Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

How do I unhollow? As far as I can tell it doesn't have any gameplay affect (there's probably something) but I want to look like a human again.

theres 3 ways. theres a statue somewhere, purging stones, or another way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

How do I unhollow? As far as I can tell it doesn't have any gameplay affect (there's probably something) but I want to look like a human again.

You can get a ring to look human and there is a weird gameplay effect that probably won't effect you. You unhollow using individual purging stones but remember when you die you'll get more hollowing from the dark sigils. You can cure the dark sigil if you give the firekeeper the firekeeper's soul, but that pisses off Yuria and she stops selling purging stones and leaves. Also the shrine of Velka does "dissolution" for hollowing but I don't know what that means I'd have to look it up

edit: With dissolution you pay to get rid of hollowing, with the firekeeper soul you pay to get rid of dark sigils. You gotta do both if you wanna stay human.

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Apr 16, 2016

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

theres 3 ways. theres a statue somewhere, purging stones, or another way.

I'm fairly certain I know what statue. I'll try it out

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

excited to see my bart simpson hollow

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

If you do it you break a questli e just FYI qt

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think I've already missed a lot of questlines so I don't mind. In gonna play through this game quite a bit to get the plat anyway. Whatever happens during a first playthrough is whatever.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

In Training posted:

I think I've already missed a lot of questlines so I don't mind. In gonna play through this game quite a bit to get the plat anyway. Whatever happens during a first playthrough is whatever.

If Yuria has appeared you may as well kill her so you can get her cool loot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

First playthroughs of these games are the absolute best, because I have so much fun exploring everything, and then once the final boss goes down and I open the wiki, I get a second overwhelming sense of wonderment with the details I inevitably missed

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

i missed almost all of them haha. and a secret area

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
right now im doing ng++ to get the platinum. then after that ill do an npc quest and lore playthrough where i read all of the item tooltips. and then i will do low sl runs and no lock on runs and stuff like that for the foreseeable future

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

right now im doing ng++ to get the platinum. then after that ill do an npc quest and lore playthrough where i read all of the item tooltips. and then i will do low sl runs and no lock on runs and stuff like that for the foreseeable future

A playthrough where you skip ahead to later lothric castle instead of fighting vordt sounds cool and very challenging

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I think I gave the miracle vendor prodormal schitzophrenia

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

I think I gave the miracle vendor prodormal schitzophrenia

i like her. shame im not buying anything from her though, i feel a little bad.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

i like her. shame im not buying anything from her though, i feel a little bad.

I think buying the wrong stuff from her is what did it lol

edit: I gave her tomes that let her teach you hexes and it kind of freaked her out and then I bought a few and now she's twitching and talking about tiny little things biting at her in the dark and stuff

goferchan fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 16, 2016

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

A playthrough where you skip ahead to later lothric castle instead of fighting vordt sounds cool and very challenging

can you do that ?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

can you do that ?

i just did it but im not sure how far u can get. probably u can do the whole rest of the game first but u still need to get all the other lords of cinder to beat the game

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

can you do that ?

Emma drops the cup that starts the dancer boss fight if you killer her

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wolnir is giving me a real headache.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wolnir is giving me a real headache.

The sound design on Wolnir is incredible. I was able to dodge his swings without even looking at his arms

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boomstick Quaid posted:

The sound design on Wolnir is incredible. I was able to dodge his swings without even looking at his arms

It's not the swings that get me, it's that fog that deals a ton of damage.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm horny at work thinking about dark souls

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's not the swings that get me, it's that fog that deals a ton of damage.

Like when fog pours out of his mouth and the fog rises up or are you just getting risky and trying for the bracelets when his wrists are close to his torso?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Like when fog pours out of his mouth and the fog rises up or are you just getting risky and trying for the bracelets when his wrists are close to his torso?

The former. It expands outward and gets me.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NickRoweFillea posted:

The former. It expands outward and gets me.

My recommendation is to keep his face in frame at all times and run away when fog starts pouring out of his mouth

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

lol I just got a gesture from being killed by an NPC invader when he performed it over my corpse

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

goferchan posted:

lol I just got a gesture from being killed by an NPC invader when he performed it over my corpse

He's an rear end in a top hat

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Abyss Watchers is intense af. I can get through the first phase no problem and I've gotten the second phase down to half health. It's combos are insane

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It's very fun to parry abyss watcher cosplayers when they're flipping poo poo... calmer heads prevail

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pablo Gigante posted:

Abyss Watchers is intense af. I can get through the first phase no problem and I've gotten the second phase down to half health. It's combos are insane

second phase got me good because in Bloodborne 99% of the time if you dodged towards and enemy you would be fine but the second phase attacks mess you up like crazy if you do that

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

that guy kept owning me when i was exploring because i either never saw or even got an invasion warning. happened five times, i would be lost in that dumb maze and suddenly from behind i would get owned to death and gestured on.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
It's v cool that you can get sunbro medals from invading so you can switch up from helping out with bosses

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

as w/ other souls games, the real pvp starts in NG+. the whole world is an invasion conga line. the forest is fun as hell to run through cindered

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm at the second part of Lothric Castle and I don't want the game to end :whitewater:

feels a bit shorter than DS1 and obviously 2 but it also doesn't have any terrible areas and the quality is so high throughout so w/e

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

got a dark sword off of the first darkwraith and now im in heaven

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

I.N.R.I posted:

i think stuff like that is bad. you should be able to see as much as possible in 1 playthrough

you think new content in NG+ is bad???

i think thats like, the icing on the cake. at least some bonus BP enemies here and there, new NPC invasions. having nothing at all be different in ng+ is dumb

although i will say that all of the NPCs in NG+ are noticeably smarter, and use spells and stuff more. though i might just be imagining it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

as w/ other souls games, the real pvp starts in NG+. the whole world is an invasion conga line. the forest is fun as hell to run through cindered

thats relieving but there probably arent very many noobs in ng+. i bet im going to get killed a lot

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

scary ghost dog posted:

thats relieving but there probably arent very many noobs in ng+. i bet im going to get killed a lot

i posted a story where a dude chugged all his estus and did the cutthroat gesture and i immediately owned him in 10 seconds and that happened in 1-1 NG+, where the majority of pvp happens

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

yes im calling the levels 1-1 1-2 etc. since they were clearly going for the demons approach w/ the worlds, but they streamlined it through bonfire links

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Protip stay embered for the interior portion of cathedral of deep the npc invader there is very important to kill

gently caress!! I've messed up at least two quests and countless invaders at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I really like blasting dudes with a swarm of locusts when they're taunting me, the spell has the cast animation of a defensive miracle so they don't see the drat thing comin lol

• Locked thread