fillmore in Silver Spring, MD last Friday. They slayed as always. Didn't stay for Bring me the Horizon though. Haven't cared for them much. Anyone care to show me any songs that would regret that decision or did I make the right choice?
Also I've heard that Elitist has a new song out but I can't loving find it anywhere, and I loved the poo poo out of the EP that was discussed here ages ago.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

Hello thread, wake up, I'm going to see Misery Signals tonight. It shall be glorious.

Crush Em All tour? I saw MS once and they were good, but they only played one song from the first album. I never liked Mirrors that much so I was rather disappointed but it was a good performance.

also, new Suffokate is awesome. I always kind of overlooked this band in the past but this is really great. They sound a lot like All Shall Perish now which is a-ok in my book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcGZ9sOAT50
also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byl21VL99L8

krustster fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Sep 30, 2011

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

Oh and while I'm posting stuff that nobody will watch/listen to, I'll just leave this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdQ9dhRBumk

:quagmire::quagmire::quagmire::quagmire::quagmire::quagmire::quagmire:

heeebrew
Sep 6, 2007

Weed smokin', joint tokin', fake Jew of the Weed thread

ShoogaSlim posted:

So this isn't the heaviest band ever but my boys in Life as a Ghost had their album "Drifter" drop today via Eulogy Recordings.

It's very old school (early-mid 2000's) sounding metalcore with melodic elements/singing.

Figure I'd spread the word.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBQQ3qWUOFI

not a fan.

That Aegaeon song is dope though.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

krustster posted:

Crush Em All tour? I saw MS once and they were good, but they only played one song from the first album. I never liked Mirrors that much so I was rather disappointed but it was a good performance.

I'm a big fan of MS since they're the offspring of 7 Angels 7 Plagues and I think they progress the sound of that band pretty faithfully. Mirrors and Controller definitely have a different feel than the demo s/t and Malice but I like them all nonetheless.

quote:

also, new Suffokate is awesome. I always kind of overlooked this band in the past but this is really great. They sound a lot like All Shall Perish now which is a-ok in my book.

I want to like Return to Despair more than I actually do. I can't quite put my finger on it but it sounds different than No Mercy No Forgiveness which I liked a lot. It's less Deathcore which some may say is a good thing but RtD sounds a little dry to me.

As for the new White Chapel, meh, yeah it's heavy but I've been bored of that band since Somatic Defilement was out and I was super into it until I actually saw WC live and was less than impressed.

heeebrew posted:

not a fan.

Thanks for giving it a listen at least.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

I was pretty disappointed with the show last night. I know I have a rep for being a certain way about the genre but jesus gently caress metalcore kids don't know how to act/dance. After The Burial was so laughably bad my friend and I were making fun of them the entire time. Every band's sound was horrible for the most part. I should have stayed home. I'm old and bitter.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

ShoogaSlim posted:

I was pretty disappointed with the show last night. I know I have a rep for being a certain way about the genre but jesus gently caress metalcore kids don't know how to act/dance. After The Burial was so laughably bad my friend and I were making fun of them the entire time. Every band's sound was horrible for the most part. I should have stayed home. I'm old and bitter.

Coming from you this is almost like a seal of approval.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Haha maybe. To each his own. I think I have a good ear for sound quality. Been going to shows for a long time and even my musician friends were unimpressed with the sound. I have every bands album on my comp and I actually like Veil and think Within the Ruins are decent. Never bothered to listen to ATB and I'm not about to start doing so. The whole vibe was just lousy.