Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win the Super Bowl
This poll is closed.
Manning 128 17.85%
Newton 384 53.56%
Meteor 83 11.58%
*snort* ahem, I won't be partaking in your SUPERB OWL, i will be watchin league and esports instead *snort* 122 17.02%
Total: 572 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
God I can't wait to get super wasted and eat a ton of terrible food tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im dtunk already so i can slèep for the game tomorrow. Gonna be nervous as a cute 6 yr old on uis 1st day as an alter boy

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I'm going to be at my brother's house for the game so I won't be able to post a bunch of the dog gifs that you all love so much.

ITS SB SUNDAY! :getin:

https://i.imgur.com/iLmnQj7.gifv

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

wandler20 posted:

I don't think Dungy deserves it. Built an all time great D in Tampa couldn't make it to the Super Bowl and only managed one Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.

:agreed:

Kalli posted:

I mean that D did drag Peyton to the only title he's gotten.

Really? I guess that 24-0 lead the Patriots had didn't happen? That was the real SB that year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
2006 was like, the only year that Bob Sanders was fully healthy all season. And the Colts won the Superbowl. Ergo

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

warcrimes posted:

Really? I guess that 24-0 lead the Patriots had didn't happen? That was the real SB that year.

The defense and Vinatieri won them the first two games before that one. Peyton stepped up in the championship and Super Bowl. The defense didn't drag him to it, but that was about the one year where Peyton could have bad games and the Colts wouldn't immediately lose because of it.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Ross Angeles posted:

2006 was like, the only year that Bob Sanders was fully healthy all season. And the Colts won the Superbowl. Ergo

He missed almost the whole season, actually. But he was healthy for the playoffs, as my Ravens found out when the Colts defense was all of a sudden good.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's loving gameday bitches, let's go the motherfucking Broncos. Up super early to smoke a brisket, loving poo poo it's Super Bowl Sunday boys :getin: gently caress a cat (don't literally do this)

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

I'm awake to run in a Super Bowl 6K held by the stadium. That's cool and all, but being up so early is going to make the wait for this game feel interminable.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I just woke up. It's freezing rain and gusting 45 mph.

Also can't buy beer in this state till 12...

:suicide:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's Super Bowl Sunday, it's 1pm here, and I'm still not drunk.

I have failed you, TFF.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
The panthers are guna wina I think

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Oh my God, Super Bowl why am I awake so early.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I made a poo poo load of ribs last night, my body is ready.

( Go the panthers bitch. )

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
So excited to watch another team get their first Lombardi!

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/696162755326320640

I'm dying

the greatest goober

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Chinatown posted:

God I can't wait to get super wasted and eat a ton of terrible food tomorrow.

Also it's the Super Bowl!

Stayed over my in-laws last night and our daughter hates the crib here, so none of us got any sleep. Going to be be fun having a 2-hour drive home after the game.

I travel home to watch with my dad every year. This Christmas he actually said "Y'know, this could be my last Christmas." He's ended up in the emergency room on Christmas Eve 3 of the last 6 years and the same thought has occurred to me re: the Super Bowl, so it's dad and pizza from our favorite place as long as that's an option. :unsmith::smith:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

It's 4pm here and I'm officially starting my pregame booze+junk food binge. Go Panthers.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

warcrimes posted:

:agreed:

hey
hey
hey
hey
hey

step off, bro

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFRp6Gackzs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Denver's gonna win.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

please enlighten all of us and tell for who you will be rooting and why, Kawa

thanks

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
The bacon wrapped, brown sugar covered lil' smokies are in the crock pot, and I'm ready to loving do this.

Lets go boys :)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Xcom super bowl

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ZenVulgarity posted:

Xcom super bowl

Peyton's pass accuracy going to look like X-Com.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Peyton's pass accuracy going to look like X-Com.

I propose every blatantly bad pass get a :xcom: emote today

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

please enlighten all of us and tell for who you will be rooting and why, Kawa

thanks

I'm fine with either winning. I don't have a real negative here. Normally I'd root against Manning in a game against a fresher guy like Newton but I really hate the whole narrative that Manning "Can't win in the playoffs" or whatever that even persisted after he was Superbowl MVP. So I'd like to see him win just to spite those people. And I think they will win, though precisely because Newton isn't playing Manning he's playing the Broncos defense. And the Broncos defense is nasty and the Panthers' horrid receiving corps will be a factor. Carolina will have major, major problems moving the ball today and I do not think they will overcome it. It will be considered a very boring game. Low-scoring. 17-10 I'm seeing it, with Denver winning maybe with a Talib pick 6 being the difference assuming he's not hurt or something and I don't know.

If Carolina wins I will also be happy because I like Cam Newton.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

What is with the Lions? I mean, statistically they shouldn't be lower than a lovely team that was made in the fuckin Bush era. I don't really know much about them other than 'lol The Lions'

Their ownership is basically poo poo. Always has been and always will be.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Kawalimus posted:

Denver's gonna win.

I've been nervous about Carolina losing all day. Now that Kawalimus has picked Denver, I'm nervous no more. Hell yes, Carolina Super Bowl champs

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/ESPNNFL/status/696358103961505792

marshawn done

also my friends please hope that the score of this game at the end of each quarter has ends in 0 and 0 whether it be 0-0 or 10-0 etc because then i will make $250 per quarter

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug
Panthers 42 broncos 17

Cam all day

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

three posted:

Seahawks entire bandwagon success will be surpassed by the Panthers as of 7pm tomorrow.

Past couple years:
2x Coach of the Year
MVP
DPotY
Super Bowl

Not sure I agree. Back to back Super Bowls is really big deal.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

three posted:

Seahawks entire bandwagon success will be surpassed by the Panthers as of 7pm tomorrow.

Past couple years:
2x Coach of the Year
MVP
DPotY
Super Bowl

gotta emptyquote this if Carolina loses though

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Coldplay has that u2-sound mom rock instrumental thing going. Plus now they add edm elements so it's pure hook.

It'll probably be a well received performance. We need another Black Eyed Pea because I remember that halftime just being crazy for one reason or another. And that's what I want to see

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Beyonce's new single owns, so that'll be good.

gently caress Coldplay though.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Coldplay has that u2-sound mom rock instrumental thing going. Plus now they add edm elements so it's pure hook.

It'll probably be a well received performance. We need another Black Eyed Pea because I remember that halftime just being crazy for one reason or another. And that's what I want to see

Weird, I remember it being terrible, different strokes for different folks I guess. I liked last year's well enough, but Coldplay smacks more of the Bruno Mars "we're trying to appeal to the soccer mom demographic" approach.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Thaddius the Large posted:

Weird, I remember it being terrible, different strokes for different folks I guess. I liked last year's well enough, but Coldplay smacks more of the Bruno Mars "we're trying to appeal to the soccer mom demographic" approach.

Well, what a great coincidence, because Bruno Mars is going to be at the Half Time show too.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm fine with the half-time performance because I'll be driving in the middle of it and thus don't have to watch or listen to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they should just cancel the half time show tbh

• Locked thread