Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
They had a €23.53 billion revenue in 2011. Gimme dat cash.

A sneak peak inside Anthony Precourt's office this morning:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Fucitol posted:

They had a €23.53 billion revenue in 2011. Gimme dat cash.

A sneak peak inside Anthony Precourt's office this morning:

How can he see anything with no power going to that monster CRT?

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
his coffee has actually been laced with several hallucinogens by the dastardly and mustache-twirling frank yallop

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I hadn't seen this posted here and I feel like it's a huge deal, so here it is. This should probably wind up in the OP when the season starts:

The Mothership posted:

Most every Friday night UniMás or Univision Deportes Network will broadcast a top MLS matchup in Spanish and in English using secondary audio programming (SAP).

You can also watch the match online at deportes.univision.com or the Univision Deportes app. Look for a toggle on the video player to change the feed to English.

Tigren fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Mar 3, 2015

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

Fucitol posted:

his coffee has actually been laced with several hallucinogens by the dastardly and mustache-twirling frank yallop

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

is it a good thing or bad thing that bocanegra has been hired by atlanta?

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

ArmZ posted:

is it a good thing or bad thing that bocanegra has been hired by atlanta?

Who knows? Recently retired player who joins a front office can go either way.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
And with no FO or coaching experience to boot.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Nybble posted:

And with no FO or coaching experience to boot.

Fair point. Exceptions do exist. Jason Kreis did pretty well straight off the field. We'll see how it goes with NYCFC.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

We may not be watching Calvinball this weekend, but at least NYCFC can still entertain us.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

highme posted:

We may not be watching Calvinball this weekend, but at least NYCFC can still entertain us.

I'm hoping all this NYCFC poo poo is just a very elaborate troll...

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
You can't post that without the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6K_sOWvTkQ

quote:

Steven Goff
‏@SoccerInsider
Owners' apparent lone proposal: player age 32 with 10 years' experience with same club can become free agent. #mls

:lol: How many people would this even apply to?

ShutteredIn fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 3, 2015

Mike Toole
Apr 9, 2001

WE ARE GOING BACK!!

ShutteredIn posted:

Brad Davis.

No seriously, I think he'd be the only one.

This is dumb. League had better get their poo poo together, nobody's going to be lining up to take their side if a strike happens.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Going by his Twitter it looks preeetttty unlikely that season will start on time. Owners aren't giving an inch, apparently.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Reading the lyrics was bad enough.

quote:

Many of the teams wouldn't even qualify.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given
And then when you are 32 years old, you may become a free agent, and by a "free agent" we mean you may retire. You're welcome.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Mike Toole posted:

Brad Davis.

No seriously, I think he'd be the only one.

This is dumb. League had better get their poo poo together, nobody's going to be lining up to take their side if a strike happens.

Brad Davis... next year.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Ben Olsen, Brian Ching, CJ Brown, Logan Pause and Landon Donovan (and Davis) are the only players in MLS history that would've qualified.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Geez, MLS even ran an article a couple weeks back showing how almost no one else is even close.

Sperg
Jul 20, 2008

Theoretically, it is possible...
#WhitecapsFC Beitashour. "We're getting down to the wire. Both parties aren't going to be 100 per cent happy..."

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Now I'm reminded of this, which is all too relevant:

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Now I'm reminded of this, which is all too relevant:

George RR Martin sure liked saying that over and over on Jon Snow's chapters in A Dance With Dragons.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Tigren posted:

I hadn't seen this posted here and I feel like it's a huge deal, so here it is. This should probably wind up in the OP when the season starts:

This is really nice actually. Still weird that that's where you have to go but it eliminates my only real complaint. Rad that they'll be streaming it too.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
I love the fact that MLS online presence is just completely ignoring that any labor discussion is going on at all or that a work stoppage is looming. It reminds me of the Iraqi Information Minister from the 2003 Iraq invasion.

I guess they figure the Dempseys won't rock the boat and the Andy Roses will be too desperate to strike long.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Like seriously, they're talking about the best tifo and naming rights and poo poo.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

foobardog posted:

I love the fact that MLS online presence is just completely ignoring that any labor discussion is going on at all or that a work stoppage is looming. It reminds me of the Iraqi Information Minister from the 2003 Iraq invasion.

I guess they figure the Dempseys won't rock the boat and the Andy Roses will be too desperate to strike long.

EVERYTHING IS FINE OKAY

MLS literally runs itself like the WWE, right down to the disdain for hardcore fans and mistreatment of talent.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

foobardog posted:

Someone brought up a point that they probably aren't legally allowed to talk about it for fear of being accused of influencing the negotiations.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Sides getting close on 28/8 (spread across teams) as the cutoff?

http://www.espnfc.us/major-league-soccer/story/2329945/mlsplayers-union-move-closer-to-free-agency-as-talks-progresssource-says

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.
i think a full season strike would be the best thing that's happened to the union in years

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

28/8 would be great. NHL is 27/7. Take that poo poo and let's go MLSPU.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

MLS is pushing its top babyface, Kaka

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i think a full season strike would be the best thing that's happened to the union in years

gently caress the Union and the union imo

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

SeaTard posted:

Someone brought up a point that they probably aren't legally allowed to talk about it for fear of being accused of influencing the negotiations.

That's fair. I could swear that I saw articles on nfl.com when they were facing a lockout, but perhaps because it's a lockout and not a strike, it's different.

Your Weird Uncle
Jan 16, 2006
Boneless Rusto Thrash.

Shrapnig posted:

gently caress the Union and the union imo

i get to say it but when you say it you're wrong because you live in new jersey and support man u

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.
From everything I've seen tweeted in the last hour a deal isn't going to happen.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
Everything on Twitter looks really negative at this point still.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Just give the players free agency, drat. You'd think they'd be more resistant to salary demands.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

ShutteredIn posted:

28/8 would be great. NHL is 27/7. Take that poo poo and let's go MLSPU.

I think the players union would accept that after pushing for something more like 26/6 or something and not getting it. What I don't think they are going to accept is the hard cap on the amount your salary can increase once you become a free agent. Going from 50k to 55k a year once you become a free agent isn't very appealing.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Weird Uncle posted:

i get to say it but when you say it you're wrong because you live in new jersey and support man u

Conversely

t

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

Jack Jewsbury is half-way to free agency.

Much love for Captain Jack. Can't wait to see him cash-in.

• Locked thread