Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

leica posted:

I don't know I buy used poo poo. Best deal is a cheap Canon body (20D, 30D) and the best glass you can afford.

Or what phone said.

Yep. I just sold a Rebel T2i for $160, in nearly perfect condition. Not a great camera by modern standards, but I shot with it professionally for 4 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Canon used the same sensor from the T2i all the way through the T5i. The functionality is still there, you can still record amazing looking video on it.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Phone posted:

Canon used the same sensor from the T2i all the way through the T5i. The functionality is still there, you can still record amazing looking video on it.

Yep. I got plenty of great images that made clients happy. It's just slower and not as intuitive as some of the newer cameras.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Adiabatic posted:

Bro, do you even squat

Everyone should. Squats and deads = hella strong back.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

88h88 posted:

YUP. My back issues have pretty much hosed off since I started going to the gym regularly.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

88h88 posted:

Throw in some overhead presses once you're strong enough, too. Preferably doing a clean and press to start your set.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
My uncle who works at Nintendo did a deadlift once. Now he's dead.

Never do deadlifts, they're dangerous.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

The Locator posted:

Do you really want/need a DSLR, or will you just be using it on auto like a point and shoot with changeable lenses?

Yeah I want to take night/sky shots so no point and shoot

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Ugh, fingers so cold. Just fixed a couple of hosed up fuel lines on an older outback outside and it's 6f. They had been changed from the firewall to the filter and rails and were leaking to the point of not holding pressure so the car wouldn't start. Probably helps when you don't strip the hose clamp. loving dealerships.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

IDK if doing squats and deadlifts will shave the bone spurs off my spine or unpinch my Sciatic nerve.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phone posted:

My uncle who works at Nintendo did a deadlift once. Now he's dead.

Never do deadlifts, they're dangerous.

He's dead because he leaked Super Mario Bros Eleventeen and Ninetndo had him keeled.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Super Aggro Crag posted:

IDK if doing squats and deadlifts will shave the bone spurs off my spine or unpinch my Sciatic nerve.

I don't know about bone spurs, but I had REALLY bad sciatic pain before I started doing them regularly.

It still flares up occasionally, but it made it 99% better. And now when it flares up, it also fixes itself quicker.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I hope you feel better soon, and have great insurance. we need you back to splashing people asap

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks. My roomies started going to Planet Fatness so maybe I will join up once I feel better.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nodoze posted:

Yeah I want to take night/sky shots so no point and shoot

I got this about a year ago - http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital...rds=Nikon+D3300

I've been super happy with it as a newbie to 'real' camera stuff, but I have not done any sky shots. I think you need a really good tripod and one of those tracker mounts to take any reasonable sky shots at night without streaking (the earth's rotation is really really fast).

I've done some pretty long exposure stuff at night, but not at the sky, and the shots came out ok, for someone without any idea of what he's doing anyway.

Using the kit lens at 45mm, this was a 5 second exposure at f/13 iso 200.

I'm sure that with a proper lens and sky-tracker mount it would take fantastic pictures, and the price is pretty good IMO.

I don't really think you can go wrong with Nikon or Canon, just look for the features you want and go for it. In my minimal research, Nikon has a better reputation at low light stuff, but Canon is more common, so easier to get great deals on used lenses, and stuff.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

fjelltorsk posted:

I hope you feel better soon, and have great insurance. we need you back to splashing people asap

The prodigal son returns to burn SAC.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Fjell is my homie tho.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

The prodigal son returns to burn SAC.

I'm so confused.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Haha. Planet Fatness. I see what you did there. When a person is fat the place that they might go to fix that is a gym, of which there exists one named Planet Fitness. The joke is that there will probably be fat people there, so its pretty clever that you were able to switch out those letters for a humorous series of words.

Please share with us other humorous names for stores, such as your classic "Vatozone" the joke of which is that you are a oval office.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

The Locator posted:

I got this about a year ago - http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital...rds=Nikon+D3300

I've been super happy with it as a newbie to 'real' camera stuff, but I have not done any sky shots. I think you need a really good tripod and one of those tracker mounts to take any reasonable sky shots at night without streaking (the earth's rotation is really really fast).

I've done some pretty long exposure stuff at night, but not at the sky, and the shots came out ok, for someone without any idea of what he's doing anyway.

Using the kit lens at 45mm, this was a 5 second exposure at f/13 iso 200.

I'm sure that with a proper lens and sky-tracker mount it would take fantastic pictures, and the price is pretty good IMO.

I don't really think you can go wrong with Nikon or Canon, just look for the features you want and go for it. In my minimal research, Nikon has a better reputation at low light stuff, but Canon is more common, so easier to get great deals on used lenses, and stuff.

A guy in the mirrorless thread took a sweet pic of the galactic center using a Fuji and a Rokinon 12mm f/2 manual focus lens.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3410935&userid=35362&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post448922506

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I'm so confused.

The last we saw of fjelltorsk, there was an open question from IOC that was waiting for an answer. Instead of answering, fjelltorsk told TT to (loosely translated) "Eat his rear end."

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Cage posted:

Haha. Planet Fatness. I see what you did there. When a person is fat the place that they might go to fix that is a gym, of which there exists one named Planet Fitness. The joke is that there will probably be fat people there, so its pretty clever that you were able to switch out those letters for a humorous series of words.

Please share with us other humorous names for stores, such as your classic "Vatozone" the joke of which is that you are a oval office.

Why are you such a miserable PC oval office?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cage posted:

Eh, I agree with everything except vatozone. I hear that a lot in socal, mostly from Mexican guys.

But it probably is SAC being racist.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I am PC against lazy and unfunny jokes.

e: Which is why I almost sort of stick up for you when people give you poo poo about splashing. All they do is say "hey you splash people" and that shits just lazy.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Nov 29, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Best Buy more like Worst Buy.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Literally everyone I know rhat goes to the gym calls PF Plabet Fatness. Get out of your white suburb basement for once and chill the gently caress out. Also Trump 2016.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Bed Bath & Beyond more like Bad Butts & Behinds.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
both of you should be ashamed of yourselves and put on probation for rivals.com

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

The last we saw of fjelltorsk, there was an open question from IOC that was waiting for an answer. Instead of answering, fjelltorsk told TT to (loosely translated) "Eat his rear end."

Oh no I know all that. I was just so shocked by his return and comment that I had no idea what was going on.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Just got back from hanging with my homies at Burger Jester. Love those chicken fries.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

You would.

Cage posted:

Bed Bath & Beyond more like Bad Butts & Behinds.

to this I'll add The South Butt.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Also I weigh 400lbs so I can make fun of fellow fatties.

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

meatpimp posted:

Right, i did and it was a dick move. The reason i did tell TT that was to prove my norwegianess, so i found a fitting sentance that was not easily google translatable and posted it. i was not in a great place mentally and i apologize to Tusen takk if i hurt his feelings.

I did not see any question from ioc, probably because i checked out from AI after the third PM on facebook. if someone really wanted to get a hold of me it seems my Email is pretty public knowledge judging from the photo of what i can only imagine was feces on a piece of cardboad. i dont care who it was, but you need help dude, not mentally but atleast from some sort of rear end doctor.

then to the meat of the situation, i have been planning an effortpost to come clean and apologize, this it not that post, but i figured id give you guys the TL:DR version.

First off, im sorry i just bolted with my tail between my legs, and secondly, Rhyno, im sorry you are going trough some poo poo with cancer in the family, its a nasty beast and i hope you get of as lightly as possible.

and then for the rest of you..

Yes, i did post GISed pictures of poo poo and claiming it was something else, and for this i am sorry, its a mix of me being a lazy goon, me having some weird issues about privacy online and mostly me being a retard. i never tried to fool anyone, or hurt their feelings but i probably did, and again i am sorry,. The last year has been very hard for me going trough massive amounts of chemo and radiation treatments, my mental state is three rungs below dr 14s and i have made alot of bad decisions. I wish i had a better explanation for you goons but this is it.

thanks for the great dudes in #Neai for being awsome towards me

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

fjelltorsk posted:

Right, i did and it was a dick move. The reason i did tell TT that was to prove my norwegianess, so i found a fitting sentance that was not easily google translatable and posted it. i was not in a great place mentally and i apologize to Tusen takk if i hurt his feelings.

I did not see any question from ioc, probably because i checked out from AI after the third PM on facebook. if someone really wanted to get a hold of me it seems my Email is pretty public knowledge judging from the photo of what i can only imagine was feces on a piece of cardboad. i dont care who it was, but you need help dude, not mentally but atleast from some sort of rear end doctor.

then to the meat of the situation, i have been planning an effortpost to come clean and apologize, this it not that post, but i figured id give you guys the TL:DR version.

First off, im sorry i just bolted with my tail between my legs, and secondly, Rhyno, im sorry you are going trough some poo poo with cancer in the family, its a nasty beast and i hope you get of as lightly as possible.

Yes, i did post GISed pictures of poo poo and claiming it was something else, and for this i am sorry, its a mix of me being a lazy goon, me having some weird issues about privacy online and mostly me being a retard. i never tried to fool anyone, or hurt their feelings but i probably did, and again i am sorry,. The last year has been very hard for me going trough massive amounts of chemo and radiation treatments, my mental state is three rungs below dr 14s and i have made alot of bad decisions. I wish i had a better explanation for you goons but this is it.

Still more than they deserve.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

fjelltorsk posted:

That took stones (or at least that took stone).

Welcome back, fjelltorsk.

Ozmiander posted:

Still more than they deserve.

Are you ever anything other than bitter and negative (and that is a stunning question when I ask it)?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

meatpimp posted:

That took stones (or at least that took stone).

Welcome back, fjelltorsk.

Are you ever anything other than bitter and negative (and that is a stunning question when I ask it)?

I'm actually a pretty affable guy.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Cage posted:

I am PC against lazy and unfunny jokes.

e: Which is why I almost sort of stick up for you when people give you poo poo about splashing. All they do is say "hey you splash people" and that shits just lazy.

Wait let me tell you what happened a couple years ago

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

fjelltorsk posted:

Right, i did and it was a dick move.

You pretty much did what everyone wanted and I hope all the whiners are satisfied. But did you really only have one ball?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's a Christmas miracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fjelltorsk
Sep 2, 2011

I am having a BALL

SouthsideSaint posted:

You pretty much did what everyone wanted and I hope all the whiners are satisfied. But did you really only have one ball?

still do, silicone not counted

• Locked thread